PDA

View Full Version : favre is playing out of his mind

jarodthegood
10-19-2009, 11:50 AM
1st time on here.being a pitt fan i ahve to say i am also a nfl fan, and I have watched all the vikings games, and it seems everyone is stacking the box against ap and the vikings are only using him as a decoy he is getting carries but they seem to be just to setup the pass and favre is on FIRE he is doing everything to make the team win I think they are 2nd in the nfl in redzone in scoring. Thier dfense has looked really bad but its only when they get way ahead. They are probably the most complete team in the nfl right now. our steelers can beat them at home but the vikings offense hasnt scored less than 27 pts.

Favre is making a bid for nfl mvp

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=0112

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
1st time on here.being a pitt fan i ahve to say i am also a nfl fan, and I have watched all the vikings games, and it seems everyone is stacking the box against ap and the vikings are only using him as a decoy he is getting carries but they seem to be just to setup the pass and favre is on FIRE he is doing everything to make the team win I think they are 2nd in the nfl in redzone in scoring. Thier dfense has looked really bad but its only when they get way ahead. They are probably the most complete team in the nfl right now. our steelers can beat them at home but the vikings offense hasnt scored less than 27 pts.

So then we just need to score 28 points and hold them to their low. No problem.

deminutah
10-19-2009, 12:29 PM
They should be 4-2 right now. My wife is a 49ers fan and they won that game in the last second on a very lucky pass and a bad call by SF's def coord, who instead of covering the endzone, decided to blitz and Baltimore's kicker won the game yesterday for the Vikings.

SteelerEmpire
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
They should be 4-2 right now. My wife is a 49ers fan and they won that game in the last second on a very lucky pass and a bad call by SF's def coord, who instead of covering the endzone, decided to blitz and Baltimore's kicker won the game yesterday for the Vikings.

Yea. Even ESPN is saying their coach's must be bringing a rabbit's foot to the games.....
LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/4891/hoping-for-luck

billybob
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I like when we play teams that are unbeaten . We seem to have a knack at giving teams their first loss . Remember the unbeaten 49's ? That was one of my favorites . They went with one loss to the super bowl , instead of unbeaten . Nothing sweeter than giving an unbeaten their first loss .

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

jarodthegood
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
how can you say they are lucky.. there is a lot more to a game than one play. example the 49ers had a fluke blocked fg for a td and a fumble for a td so whose lucky. every wants to say they ar elucky byt yet they are arguably the best team in the nfl with the saints!

sharkweek
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
A self proclaimed Steeler fan and he's slobbing Favre's knob before his own team's QB who is currently making his own case for MVP with record breaking pace stats...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

1st in yards
2nd in completion %
4th in rating
2nd in yards per game
1st in avg yards per attempt
1st in avg yards per completion
1st in 20+ plays
2nd in 40+ plays
1st in 1st down %
2nd in 1st downs

The only stats where he isn't completely lights out is his TD/INT ratio, where 3 of his 6 INTs aren't necessarily his fault and a few TD opportunities were missed due to drops.

also note, Hines is the league's leading WR... :tt03:

And as far as complete teams go...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

well, our offense certainly isn't too shabby - 5th overall (2nd best passing), and our D, while not as good as we'd like is 3rd overall (2nd best rushing)... The Vikings don't even register in the top 5 anywhere on those 6 major categories, I guess they lost their one claim to dominance, their run D (the only major category the Steelers D was not #1 in last season). In fact, we're the only team to show up in at least 4 of those 6 categories.

rawr

:tt02:

sharkweek
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM
I like when we play teams that are unbeaten . We seem to have a knack at giving teams their first loss . Remember the unbeaten 49's ? That was one of my favorites . They went with one loss to the super bowl , instead of unbeaten . Nothing sweeter than giving an unbeaten their first loss .

my favorite unbeaten spoilers were when we deflowered the Eagles and Patriots in back to back weeks during the 04-05 season and did it in dominating fashion. Granted, the Pats unfortunately were able to get revenge on us but still, that stretch of 8 days was easily one of my favorites in Steeler history.

steelreserve
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM

Heh, I was AT that game. I remember Ray Wersching (kicker for the 49ers) had a chance to put the 49ers ahead with like 2 minutes left, but instead he drilled one right off the upright. Then the Steelers marched right down and kicked a FG of their own. Probably one of the more dramatic endings I've seen in person, even though I was like 6 years old at the time.

SF was about six inches away from being the first team to go 16-0, which in hindsight, I probably would've liked a lot more than the Patriots doing it.

HometownGal
10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
As I said in another thread, Favre can be quite dangerous if he's on his game and he has a nice compliment of receivers and a TE to toss the pigskin to. Sure he's a drama king, but he can still burn you if you give him time to do so.

