PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it

Ohio Steeler
10-22-2009, 07:07 AM
As of Dec 7th will be a Student, I got accepted at ITT Technical Institute where I will be taking Computer Network Systems. It is a two year program and if all goes well I will get my Associate of Applied Science Degree when done.

I can not believe I am going back to school at age 33 but we do live in a world that if you want the big bucks you need that degree.

stlrtruck
10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
good luck.

Pittsky
10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Its never too late...congrats on taking the step and good luck!

i'm 26 and just figuring out what i want to do. I start training for Florida Highway Patrol in the next year.

Steelboy84
10-22-2009, 11:38 AM
As of Dec 7th will be a Student, I got accepted at ITT Technical Institute where I will be taking Computer Network Systems. It is a two year program and if all goes well I will get my Associate of Applied Science Degree when done.

I can not believe I am going back to school at age 33 but we do live in a world that if you want the big bucks you need that degree.

33? lol

There was a lady that graduated from down here one time when she was 86 years old.

My cousin graduated with an engineering degree when he was 31. I also have another cousin that graduated when she was about 30 or 31 too.

Over half of college students are over the age 25. I'm 24 pursuing my third degree. You're never too old to go to college. You have people in their 40's and 50's in college! So don't sweat it.

i wish you all the luck in the world! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

SteelersMongol
10-22-2009, 08:15 PM

33 is not old 4 school. Especially in the states. V had an old man who was well over 60, may 70, in our class in Utah.

Galax Steeler
10-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Good Luck.

Preacher
10-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Happens all the time... congrats and enjoy yourself.

BlastFurnace
10-23-2009, 12:29 PM

I would looooove to be 33 again. Congratulations!

SteelCityMom
10-23-2009, 12:38 PM

Best of luck to you. My fiance will be in his last quarter at ITT for the same program in a few weeks. He's enjoyed it so far (except for the Saturday morning classes lol) and really likes a lot of the teachers at the one he goes to.

33 isn't too old to be going back either...he's 30 and was just tired of working factory jobs and fixing his friends computers for free lol.

Shoes
10-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Wonderful....Congrats!

SCSTILLER
10-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Good luck in your classes! I am in the same boat as you, I 34 (Just turned) and I am a freshman at a community college here in Charleston, SC. I am pursuing my education degree. It is hard to start out at first, but once you get in the groove it is easy. I am much better off doing it now than I would have if I was 18-19, I would have drank out of college and I know it. Good luck in your endeavors, and may I toast a fellow 30+ college freshman!

NJarhead
10-23-2009, 05:09 PM

Congratulations! :drink:

If it makes you feel better, I got my AA at 38 and am in the process of obtaining a BA.

HometownGal
10-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Congratulations my friend! :hug: :drink: :applaudit: :hatsoff:

You're still a youngin' and it's great that you are making the most of this opportunity! :applaudit:

I heavily considered going to law school when I was 45 and had it not been for the return of the C and the radiation wreaking havoc on my short term memory, I would have done it.

Much luck to you - you'll do great! :hug: