PDA

View Full Version : What was learned defeating the Vikings:

AllD
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
1. Turnovers lose games such as Favre fumbling a 6 and throwing a pick6. Big plays win games such as Woodley and K. Fox with both of their massive plays. Did you ever think this team had another one in them after the SB, not to mention TWO in one quarter! Simply have to be the plays of the week and they will get glossed over by the media because it was the Steelers and not that multi-retiree.

2. The media is biased against the Steelers. Colts, Packers, and Pats are getting more air time and they had Brady at the podium even though he threw two picks against the Bucs?? WTF is going on here???

3. This Steelers/Vikings game is an instant classic that will be used in text books. IT was the defeat of an undefeated team with huge plays that will go down in history and the media clams up. However, Fox Sports will still swallow Favre's load and grease up their cornholes to pump up #4 fans on tv. It's as bad as Mike Tirico on Brady's ballsac.

4. Melwelde Moore might be the best RB out of the three we have. He is like a slower Marshal Faulk, but a better blocker.

5. Mike Wallace is money all day long. He is a keeper. Heath Miller got his contract and deserves every penny. They are just as good as our #1A and #1B, Ward and Holmes. They are open when #86 & #10 are doubled.

6. We have holes on special teams. Even though the refs let the Vikes get away with a few, the D bailed them out. Reed needs to have a conversation with himself and find a way to quit drinking and clean himself up.

7. The media still is going on about Petersen and Favre as I write this and I am about to vomit in my mouth. Petersen got 69 yards, same as Mendy.

8. Offensive line is for real. Nobody talked about them which means they are doing great, especially Kemo.

9. The most entertaining game I have seen since the SB. Great job guys and you deserve a break. :tt04::tt02::tt:

10. The Steelers still get no respect. Do they have to find a cure for cancer and catch Osama BL to get any?

Steelboy84
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
1. Turnovers lose games such as Favre fumbling a 6 and throwing a pick6. Big plays win games such as Woodley and K. Fox with both of their massive plays. Did you ever think this team had another one in them after the SB, not to mention TWO in one quarter! Simply have to be the plays of the week and they will get glossed over by the media because it was the Steelers and not that multi-retiree.

2. The media is biased against the Steelers. Colts, Packers, and Pats are getting more air time and they had Brady at the podium even though he threw two picks against the Bucs?? WTF is going on here???

3. This Steelers/Vikings game is an instant classic that will be used in text books. IT was the defeat of an undefeated team with huge plays that will go down in history and the media clams up. However, Fox Sports will still swallow Favre's load and grease up their cornholes to pump up #4 fans on tv. It's as bad as Mike Tirico on Brady's ballsac.

4. Melwelde Moore might be the best RB out of the three we have. He is like a slower Marshal Faulk, but a better blocker.

5. Mike Wallace is money all day long. He is a keeper. Heath Miller got his contract and deserves every penny. They are just as good as our #1A and #1B, Ward and Holmes. They are open when #86 & #10 are doubled.

6. We have holes on special teams. Even though the refs let the Vikes get away with a few, the D bailed them out. Reed needs to have a conversation with himself and find a way to quit drinking and clean himself up.

7. The media still is going on about Petersen and Favre as I write this and I am about to vomit in my mouth. Petersen got 69 yards, same as Mendy.

8. Offensive line is for real. Nobody talked about them which means they are doing great, especially Kemo.

9. The most entertaining game I have seen since the SB. Great job guys and you deserve a break. :tt04::tt02::tt:

10. The Steelers still get no respect. Do they have to find a cure for cancer and catch Osama BL to get any?

We didn't get respect in 2005-06 and 2008-09 either.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

tyler289
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't think the media is biased. I guarantee you this game gets tons of coverage on all the networks.

AllD
10-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't think the media is biased. I guarantee you this game gets tons of coverage on all the networks.

Brady has already been deepthroated and he threw two picks against the Bucs. Aaron Rogers is the second coming of JC since Favre got beat up. Brees is getting beat down in Mami. The NFC has nobody else .

