PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson Joins Antoine Winfield On Vikings' Injured List

mesaSteeler
10-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Adrian Peterson Joins Antoine Winfield On Vikings' Injured List
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/21/adrian-peterson-joins-antoine-winfield-on-injured-list/#cont
Posted Oct 21, 2009 10:30PM By JJ Cooper (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Steelers, Vikings, NFC North, NFL Injuries

Adrian PetersonWhether you win or lose against the Ravens, they are physical enough that you suffer for a couple of weeks afterward.

The Vikings got the win on Sunday, but they also got the bruises that come with it.

The biggest problem for the Vikings is cornerback Antoine Winfield's foot injury. When Winfield left the game on Sunday the Ravens' pass offense suddenly became a world-beater as backup Karl Paymah quickly proved he's not really ready for a starting job. The Vikings are not ruling out Winfield playing on Sunday, but everyone else is.

Now the news is out that Adrian Peterson was limited in practice on Wednesday with a sprained ankle. Unlike Winfield, it's highly likely that Peterson will play on Sunday, but an ankle sprain is not the news the Vikings want to hear as they get ready to face the Steelers. If Peterson is healthy, he's the perfect weapon to attack a Steelers' run defense that is trying to recover from the loss of defensive end Aaron Smith. But if Peterson is limited in any way, it makes Steelers' coordinator Dick LeBeau's job much easier.

While the Vikings are limping, Pittsburgh (with the exception of Smith) is healthier than it has been in any game since the season opener.

revefsreleets
10-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Kee-rist! Now the excuses are already built in for all Steelers haters everywhere: "Waaaaaaaaah...the Vikings would have won if they had AP and AW!

This is why I hate playing teams when they are at less than 100%. What about our injuries?

jarodthegood
10-22-2009, 10:05 AM
lol he doesnt have an ankle sprain at all, he twisted his ankle and came back in to finish the game the guy is not hurt at all... but after the favre debacle alst year anyone who has a nick has to be on the injury report!

SteelersMongol
10-22-2009, 10:23 AM
It's a trick, I tell ya. :wink02:

Indo
10-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Sounds like AP is gonna play

Even Peterson, who Tomlin called "arguably the best football player in the world," was banged up against the hard-hitting Ravens, though a twisted ankle isn't expected to affect his status against the Steelers.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-at-Steelers-Preview/8fc7de9e-591f-4108-8947-89881d275a05

jarodthegood
10-22-2009, 10:49 AM
yeah that is the first report ive heard call it a sprain! it is a fan blog! He only had a twisted ankle he did limit his practice on wenesday according to other reports but he always does. ap will get 20 handoffs comes sunday

Angus Burgher
10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I saw that Troy and Mendy didn't practice yesterday due to knee injuries.... anyone know if they are okay?

Steelers Since '75
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Don't know about Polamalu but Mendy is just a knee bruise... nothing serious.

kirklandrules
10-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Troy is held out to ensure his knee is recovering from weekend to weekend. Remember, he wasn't 100% prior to the Browns game ... but playing injured is part of the game for All Wold players like TP. I wouldn't be surprised if Troy misses a few more Weds practices, even after the bye.

markymarc
10-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I would be extremely surprised if Peterson doesn't play and if Winfield does play on Sunday. I hope Kirschke, Eason and Hood are up to the task in trying to slow down Peterson.

scsteeler
10-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Kee-rist! Now the excuses are already built in for all Steelers haters everywhere: "Waaaaaaaaah...the Vikings would have won if they had AP and AW!

This is why I hate playing teams when they are at less than 100%. What about our injuries?

No Excuses for the Steelers when we are not healthy. You lose or win with what you have on the field.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Peterson can be stopped as long as you don't over pursue and wrap up when tackling.

He's not really hurt. A twisted ankle and a sprained ankle are two different things.