PDA

View Full Version : I think the "Terrible Towel" Curse isnt real..

T.Richardson
10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Only 2 teams that I have seen have stomped on the Towel. The Bengals, and Titans, and frankly, both teams arent that good to begin with. The Titans werent going to win with a washed out QB in Collins, and they lost there defensive coordinator, and the Bengals...well, they always lose. I think its just a coincidence...

It just occured to me, since a lot of people seem to say the "curse" is effecting the Titans, but I think its because they lost some key components in there defense, and the fact that Collins is a washed up QB, and he wasnt going to succeeed, so I expected the Titans to fall this year, without the "curse"

BUT I still hate the Titans with a passion, not because of the Towel incident, but because of the phantom running into the kicker call on Washington a few years back in the playoffs, so I still pray they go 0-16 this year, and Lenwhale White to get a broken leg...that is all.

MACH1
10-25-2009, 09:56 PM
The curse is real! Its just building up power to hit the bungs when it hurts the most! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
10-25-2009, 10:01 PM
the curse of being a dumbass is most certainly real.... it has befallen the titans.

pacman, young, and henry were all great pics. :rolleyes:

nice jersey jeff! :tt02:

T.Richardson
10-25-2009, 10:02 PM
the curse of being a dumbass is most certainly real.... it has befallen the titans.

pacman, young, and henry were all great pics. :rolleyes:

nice jersey jeff! :tt02:

I forgot about Pacman...where is he at? still with Dallas?

MasterOfPuppets
10-25-2009, 10:02 PM
the bengals lifted the curse by getting rid of doucheman ....:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
anyway....

This community sucks, theres to much complaining, I cant deal with that anymore...im done with Steelersfever...

bye bye..

was you just starved for attention ?

MattsMe
10-25-2009, 11:34 PM
It occurred to me today, after walking under a ladder on my way to buy a winning lottery ticket, and nearly missing the game we won because I was waiting on a black cat to get out of my way, that the towel curse might indeed be real.

:noidea:

CantStop85
10-26-2009, 12:16 AM

And now he's been relegated to irrelevancy in Seattle. :chuckle:

T.Richardson
10-26-2009, 12:42 AM
anyway....

was you just starved for attention ?

or maybe...just maybe you have no idea what I just went through?

and I wasnt starved for attention dude, I was just a little frustrated that is all.

Galax Steeler
10-26-2009, 04:13 AM
The curse of the Towel is real just ask the Titans.

klick81
10-26-2009, 10:15 AM
What, No "I'm back...." thread??

:sofunny:

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
The curse of the Towel is real just ask the Titans.

You mean the Titans of New York? They won yesterday. :sofunny:

Seriously NFL... this throwback crap needs to stop before the Steelers dress up as the Pittsburgh (football) Pirates, the Steagles or the Card-Pitts.

Dino 6 Rings
10-26-2009, 04:30 PM
The Curse is Real in my book.

They should have known better than to disgrace it, they failed, and now they pay. Its in their heads. Just like any curse, if they believe it, they feel it. And with all the "we don't believe in that, and I'd do it again" talk, it was obviously in their heads. Now they hear it, on boards, from fans, the coach is even asked about it, and we are supposed to believe it means nothing? No, its Real. They are feeling it first hand.

Wanna bet No One on the Bengals EVER disgraces the Terrible Towel again?

Godfather
10-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Don't forget the Cowpokes desecrated the Towel after Super Bowl XXX. They haven't sniffed the Super Bowl since.

Jmat
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM

And look how they're playing now.

Psyychoward86
10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
What about when the Cardinals mascot and Mayor of Phoenix blew their nose and rubbed their armpits with the Terrible Towel? They only lost the Superbowl

Aussie_steeler
10-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Try telling that to the Titans now. They will try anything to avoid the curse. I find it very funny.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/10/fix-for-terrible-towel-hex-titans-players-autograph-steelers-good-luck-charm/1

Fix for Terrible Towel hex? Titans players autograph Steelers' good-luck charm

If the switch to Vince Young doesn't help the winless Titans, maybe a plea to the Terrible Towel gods will.

Tennessee's Keith Bulluck and LenDale White autographed a Terrible Towel on Thursday in a charity effort. The two stomped on the favorite of Steelers fans in the last game the Titans won -- against Pittsburgh last Dec. 21.

Former Titans player Brad Hopkins asked the players to autograph the towel and send it to the Allegheny Valley School, which benefits from the sale of Terrible Towels.

Hopkins joked it could be the end to the Titans' eight-game winless streak. "We can't figure out what is wrong with this organization," he said, via Bleacher Report, "so we figure it had to be the towel." -- Sean Leahy

klick81
10-30-2009, 10:35 AM
BWAHAHAHHAA!!! I see that as an admission of remorse. CLASSIC.

SteelTalons
10-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Only 2 teams that I have seen have stomped on the Towel. The Bengals, and Titans, and frankly, both teams arent that good to begin with. The Titans werent going to win with a washed out QB in Collins, and they lost there defensive coordinator, and the Bengals...well, they always lose. I think its just a coincidence...

It just occured to me, since a lot of people seem to say the "curse" is effecting the Titans, but I think its because they lost some key components in there defense, and the fact that Collins is a washed up QB, and he wasnt going to succeeed, so I expected the Titans to fall this year, without the "curse"

BUT I still hate the Titans with a passion, not because of the Towel incident, but because of the phantom running into the kicker call on Washington a few years back in the playoffs, so I still pray they go 0-16 this year, and Lenwhale White to get a broken leg...that is all.

I agree, Ive said this before at times but I think this is the first time anyone's actually went out of their way to say this.

+1