Separation is occurring in the league right now. It's very similar to the last time the Steelers went on a roll. They need good teams to play against, otherwise you get their "B" game. That is a fact.

steveironcity
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Respect is overrated

fansince'76
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Yeah, I predict they all cry about the tripping call and insinuate that's what cost the Vikes the game. Eff the media. :upyours: And anybody who thought Johnston's and Siragusa's calling of that game was unbiased didn't actually hear the game commentary.. They were hanging off of Favre's and the Vikes' nutsacks ALL DAY. It was to the point of nauseating.

steel striker
10-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I predict they all cry about the tripping call and insinuate that's what cost the Vikes the game. Eff the media. :upyours: And anybody who thought Johnston's and Siragusa's calling of that game was unbiased didn't actually hear the game commentary.. They were hanging off of Favre's and the Vikes' nutsacks ALL DAY. It was to the point of nauseating.

Plus no one compalined about our TD that was called back for that BS call on Heath. I agree the whole fox broadcast was bias against the steelers. Drives me crazy.

sharkweek
10-25-2009, 05:37 PM

they definitely were, but I was expecting that for several reasons:

#1: it was a FOX game, the FOX is the NFC network, so naturally they're going to support the NFC team in any matchup between the two conferences

#2: the 6-0 Vikings were playing the defending Superbowl champs, as per reason #1, of course they want to pimp one of their conference's best teams so that they can pimp up any future game coverage of the Vikings even more so as they could brag about the Vikings being 7-0 and having bested the defending SB champs...

#3: the Vikings were trailing most of the game, any good network even without bias towards conference will talk up the team that is trailing to try and make the game sound more interesting than it might be. Blowouts aren't interesting unless you're a fan of the team on the winning side.

#4: the Favre factor - every network dreams of the fairytale ending, they want Favre to go out like Elway.

BozMan
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
1) By far the biggest accomplishment by this team was holding Adrian Peterson to 69 yards WITHOUT Aaron Smith in the lineup. This was my biggest concern going into this game. Without A. Smith, AP would run all over us. Not so.

2) The offense had one of its worst games of the season so far. They didn't seem to play with the urgency to score except the TD drive at the end of the 1st half and the drive where Mendenhall fumbled in the red zone. The D outscore the O, 14-13. We had 3 trips into the red zone and no touchdowns on any of those drives.

3) Ben, Holmes, and Mendenhall all need to carry the ball better. I'm sure plenty will be said about Mendenhall's fumble that could have cost us the game if not for the D bailing the O out. The Steelers need to hire Tiki Barber to give him a tutorial on how to carry the ball. On Holmes' big catch and run (right before the Mendenhall fumble), he was dangling that ball out there just inviting someone to strip it. Ben needs to take better care of the ball when flushed from the pocket. Reminded me of last year's Tennessee game the way he was running around with it on the play where he fumbled out of bounds.

4) Holmes needs to stop the stupid muscle flexing after a big play.

5) Where was Hines Ward?

6) Woodley had by far his biggest game of the year.

PalmerSteel
10-25-2009, 06:08 PM
what we learned was simple and what we knew but today just proved it for any one that doubted us after week 3:
we are as good or better as anyone in the nfl and as long as we stay pretty healthy, we will be right there in the thick of things competing on a super bowl run.
also proved we can win with all 3 phases: offense, defense, special teams. love it

X-Terminator
10-25-2009, 06:15 PM
1) By far the biggest accomplishment by this team was holding Adrian Peterson to 69 yards WITHOUT Aaron Smith in the lineup. This was my biggest concern going into this game. Without A. Smith, AP would run all over us. Not so.

2) The offense had one of its worst games of the season so far. They didn't seem to play with the urgency to score except the TD drive at the end of the 1st half and the drive where Mendenhall fumbled in the red zone. The D outscore the O, 14-13. We had 3 trips into the red zone and no touchdowns on any of those drives.

3) Ben, Holmes, and Mendenhall all need to carry the ball better. I'm sure plenty will be said about Mendenhall's fumble that could have cost us the game if not for the D bailing the O out. The Steelers need to hire Tiki Barber to give him a tutorial on how to carry the ball. On Holmes' big catch and run (right before the Mendenhall fumble), he was dangling that ball out there just inviting someone to strip it. Ben needs to take better care of the ball when flushed from the pocket. Reminded me of last year's Tennessee game the way he was running around with it on the play where he fumbled out of bounds.

