PDA

View Full Version : Failhomme

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
I have to say, I feel bad for Panthers fans right now. I have no love for their team... I just know how much it sucks to see your beloved franchise being run into the ground.

Granted, the Panthers have never been all that great, but it's got to hurt when your team extends the contract of a guy that just blew a playoff game for you. It has to hurt even more as you watch him kill any chance the team has of making it back.

If you haven't looked up Delhomme's stats recently, I think this is all you need to know. 4 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Delhomme is on course for a Ryan Leaf-type season with those numbers. People are criticizing JaMarcus Russell for being a slackass, but at least that guy is still young and could possibly improve if he wasn't surrounded by incompetent coaches and presided over by 150-year-old lunatic.

Delhomme, however, is a veteran player who simply doesn't have it anymore. The only positive thing that Carolina fans can take out of his performance is that he's not throwing as many interceptions per game as he did in the season opener (4).

I know that INTs happen to every QB... even Ben, Brady, Brees... but 13 before the season even hits the halfway mark is ludicrous, especially from a guy who just got a huge contract extension.

Delhomme, if you care about the Panthers franchise and its fans, do them a favor. Retire.

Edman
10-26-2009, 01:33 PM
John Fox needs to go with him.

Any half-competant coach would've benched Delhomme. Do they guys behind Jake on the depth chart suck so much?

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Supposedly they do. I've heard talk on NFL Network and ESPN that the Panthers have backed themselves into a corner so that Delhomme is their best option, even if he's playing terribly. I don't know... I've seen A.J. Feely play before when he was a backup for the Eagles and he looked okay...better than Jake. But I've also seen hacks like Kyle Boller and Derek Anderson have a decent game here and there.

AllD
10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Fox will not last the season. The Panthers need to pick up one of the QBs from the 49ers.

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
It's too late for that now this season though, isn't it?

Anyway, I wonder if Cowher will end up coaching the Panthers next year. He lives down there now, doesn't he? There are always rumors about him coming back.

Godfather
10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Delhomme was good for a few years. It's too bad he's lost it.

JaMarcus doesn't have any good players around him. Delhomme has Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, DeAngelo Williams, and Jon Stewart. What's his excuse?

AllD
10-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Delhomme got a new contract after he choked in the playoffs. That would be comparable to the Steelers giving Neil O'Donnel a new contract after his Super Bowl appearance. Instead, O'Donnel was run out of town followed by an equally unprepared Tommy Maddox.

The difference is the Steelers generally know when to allow a player to "test the market" most of the time. Not including the Stewart experiment at QB. The Steelers are used to winning and the Panthers are not.

AllD
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
It's too late for that now this season though, isn't it?

Anyway, I wonder if Cowher will end up coaching the Panthers next year. He lives down there now, doesn't he? There are always rumors about him coming back.

I would think Cowher would go for a GM position rather than coaching, but that's just MHO. Better hours and less headaches. Not too many winning teams looking for a new HC. He would have to go to an average team at best and turn it around on the ground.

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I would think Cowher would go for a GM position rather than coaching, but that's just MHO. Better hours and less headaches. Not too many winning teams looking for a new HC. He would have to go to an average team at best and turn it around on the ground.

Well... the Panthers are an average-to-awful team right now and their head coach wll likely be gone by the end of the season...

cubanstogie
10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Well... the Panthers are an average-to-awful team right now and their head coach wll likely be gone by the end of the season...

I don't understand how they could be that bad. Their D is in the top 5 statistically, and they have solid RB's with good to great WR corps. Delhomme had been pathetic. They could use Michael Vick.

Nadroj 20
10-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't understand how they could be that bad. Their D is in the top 5 statistically, and they have solid RB's with good to great WR corps. Delhomme had been pathetic. They could use Michael Vick.

If your QB sucks the team will too.....they bench him and play someone else (who can not do any worse then delhomme) they should be better

cubanstogie
10-26-2009, 10:42 PM
If your QB sucks the team will too.....they bench him and play someone else (who can not do any worse then delhomme) they should be better

its just amazing how fast and far Jake has fallen. I have always thought of him as a solid but not spectacular QB. Now he is garbage. Seems like a good guy though.

Nadroj 20
10-26-2009, 10:45 PM
its just amazing how fast and far Jake has fallen. I have always thought of him as a solid but not spectacular QB. Now he is garbage. Seems like a good guy though.

Yea that is true, i think even he knows he needs to be benched

KeiselPower99
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
The whole organization is going through a change at the top and their GM traded away their 2010 first rounder to the Niners so they could select De Everette Brown in the 2nd round this year. Cowher would be a goof choice to run the show down there but hoes he really wanna try it? Matt Moore is probably the starter next week. I like Delhomme but ya cant keep turning the ball over.

steelreserve
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone who compares Delhomme to JaMarcus Russell has not seen Russell play. That man is an awful quarterback in every sense of the word. It does not matter what players you have around you when you're that inaccurate and you make that many bad decisions -- not to mention being immobile and easily flustered.

Delhomme at least looks like he knows how to play quarterback, or knew how once. But I agree, he's hit the wall and Carolina had better get off their asses and draft a QB next year.

Dino 6 Rings
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
If you watch the highlights of the INTs as well you can see Jake has lost it. He's underthrowing deep balls into double coverage, over throwing out routes, throwing behind crossing routes. He's awful right now. Just putrid.

Angus Burgher
10-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Anyone who compares Delhomme to JaMarcus Russell has not seen Russell play. That man is an awful quarterback in every sense of the word. It does not matter what players you have around you when you're that inaccurate and you make that many bad decisions -- not to mention being immobile and easily flustered.

Delhomme at least looks like he knows how to play quarterback, or knew how once. But I agree, he's hit the wall and Carolina had better get off their asses and draft a QB next year.

Yeah, I suppose the JaMarcus comparison isn't fair... at least Jake was good once. I guess I was just pointing out that if Russell had competent people around him - and if he had any work ethic whatsoever - he might, I stress the word might , become a decent quarterback.

Nadroj 20
10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I just saw on the espn bottom line that Delhomme is to stay the starter.

Anybody think Fox is trying to get fired?

Edman
10-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Jake and J.Russell is not a fair comparison. Delhomme was once a pretty decent QB.

Jamarcus was never nothing short of below average.

Godfather
10-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I suppose the JaMarcus comparison isn't fair... at least Jake was good once. I guess I was just pointing out that if Russell had competent people around him - and if he had any work ethic whatsoever - he might, I stress the word might , become a decent quarterback.

Yep. He needs to improve his footwork and accuracy. But he's not getting the coaching he needs, the playcalling is terrible, the Raiders commit drive-killing penalties when he does play well, and the receivers are better at falling down than catching passes.