PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin shows he was the right man all along

truesteelerfan
10-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Here is an article I found today in the St. Paul (MN) Pioneer Press about our beloved Head Coach, who was as everyone knows...a former Viking Coach....They let the best one get away and now he's ours....Just gotta give him that contract extention (IMO)

Good read even if its mostly stuff we Steeler fans already know.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13613520?nclick_check=1

:tt:

SteelersMongol
10-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice article. Thanks 4 sharing.

vasteeler
10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Here is an article I found today in the St. Paul (MN) Pioneer Press about our beloved Head Coach, who was as everyone knows...a former Viking Coach....They let the best one get away and now he's ours....Just gotta give him that contract extention (IMO)
Good read even if its mostly stuff we Steeler fans already know.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13613520?nclick_check=1

:tt:

there is no way we let him get away

Steelboy84
10-23-2009, 11:03 AM
I bet it angers Jeff Fisher to know he's been in the league 15 years, no SB title.

Tomlin gets one in his second year at the helm.

:tt03: :thumbsup: :applaudit: :drink: :tt: :tt04: :tt03:

Raynestorm
10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
I knew Tomlin was the right guy for the job when the Rooney's hired him. I remember reading on Steelers.com the question that got him the job over Whiz and Grimm.

How do you win football games? He was asked.

"Run the ball and stop the run".

:applaudit:

It worked for Noll, it worked for Cowher and it's working for Tomlin. We're having trouble running right now but I expect that wont last long...and we're still shutting down the run.

markymarc
10-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I have loved Mike Tomlin since day one. He has that "it" factor on the coaching level! I know the Rooneys will make sure he gets a very nice payday in the off season. It's amazing that we have another legacy in the making at the HC spot.

scsteeler
10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes a great article and I remember the start of last season there were a lot of Steeler fans that felt Tomlin was not the guy and the Rooney's had finally made the mistake of picking the wrong coach.

Glad the Rooney Family understands what it takes to be a good leader and winner.