4) Holmes needs to stop the stupid muscle flexing after a big play.

5) Where was Hines Ward?

6) Woodley had by far his biggest game of the year.

Um, you do realize that Ben was trying to throw and had his arm hit, right? Favre did the same thing when Keisel stripped him. Somehow, I don't think anyone will think that's a problem.

And what IS it with people constantly bitching about Holmes' celebrations? Are these guys allowed to have fun or what? Also, when Hines does his first down point, you never hear a peep out of anyone. That is called a double-standard in anyone's book.

VTsteel
10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
#4: the Favre factor - every network dreams of the fairytale ending, they want Favre to go out like Elway.

. . .Or the Bus

devilsdancefloor
10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
1.our D is dominate when needs be. Troy is more important than we all thought. we are no so vanilla on D without him in.

2. wallace is a looking like a HUGE steal hats off to the FO.

3.Rushard looks good, but he is gonna have to sleep with a ball for a week.

4. postie is a great ILB (gonna miss him when he hangs up the cleats).

5. We need ST to step up. (jeff reed needs to hit the tackling dummies :chuckle:)

6. WE are a great team and after 7 weeks we are 5-2!

SteelerFanInStl
10-25-2009, 07:25 PM

:iagree: It's all they're talking about. I'm starting to wonder if any of the bozos even know what tripping is. Sure looked to me like the TE dove at Harrison's knees, missed and then rolled toward him sticking his legs out and tripping him. Looked pretty straightforward to me. I guess that the refs were responsible for Favre's fumble and INT also.

steelwalls
10-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Im likeing our recieving corp, maybe the best in the league?

Tankus_Maximus
10-25-2009, 09:35 PM
1) that Mike Wallace is a potential R.O.Y.

2) that Stefan Logan runs with suicidal abandon.

3) that our D is especially stout

4) that we work best when we're "flying under the radar" of the rest of the league.

Angus Burgher
10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
God, the Favre-love today made me want to puke. The best example:

The Steelers get a touchdown taken away at the beginning for the game for ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. The commentators do the "Hmm... I don't know about that" thing but don't raise a stink about it.

At the end of the game, Favre the Great throws a TD but it gets taken back because one of the O-Line trips Harrison. Commentators reaction: "BAD CALL! BAD CALL!!! BAD CALL!!!!!"

Favre the Great has no one but himself to blame for this loss. The Steelers won even after having a TD called back. Suck on that, Favre-ites.

Mags87
10-25-2009, 10:16 PM
best thing to take out of this overall is the performance of the D.

(probably the best part of the whole game when it comes to the rest of the season)
the vikes had 1st and Goal at the 1. we stuff peterson. offsides on us, 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line, we stuff peterson. 2nd and goal at 1/2, incomplete. 3rd and goal at the 1/2 yard line, incomplete. 4th and goal, field goal

im sure i dont have to remind anyone about the other 2 redzone stops. Go Steelers!

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Yep, the Steel Curtain 2.0 is back!

steelballs
10-26-2009, 10:58 AM
....that the offense HAS to possess the ball more effectively late in games.
If our offense had been able to possess the ball and take time off the clock more effectively in the second half, the game wouldn't have been as tense as it was.

The defense has been taking it on the chin for second half implosions all season with no real mention of the offenses lack of ball control and possession. The offense has to take some ownership as well in my book.

Dino 6 Rings
10-26-2009, 11:25 AM
What I learned.

The Bengals won again and still have the Tie Breaker over us in the AFC North. We can not afford any let down, it was a Must Win game at home vs a 6-0 Team and when we needed to win, we did. The Steelers are one of the Best teams in the NFL and will be in the playoff hunt toward the end of the season if they keep up the Good Play on both sides of the ball. Its nice to see in a game where the offense struggles, the defense comes up with big plays. Our Kick Coverage MUST improve (thought we fixed this). Stop with the turnovers in the Redzone, secure the ball. That is for EVERYONE on Offense.

Next up. I have 2 weeks to HATE the damn Broncos. And as of Today...I officially HATE the Broncos!!!