PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Vikings Game Day Thread - 10/25/09

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Polamalu Princess
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Play nice boys - our team just won.

cubanstogie
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
:upyours: you dude, Im just defending the Defense. When your on the field for 40 some damn minutes you gonna get tried and start to slip. Yet they continue to step up and make plays, offense going 3 and out is just making the D's job harder and you know it.

Team game bittch, sometimes offense plays better sometimes Defense. Fact of life, quit placing blame you don't see the D calling the O out or vice versa do ya. You certainly don't have that right.

7SteelGal43
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
After listening to the announcers (especially Siragusa) on the nutsack of Favre and the Vikes all day, all I can say is..........................HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !! :tt03:

HELL to the YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!

Right before Favre got sacked to end the game, did I hear an announcer say "after going 6 and 0, everybody was looking forward to this game to see how the Vikings would do. I think they have to be impressed". I think he forgot three words............"WITH THE STEELERS".

Sorry, but I don't think I've ever witnessed a knob slobberin' bunch of [explitive deleted] d'bags in my life....and I've witnessed Madden as the color commentator during a Favre game :toofunny:.

What a way for this one to end. Brett picked off and Fox running uncontested for six, and then a sack of Favre with time running out. WHAT A GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-Terminator
Screw you

GO STEELERS

Why don't you kiss my ass, you whiny bitch?

Texasteel
All around, a crappy game, but we'll take the win!

The Viking fans would love to have had this crappy of a game.

Psyychoward86
What a GREAT WAY TO END THE GAME (Deebo sacking Favre) and what a GREAT WAY to go into our bye week

Nadroj 20
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Screw you

GO STEELERS

Dude just stop your obiviously outnumbered

X-Terminator
Play nice boys - our team just won.

Screw that. I'm sick of depriving myself of reading and participating in this thread because of assholes like DoctorCAD. Why they don't just ban the SOB is beyond my comprehension.

Edman
Don't spar with the douche. Ban his ass/put him on ignore.

xbroughneck
10-25-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm so pissed right now. I freaking hate Goose and Moose. Rooting for those bastards the whole d*mn game!

They are on FOX so they call a lot of NFC games. Moose specifically was a Cowboy, and has seen a lot of NFC games. I'm not excusing it, but understand they see NFC teams more often. They are probably going to homer the game a little bit for the NFC teams.

Goose is a Steeler hater.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

randy06
GO STEELERS!

Nadroj 20
Don't spar with the douche. Ban his ass/put him on ignore.

You can do that? hell yea im going to right now then!! lol

AllD
10-25-2009, 04:22 PM
How many calls and non-calls hurt the Steelers.

1. Taking 7 points off the board with a complete BS call on Miller.

2. Numerous blocking in the back and holding by the Vikes which allowed the ST run back by Harvin for 7.

4. Uncalled grounding on Favre because he is Mr. Football.

5. Uncalled low tackle on BB. Unnecessary roughness called on the Vikes with the late hit ONLY because it was obvious to everybody including Stevie WOnder and Michael Jackson.

6. Steelers go out and win it with honest and legitimate defense.

HUGE plays on Defense make up for the one huge mistake by Mendy.

Looks like Mendy is what he is and that's all he will ever be. He did not play with this head and almost cost us the game. Holmes is back. Wallace is money, especially when Ward and Holems are double covered. Refs tried to take one away, but karma caught up when one went down.

Texasteel
You never say anything until something negative happens. It's not Whiny-Assed Crybaby Fever, either.

I'm just wondering who he is going to want to fire this week.

Edman
They are on FOX so they call a lot of NFC games. Moose specifically was a Cowboy, and has seen a lot of NFC games. I'm not excusing it, but understand they see NFC teams more often. They are probably going to homer the game a little bit for the NFC teams.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

Goose also played for Colts and Ravens teams victimized by Steelers teams in the past.

ricksteelers55
We have won that game but a big thanks to the defense.

