PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers will beat Minnesota and improve to 5-2 going into the bye week if (poll)

Steelboy84
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Coming into this game vs. the Vikings with a record of 4-2, I believe this game will be the ONE that will really test us and tell us exactly where we are as a team. Going up against a 6-0 team in the Vikings that is full of stars: Favre, Peterson, Harvin, Allen, this will be the ultimate matchup against a team that some have picked to go to Tampa in February.

That being said, what will prove to be the most important factor in a Steelers win on Sunday?

fansince'76
10-20-2009, 02:25 PM
No turnovers, and a FULL 60 minutes of play on both sides of the ball. We'd be 6-0 right now as well if we didn't take our foot off the windpipes of the Bears and Bengals.

Nadroj 20
10-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I am really excited about this game, and I think the Steelers can get the job done. IMO the factor is Ben. He needs to continue doing what he is doing and everything else will follow. If the passing game continues to click, the run game will get better. The D will be important of course too because this will be the best offense we have faced all year. But like i said it comes back to Ben doing what he needs to get us a W....and i think he can and will.

I think if we beat the Vikings we can make a strong case for being 1 of the top 3 teams in the NFL. With a big win against the Vikes maybe the Steelers will be noticed a little more.

Steelboy84
10-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I am really excited about this game, and I think the Steelers can get the job done. IMO the factor is Ben. He needs to continue doing what he is doing and everything else will follow. If the passing game continues to click, the run game will get better. The D will be important of course too because this will be the best offense we have faced all year. But like i said it comes back to Ben doing what he needs to get us a W....and i think he can and will.

I think if we beat the Vikings we can make a strong case for being 1 of the top 3 teams in the NFL. With a big win against the Vikes maybe the Steelers will be noticed a little more.

Oh don't worry, we don't need to be recognized.

Pittsburgh plays much much better when they're under the radar.

:tt03: :tt02: :tt04:

AllD
10-20-2009, 02:40 PM
The Steelers will have to play their best game since the Super Bowl to win this one. This will not be easy, but the Vikes look like they are ready to stumble.

Steelboy84
10-20-2009, 02:42 PM
The Steelers will have to play their best game since the Super Bowl to win this one. This will not be easy, but the Vikes look like they are ready to stumble.

Some say they're for real. Others say they're just lucky. I think they're some where in the middle.

But one thing for sure, we shall find out on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

SteelC7
10-20-2009, 02:43 PM
0 turnovers, protect ben and shut down the ground game, favre cant beat our defense on his own

revefsreleets
10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Execution along the lines and zero turnovers...

Steelboy84
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
0 turnovers, protect ben and shut down the ground game, favre cant beat our defense on his own

I think we'll shut down Peterson. We have one of the best, if not THE best run defense in the league.

But about Farve: if we don't cover assignments correctly, yes, he can beat us by himself. He may be 40, but he's still Farve. I look for a lot of deep passes once we stop that running game.

klick81
10-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Green Bay did a pretty good job of stopping Peterson, but had absolutely NO pressure on Farva. Look what that got them.

Pressure Farva, and he'll make mistakes.

Steelboy84
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I say we stop Peterson early. The D will be pumped for stopping him. We may not have an offensive explosion, but we'll score when we need to. I believe this game comes down to Favre vs. our DBs and how much pressure we can get on Favre.

Steelboy84
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Green Bay did a pretty good job of stopping Peterson, but had absolutely NO pressure on Farva. Look what that got them.

Pressure Farva, and he'll make mistakes.

Bingo. You beat me to it.

:tt03: :thumbsup: :applaudit: :hatsoff: :tt: :tt04:

Steel_Bus_24
10-20-2009, 03:33 PM
we pretty much got to play better in every area of our game and finish strong...the type of play we've seen thus far won''t cut it against the elite of the nfl

but this game will get some hype, so Im hoping the Steelers will have an extra level of fire

stlrtruck
10-20-2009, 03:33 PM
As much as Vikes fans probably want Peterson to run more, it's apparent (at least to me) that the Vikes are more about passing. The only way to stop the passing is to hit the passer (obviously not too hard and make sure to cradle him to the ground), and cover WRs like white on rice.

Peterson could be a factor but I see him as more of a out of backfield guy this week. Timmons will probably be busy in coverage this week.

steelreserve
10-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Vikings were the only defense that gave up fewer yards rushing than we did last year. We're going to have a tough time running the ball regardless, so the passing game becomes the key to the whole thing.

SteelGhost
10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
No turnovers, and a FULL 60 minutes of play on both sides of the ball. We'd be 6-0 right now as well if we didn't take our foot off the windpipes of the Bears and Bengals.

Absolutely :applaudit:

Vincent
10-20-2009, 06:01 PM
All of the above.

PalmerSteel
10-20-2009, 06:47 PM
all the above, but name of the game is pressure and the secondary able to hang tight until the pressure arrives

HometownGal
10-20-2009, 07:38 PM

:drink::tt03:

AND - give the drama king a run for his money via pressuring the living hell out of him and knocking him on his azz starting with the Vikes first drive. :tt02:

cubanstogie
10-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Vikings were the only defense that gave up fewer yards rushing than we did last year. We're going to have a tough time running the ball regardless, so the passing game becomes the key to the whole thing.

