PDA

View Full Version : I didnt watch the game..but..

T.Richardson
10-25-2009, 09:25 PM
The Steelers should have passed the ball more, since Winfield wasnt playing.

But like I said I didnt watch the game so I dont know what happened. and how the heck did the Vikings have a TOP of 38 minutes??

Mags87
10-25-2009, 09:32 PM
The Steelers should have passed the ball more, since Winfield wasnt playing.

But like I said I didnt watch the game so I dont know what happened. and how the heck did the Vikings have a TOP of 38 minutes??

the reason our offense didnt put up numbers is we didnt have the ball. the vikes were really good about moving down the field, but not closing. they had two really long drives that ended with turnovers returned for TD's.

LukesDad88
10-25-2009, 09:37 PM
30 drop backs by Ben (including the aborted attempt that was recorded as a rush). 19 runs. Mendy was averaging 6.9 yards per attempt. Sure, he had the fumble, but he should have had more carries before we ever got to that point.

No, overcommitting to the pass almost cost us this one. Ben couldn't get the ball to the receivers. The secondary scheme for Minnesooooota was successful. We should have ran the ball more to force them to respect the run more. That would have opened up the passing game for the receivers more.

T.Richardson
10-25-2009, 09:38 PM
30 drop backs by Ben (including the aborted attempt that was recorded as a rush). 19 runs. Mendy was averaging 6.9 yards per attempt. Sure, he had the fumble, but he should have had more carries before we ever got to that point.

No, overcommitting to the pass almost cost us this one. Ben couldn't get the ball to the receivers. The secondary scheme for Minnesooooota was successful. We should have ran the ball more to force them to respect the run more. That would have opened up the passing game for the receivers more.

hmm good point. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
10-25-2009, 09:49 PM
heres how ....

minn....21 st downs......9-18 on 3rd
pitt........14 1st ................4-12 on 3rd

fansince'76
10-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Steelers - 27
Vikings - 17

The only stat that ultimately matters.

"But if we play this way against the better teams, we'll lose." Oh, wait, the Vikes were 6-0 coming in....

T.Richardson
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Steelers - 27
Vikings - 17

The only stat that matters.

But if we play this way against the better teams, we'll lose. Oh, wait, the Vikes were 6-0 coming in....

true.

KeiselPower99
10-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Steelers - 27
Vikings - 17

The only stat that ultimately matters.

"But if we play this way against the better teams, we'll lose." Oh, wait, the Vikes were 6-0 coming in....

Exactly. Ill take the effort we got today every game. :tt04:

Angus Burgher
10-25-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't mind that the offense had a few issues today. Quite honestly, I think they've played stellar throughout most of the season so far, and when we've struggled, it's usually been due to a defensive collapse.

Today, the D stepped up and showed the league that it's still a force to be reckoned with. That's why I love this team. To hell with the individual glory. One of the Steelers last year said it best... when one guy is struggling, you help them out.