The Steelers need to be in his face ALL GAME, as Favre hates being pressured and is prone to making mistakes when under fire. The Vikes aren't unbeatable and neither is Favre.

sharkweek
10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
SF was about six inches away from being the first team to go 16-0, which in hindsight, I probably would've liked a lot more than the Patriots doing it.

and miss out on them going 18-1? I don't know about you, but with hindsight I actually prefer that they went 16-0. They can never brag about it because they lost the Superbowl. Its the same deal as the Bengals winning the AFC North in the 05 season, but on a much greater scale. Let them brag about if they're stupid enough to try.

jarodthegood
10-19-2009, 02:13 PM
yeah roth is putting up mvp numbers to maybe not quite as good as far in scoring,qb rating and some other things. but if he keeps it up they will say favre did it with less weapons,

SteelRNation
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Man, I thought this was a Steeler forum. Its funny to see all the man crushes on Favre and the Vikings. I'll tell you right now...you say the Vikings are the most complete team? The Colts or Saints would tear them apart. The Vikings are the worse unbeaten team left. Lets see how they do against us this weekend. On another note: I wish some Steeler posters here would be as adamant and supportive of the Steelers as they are the Vikings. Its comical to watch them praise our opponents and rip into the Steelers.

Sharkissle29
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
my favorite unbeaten spoilers were when we deflowered the Eagles and Patriots in back to back weeks during the 04-05 season and did it in dominating fashion. Granted, the Pats unfortunately were able to get revenge on us but still, that stretch of 8 days was easily one of my favorites in Steeler history.

i agree, what a great stretch we had there..

HometownGal
10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Man, I thought this was a Steeler forum. Its funny to see all the man crushes on Favre and the Vikings. I'll tell you right now...you say the Vikings are the most complete team? The Colts or Saints would tear them apart. The Vikings are the worse unbeaten team left. Lets see how they do against us this weekend. On another note: I wish some Steeler posters here would be as adamant and supportive of the Steelers as they are the Vikings. Its comical to watch them praise our opponents and rip into the Steelers.

You ignorantly mistake "man crushes" for FACT and TRUTH. Anyone who discounts Favre or the Vikes this coming Sunday needs a lobotomy. You want to keep staring through those black 'n gold colored glasses - go right ahead. I'm a diehard Steelers fan and though I believe the Steelers can handle Favre and the Vikes, I'm not guaranteeing a victory against - YES - one of the best teams in the NFL thus far this season.

GridironWarrior
10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Key matchup will be Timmons vs. their TE Shiancoe (sp?). The Steelers only need to worry about him in the passing game. Their WRs are average at best. This game will probably be low scoring like the Titans game in wk 1. I still think The Titans have the best Offensive line theyíve faced.

Ricco Suavez
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM
how can you say they are lucky.. there is a lot more to a game than one play. example the 49ers had a fluke blocked fg for a td and a fumble for a td so whose lucky. every wants to say they ar elucky byt yet they are arguably the best team in the nfl with the saints!

Me thinks we have a troll in sheeps clothing

Edman
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
The Vikings are stacked, and Brett (as much as I dislike his diva-ness) has found a new lease on life in Minnesota and is playing better than he ever has in years. They're unbeaten for a reason. This will be the first real challenge the Steelers have faced all season.

SteelGhost
10-19-2009, 04:48 PM

:toofunny:

IMHO the Saints and the Giants are ahead of the Vikes in the NFC.

I hope Troy will be helping Timmons to keep Vike's TE in check :tt:

SteelCityMom
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM

No, he's not trolling, he's just bringing up legitimate points.

Sure, some of the Vikings wins were close, but saying they're lucky to have won is just wrong. As a Steelers and Pens fan I have to hear all the time about how lucky they were to have won their championships and a good number of games...and that's just bs. Good teams create their own luck.

All the OP is doing is bringing up concern about how well Favre and the Vikes are playing right now...and it's all true. Outside of the Ravens, the Vikes will probably be the hardest team on our schedule this year.

SuperSteelers
10-19-2009, 06:25 PM
No, he's not trolling, he's just bringing up legitimate points.

Sure, some of the Vikings wins were close, but saying they're lucky to have won is just wrong. As a Steelers and Pens fan I have to hear all the time about how lucky they were to have won their championships and a good number of games...and that's just bs. Good teams create their own luck.

All the OP is doing is bringing up concern about how well Favre and the Vikes are playing right now...and it's all true. Outside of the Ravens, the Vikes will probably be the hardest team on our schedule this year.

