PDA

View Full Version : Parker Ok With New Role

SteelC7
10-22-2009, 04:10 AM
Parker "Cool" With Tomlin's Decision

October 21st, 2009 Willie Parker has accepted his new role as the Steelers’ second-string running back.

But the two-time Pro Bowler also said not to count him out even though Rashard Mendenhall, the Steelers’ first-round draft pick in 2008, has supplanted Parker atop the depth chart.

“I’m not myself right now,” said Parker, who is still battling a case of turf toe on his left foot. “Right now, I need to get back to myself. No excuses. I’m going to go out and keep working.”

Parker may not get a whole lot of work in the foreseeable future. Mendenhall received the bulk of the carries in the Steelers’ 27-14 win against the Browns last Sunday, and he has rushed for 304 yards and four touchdowns in the last three games.

At his weekly news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Mendenhall will get continue to get the majority of the carries — at least for now — because he has the “hot hand.”

“I’m cool with it,” Parker said of Tomlin’s decision. “He thinks that’s the best thing for our offense right now and pretty much I’ve got to prove him wrong.”

When asked if that is his plan, Parker said, “If I say no, I’m not a competitor. I’m not in the right sport or profession so most definitely.”

classy steeler type guy

Fire Haley
10-22-2009, 08:11 AM
He should be lucky he's not chained to the doghouse.

fansince'76
10-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Sorry, already posted: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=40237