PDA

View Full Version : Logan

SteelersHoss
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I was curious a few times yesterday why Stefan Logan wasn't returning punts?

bradness113
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
from what i noticed...moore fields the punts wen it would be inside the 20 (better judge on letting it go)

truesteelerfan
10-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm happy with either one of those guys returning punts for us. Makes it harder to prepare for us if teams don't always know who will be back there. Not a huge concern

SteelC7
10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
moore cant return punts as well as logan or holmes, or even wallace, as far as breaking one for a TD hes there to make sure we dont fumble the kick, thats the only time u see moore back there is wen tomlin wants to make sure we catch the punt, otherwise logan, holmes or wallace should be used

Preacher
10-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah, seems like Moore is in for tight situations. I think it's a smart move, logan is just a rookie and seems anxious at times.

I agree. It makes sense.

sharkweek
10-20-2009, 02:38 AM
yup, Moore is in there for tighter punts where his surer hands and tougher stature are welcomed pluses

steelreserve
10-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Moore basically seems to be used as Mr. Reliable for whatever situation we put him in. And he still can make some pretty big plays. I'm sure glad we got THAT guy.

Preacher
10-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Moore basically seems to be used as Mr. Reliable for whatever situation we put him in. And he still can make some pretty big plays. I'm sure glad we got THAT guy.

As opposed to Reed back there, or even Cok' lee (phonetics...have no CLUE how to spell his real name)... I sure am too!

solardave
10-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Didn't they say that Logan played in the CFL where they aren't allowed to fair catch. It might be hard for him to get away from that mindset so in this case Moore is definitely the man for the job. Plus like you all have already said. Mr. Reliable.

Galax Steeler
10-20-2009, 04:42 AM
I think everyone feels safe with Moore back there. He make good decisions. I have seen Logan catch it and try to run when he should have fair caught it. Moore is just a safe bet back there returning punts.

Rick5895
10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Didn't they say that Logan played in the CFL where they aren't allowed to fair catch. It might be hard for him to get away from that mindset so in this case Moore is definitely the man for the job. Plus like you all have already said. Mr. Reliable.

Yes Logan did play in the CFL and there is no fair catch rule, however the coverage teams have to give 5 yards on punts so the returner can let it bounce around with no real damage, pick it up and go as the coverage unit usually gets a little flat footed. If the coverage team gets inside the 5 yard barrier, it usually means a 15 yard penalty.

Logan was a very dynamic back and return man in the CFL, hopefully it will come for him, he has the ability to make people miss but IMO he goes down too easily on first contact.

I would like to see them use Wallace from time to time!!

steelballs
10-20-2009, 07:52 AM
I think Moore is in there solely for his hands, he secures the ball on impact.