PDA

View Full Version : Here is the Health Care Bill --

Preacher
10-20-2009, 04:01 AM
It is 1502 pages!

Of course, this bill will go through a whole LOT of changes once it hits the floor. Both dems and repubs are leary of certain parts of it, so changes are coming.

However, here is the bill in all its glory.

http://finance.senate.gov/press/Bpress/2009press/prb101909.pdf

revefsreleets
10-20-2009, 08:48 AM
This is the Senate Finance Committee Bill...I believe there are currently also 3 different versions in the House as well...and bear in mind Nancy Pelosi said NO bill will get passed without a public option....the attached bill doesn't include that...

Also, Obama made it clear that he will simply sign into law whatever healthcare reform bill makes it to his desk without even reading it. That's special, ain't it?

KeiselPower99
10-20-2009, 09:15 AM
1500 pages of pure bs. I went to the dr last week and he told me straight up that health care reform was bad in the way they are doing it and its gonna be rationed.

Texasteel
10-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Just spent 20 minuets lightly scanning through the thing. Will try again later. I'll bet the President doesn't even know what all is in it.

X-Terminator
10-20-2009, 10:25 AM
1500 pages of pure bs. I went to the dr last week and he told me straight up that health care reform was bad in the way they are doing it and its gonna be rationed.

My doctor told me the same thing when I saw him 3 months ago. And I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to sit idly by and allow my Mother's care be rationed by bureaucrats looking to save money, simply because she has so many health issues. I will not support any bill that even hints at it. And this public option thing is pure BS, because it is not and will not be an option. The government wants total control of your health care, and that's the bottom line. Why ANYONE would support that is beyond my comprehension.

KeiselPower99
10-20-2009, 11:47 AM
My doctor told me the same thing when I saw him 3 months ago. And I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to sit idly by and allow my Mother's care be rationed by bureaucrats looking to save money, simply because she has so many health issues. I will not support any bill that even hints at it. And this public option thing is pure BS, because it is not and will not be an option. The government wants total control of your health care, and that's the bottom line. Why ANYONE would support that is beyond my comprehension.

Im with ya 1000% on that one. My Mom has alot of issues and she is having trouble getting decent doctors now.Cant imagine what itll be like when this passes. In a study I read today, 2 of every 3 people under the age of 30 support health care reform. 2 of 3 over the age of 60 are against it.

Godfather
10-20-2009, 02:25 PM
2 of every 3 people under the age of 30 support health care reform.

I don't see how anyone under 30 could support these bills if they're even remotely informed. That's the group that's going to get screwed the hardest. And the benefits of their "sacrifice" will go to CEOs, not the common good.

The worst thing is we already had a trial run for the Baucus plan--Masscare, which was a disaster.

RunWillieRun
10-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm in the under-30 crowd and I don't see any way that I will be able to support any of the bills currently being debated.

I am happy with my current insurance and doctor choices.

xfl2001fan
10-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't see how anyone under 30 could support these bills if they're even remotely informed. That's the group that's going to get screwed the hardest. And the benefits of their "sacrifice" will go to CEOs, not the common good.

The worst thing is we already had a trial run for the Baucus plan--Masscare, which was a disaster.

That's a big "If" my friend...and the biggest problem facing our country today (and tomorrow). It's far too easy for these kids to sit in front of a TV and have Colbert tell them what they should be seeing/thinking...or to turn on CNN and let them tell you what to think. You're dealing with a different animal now...the current generation was raised on videogames and "pansies" for parents.

MACH1
10-20-2009, 05:29 PM
If your a business owner your screwed twice if this thing pass's.