PDA

View Full Version : Who else does this?

Preacher
10-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I have always enjoyed a cold room.

right now, I am in the family room getting ready to watch TV. We have the windows wide open, and everyone covered up with a blanket. The colder it gets, the more I like it.

Middle of winter, we keep the fan/airconditioner going and throw a bunch of blankets on the bed.

Is anyone else like that?

MACH1
10-20-2009, 12:31 AM
I like a cold bedroom to sleep in.

MasterOfPuppets
10-20-2009, 12:57 AM
do you mean does anyone like wasting electricity ? if your not part of the solution....
seriously though... don't sit out there in california and spot off about how much you like the cold .....:mad:

Preacher
10-20-2009, 01:31 AM
do you mean does anyone like wasting electricity ? if your not part of the solution....
seriously though... don't sit out there in california and spot off about how much you like the cold .....:mad:

:chuckle:

Hey, I am in N. Cal. It gets below 40 in the winter! :wink02:

Actually, I grew up in Spokane Washington. About every thrird or fourth winter, we would get a weather pattern descending from Alaska\Northern Canada.... it'd be 15, 20 below with another 10 or 15 taken off for windchill. Not too too long, but long enough to REALLY feel it. A strange feeling when you get excited to see snow because it means its getting warmer.

MACH1
10-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Well ya know anything under 70 feels like the arctic to those Californians. :chuckle:

Preacher
10-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Let's see ....how can I say this and not get banned......

You shouldn't do things that make you seem retarded.

:hunch:

lose a fight with your paper shredder? Gotta remember to keep the tie away from the entrance.

Preacher
10-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Well ya know anything under 70 feels like the arctic to those Californians. :chuckle:

The temperate weather here has softened me up a little.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen snow in what, 4 years now? Dang.

Another reason I enjoy going to Pittsburgh... nice cold weather. Though its mid-November. SO not too cold yet.

Borski
10-20-2009, 02:27 AM
I love a cold room to sleep in and pile on the blankets, I can't sleep in a warm or hot room.

X-Terminator
10-20-2009, 03:36 AM
I have to sometimes run my AC because it gets so warm in my apartment because of the radiator heat that it makes it uncomfortable to sleep. I've had to do it the last 2 nights even though the temp outside was in the mid-30s.

steelreserve
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't really seek out a chill room on purpose, but I prefer to turn the heat down while I'm sleeping, because the blankets are warm enough, and keeping the rest of the house warm really doesn't do you any good because you're sleeping.

On the other hand, for some reason, my fiancee is always cold even if it's 75+ degrees in the house, so inevitably it ends up with her bundled up and me walking around in shorts and a T-shirt. And at night, her sleeping under two or three blankets and me lying on top of the blankets trying not to sweat to death. I really don't understand how women are so vulnerable to cold that they complain about it being cold when it actually isn't.

MasterOfPuppets
10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I have to sometimes run my AC because it gets so warm in my apartment because of the radiator heat that it makes it uncomfortable to sleep. I've had to do it the last 2 nights even though the temp outside was in the mid-30s. here's what you do...look around on the walls for a device called a thermostat... when you find it you turn it down to like 62....:thumbsup:

Pittsky
10-20-2009, 01:37 PM
i live in fla. originally from painesville, ohio. it was 93 degree's when i left florida for pitt last thursday. 32 when we arrived in pitt. i thought it felt great though. i was nicely bundled up though...posted pics in another thread...and yeah i always have it freezing in my house...

AllD
10-20-2009, 01:45 PM
60 degrees at night and 80 degrees during the day is perfect. That is why people vacation in Florida during the winter.

Polamalu Princess
10-20-2009, 03:18 PM
My husband & I keep the house around 63 year round because we like it cool. During the winter we get strange comments from our neighbors because we have our windows open! I am one of the few people that LOVE the cold weather.

X-Terminator
10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
here's what you do...look around on the walls for a device called a thermostat... when you find it you turn it down to like 62....:thumbsup:

Did you read my whole post? I said I have radiator heat, which means steam heat from boilers. I do not have control of my heat, and when they turn those boilers on, it gets extremely warm in here. And since the boilers are still running when the temperature goes up (it's supposed to be 70 here tomorrow), it makes it even worse. Not everyone has the luxury of a thermostat.

Vincent
10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
I love the winter because it gets cold. I hate the winter because they have the heat on in public places.

We live in NC which is very temperate. We keep the house in the 60s in the cool months and in the 70s in the warm months.

To me, 45 is the perfect sleeping temp. But then, I like sleet.

Shoes
10-20-2009, 05:51 PM

right now, I am in the family room getting ready to watch TV. We have the windows wide open, and everyone covered up with a blanket. The colder it gets, the more I like it.

