PDA

View Full Version : UH OH!!!!

SteelC7
10-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Theyre back!!! 1st of all, i dont want any complainers posting on this thread, if u dont have something good to say about our team, then go somewhere else. anyway how bout them steelers?! i kno we didnt exactly blow out the vikings, but we beat em, who cares how? rite now, the offense is playing well, we just messed up a couple times today, otherwise, we score 2 more TDs instead of 1 FG but mendenhall fumbled, and the other got called back for no reason, so offense is stayin strong, no INTs for ben for 2 strait weeks, mendenhall just needs to hold on to the ball and hes a good back, 70 yds on 10 carries on the viking D is a success in my book. now for the defense, with troy back, the 4th quarter collapses seem to have gone away almost completely, today we made plays on D, and turned to instant offense wen we got turnovers. bottom line...the offense is in sync, the D is back, (and even better after the bye). get ready NFL, cuz pittsburgh is back on the map and on our way into the drivers seat in the division, dont worry about cincy bungles, well beat em in a few weeks, and baltimore cant beat us, we do have to worry about the browns, but maybe we can beat them next time...im scared!!! :sofunny:

Nadroj 20
10-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Theyre back!!! 1st of all, i dont want any complainers posting on this thread, if u dont have something good to say about our team, then go somewhere else. anyway how bout them steelers?! i kno we didnt exactly blow out the vikings, but we beat em, who cares how? rite now, the offense is playing well, we just messed up a couple times today, otherwise, we score 2 more TDs instead of 1 FG but mendenhall fumbled, and the other got called back for no reason, so offense is stayin strong, no INTs for ben for 2 strait weeks, mendenhall just needs to hold on to the ball and hes a good back, 70 yds on 10 carries on the viking D is a success in my book. now for the defense, with troy back, the 4th quarter collapses seem to have gone away almost completely, today we made plays on D, and turned to instant offense wen we got turnovers. bottom line...the offense is in sync, the D is back, (and even better after the bye). get ready NFL, cuz pittsburgh is back on the map and on our way into the drivers seat in the division, dont worry about cincy bungles, well beat em in a few weeks, and baltimore cant beat us, we do have to worry about the browns, but maybe we can beat them next time...im scared!!! :sofunny:

Ben threw a pick last week lol but thats the only negative im saying lol

Im happy with the win its huge 5-2 now and with a big game coming up in two weeks the Steelers could be in GREAT shape if they beat the broncos

I cant wait until monday night in 2 weeks!!!!

Angus Burgher
10-25-2009, 11:08 PM
They played great today.... glad to see the defense playing like it did last year. Ben and the offense struggled a bit, but as we all know, we should have had a touchdown on that one drive. I've never cussed at my TV as much as I did today when that zebra bastard called it back. I hope whichever one of those annoying pricks made that call was the same guy who got runover later in the game.

SteelC7
10-25-2009, 11:12 PM
ya i was screamin my lungs out too wen he called it back, it seemed like he called it 5 mins after the score in mightve been sooner, but it didnt seem like it...also to nadroj 20, ur right, i didnt see that INT in cleveland, good catch on that one

Angus Burgher
10-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Seriously, can someone explain to me where the supposed "pass interference" was in that call? Miller made a block, and then a defender ran into him from behind and fell on his ass. That made absolutely no sense at all.

Nadroj 20
10-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Seriously, can someone explain to me where the supposed "pass interference" was in that call? Miller made a block, and then a defender ran into him from behind and fell on his ass. That made absolutely no sense at all.

There is some kind of pick rule or something you cant interfere with the path of the defender or something kinda like holding i dont really know for sure.....i didnt like the call either

Preacher
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM

I am not sure we were all that today. Our fourth quarter problems aren't solved yet (drives into the redzone aren't good). Gotta protect the ball much better as well.

However, I do think you are right in two VERY important areas.. . The D is starting to show the big-play ability/hunger. Two, Last couple of games it seems that our O line can put it together at the end of the half/game when necessary. Marching up and down the field is nice. But being able to put the ball in the endzone at the end of the half-game is a killer to the other team.