Yeah, he waited to register on Steelers Fever (past 2 Steelers superbowl vicotries) unitl the Vike's game and starts professing his love for Brett "Big Drama" Favre.. Yeah, he's part of the nation.:rofl:

SteelCityMom
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, he waited to register on Steelers Fever (past 2 Steelers superbowl vicotries) unitl the Vike's game and starts professing his love for Brett "Big Drama" Favre.. Yeah, he's part of the nation.:rofl:

Sorry, I guess I'm just not cynical enough to see how he professed his love for Farve. The Vikes are a good team this year, it's going to be a very tough game...and whether he's a Vikes fan or Steelers fan, he's not saying anything that isn't true.

I guess I missed the rule though that you had to register at a certain time to be able to have a valid opinion on this board lol.

Psyychoward86
10-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Lol, wait til the 2nd half of the season when his arm starts giving out. Statistically speaking, Brett has been absololutely abysmal in the 2nd half of the season throughout his entire career. Go check it out

rick723
10-19-2009, 06:58 PM

I won over $250 on that game. I picked the Steelers in a work pool. It was a Homer pick. I was the only guy to pick them. 4 guys had 2 misses. I had 1.

Vincent
10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
This sets the table for a barn burner and Ben is up to a shoot out with Favre. How cool is it going to be for Ben to play against one of his heroes and have a shot at beating him?

As much as I hate seeing our D getting a run for their money, this could be one for the ages.

SteelRNation
10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
You ignorantly mistake "man crushes" for FACT and TRUTH. Anyone who discounts Favre or the Vikes this coming Sunday needs a lobotomy. You want to keep staring through those black 'n gold colored glasses - go right ahead. I'm a diehard Steelers fan and though I believe the Steelers can handle Favre and the Vikes, I'm not guaranteeing a victory against - YES - one of the best teams in the NFL thus far this season.

Fact and truth? What do you mean? Like Drew Brees lighting up the #1 defense in the league at the time in the Giants for 48 points or the meltdown by the Vikes that took a choke by the Baltimore kicker to win? If you're gonna have man crushes at least make it a decent team. You think the Vikes are good? I bet you thought the Jets were good too when they came out of the gate at 3-0. Die hard Steeler fan, huh? Since what? '05?

billybob
10-19-2009, 08:55 PM
:tt02:how can you say they are lucky.. there is a lot more to a game than one play. example the 49ers had a fluke blocked fg for a td and a fumble for a td so whose lucky. every wants to say they ar elucky byt yet they are arguably the best team in the nfl with the saints!

I said nothing of "LUCK" sonny boy . I said we have a knack of making the unbeatins , beatin . We gather steam as we move along . We are movin along , and nothing would be sweeter than knockin the vikes from their unbeaten rank .
We are the "CHAMPIONS " , until someone proves to me otherwise .
There are a couple of teams out there kinda smoldering as of now . NEW ORLEANS ,VIKES TO ME ARE JUST LIKE THE BENGALS . They will simmer down right where they belong .
It's a long season mi amigo , and never forget it .
I would not be surprised if Peterson had a season low in rushing this sunday .
I would not be the least bit surprised if Bret had a season worst game
Picken up the steam as you go along is the key to a teams success . Danger lies in peaking a little too early .

steeltheone
10-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Give Ben Minnys running game once.

billybob
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Give Ben Minnys running game once.

Whatever , ya still have to knock us off the hill before you can be king . We are the KINGS ! Tomlin knows a little about the Vikings , that i am sure his team will learn this week , during practice . I am not afraid of any unbeatin team . I don't think our squad is either . Somebody will come away with a loss .
I just don't think it will be us .

Preacher
10-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Fact and truth? What do you mean? Like Drew Brees lighting up the #1 defense in the league at the time in the Giants for 48 points or the meltdown by the Vikes that took a choke by the Baltimore kicker to win? If you're gonna have man crushes at least make it a decent team. You think the Vikes are good? I bet you thought the Jets were good too when they came out of the gate at 3-0. Die hard Steeler fan, huh? Since what? '05?

Another "if they don't beat every team by 30 points they must suck-unless they are Black and Gold" poster.

You would think that for such an All-Knowing Fan, he would know the ACTUAL name of the team.

SteeelerS -- there is no singular variation.

I guess we know what other site he posts on.

:stirthepot:

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Fact and truth? What do you mean? Like Drew Brees lighting up the #1 defense in the league at the time in the Giants for 48 points or the meltdown by the Vikes that took a choke by the Baltimore kicker to win? If you're gonna have man crushes at least make it a decent team. You think the Vikes are good? I bet you thought the Jets were good too when they came out of the gate at 3-0. Die hard Steeler fan, huh? Since what? '05?youre freaking kidding right?

too bad the edit feature is a bit too late for you.

