PDA

View Full Version : Which receiver is Taylor gonna be on this weekend?

Mags87
10-19-2009, 04:20 PM
im not too sure between Berrian and Rice who is the Vikes number 1. im just wondering which of the two is gonna get shut down haha. i know our secondary can handle these receivers pretty well. hopefully we see the old gunslinging Favre cause if there is air under the ball, the best center fielder in the league is gonna get a shot at it..

steelreserve
10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Ordinarily, I'd bet on Berrian as the more established receiving threat. But in this game, I'd guess Rice because he's a tall S.O.B. and Gay would be giving up a good 6 inches on him.

Steelman16
10-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Whoever he covers had better be shut down all game. Both Rice and Berrian have been playing some great games lately. Ike and his fellow corners are going to have to play much better than as of late. I think they've been good, but necessarily great.

Psyychoward86
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Ike has REALLY not played like Ike this year. He's been so inconsistent, especially against the Bengals, and still a bit inconsistent against the Browns. I still think Berrian is the go to guy, although Sidney was on fire yesterday.

MillerMania83
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Ike has REALLY not played like Ike this year. He's been so inconsistent, especially against the Bengals, and still a bit inconsistent against the Browns. I still think Berrian is the go to guy, although Sidney was on fire yesterday.

Man, I was thinkin' the same thing yesterday watchin' Ike....Hey we won, don't want to b!tch and moan, but man, Ike sure hasn't really played up to his level this year IMO....Seems he just runs the routes with the receivers, gives a cushion, receiver makes the catch, Ike makes the tackle....Not really making A PLAY, breaking passes up, or even getting close to any picks, just kinda a bit disappointed in him so far this year....It's still early, and this week I'm sure he's gonna get MANY CHANCES to make some 'plays', as #4 is comin' to town, and he's DUE for one of 'those games'....Hopefully Ike will get his share thrown his way and he turns his season around a bit IMO, we shall see.

Psyychoward86
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Man, I was thinkin' the same thing yesterday watchin' Ike....Hey we won, don't want to b!tch and moan, but man, Ike sure hasn't really played up to his level this year IMO....Seems he just runs the routes with the receivers, gives a cushion, receiver makes the catch, Ike makes the tackle....Not really making A PLAY, breaking passes up, or even getting close to any picks, just kinda a bit disappointed in him so far this year....It's still early, and this week I'm sure he's gonna get MANY CHANCES to make some 'plays', as #4 is comin' to town, and he's DUE for one of 'those games'....Hopefully Ike will get his share thrown his way and he turns his season around a bit IMO, we shall see.

Albeit, our pass rush hasn't been as punishing as last year, but that shouldn't be an excuse. Massaquoi could have easily polished a 100 yard game against us if it werent for a couple of plays that almost went his way