PDA

View Full Version : Confucius say "Picture worth thousand word."

Vincent
10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIHz5tevLAw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIHz5tevLAw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tony hipchest
10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
confucious also say "the bengals suck".

Hammer Of The GODS
10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
No shock there. As a Marine my tour took me through two presidencies, one republican and one democrat. While Slick Willy was in office the country wasn't at war and the internet had the economy booming.

During the Bush administration the US military was sent to war.

VERY stark comparisons indeed.

Every single Marine I knew hated the Clintons (I use plural because we HATED his bitch of a wife too) because they had NO RESPECT for the US military and always showed contempt for us.

On the other hand, Bush had our respect and loyalty because he actually gave a shit about soldiers. So despite being sent to war we still had great respect for the man.

There is almost no love for recent democratic presidents in the Marines, the same probobly holds true for the rest of the branches. Their far left agenda is a direct contrast of the mindset of a soldier (at least for me and every Marine I knew).

I'm not on either side of the fence, but by observation, the republicans seem to have respect for the military while the democrats hold mostly contempt.

If I was still in, and obama came into the room....... I do my best to fart as loud as I could to show him how much he means to me!

revefsreleets
10-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Obama has gone to visit injured troops? I could only find one recorded incident of this actually occurring, and this INCLUDES while he was campaigning (there was also a highly publicized occasion when he SNUBBED the troops). I believe this was basically a monthly ritual for W...

I also found this:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/22/bush-cheney-comforted-troops-privately/print/

"People say, 'Why would you do that?'" the president said in an Oval Office interview with The Washington Times on Friday. "And the answer is: This is my duty. The president is commander in chief, but the president is often comforter in chief, as well. It is my duty to be - to try to comfort as best as I humanly can a loved one who is in anguish."

Mr. Bush, for instance, has sent personal letters to the families of every one of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in the two wars, an enormous personal effort that consumed hours of his time and escaped public notice. The task, along with meeting family members of troops killed in action, has been so wrenching - balancing the anger, grief and pride of families coping with the loss symbolized by a flag-draped coffin - that the president often leaned on his wife, Laura, for emotional support.

Mr. Bush also has met privately with more than 500 families of troops killed in action and with more than 950 wounded veterans, according to White House spokesman Carlton Carroll. Many of those meetings were outside the presence of the news media at the White House or at private sessions during official travel stops, officials said.

fansince'76
10-21-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm not on either side of the fence, but by observation, the republicans seem to have respect for the military while the democrats hold mostly contempt.

That's because the concept of the military as a whole flies in the face of the pie-in-the-sky, let's-all-gather-together-in-a-circle-and-sing-Kumbaya, peace at any cost, utopian fairyland worldview that more than a few of them seem to hold.

MACH1
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Obama has gone to visit injured troops?

He still trying to figure out how to vote present on that one.

beSteelmyheart
10-21-2009, 07:23 PM
In the opinion of an impartial viewer, it seems like the first situation seems alot less formal than the 2nd...Just judging by the overall look of the way things were set up, the clothing of each Pres. & so on. And who knows what instructions were given to the service guys as to how to act.
I'm not buying into it, I smell propoganda.

tony hipchest
10-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Obama has gone to visit injured troops? I could only find one recorded incident of this actually occurring, and this INCLUDES while he was campaigning (there was also a highly publicized occasion when he SNUBBED the troops). I believe this was basically a monthly ritual for W...

I also found this:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/22/bush-cheney-comforted-troops-privately/print/

"People say, 'Why would you do that?'" the president said in an Oval Office interview with The Washington Times on Friday. "And the answer is: This is my duty. The president is commander in chief, but the president is often comforter in chief, as well. It is my duty to be - to try to comfort as best as I humanly can a loved one who is in anguish."

Mr. Bush, for instance, has sent personal letters to the families of every one of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in the two wars, an enormous personal effort that consumed hours of his time and escaped public notice. The task, along with meeting family members of troops killed in action, has been so wrenching - balancing the anger, grief and pride of families coping with the loss symbolized by a flag-draped coffin - that the president often leaned on his wife, Laura, for emotional support.

Mr. Bush also has met privately with more than 500 families of troops killed in action and with more than 950 wounded veterans, according to White House spokesman Carlton Carroll. Many of those meetings were outside the presence of the news media at the White House or at private sessions during official travel stops, officials said.

"bu...bu..bu...BWAHAHAHAHAHA...bush..." :coffee:

are you saying bush was a self serving media wh0re? you really are, arent you? just admit it....

here you go- :binky:

In the opinion of an impartial viewer, it seems like the first situation seems alot less formal than the 2nd...Just judging by the overall look of the way things were set up, the clothing of each Pres. & so on. And who knows what instructions were given to the service guys as to how to act.

:thumbsup:

Preacher
10-22-2009, 01:09 AM
"bu...bu..bu...BWAHAHAHAHAHA...bush..." :coffee:

are you saying bush was a self serving media wh0re? you really are, arent you? just admit it....

here you go- :binky:

:thumbsup:

:coffee:

revefsreleets
10-30-2009, 12:31 PM
This is interesting in light of the recent HIGHLY politicized White House generated media frenzy over Obama paying "respects" to fallen soldiers just as he's about to issue his decision on sending more troops to Afghanistan.