I really wonder what will happen with our running game.We have the capable runner but he cannot take care of the football.Is Willie going to get the start back ? or is it going to be Memo ? Mendenhall hasnt got any other carries after that fumble,that tells you a lot about the coaching staff confidence in his hands,teams usually give the ball back to the RB when he makes a fumble so he could gain his confidence back.

I've been a Mendy fan since his drafting day but he keeps fumbling the football and we cant afford those fumbles to happen specially when you play close games like that.

Also wonder what are the news regarding the injuries

otherwise I'm glad we got the W,really looked like some of last year wins.

SteelersFever
Awesome game. Good job to the defense capitalizing on those turnovers. Still some work that needs to be addressed. Especially with the special teams giving up another touchdown return.

The Vikings played better than us today but we found ways to win and that's all that matters. It feels good defeating the undefeated. :tt04: :helmet:

Steel_Bus_24
10-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Lot of work and healing left to do if we want to beat Denver.....but Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

5-2 I'll take that:tt03:

Way to be D, :helmet:

and as a Side note AP is in my doghouse for 2 weeks for doing that crap on our sideline.....

Hope he gets toasted next week by the Pack, chew on that L motherfather:chuckle:

SteelTalons
10-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Team game bittch, sometimes offense plays better sometimes Defense. Fact of life, quit placing blame you don't see the D calling the O out or vice versa do ya. You certainly don't have that right.

:flipoff: You arent worth my profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering time. I see your going on a damn witch hunt over something as tame as saying... "Quit knocking the D they've been on the Field for 40mins, if you bastards want someone to knock, knock the O for putting them in that hole".

Thats not placing blame as much as that is saying get off the D's back they are doing the best they can with what they've been given. Now if you wanna get all tore out the frame over that, then hey knock yourself out. I dont really give a shit.

VegasStlrFan
10-25-2009, 04:26 PM
I thought it was a good game. The offense pushed the passing game to much for my liking, especially on the third and short.

7SteelGal43
10-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Wow, all this crap talk about the O sucked and the D sucked.............lookit people.......between our O and our D, we scored enough points to beat the 6 and 0 Vikings. Sometimes wins aren't to pretty, but guess what. They are still WINS.

WE WON

WE WON

WE WON

SUCK IT VIKINGS

WE WON

:tt02:

AllD
10-25-2009, 04:28 PM

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

My buddy, a Cowgirl fan, called me and told me how lucky the Steelers were and how many calls they got their way. However, he didn't watch the entire game.

billybob
10-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Awesome game. Good job to the defense capitalizing on those turnovers. Still some work that needs to be addressed. Especially with the special teams giving up another touchdown return.

The Vikings played better than us today but we found ways to win and that's all that matters. It feels good defeating the undefeated. :tt04: :helmet:

Yep , another unbeaten bites the dust at the hands of the Steelers ! Hope Denver is still undefeated when we play our Monday night game on Nov. 9 .

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :

AllD
10-25-2009, 04:29 PM
O-Line gets credit here too.

Reed's missed tackle and Mendy's fumble are what kept the game close.

AllD
10-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Two huge defensive plays that will make the highlights. Will Fox have something to show on Favre so their announcers can finish a circle jerk?

SteelCityMom
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
All I know is Vikings fans are having a total meltdown on nfl.com over the chosen one not performing his miraculous comeback today. It's great.

Apparently it's all the refs fault too (when isn't it lol).

7SteelGal43
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Two huge defensive plays that will make the highlights. Will Fox have something to show on Favre so their announcers can finish a circle jerk?

You can bet on it, like how that pick six by Fox wasn't really Favre's fault :jerkit:

Rotorhead
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow, can't we just enjoy our victory lol? Yes we have some things to work on, but we won and that is what matters now. Our ST needs some work and we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. But if we can put it togethers in the next few weeks we will be peaking at correct time to have it all working. Woohoo we are 5-2.

Steelboy84
10-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow, can't we just enjoy our victory lol? Yes we have some things to work on, but we won and that is what matters now. Our ST needs some work and we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. But if we can put it togethers in the next few weeks we will be peaking at correct time to have it all working. Woohoo we are 5-2.

And to add to that, go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :tt03: :drink: :tt04: :tt02: :hatsoff:

Nadroj 20
10-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Very happy with the W and im glad to be 5-2!!!! wooooooooooo

VegasStlrFan
10-25-2009, 04:41 PM
5-2 and we see the Broncos next, Orton is due for an implosion. The blume always comes off the rose eventually.

St33lersguy
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
So pumped. Screw the special teams, screw the fumbe STEELERS 27 VIKINGS 17, STEELERS 5-2 YEAH!!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

AllD
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
5-2 and we see the Broncos next, Orton is due for an implosion. The blume always comes off the rose eventually.

You think we are going to do the same thing to Orton as we did to Jason Capbell and the Foreskins last season. He was the next greatest thing with no picks during the season and then he met the Steelers. He will be out of the NFL shortly.

SteelTalons
10-25-2009, 05:33 PM

Bye week time for now though. Ryan Clark gets a nice vacation, of 2 weeks then since next games in Denver.

AllD
10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Childress already crying at the podium about the tripping penalty. Waaa. They got so many non-calls which resulted in points not to mention the 7 taken away from the Steelers. He should man up, what a *****.

7SteelGal43
10-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Childress already crying at the podium about the tripping penalty. Waaa. They got so many non-calls which resulted in points not to mention the 7 taken away from the Steelers. He should man up, what a *****.

_ _S S Y

"I'd like to by a vowel, Pat"

Cheppy
10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Thank god they won. It would've been horrible to have to stew in my own juices during the bye.

fansince'76
10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm going to the next Steelers game! :tt:

Preacher
10-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Well...

Denver next.. Then I get to see them in the BIG rematch. . . . which looks like it may be for sole control of first place!!

Jmat
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Can anyone tell me the last time the Steelers won a game where the refs didn't help us, at least according to the other teams fans or coaches?

I missed the game winning TD because I had to pick up my daughter at work. I was driving down Carson Street heading to the Fort Pitt Bridge Ramp and could see and hear the fans going nuts as I was heading up the ramp with Bill Hilgrove going nuts on the radio.
It was a pretty different experience.

Nadroj 20
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Can anyone tell me the last time the Steelers won a game where the refs didn't help us, at least according to the other teams fans or coaches?

I missed the game winning TD because I had to pick up my daughter at work. I was driving down Carson Street heading to the Fort Pitt Bridge Ramp and could see and hear the fans going nuts as I was heading up the ramp with Bill Hilgrove going nuts on the radio.
It was a pretty different experience.

There are always going to be haters and people thinking the games are "fixed" or whatever i live close to way to many browns fans that probably watch every steeler game over and over just to nit pick at one thing!

It gets very annoying i just tell them to keep finding excuses because that is all they are EXCUSES lol

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
10-26-2009, 12:24 AM
I just made it back to Alabama from the game today. What a game it was! The Steeler offense has to start finishing games and taking some of the pressure off of the defense, but I guess this is what Steeler football is all about. Ben didn't look too comfortable today, but a win is a win and hopefully this particular victory will give the team more confidence heading into Denver in two weeks.

As a side note, while I was waiting to board my flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta tonight after the game, Hines Ward came up to the check-in counter with his mom. His mom was heading back to Georgia and he was making sure she got on the flight. He walked right by me and as he did, I patted him on the shoulder. Folks standing around me were stunned to see him so soon after the game. Pretty cool experience.

Pittsky
10-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Childress and favre post-game was so depressing...what a bunch of whine bags...they are suppose to be leaders and they turned my stomach....you would have thought their season was over....and with attitudes like that, it will be....geeez