PDA

View Full Version : Bolts and Broncs

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Who ya rooting for? I sold be rooting for the Bolts because we Steelers fans need the undefeated teams beaten. I just despise Phillip Rivers, so if the Chargers get crushed I'll have a hard time not enjoying it.

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2009, 07:37 PM
i'm pulling for the chargers...i hate undefeated teams because the media just wants to keep shoving them down your throat.

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Chargers. Denver's undefeatedness needs to stop.

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM
chargers.

donkos suck. they are right there with the ravens patriots cowboys bungles browns in my book.

i would never root for them unless it absolutely benefitted the steelers.

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Chargers. Denver's undefeatedness needs to stop.

I hear your logic. Can I root for San Diego and still hope rivers gets kicked in the nuts?:noidea:

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 07:49 PM
I see Orton is sporting a nice Hitler mustache.

Ryan McBean with the tackle.

Edman
10-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Denver gets exposed tonight.

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Denver gets exposed tonight.

Looks that way so far.

Preacher
10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Chargers. Because if there are tie--breakers for the playoffs, it is best to have teams lose to team we beat... (yeah, it is the 4th step in multiple team tie breakers... but you leave nothing to chance!

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
I hear your logic. Can I root for San Diego and still hope rivers gets kicked in the nuts?:noidea:

Works for me. :chuckle:

Jmat
10-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Man listening to Jaws slobbering all over Rivers is getting to me, He is better than Brady, Manning, Farve and Brees, all put together.
"The best QB in the league at avoiding the rush and keeping the play alive."
How many playoff games has Rivers won?

Ben who?

Edman
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
San Diego coming at the Broncos hard. San Diego has had two possessions in the Red Zone already. Rivers is having his way with the Denver Defense.

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Man listening to Jaws slobbering all over Rivers is getting to me, He is better than Brady, Manning, Farve and Brees, all put together.

Ben who?

Exactly.

Didn't we completely humiliated this red hot superman quarterbacking the Chargers?

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 08:24 PM

Ben who?

You should have listened to the pregame when they were listing how big games he won in college.:doh:

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 08:27 PM

Rivers is awesome. Ben plays "recklessly".

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 08:29 PM
At this point, I wouldn't trade any of out starting linebackers for Shawne Merriman. His play has just has just dropped so far.

Nadroj 20
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Not sure about that penalty ruling...i thought since the unsportsman like conduct was after the play it would be 1st and 25

The Penalty during the play should result in a 1st down and then the after play call should add on to that (is what i think anyway)

Can anybody explain the reason why it isnt?

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Nice hair Jaws.:toofunny:

Wow two in one game. Nice Sp-teams Chargers.

Nadroj 20
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
LOL Eddie Royal returns a punt very nice.....thats awesome haha

Edman
10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
San Diego Special Teams is really letting them down.

KR Touchdown and PR touchdown in the same game. Unbelievable.

Jmat
10-19-2009, 08:49 PM
This is an entertaining game. Gates is a beast. How a man that big can make the moves he does is amazing.

Nadroj 20
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
This is an entertaining game. Gates is a beast. How a man that big can make the moves he does is amazing.

He juked Bailey out of his shoes haha! that was pretty sweet

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice to see that were not the only ones who have trouble with Gates.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Come on Chargers, win this shit you overrated SOB's!

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Damn, three returns for touchdowns in one half of football. Two by Royal, one by Sproles. I wonder if that's an NFL record.

tony hipchest
the vertical pipi longstockings are an embarrassment to the nfl.

hopefully the sproles return puts the c0ckstockings in their rightful place- the L column.

Nadroj 20
Why are they playing the full game?

They should just make it a Punt/Kick return contest..lol

Jmat
10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Man, it would be so nice to have a guy that could return punts and kickoffs to the house.
I'm jealous of these two teams.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Man, it would be so nice to have a guy that could return punts and kickoffs to the house.

It takes more than one fast guy. It takes blocking by the guys in front of him too.

Edman
10-19-2009, 09:06 PM

We do.

Special Teams are more than just having a fast guy returning punts. You have to have good blocking too.

Nadroj 20
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I cant beleivce they didnt return that missed field goal for a TD lol

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Good half. By my count we have had 9 mentions of the Pats/Belicheat. I say we will have 8 more in the second half.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I cant beleivce they didnt return that missed field goal for a TD lol

I personally, was very upset by that.

Preacher
10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
I actually heard them saying that Rivers is the best quarterback under pressure.

REally? Better than Ben?

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 09:27 PM
I actually heard them saying that Rivers is the best quarterback under pressure.

REally? Better than Ben?

Naaaa ... Ben just holds the ball too long.

Although that was a hell of play on the screen by Rivers.

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Willie Colon is going to have his hands full with dooooobervillie(sp). Bolts aree going to lose this game if somebody doesn't make a big play.

Edman
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
The Broncos came out and made a statement tonight. They are a force to be reckoned with in the AFC.

Again, San Diego's poor D and poor special teams did them in tonight.

fansince'76
10-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Is Norv Turner on the hotseat now? He should be. That team has done nothing but go backwards since he's been there.

