View Full Version : Tomlin pleased with Polamalu's return following knee injury

mesaSteeler
10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Tomlin pleased with Polamalu's return following knee injury
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_649018.html#
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he is pleased with how Troy Polamalu's left knee responded following the strong safety's first game since Sept. 10. Polamalu gave Steelers fans a scare last Sunday when he came up limping after making a first-quarter interception against the Browns. Tomlin said it had nothing to do Polamalu's original injury. "He banged his knee on the ground so really it was something separate from the injury he sustained weeks ago and that created the situation where he hobbled a little bit the rest of the day," Tomlin said Tuesday. "His presence is significant and we're glad to have him back out there." Tomlin said the Steelers may limit Polamalu in practice this week but the five-time Pro Bowler is expected to play Sunday against the visiting Minnesota Vikings.

Running back Rashard Mendenhall (bruised knee) and outside linebacker Andre Frazier (thigh contusion) may be limited in practice this week, Tomlin said. Both will play Sunday barring any setbacks. Frazier didn't play last Sunday against the Browns because of his injury. Tomlin said the Steelers are in relatively good shape from a health standpoint. "We're going to need all the able bodies that we can get to prepare for and play this football game."

After reviewing film of the Steelers' 27-14 win over the Browns, Tomlin said the play of the defensive ends who replaced the injured Aaron Smith was "above the line." Travis Kirschke started in place of Smith, who is out for the season because of a torn rotator cuff, at left defensive end. Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood also got some snaps at the position.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Galax Steeler
10-21-2009, 03:53 AM
I want to see more of Hood. I Know he won't take that spot this year but I want to see what he can do with more snaps then what he has been a getting.

stillers4me
10-21-2009, 05:06 AM
Needless to say, the line will get a bit more of a challenge this week.