PDA

View Full Version : Maddow shreds bho

Vincent
10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
This is a remarkable video. Rachel Maddow takes bho to task for his scathing critique of the previous administration's trampling of civil liberties AND, in the very same speech, his stated intent to create a "legal regime" that will incarcerate individuals indefinitely because of a presumed predisposition to do harm. She is particularly chagrined because bhos constitution shredding remarks were delivered in the presence of the constitution itself.

There is lots to criticize here including the salient fact that terrorists do not have rights of any kind under the Geneva convention, and much less under our constitution. I think bho is talking from that position.

What is ominous here is that the targets of this "legal regime" aren't defined. The viewer presumes bho is focused on terrorists, however the gubmint defines "terrorist". The problem is that the gubmint's current definition of "terrorists" includes "birthers", "right to lifers", veterans, folks that want the borders enforced, Rush, home schoolers, Fox News, town hallers, and anybody that disagrees with bho in any way. Rachel correctly draws the parallel to "Minority Report".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_0DhmBCtJ0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_0DhmBCtJ0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hammer67
10-22-2009, 09:36 PM
This is a remarkable video. Rachel Maddow takes bho to task for his scathing critique of the previous administration's trampling of civil liberties AND, in the very same speech, his stated intent to create a "legal regime" that will incarcerate individuals indefinitely because of a presumed predisposition to do harm. She is particularly chagrined because bhos constitution shredding remarks were delivered in the presence of the constitution itself.

There is lots to criticize here including the salient fact that terrorists do not have rights of any kind under the Geneva convention, and much less under our constitution. I think bho is talking from that position.

What is ominous here is that the targets of this "legal regime" aren't defined. The viewer presumes bho is focused on terrorists, however the gubmint defines "terrorist". The problem is that the gubmint's current definition of "terrorists" includes "birthers", "right to lifers", veterans, folks that want the borders enforced, Rush, home schoolers, Fox News, town hallers, and anybody that disagrees with bho in any way. Rachel correctly draws the parallel to "Minority Report".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_0DhmBCtJ0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_0DhmBCtJ0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The problem here is that liberals rarely have an answer for any issue...and now that there is one in the WH, he was faced with stark realities and has actually ADOPTED BUSH STRATEGIES. It's funny watching them eat their own...

stlrtruck
10-23-2009, 09:43 AM
The one item she failed to mention in her commentary, although I think it's funny she's trying to nail BHO for lying, is that he started off saying PRISONERS OF WAR. In this case, the POWs are terrorists who want to destroy us.

So really I have no problem if he wants to detain terrorists for 50 years. Hold them until the war is over, which unfortunately for a terrorists and the war on terror isn't going to be until they're all dead!

Shellshock
10-23-2009, 11:54 PM
She was hired by her uncle Keith Olberman

JPPT1974
10-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Keith and Rachel should go on CNN rather than MSNBC. CNN used to be known as the "Clinton News Network" at one point.

AllD
10-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Her style mimics that of a more serious John Stewart. Smug, glib, and self-satisfying whenever the moment arises.

MSNBC has no ratings and others like me have no time to watch a woman that looks like a man or a comletely arrogant Olberman.

pensacolasteelers
10-24-2009, 09:28 AM
incredible, she's always sung his praises in the past and now seems very critical.

I personally think this is just a matter of her

1. being too concerned with human rights (in this case the rights of a terrorist)

and

2. maybe not understanding the full importance of something like this and how it may help to prevent another 9/11.

theplatypus
10-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow! Talk about taking shit out of context. Splice of bunch crap together and then create a story, all of the sensationalists should be proud.

GBMelBlount
10-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow! Talk shit Splice bunch crap then story sensationalists proud.

Who's splicing? :chuckle:

theplatypus
10-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Who's splicing? :chuckle:

lmao!!!!

Hines0wnz
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm sure she shocked all 27 of her viewers with this story. :coffee:

St33lersguy
10-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Immelt: Rachel your fired!!!!

I also guess that terrorists trying to kill real americans deserve a trial, a very leniant jail sentence, and to not get arrested until they blow something up and kill U.S. soldiers.

SteelCityMan786
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
She was hired by her uncle Keith Olberman

Nahhh, I heard Olbermann was her daddy. lol.

beSteelmyheart
10-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Immelt: Rachel your fired!!!!

I also guess that terrorists trying to kill real americans deserve a trial, a very leniant jail sentence, and to not get arrested until they blow something up and kill U.S. soldiers.

You mean kind of like our very own child molesters who get a slap on the wrist, a light sentence & probation only to be 'allowed" to continue on with their behavior until a child ends up dead & the national media is in a vengeful furor?

St33lersguy
10-26-2009, 07:18 PM
You mean kind of like our very own child molesters who get a slap on the wrist, a light sentence & probation only to be 'allowed" to continue on with their behavior until a child ends up dead & the national media is in a vengeful furor?

Yeah like that, although kinda off topic