PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait till sunday

VikesMissTomlin
10-20-2009, 03:05 PM
My Vikes are coming to town! I've lurking the board for a while but haven't posted. Anyway I'm excited to finally see the purple live this weekend. I know you guys have a great team and this is what the Vikings need to test themselves. I hope to see a knockdown drag out fight with some old school football.

Good luck to you guys!

BlastFurnace
10-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Same to you. It's going to be a great game. When the schedule came out, I was thinking that we would just need to stop AP because I knew Tavarius couldn't beat us. Getting Favre was a great move by the Vikes. It completely changed your team.

I'm a fan from the 70's. This game brings back memories.

Steelboy84
10-20-2009, 03:09 PM
It always seems that Sunday will never get here.

Once Thursdays come, I'm all okay.

fansince'76
10-20-2009, 03:10 PM
To a great game with no injuries! :drink:

And likewise, this is the biggest test of the season for us as well.

VikesMissTomlin
10-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Just don't hurt AP we need him for the Pack. I was feeling pretty confident that the vikes could take the Steelers, but with Polamalu back all bets are off. I will beat that both coaches are going pound the ball about 40 times this game just to prove which team is more dominant.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-20-2009, 03:42 PM
VMT,

Welcome to the board...I am sure everyone feels a high level of exitement for this game!!!:drink:

SteelC7
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
cant wait for the game, its gonna be great, should be pretty high scoring i think, lets just hope nobody gets hurt, we may meet again in the super bowl!!!

steelpride12
10-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Time for a huge test both ways and may the best team win!
No injuries a must too!

Dino 6 Rings
10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the board.

Dino 6 Rings
10-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Brett Favre is 2-2 vs the Steelers lifetime.

The Steelers vs Minnesota series is currently at 6 wins for the Steelers 8 wins for the Vikings.

Just throwing it out there.

HometownGal
10-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Thank you. Here's to an injury free game. :drink:

(And a Steelers victory!) :banana: :wink:

pancake
10-21-2009, 05:26 AM
First Steeler game I ever attended was in 92. A 6-3 loss to the Vikes. Bubby was the QB and Barry foster was the RB. I loved the Steelers before that, but it just seemed to go to another level cheering for the black & Gold in person. I still own the terrible towel I bought that day and it is still the only one I have with me on game days. :tt02:

Twizted
10-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Here's to a great game Sunday!:drink:

I can't wait for Sunday, this is another game I'll actually get to see! It's going to be a knockdown dragout game I believe. I'm looking forward to seeing our D vs. the O for your Vikes. Something's gotta give. :tt04:

stlrtruck
10-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Enjoy your time in Da 'Burgh, check out dahn-tahn on Saturday, and enjoy everything about the game except the outcome!

X-Terminator
10-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Enjoy your time in Da 'Burgh, check out dahn-tahn on Saturday, and enjoy everything about the game except the outcome!

If he likes jersey barriers, orange barrels, closed roads and big ass holes in the ground, then yeah, check out dahn tahn. Otherwise, I suggest he avoid it at all costs!

Kvnfaber
10-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Just don't hurt AP we need him for the Pack. I was feeling pretty confident that the vikes could take the Steelers, but with Polamalu back all bets are off. I will beat that both coaches are going pound the ball about 40 times this game just to prove which team is more dominant.

The way things have been for us this season, I see us throwing it 40 times this weekend, especially against the Minny Run Defense.

hindes204
10-21-2009, 05:48 PM
My Vikes are coming to town! I've lurking the board for a while but haven't posted. Anyway I'm excited to finally see the purple live this weekend. I know you guys have a great team and this is what the Vikings need to test themselves. I hope to see a knockdown drag out fight with some old school football.

Good luck to you guys!

Classy post.....welcome to the board. Hoping for a tough, hard-nosed, injury free, exciting game.....its gonna be a good one :drink:

sharkweek
10-21-2009, 06:22 PM
The way things have been for us this season, I see us throwing it 40 times this weekend, especially against the Minny Run Defense.

their run D has dropped off considerably from what they've established the past few years

that being said I think we'll still find most of our success through the air, not because we're going to focus on it to avoid a strong Vikings run D, but to exploit a weak Vikings pass D.

steel striker
10-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Good luck to your team as well it should be a great game. It's a five star match up because were in it! lol All kidding aside should be a great game and, I just hope our guys pull this one out.

steelballs
10-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Same to you. It's going to be a great game. When the schedule came out, I was thinking that we would just need to stop AP because I knew Tavarius couldn't beat us. Getting Favre was a great move by the Vikes. It completely changed your team.

I'm a fan from the 70's. This game brings back memories.

A fan from a way gone era as well...section 112 will be rockin'.

stlrtruck
10-22-2009, 10:42 AM
If he likes jersey barriers, orange barrels, closed roads and big ass holes in the ground, then yeah, check out dahn tahn. Otherwise, I suggest he avoid it at all costs!

Maybe the strip district? Or is the entire area all messed up? I haven't been there since end of August and I spent all day in the Science Center.

markymarc
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
It will definitely be a great game on Sunday! And here's to the Steelers giving the Vikings their first loss of the season :tt02:

Steelboy84
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Can't wait? lol

Sunday seems like it will NEVER get here!!!!!!!!!!!

X-Terminator
10-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Maybe the strip district? Or is the entire area all messed up? I haven't been there since end of August and I spent all day in the Science Center.

Basically everything around Point State Park and Market Square is either closed off completely or has limited access due to construction (mainly the North Shore Connector subway project). So as you can imagine, it's a mess around there. Nothing going on around the Strip, so going there would be A-OK.