Air Traffic Contol- we have a size 8 1/2 approaching the runway....

:popcorn:

Vincent
10-19-2009, 10:31 PM
If you're gonna have man crushes at least make it a decent team. You think the Vikes are good? I bet you thought the Jets were good too when they came out of the gate at 3-0. Die hard Steeler fan, huh? Since what? '05?

Ooo boy.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xgOZYiajylI/RpwWHn6VCUI/AAAAAAAAADI/UxCmfNSf8NI/s400/_41292597_romanian300x245ap.jpg

LVSteelersfan
10-19-2009, 10:56 PM
This is one game that I circled in the preseason as a possibility of a loss. Only because Favre seems to be pretty good early in the season. Not saying we can't win, but we have to have a very good defensive game against them. They are supposed to have a great defense, but Ray Rice absolutely torched them. So our offense should do ok.

jarodthegood
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
youre freaking kidding right?

too bad the edit feature is a bit too late for you.

Air Traffic Contol- we have a size 8 1/2 approaching the runway....

:popcorn:

yeah what an idiot how can you say the vikings are not a good team? r they a fluke?lmao adrian peterson,brett favre, jared allen,the williams wall just to name a few a 6-0 start won the nfc north last year. r u kidding me?

scsteeler
10-20-2009, 10:27 AM
This is one game that I circled in the preseason as a possibility of a loss. Only because Favre seems to be pretty good early in the season. Not saying we can't win, but we have to have a very good defensive game against them. They are supposed to have a great defense, but Ray Rice absolutely torched them. So our offense should do ok.

I think the offense will do a great job and the defense will play good enough if not better to keep the vikings under 28 points. I say we win this one by 7.

X-Terminator
10-20-2009, 10:31 AM

Well, I'll just sit back and watch the cyber-ass whoopin' commence. :popcorn:

Just remember...you asked for it!

GridironWarrior
10-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Vikings are a good team. At the beginning of the season I had them beating the Steelers, but after the last few weeks of seeing the O-Line play better I think the Steelers can win this one. Even if itís a shoot out, which I donít want. I rather see a score of 27-10 Steelers win with Mendenhall getting 100 yards. My only 2 concerns on this game is the Vikings front 4 and the Steelers pass rush. But the Vikings showed some cracks last week they the Steelers should be able to exploit.

jarodthegood
10-20-2009, 11:50 AM
ok i think pitt can win too however beiong a realist this could be the toughest game we play, and thier dfense isnt is bad as people want to make it out to be. its only when they get up BIG do they go in this shell of a dfnse that teams have exploited lets remember they are 6-0 and I dont care who they have played 6-0 is a lot of winsin a row in the nfl you have to be a good team.

SuperSteelers
10-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Sorry, I guess I'm just not cynical enough to see how he professed his love for Farve. The Vikes are a good team this year, it's going to be a very tough game...and whether he's a Vikes fan or Steelers fan, he's not saying anything that isn't true.

I guess I missed the rule though that you had to register at a certain time to be able to have a valid opinion on this board lol.

I'm not saying that he's spewing lies.. but that he SMELLS like a troll. It's one thing to go on a oposing fan board and fly your colors and comment about how your team will beat them, and it's another to hide pretending you are a Steelers fan and profess your love for the Vikings and Favre.

I have no respect for the latter.

Some clues to trolledom:

He refers to the Steelers as "Pitt".
He refers to Roethlisberger as "Roth"
His name is jarodthegood -- as in nordic viking

Now if he wants to discuss the upcomming game as a Viking fan, I have no problem with that, but don't try to pose as a Steelers fan.

:tt02:

jarodthegood
10-20-2009, 01:48 PM
lol cause im not from pittsburgh i call pittsburgh pitt.sorry! lol and for my name i dont know hoe that relates to being a viking can...I was giving them thier props i have watched all thier games and they are a good team......

solardave
10-20-2009, 02:08 PM
yeah roth is putting up mvp numbers to maybe not quite as good as far in scoring,qb rating and some other things. but if he keeps it up they will say favre did it with less weapons,

Favre has been around for 27 years. Give Ben about 5 more and they'll be saying Brett who? We'll see Sunday. It is by the way the only reason we're talking about Favre here. Like Chuck Knoll said "it's our next game"

solardave
10-20-2009, 02:13 PM

Yeah, their good but not one of the best IMHO. The Steelers will beat them. That's right I said it and I'm sticking by it. I'll go one step farther in saying it'll be a shootout but I believe our secondary is better and that will be the deciding factor. Favre gambles and Troy will have 2 picks, maybe even a pick 6.Hell, Ike might catch one.:tt02: