PDA

View Full Version : CORNERS????

beer72
10-25-2009, 02:42 PM
WTF! Why are they playing so soft 10 12 yards of the line of scrimmage?

meelanova
10-25-2009, 03:27 PM
lol thats the $64,000 question.

OneForTheToe
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM

Ummm .... so we don't get beat deep. Last I checked the D scheme we ran today held AP to under 70 yards rushing, gave up 10 points in the game, and scored twice in the fourth quarter.

7willBheaven
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Thats apparently what the call dictates and what they are told to do...i'm sure if it was up to them they'd play within 5 yrds of the WRs each down.

43Hitman
10-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry, what was the score again? What did our defense do today??? Oh yeah, score 2 TD's, that's what. If you want to bitch about something, how about Jeff Reed's pussifacation tackle or lack there of. That cost us 6 points. Also, how many TD"s did the the LEGENDARY Farve throw today?

devilsdancefloor
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
hello! welcome to the steelers defense!

Carolina Steelers
10-25-2009, 07:10 PM
I was saying the same thing Farve a couple of times snapped the ball when it look like we werent ready. The Defense came up big when it had to but Brett still threw for 334 yds which is way to many

MACH1
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.hercircleezine.com/wp-content/gallery/general/arm-finger-bitching-soda.jpg

PolamaluPower
10-25-2009, 08:56 PM
I thought they played very well today.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Here is a link to the same question asked a couple weeks back. Pretty much covered there.

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?p=669339#post669339

BTW, we won and this thread should be further cleansed with "Arm n Finger" :rofl:

JHSilverback
10-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Its all apart of the defensive schema...its allows the corners to keep the play in front of them so that we don't get burned deep..its a give and take with every defensive plan...quite personally I love the fact that we prevent big plays from happening...Dick LeBeau knows what hes doing

SteelC7
10-26-2009, 01:20 AM
we won the game...WHO F#@&ING CARES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Vincent
10-26-2009, 09:33 AM
We held a very scary offense to 10 points, and only 3 in the second half. That's a damn fine performance. "Statement"? Yeah, the way it ended and the fact that they kept Vikings out of the end zone, I would say "yes".

That Farrior. What a specimen. 15 tackles / 9 solo, a sack, and a PD. For a man his age?! He was all over the place yesterday.

The_WARDen
10-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I was saying the same thing Farve a couple of times snapped the ball when it look like we werent ready. The Defense came up big when it had to but Brett still threw for 334 yds which is way to many

You do realize that the gameplan was to shut down AP (which they did...yes 69 yards to a player of his caliber is shutting him down) and force Favre to beat them right?

It worked....Favre threw for 334 yards on 51 friggin attempts which comes out to 6.5 yds per attempt.

Also, I believe that the Vikings were averaging 30 PPG...the D outscored them 14-10.

:banging:

tube517
10-26-2009, 09:49 AM
It's either allow Favre to dink and dunk or let AP run wild. Bend but don't break.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM

Dick Lebeau knows more about defense than ALL OF US, combined.

As fans...One week we may think that we are giving away the short pass...another week it may seem that we are soft against the run....another week we are sure that we are suspect in regards to the deep ball.

But....I have every confidence that Coach Lebeau is very precise in his tape watching throughout the week...He breaks down the other teams offense and understands, better than any of us, where that team's strength lies. In doing this, his history shows that he may give up the short passes for a team that lives and dies on the long pass. He may give up the short passes for a team that lives and dies by the run....etc. In short I believe with all my heart that Lebeau forces a team into an offensive game that is NOT of their choosing.

Yesterday Lebeau took Adrian Peterson out of the game. Period. In doing so, he cheated a DB closer to the line...and he dropped the remaining secondary into a cushioned coverage to compensate for the DB who was assigned to the run.

The result was that we made the Vikings try and beat us in the air...which they couldn't. Did it allow the Vikes to rack up some pass yardage? In a word...yes. But we dictated the rhythm of the game, and made the Vikes attempt to win the game against us in a manner in which they couldnt.

KUDO'S to Coach Lebeau!!!!!!

SteelGhost
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Nice post LLT, well said :hatsoff: :applaudit:

Props to the defense mastermind Mr. LeBeau :drink:

Vincent
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Dick Lebeau knows more about defense than ALL OF US, combined.

Last Wednesday Papa LeBeau forgot more about defense than all of us will ever know.

And that man is a scratch golfer too.