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 10:48 PM
kudos to the broncos.

i thought the pats, cowboys, and chargers were sure losses for them.

just goes to show, you cant believe in all the pre season power rankings.

just like last year, the west is theirs to lose.

(i must add that the patriots looked good last year too, and then the steelers went in and stomped a mudhole into thier ass).

OneForTheToe
10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Is Norv Turner on the hotseat now? He should be. That team has done nothing but go backwards since he's been there.

Call 1 800 - gomarty

fansince'76
10-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Gawd - the local newscast here in Denver is talking Super Bowl now. Shoot me now.

Edman
10-19-2009, 10:56 PM

In 2006, the Chargers were easily among the NFL's best under Marty. The complete package team that had the look of competing for years to come. Yes, they have done nothing since he's been there. Philip Rivers prime years being wasted on Norvie.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Less than impressive win against the NFL's worst defense. But, undefeated in the NFL is something to talk about........until January comes around.

CanadianSteel
10-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Denver looked solid tonight.... however don't think that last TD was good. Ref explained both feet were past the goaline but nothing about the ball breaking the plain. If people were complainign about Santomio's TD versus the Rats last year yet this one should get the same treatment !
Anyhow what looked like an easy game at the start of the year now looks like one of the tougher ones...

fansince'76
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Denver looked solid tonight.... however don't think that last TD was good. Ref explained both feet were past the goaline but nothing about the ball breaking the plain. If people were complainign about Santomio's TD versus the Rats last year yet this one should get the same treatment !

Doubtful, considering "God's LB" doesn't play for the Chargers and won't spend the next week bitching about it while Disney Channel II eats every bit of it up and comes back for seconds.

MACH1
10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Gawd - the local newscast here in Denver is talking Super Bowl now. Shoot me now.

:chuckle:

CantStop85
10-20-2009, 12:11 AM

The "immaculate deflection" gets more and more upsetting with every Broncos win. :flap:

Steelerstrength
10-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Doubtful, considering "God's LB" doesn't play for the Chargers and won't spend the next week bitching about it while Disney Channel II eats every bit of it up and comes back for seconds.

:sofunny: Now that was an excellent post!

jcdavey08
10-20-2009, 02:32 AM
the chargers have done more under norv than they did with marty (norv actually wins playoff games)

that said, this team's got no D left and no oline

i keep jammer, cooper, weddle, some of the backups, rivers VJ naanee gates and sproles and just cut the rest of them loose in the offseason, like the broncos did with their massive overhaul

fire AJ, rivera and norv, and just start fresh

steelreserve
10-20-2009, 02:40 AM
On the bright side -- the Broncos won me $50 tonight, and also covered the over. ka-ching!

On the down side, the Broncos moved me one step closer to losing the $50 bet I put down on them at the start of the year to finish with less than 7 wins. Go figure.

stillers4me
10-20-2009, 05:06 AM

Welcome to my world. :chuckle:

Anyhow what looked like an easy game at the start of the year now looks like one of the tougher ones...

Our "easy schedule" isn't so easy anymore. Even the Raiders have managed to win a game. :chuckle:

Jmat
10-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I for one never expected the Broncos team I'm seeing. On paper San Diego looked to have the AFC West wrapped up easily.
Denver's defense is outstanding and Josh McDaniel is pushing the right buttons to this point.
There is a long, long way to go though so any team talking Super Bowl already is jumping the gun big time.

After the way Ron Jaworski was swinging off Philip Rivers' sack early in the game it was nice to see Rivers getting killed later in the game. He probably isn't going to have to worry about his first playoff win this season.

OneForTheToe
10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I for one never expected the Broncos team I'm seeing. On paper San Diego looked to have the AFC West wrapped up easily.
Denver's defense is outstanding and Josh McDaniel is pushing the right buttons to this point.
There is a long, long way to go though so any team talking Super Bowl already is jumping the gun big time.

After the way Ron Jaworski was swinging off Philip Rivers' sack early in the game it was nice to see Rivers getting killed later in the game. He probably isn't going to have to worry about his first playoff win this season.

Yes, but if you listen to Stuart Scott in the pregame, Rivers is a big game QB in the NFL because of how he played in Bowl Games in college.:coffee:

silver & black
10-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Welcome to my world. :chuckle:

Our "easy schedule" isn't so easy anymore. Even the Raiders have managed to win a game. :chuckle:

Two games!... get it right. :wink02:

silver & black
10-20-2009, 04:38 PM

No! He's the best coach they could ever have! He rocks... just stay put Norv! :sofunny:

fansince'76
10-20-2009, 04:47 PM

They play hard for 60 minutes, I'll give them that.

fansince'76
10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
No! He's the best coach they could ever have! He rocks... just stay put Norv! :sofunny:

:chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Another Rivers hater here...And L.T. ...and Merriman...I'm always glad when they lose...Even though most of the time I can't stand to watch the game because the media circle jerk over the Chargers usually drives me away before half-time, kind of like the Patriots or anything to do with Favre. Let's just say I'm glad they lost.