Angus Burgher
10-25-2009, 11:33 PM
There is some kind of pick rule or something you cant interfere with the path of the defender or something kinda like holding i dont really know for sure.....i didnt like the call either

Ridiculous. What was so absurd is that the guy ran into him. Is Miller supposed to have eyes in the back of his head? Reminds me of the season opener when they penalized Troy because one of the Tightasses' WRs ran into him.

Preacher
10-25-2009, 11:44 PM
They played great today.... glad to see the defense playing like it did last year. Ben and the offense struggled a bit, but as we all know, we should have had a touchdown on that one drive. I've never cussed at my TV as much as I did today when that zebra bastard called it back. I hope whichever one of those annoying pricks made that call was the same guy who got runover later in the game.

Come on. That guy was injured... it just ain't cool to wish that on anyone. It IS a game for crying out loud. The refs have parents, a wife, children, friends, etc. too. Let's not get too carried away.

steelwalls
10-25-2009, 11:45 PM
We beat a legit team, and I think got some of our swagger back....lets go into the bye week on a high note, and come out ready to take heads off.....

Oline- did good against a good D line
Pressure was there
LB corps were awesome
Troy is back and even not at 100% can make an impact (bye week will help him)
Ben didnt throw as much but still was on point IMO
We pretty much shut down who some say is the best RB in the NFL
Brett Farve're didnt have such a good day

Yeap I can think of some pro's out of this one.

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Come on. That guy was injured... it just ain't cool to wish that on anyone. It IS a game for crying out loud. The refs have parents, a wife, children, friends, etc. too. Let's not get too carried away.

LOL I know. I was just kidding. I heard after the game that he was okay, which is good.

vikes0487
10-26-2009, 12:29 AM
We beat a legit team, and I think got some of our swagger back....lets go into the bye week on a high note, and come out ready to take heads off.....

Oline- did good against a good D line
Pressure was there
LB corps were awesome
Troy is back and even not at 100% can make an impact (bye week will help him)
Ben didnt throw as much but still was on point IMO
We pretty much shut down who some say is the best RB in the NFL
Brett Farve're didnt have such a good day

Yeap I can think of some pro's out of this one.

It puts a smile on my face as a Viking fan when other fan bases are regarding a 300+ yard passing game by our QB as a 'not so good day'.

fansince'76
10-26-2009, 12:32 AM
It puts a smile on my face as a Viking fan when other fan bases are regarding a 300+ yard passing game by our QB as a 'not so good day'.

2 turnovers taken all the way back for long TDs is a good day? If Ben would've done that, he'd be getting crucified here. I'll bet Favre would rather have the win than the 300-yard day.

Preacher
10-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Ridiculous. What was so absurd is that the guy ran into him. Is Miller supposed to have eyes in the back of his head? Reminds me of the season opener when they penalized Troy because one of the Tightasses' WRs ran into him.

:chuckle:

No... if you watch the replay, JUST before the hit, Heath lines up the receiver, is STARRING at him, and drops his shoulder and leans into the DB. There is NO WAY that was incidental. It was a pick play... and illegal.

You simply cannot pick off a DB like that.
Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:
(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.
(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a
separation in an attempt to catch a pass.
(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.

Section 3 Blocking
Blocking is the act of obstructing or impeding an opponent by contacting him with a part of the blockerís body.

It seems that the call was a very good call.

Justin Otstott
10-26-2009, 12:37 AM

YES! I too see some light, all we need is some more tune ups and we are good.

vikes0487
10-26-2009, 12:39 AM
2 turnovers taken all the way back for long TDs is a good day? If Ben would've done that, he'd be getting crucified here. I'll bet Favre would rather have the win than the 300-yard day.

I agree. My comment was based on the poor QB play the Vikings have had in recent history. The fact that so much passing yardage is considered a only moderate effort just speaks as to how far Favre has brought our passing game in 1 year.

FWIW, I don't put the last interception on Favre and the strip was equal parts ball security and a good rush.

Justin Otstott
10-26-2009, 12:40 AM

lol :applaudit:

Good game, now leave.

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 12:44 AM
:chuckle:

No... if you watch the replay, JUST before the hit, Heath lines up the receiver, is STARRING at him, and drops his shoulder and leans into the DB. There is NO WAY that was incidental. It was a pick play... and illegal.

You simply cannot pick off a DB like that.

It seems that the call was a very good call.

Well then, I'm glad you're so happy about it.