I'd say it's, relatively speaking, much easier to pay respects to fallen soldiers than to confront injured ones and actually have to look into their eyes. This also gives Obama an "out"...he was always too doveish to be the US CIC, and, in light of this recent publicity stunt, I'd say there's almost no chance he'll give McCrystal what he wants in Afghanistan, which is ironic in light of his comments back in March about Afghanistan being the "right war" and him listening to his generals advice.

Also, in response to the childish sophomoric remarks above, MOST of Bush's visits to soldiers were private, and nothing was released about him sending letters to each and every injured soldier until AFTER he was out of the White House.

You need to grow up, Tony....it's one thing to repeatedly embarrass yourself opining about things you don't have any knowledge or understanding of, but it's another thing entirely to impugn what Bush did simply because you're mad at me calling bullshit on you...

GBMelBlount
10-30-2009, 12:38 PM

I respect your opinion Steel, but agree with the general point of this thread.

HammerofGods

If I was still in, and obama came into the room....... I do my best to fart as loud as I could to show him how much he means to me!

Though I am well known as a tactful, impartial and unbiased person, I too would attempt to fart in his general direction. :thumbsup:

Vincent
10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Though I am well known as a tactful, impartial and unbiased person, I too would attempt to fart in his general direction. :thumbsup:

To fully appreciate the sentiment GB is expressing here, it needs to be seen in its original context...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWBUl7oT9sA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWBUl7oT9sA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And for a broader context... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

Posted as a public service

Vincent
10-31-2009, 11:44 AM
VERY stark comparisons indeed.

On the other hand, Bush had our respect and loyalty because he actually gave a shit about soldiers. So despite being sent to war we still had great respect for the man.

I'm not on either side of the fence, but by observation, the republicans seem to have respect for the military while the democrats hold mostly contempt..

Another stark comparison is in how the presidents deal with military casualties. Bush was known for quietly meeting with thousands of families of the fallen, and the wounded. No cameras. No press. That is tradition.

bho not only doesn't, but avoids contact altogether. Then he shows up at Dover in the middle of the night with the White House press corps and seeks photos with families receiving their fallen loved ones. All but one family refused him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UzrLwUrwDAk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UzrLwUrwDAk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lynn Cheney comments at 1:35 in this clip.

liberal politicians trying to appear patriotic always remind me of hollywood trying to depict religious people in movies. Its so damn awkward to even watch.

NJarhead
10-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Excellent, but like Hammer, I am not surprised at all.
Thanks for sharing Vincent; I've posted the video on my FB page as well.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-31-2009, 01:50 PM
I made a promise a long time ago that I would show respect to our President, regardless of who was in office, and regrdless of their political bent.

So....I am checking each of my words carefully, because this situation hits home in a very personal way.

I have read and researched this incident, reading accounts from several sources on both sides of the fence, and I am angered and indignant , almost beyond my ability to share my thoughts.

If I ever....EVER...lose a loved one, and a media source or politician decides that my grief may help them sell papers or win ratings, and with that decision they send someone to stick a camera in my face.....there is going to be a serious...serious....problem.

JUST A COMMON SOLDIER
(A Soldier Died Today)
by A. Lawrence Vaincourt

He was getting old and paunchy and his hair was falling fast,
And he sat around the Legion, telling stories of the past.
Of a war that he had fought in and the deeds that he had done,
In his exploits with his buddies; they were heroes, every one.

And tho' sometimes, to his neighbors, his tales became a joke,
All his Legion buddies listened, for they knew whereof he spoke.
But we'll hear his tales no longer for old Bill has passed away,
And the world's a little poorer, for a soldier died today.

He will not be mourned by many, just his children and his wife,
For he lived an ordinary and quite uneventful life.
Held a job and raised a family, quietly going his own way,
And the world won't note his passing, though a soldier died today.

When politicians leave this earth, their bodies lie in state,
While thousands note their passing and proclaim that they were great.
Papers tell their whole life stories, from the time that they were young,
But the passing of a soldier goes unnoticed and unsung.

Is the greatest contribution to the welfare of our land
A guy who breaks his promises and cons his fellow man?
Or the ordinary fellow who, in times of war and strife,
Goes off to serve his Country and offers up his life?

A politician's stipend and the style in which he lives
Are sometimes disproportionate to the service that he gives.
While the ordinary soldier, who offered up his all,
Is paid off with a medal and perhaps, a pension small.

It's so easy to forget them for it was so long ago,
That the old Bills of our Country went to battle, but we know
It was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys,
Who won for us the freedom that our Country now enjoys.

Should you find yourself in danger, with your enemies at hand,
Would you want a politician with his ever-shifting stand?
Or would you prefer a soldier, who has sworn to defend
His home, his kin and Country and would fight until the end?

He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin,
But his presence should remind us we may need his like again.
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.

If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.
Perhaps just a simple headline in a paper that would say,
Our Country is in mourning, for a soldier died today.

revefsreleets
10-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Actually, what Obama used this incident for was even worse. Not only did he use this publicity for his own gain, he's also going to slingshot this into an excuse to back down or out of Afghanistan...so he'll soil these soldiers sacrifices TWICE over this incident before he's done.

This is putrid politics at it's very worst...it's disgusting.