PDA

View Full Version : Max Starks - give him some love!

BlastFurnace
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Held Jared Allen to 1 tackle and 1 assist.

Way to go Max. He's been doing this all year long.

fansince'76
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Yep, OL did a good job overall today against a very stout DL. :applaudit:

Mags87
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Held Jared Allen to 1 tackle and 1 assist.

Way to go Max. He's been doing this all year long.

and one of those tackles was way down the field on that big Holmes catch and run b4 mendy dropped it. what a job!

Christian Snyder
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
I was very impressed with the O-line today.

:tt04::tt04:

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
10-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Amen!

So much negative press last year, it's about time they get recognized for their stellar play this year. The run game averaged over 5 yards a carry against the best run D over the last 3 years, and the only sacks Ben takes is holding onto the ball a little too long.

BlastFurnace
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Colon was doing a great job on the right hand side as well. All of Mendenhall's big runs were to the right hand side.

Steelboy84
10-25-2009, 04:58 PM
"70% of the earth is covered by water. The other 30% is covered by Troy Polamalu"

Haha, love it!

:tt03:

Edman
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
The offensive line passed their first tough test with flying colors. Lets see them do it again against Denver.

XxKnightxX
10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Starks made Allen reset his pass rush so many times it was unbelievable. Hell of ajob by starks and the O-line. Here comes another challenge rom denver though.

ETL
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I knew Starks would pay out.

I hope TMC and all his gay boyfriends that constantly stroke his tool on another board are eating crow. Nah, they're probably eating TMC's load instead.

"Thank you sir, may I have another"

LVSteelersfan
10-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Vikings fans on the other boards are screaming bloody murder that the refs cost them that game. I still don't think that was a true pick play that Miller did on that TD. Looked like he was engaged blocking another player and the guy ran right into both of them. Bad call. Should have been a TD.

X-Terminator
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Vikings fans on the other boards are screaming bloody murder that the refs cost them that game. I still don't think that was a true pick play that Miller did on that TD. Looked like he was engaged blocking another player and the guy ran right into both of them. Bad call. Should have been a TD.

They will never mention that though. You should know by now that the Steelers never win a game on their own. It's always handed to them by the refs. :jerkit:

That said, it was a horrible call on that "tripping" penalty, so they do have a beef.

fansince'76
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
The OPI call on Miller which cost us 4 points was total bullshit.

That being said, people who blame the refs for losses are gutless pussies.

BlastFurnace
10-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I knew Starks would pay out.

I hope TMC and all his gay boyfriends that constantly stroke his tool on another board are eating crow. Nah, they're probably eating TMC's load instead.

"Thank you sir, may I have another"

Have you addressed your concern with TMC at SN? He doesn't post over here.

LVSteelersfan
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
I agree. Refs bad calls are part of the game. You just have to play through it. The tripping call was probably a bad call, but they act like every call was a bad call against them and nothing got called badly on our side. Glad to see the old man get pick sixed. They should be concerned that Peterson got basically shut down. I kept trying to tell them all week that Peterson was not going to tee off on us.

MasterOfPuppets
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
anyone notice how all the successful running is usually always on the right side ? they seldom run to the left...:hunch:

steelwalls
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice job Max, and the O-line......they brought their game today.

Tankus_Maximus
10-25-2009, 10:38 PM
I admit, I was worried about the matchup fo Starx vs. Allen prior to the game, but the boy held his own & then some for the duration of the game.

As a side note, it's great to see the the O-Line has finally galvanized into a solid unit. Any coincidence to our sudden offensive output as the O-Line gets better? I think not!!

mesaSteeler
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Lets give a little love to the front office as well for resigning the O line, including Starks, to long term contracts.

GBMelBlount
10-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Lets give a little love to the front office as well for resigning the O line, including Starks, to long term contracts.

including starks? ummmmm ok. :chuckle:

I have been a HUGE critic of the o-line and draft the last few years.

They are playing better than I expected and I couldn't be happier.

To all of those who trusted and said it was just a matter of another year experience and "gelling", it appears you MAY be right. :drink:

mesaSteeler
10-25-2009, 11:10 PM
including starks? ummmmm ok. :chuckle:

I have been a HUGE critic of the o-line and draft the last few years.

They are playing better than I expected and I couldn't be happier.

To all of those "blind homers" (j/k) who trusted and said it was just a matter of another year experience and "gelling", it appears you MAY be right. :drink:

Well the O-Line did well today against a very good defense. They are playing better than I thought they would. Let us hope the O-Line play will continue improve.