View Full Version : Big Ben, to face off against his idol, Favre

mesaSteeler
10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Big Ben, to face off against his idol, Favre
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_649453.html#
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 23, 2009

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has never met Minnesota Vikings counterpart Brett Favre. Roethisberger didn't make the trip to Green Bay in 2005 when Favre played for the Packers after underging arthroscopic surgery for a torn miniscus in his right knee. The Steelers defeated Green Bay 20-10 that year with Charlie Batch as the starter. "It's going to be fun," Roethlisberger said Thursday. "I grew up watching Brett, kind of idolized him, molding a little bit of my game after him."

Roethlisberger didn't take the bait when asked to compare his game with Favre's. "I'm not going to compare myself to Brett because he is a legend, and I'm just trying to get to his level,'' Roethlisberger said. What part of Favre's game did Roethlisberger emulate? "Just kind of the gunslinger, doing the unothorodox stuff sometimes. You've got to be smart with it sometimes. If you watch Brett, sometimes he throws it up, and you wonder what he's doing. Probably the same thing coach (Mike Tomlin) says about me. You live by the sword, you die by it. He makes enough plays that you don't question him.''

WR Hines Ward and DE Travis Kirschke returned to practice yesterday. S Troy Polamalu (knee) missed practice for the second consecutive day, but he said he expects to return to practice today.

CB Antoine Winfield (foot), the Vikings' best cover corner, missed his second consecutive day of practice.

Digits

2 -- Number of consecutive wins for the Steelers against Minnesota.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

tony hipchest
10-22-2009, 11:38 PM
ben wears #7, not #4.

some writers are just desperate for shit to put in print. :yawn:

stillers4me
10-23-2009, 05:23 AM
"I grew up watching Brett."

:chuckle:

I think even I grew up watching Brett.

snap........

HometownGal
10-23-2009, 07:06 AM

I think even I grew up watching Brett.

snap........

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Me thinks I did too. :chuckle:

While it is ludicrous to even compare Ben to Favre at this point in his career, Ben has the raw talent, leadership and grit to surpass the drama king's numbers one day down the road IF he can stay healthy. I would love nothing more than to have one of these moronic writers 10-15 years from now asking a young gun-slinging QB to compare his career to that of Big Ben. :banana:

The_WARDen
10-23-2009, 08:07 AM
well if he does model his game after Brett's game, it would explain some of the boneheaded picks he throws.

TackleMeBen
10-23-2009, 08:17 AM
well if he does model his game after Brett's game, it would explain some of the boneheaded picks he throws.

oh that is so wrong ...probably true, but wrong..:rofl:

AllD
10-23-2009, 08:22 AM
BB is an Elway fan way more than Favre.

KeiselPower99
10-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Honestly cant wait for this game. 2 gunslingers going at it.

TackleMeBen
10-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Honestly cant wait for this game. 2 gunslingers going at it.
so it is basically going to come down to which one of the doesnt make the bonehead mistake:wink02:

Jmat
10-23-2009, 09:02 AM
His idol Favre? Since when?

mulldog24
10-23-2009, 09:28 AM
ben wears #7, not #4.

some writers are just desperate for shit to put in print. :yawn:

Exactly!!!........:drink: