PDA

View Full Version : Vikings #1 CB out ?

Fire Haley
10-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Vikings' D Isn't The Same Without Winfield

MINNEAPOLIS An injury to star cornerback Antoine Winfield was a negative for the Vikings coming out of Sunday's victory.

Winfield left Sunday's 33-31 victory over the Ravens in the second quarter with a foot injury and never returned. His absence hurt the Vikings, who gave up 21 fourth-quarter points and blew a 27-10 lead before rallying to win.

Winfield is one of the NFL's best cornerbacks superb in pass coverage and a solid tackler and run supporter. Asked if he took advantage of injuries to Winfield and backup cornerback Benny Sapp, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said, "A little bit. We tried to take advantage of it as much as possible."

If Winfield is out for an extended period, expect other quarterbacks to take advantage as well.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/39407/vikings_d_isnt_the_same_without_winfield

Vikings coach Brad Childress said that Pro Bowl CB Antoine Winfield has a sprained right foot and he "won't rule him in or rule him out at this point" for next Sunday's game at Pittsburgh. Winfield missed the entire second half of the win over Baltimore. - Press conference

Winfield's Monday MRI revealed a sprained foot. Winfield's status for Week 7 is unclear, but this is not typically an injury players return to play with the next week.

--------------------------------

Go get em Ben.

Psyychoward86
10-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Sprained right foot? Yeah he's not playing. If he is, he's gonna get burned countless times.

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
I smell blood.............

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2009, 06:25 PM
flacco put up 385 yards on them, so i gotta believe ward, holmes, wallace and miller should find some success against them. how the defense plays will be the determining factor in this game. if they don't get to farve it could be a long day.

bradness113
10-19-2009, 07:19 PM
:helmet:this would b huge. other than winfield... their secondary isnt that special...their D line is wat worries me. Starks has to deal w/ Allen...and kemo, hartwig, and essex gotta deal w/ the williams brothers...

I see Ben and the WRs having a big day. Heath too. (heap had a good game.)
As far as running the ball. I see alot of draws in this game. pushing allen wide and running through the gap will b huge for us.

and the success i saw that favre had, was on play action. we cant bite on it, even though they got AP over there...cuz favre will kill us on play action...as he did the ravens...timmons will b on their TE. and I believe Troy will change the game for us.

LETS GO.

:helmet::tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Winfield is just questionable. I think he will play and it wont be an issue. Got to beat them straight up.

Galax Steeler
10-20-2009, 04:00 AM
I'll take an advantage where ever I can get one. So if he is out indeed Ben should be able to smoke whoever is on that side of the ball.

Steelers & I
10-20-2009, 04:38 AM
Good!