PDA

View Full Version : Troy returns to practice.

Fire Haley
10-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Calm down children, all is well.

Polamalu resumes practice with Steelers

Friday, October 23, 2009
By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu returned to Steelers practice today after missing the previous two days while resting and recovering from an MCL sprain that caused him to miss four games before he started last Sunday against Cleveland.

Friday practice is a sure sign of a player's ability to play, if not start, on Sunday -- when the Steelers play host to 6-0 Minnesota at Heinz Field.

As expected, Polamalu worked with the first-team defense

Steelboy84
10-23-2009, 11:45 AM
He'll be good to go. Yes!

Thanks for the post!!!!!!!!!!

jarodthegood
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
i heard he is jsut standing out there??????

BlastFurnace
10-23-2009, 11:51 AM

I heard he farted while covering Heath Miller

Steelboy84
10-23-2009, 11:53 AM
I heard he farted while covering Heath Miller

lol

billybob
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM

I heard you do not know what the hell you are talking about .:mad:

Shoes
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM

.......... flicking boogers at Ben's passes

Fire Haley
10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
speaking of injuries

Winfield remains out of practice

Last update: October 23, 2009 - 11:49 AM

Vikings Pro Bowl cornerback Antoine Winfield is not practicing for a third consecutive day because of a sprained right foot and isn't expected to play Sunday against Pittsburgh at Heinz Field.

The Vikings will issue their injury report later today and my guess is that Winfield will be listed as doubtful but considering he was still wearing a walking boot on Thursday the odds of him playing would appear to be almost nill.

During the brief portion of practice the media was allowed to watch, the Vikings worked on their nickel defense with Karl Paymah at left corner and Benny Sapp playing in the slot, as he usually does. It will be interesting to see what the Vikings do on Sunday. It wouldn't be surprising to see the Vikings use Sapp at the left corner and then have him move inside and Paymah play the outside in passing situations.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/65794452.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

markymarc
10-23-2009, 01:07 PM
It's smart on Tomlin's part to let Troy rest as much as possible during the work week. Good to see he was out there on Friday. The bye week will be nice for Troy too!

Fire Haley
10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
From the Trib

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu returned to practice today and declared himself ready for Sunday's 1 p.m. game against the Minnesota Vikings at Heinz Field.

"I feel better, actually (than last week)," Polamalu said.