PDA

View Full Version : The way I see it...

steelrush
10-26-2009, 05:35 AM
I trully believe that we're going to be fine this year and that the play-offs awaits us once again.
Really, if I take a closer look:

1. To enter your BYE week with a 5-2 game-record isn't bad AT ALL.
2. Our X finally gives some much needed hopes of coming back to greatness.
3. Our O is kindda struggling, but... boy do we have a franchise QB!:tt04: Having said that, we really should improve our running game. Considerably. Oh yeah, AND the Special Teams.
4. Out of the nine remaining games, the only ones that -at least on paper- looks worrying are the Broncos, Bungles and perhaps Dolphins ones.
- the Ratbirds are embarked on a serious psychological train, now that their foundations was shaken by three consecutive losses. And that train is without a destination.:chuckle:
- the Chiefs, losing yesterday to the Chargers AT home, only proved that by the time we arrive in Kansas City, they'll all find that their spears has lost their edges.
- the Packers, now at 4-2, although they whooped Cleveland yesterday, might rattle some swords but hey: they'll be in Steelers Country and here swords are not allowed.
- the Raiders....:coffee: Well, they're just the Raiders.

Your thoughts?

Jaquila
10-26-2009, 06:01 AM
I think we will be fine, but we need to close games or we will be in trouble.

The_WARDen
10-26-2009, 09:26 AM
didn't they close yesterday??

Nadroj 20
10-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I agree with the fact the Dolphins will be a game we shouldnt over look....They had the Saints beat but lost it themselves.....not saying the Steelers cant beat them just saying they shouldnt be taken lightly.....no team should really

We just play like we all know the Steelers are capable of......we'll be in great shape

LamarrWoodleysFade
10-26-2009, 09:46 AM
I think we drop at least one to the Ravens.

Justin Otstott
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
yeah Playoffs unless they do what they have done in the past...lose to teams like the Raiders.

mulldog24
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
All we have to do is take 1 game at a time and don't overlook or underestimate anyone and we will be fine.

Vincent
10-26-2009, 10:11 AM
The offense has the weapons to shred anybody. The OL handled one of the scariest defenses in the league yesterday. I'm mystified as to why Ben didn't go after their secondary, but he didn't.

The defense gave up a lot of yardage in the second half, but held a very potent offense to 10 points overall (the other 7 were special teams) and only 3 in the second half.

So yeah, if we play even near our capabilities, we should be OK.

fansince'76
10-26-2009, 11:28 AM
We beat one of the best teams in the league yesterday by double digits despite making a ton of mistakes. We have yet to play a complete error-free game on both sides of the ball. Once we do, we'll be blowing teams out, IMO.

The Lakelander
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
This team has an uncanny way of shirking adversity.

Champions do this.

The Steelers can win it all because of that trait more than any other they possess!

Steelboy84
10-26-2009, 08:39 PM
I think we drop at least one to the Ravens.

I think we beat them in Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

cubanstogie
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I think we beat them in Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

initially I thought beating the Ravens 5 times in a row would not happen, I figured a split. Now I think we sweep them. Last year their D was much better, we had no success running. This year teams are moving the ball on them. They have a solid running game, but running is irrelevant against the Steelers no matter who is holding the rock. It comes down to Ben and Flacco and Ben looks every bit as good as Brady, Manning or Brees. Not to mention our O line has really improved, the Ravens nearly killed Ben the last 2 years.

Steelboy84
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
initially I thought beating the Ravens 5 times in a row would not happen, I figured a split. Now I think we sweep them. Last year their D was much better, we had no success running. This year teams are moving the ball on them. They have a solid running game, but running is irrelevant against the Steelers no matter who is holding the rock. It comes down to Ben and Flacco and Ben looks every bit as good as Brady, Manning or Brees. Not to mention our O line has really improved, the Ravens nearly killed Ben the last 2 years.

Yea, I know. They helped to rack up that sack total on Ben. We'll put pressure on Flacco, he'll give it up, our offense punches it into the endzone. Yep.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :thumbsup: :applaudit: :hatsoff: :tt04: :tt:

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah, the Ravens were just overhyped throughout the beginning of the season because idiots like Steve Mariucci and Bucky Brooks had hard-ons for them. I loved how they gushed about the Ravens D after the San Diego game, how they kept them from running and all that. Yeah, Sproles had something like an 80 yard run for a TD in that game, but it didn't count towards rushing yards since he caught it on a short screen pass. Also, Rivers threw for over 400 yards on them. That's really incredible defense. Oh! But Ray Lewis made tackle at the end of the game! League MVP for sure!