Middle of winter, we keep the fan/airconditioner going and throw a bunch of blankets on the bed.

Is anyone else like that?

I've got just the place for you bro.....and you can save on your electric bill . I have an extra pair of snowshoes :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/52418786_WardtrailSnowShoeingOct-1.jpg

beSteelmyheart
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Down here in "Sauna Central", AKA Central Florida, where it was 90 degrees a week ago, I kid you not, I was waiting for this latest "cold front" to come down before I went completely out of my mind. Aside from a relief from the heat, it is a relief on our electric bill-it feels good to feel the natural air moving through the house & maybe not have a 180 something dollar power bill coming...Why on Earth would you run your AC in the cool weather? You might as well throw a stack of dollar bills on the winter fire that will soon be coming. Or just send it to me....

HometownGal
10-20-2009, 07:26 PM
The older I get, the less I like the cold temps outside, but there is NOTHING like sleeping at night in the late fall and winter with the bedroom windows opened a bit and snuggling under those nice warm blankets! :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
i like my woobie.

MACH1
10-20-2009, 07:58 PM
i like my woobie.

http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/1015500/1015746_0b59_625x1000.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny:

Vincent
10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/1015500/1015746_0b59_625x1000.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny:

http://doubledeckerbuses.org/blog/media/blogs/new/God-kills-kitten.jpg

beSteelmyheart
10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
The older I get, the less I like the cold temps outside, but there is NOTHING like sleeping at night in the late fall and winter with the bedroom windows opened a bit and snuggling under those nice warm blankets! :thumbsup:

You & me both!
I live in the land of what feels like the endless summer & when it's still 90 degrees in October a person can get to thinking that they are going to just lose it because they are so sick of the heat! It is such a wonderful thing when the cold air finally descends & it's almost like a celebration when I can open up all of the windows , air out the house & feel some natural cold air!
Some might think they would be miserable with the windows open at these temps now...80's during the day & 60's at night, but I love it, & am looking forward to more cold fronts.When I hear about the temps up in the Burgh during game time, it makes me so homesick. I miss the seasons....but I still hate freezing my ass off!

GBMelBlount
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM

I assume you create that environment by simply walking into a room preach. :chuckle:

We sleep with the windows open all winter, no matter how cold.

Nothing like waking up to a nice piece of frosty ass in the morning. :wink02:

devilsdancefloor
10-22-2009, 08:42 PM
i like cold... when we travel my wife takes a blanket cause i have the ac on full blast. at night windows are open and fan on!! it is a must!

hindes204
10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I love the house cold, i like to put the AC on about 61..........my wife does not like the house cold.............................................. ...............................in other words, our house is never cold

SteelCityMom
10-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Did you read my whole post? I said I have radiator heat, which means steam heat from boilers. I do not have control of my heat, and when they turn those boilers on, it gets extremely warm in here. And since the boilers are still running when the temperature goes up (it's supposed to be 70 here tomorrow), it makes it even worse. Not everyone has the luxury of a thermostat.

The apartment we just moved out of was the same way. Drove me nuts in the winter, especially at night. We'd have all the windows open and fans going pretty much 24/7 no matter how cold it was outside, and sometimes would have to run the AC on warmer fall or winter days. Thankfully we didn't have to pay for that heat that they seemed to want to waste lol.

Preacher
10-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I love the house cold, i like to put the AC on about 61..........my wife does not like the house cold.............................................. ...............................in other words, our house is never cold

:chuckle: My wife has learned the value of "more blankets".

MasterOfPuppets
10-23-2009, 07:36 PM

yes i read it. you made no mention of not having a thermostat. i too have lived in an apartment with radiator heat but i still had a thermostat. :flap:

X-Terminator
10-24-2009, 03:36 PM
yes i read it. you made no mention of not having a thermostat. i too have lived in an apartment with radiator heat but i still had a thermostat. :flap:

Well then someone needs to get with the times around here, because I have never seen an apartment with radiator heat that had a thermostat.

MasterOfPuppets
10-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Well then someone needs to get with the times around here, because I have never seen an apartment with radiator heat that had a thermostat.

actually i lived on the first floor and controlled the heat for all the apartments....it really gave me a God complex...:chuckle: ...everybodies comfort level was in my hands. i also had the use of the basement , so when the noisey bastards above me plucked my nerves to much, i'd punish them by waiting till they got in the shower, then i'd go in the basement and turn the hotwater valve on and off...:toofunny: ...or i'd turn the thermostat down to about 62 before i left for work...:chuckle:

OneForTheToe
10-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I've shared some bedrooms that have been ice cold...... but um ..... that's a completely different story.:wave:

Seriously, I prefer to sleep in a room around 60 degrees.