I think we will come out throwing. Vikes giving up 250 yds passing a game. Seems like a lot considering they had Browns, Lions and 9ers. They have also scored no less than 27 a game and have a ton of weapons. No turnovers and no big special team returns and we should win. 37-31.

slippy
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
yeah, believe it or not, this one will be an old fashioned AFL shootout (without afl teams).

both squads spend the first half getting to know each other and then the scoring commences.

i see ben spanking that poor vikes' secondary.

steelers win, final score in the thirties.

BlackAndGold4Ever
10-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Gonna need to stop the running from Peterson, passing from Farve, and the rush from Allen. Easier said than done but I have faith that it will be

xvdougl
10-20-2009, 09:30 PM
We're 5th in offense and 3rd in Defense! The turnovers are driving me nuts! Rashard will never get past his fumble problem if he keeps holding the ball like a loaf of bread in traffic.

We can beat the Vikes by 10 points if we win the turnover battle and play well on special teams!

The Duke
10-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Peterson could be a factor but I see him as more of a out of backfield guy this week. Timmons will probably be busy in coverage this week.

that's good, cause peterson has never been much of an out of the backfield player

as long as favre's on his ass ( won't be easy with that oline) the steelers should win

scsteeler
10-20-2009, 10:05 PM
If the Steelers execute like they should and not make bonehead mistakes I see us winning this game. Ben just needs to keep on doing what he has been doing and secondary play a little better than they have been and we should be fine.

SteelerEmpire
10-20-2009, 10:16 PM
The answer: We are the Champions.... we have to play like ones..... Cut and Dry....

Psyychoward86
10-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Peterson is waaay scarier than Favre

Steelers & I
10-21-2009, 03:43 AM
The Steeelrs should just continue to play as they have been the past few weeks, that's all. I'm not in awe of the Vikings. After Sunday the NFL, as well as a few Steelers fans, will learn to be in awe of the Steelers rather than the damn Vikings. WE'RE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS, NOBODY ELSE! :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

Galax Steeler
10-21-2009, 04:43 AM
I think we need to stop Peterson. If we can shut him down and get pressure on Farve then we should be able to win the game.

eafratitpm3
10-21-2009, 07:50 AM
I think the screen game will be huge for both teams in this game. The team that executes better will win. Steelers 35-27

Christian Snyder
10-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Stopping Peterson is a very important factor.... IMO.

:tt04::tt02::tt:

Twizted
10-21-2009, 09:48 AM
I was actually torn between stopping Favre and stopping Peterson. I ended up going with stopping Peterson though, I think if we can do that and make them 1 dimensional we'll be alright. That'll mean our DBs have to step up and play big though. I think first and foremost though, you've got to stop AP.

steelballs
10-21-2009, 10:17 AM
...they play well in ALL 3 fascets of the game...Offense, defense AND special teams.
Ball security is also paramount.

Steelboy84
10-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I think the screen game will be huge for both teams in this game. The team that executes better will win. Steelers 35-27

Especially us, because it can be used to slow down Jared Allen.

Steely McSmash
10-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Ben's play/WR core (they may have to win this one)

I picked this because the running game is going to vanish in this game unless the vikings decide to allow some rush to contain the pass attack. After playing Detroit and Cleveland, it's time to come back to earth.

Jared Allen vs Max Starks means that Ben has to hit checkdowns and receivers on hot routes.

Cheppy
10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Is Bouchette's video on Tomlin's press conference only available on PG+ now?

Fire Haley
10-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Is Bouchette's video on Tomlin's press conference only available on PG+ now?

Who gives a crap about Bouchette?

all of Tomlin's press conferences are on the official site page

http://www.steelers.com/news/pressconference/

Cheppy
10-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Who gives a crap about Bouchette?

I'll take that as an "I don't know."

Indo
10-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I said it before; I'll say it again:

He who wins the turnover battle will win this game

Ya can't keep handin' the ball back to Faaaav-ra and expect to win

Fire Haley
10-21-2009, 01:42 PM
5 WIDE!!!

Open up with the shotgun, no-huddle. Let Holmes and Wallace rip the guts outta their depleted secondary.

We'll be OK as long as Ben doesn't get the swolled head from having 8-9 seconds to throw the ball from the last two scrub teams we played.
Sack-fumbles, turnovers from holding on to the ball too long will kill us.

And forget about slamming runs up the gut against their defensive line.

Quick slants, bubble screens and run to the corners - burn them with speed to the outside, and for once let Miller take over a game - keep throwing to him till they stop it - Vikes are horrible covering TE's.

sixstringlass
10-22-2009, 04:55 AM
No turnovers (especially for TDs) and no dropped passes. A couple of INTs our way will help, too. (Go Troy!)

Steelboy84
10-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Stopping Peterson and Farve seems to be the main agreements of emphasis.

markymarc
10-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I would have to go with being able to protect Ben (OL) and most importantly not allowing Peterson to have a big game.

Steeldude
10-23-2009, 02:16 PM
and a FULL 60 minutes of play on both sides of the ball.

exactly

which hasn't been happening this year.