PDA

View Full Version : James Farrior appreciation thread

GridironWarrior
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
This is the thread where we give thanks for having a great Inside backer like Farrior is always overshadowed by the Patrick Willis and Ray Lewisís of the NFL. This guy at 34 shows no signs of slowing down. I think if we ever lost him our D would be a in a whole world of hurt. Heís what Troy and Aaron Smith is to their respective positions IMO. Itís amazing how this guy never gets mentioned by the media as one of the best ILB in the game. Very underrated. Iím gonna miss this guy whenever he decides to hang up the cleats.

tyler289
10-26-2009, 12:10 PM
He's up there in age, but he sure as hell isn't showing it. 15 tackles and a sack yesterday. He is a huge reason for our success. Does everything well and is a great leader.

steelballs
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
He's up there in age, but he sure as hell isn't showing it. 15 tackles and a sack yesterday. He is a huge reason for our success. Does everything well and is a great leader.

I'll second that. Farrior always seems to be in on the play or close to it. He captains the defense and rightfully so.

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah, it is a bit annoying that Ray Lewis constantly gets all the media attention just because he acts like a douchebag, while hard-hitting, non-showboating guys like Farrior are constantly ignored. I'd take our D over those overrated Baltimore idiots any day of the week.

This might not be a Farrior/Lewis comparison, but if you want a good example of how much the media likes to promote Ray Lewis and the Ravens D over Pittsburgh, compare two plays: that tackle Ray Ray made on Darren Sproles in the backfield at the end of San Diego game and the tackle Troy Polamalu made on Chris Johnson at the beginning of the Titans game. Both tackles occurred in the backfield for a loss. The difference was that Johnson is a faster RB than Sproles and Polamalu came from 10-20 yards away to make his tackle, whereass Ray Ray was a yard or two from the line of scrimmage.

Yet if you talk to any of the guys at NFL Network or Jason Whitlock, Ray Lewis' tackle was the greatest moment in NFL history. Give me a f**king break.

Vincent
10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
James Farrior is a Steeler. We weren't robbed when the Jets took him ahead of us. That happened just so he would later emerge as a free agent "that wasn't the best fit for the Jets". Then he found his rightful place in the universe where he'll probably be until he retires at 65.

We have an unusually high number of that kind of football player pass through this burgh.

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Speaking of players that were acquired that way, here's to hoping that they extend Mewelde Moore's contract at the end of this season. The Vikes gave him the boot, so he became a playmaker for a Super Bowl team.

chucoblack&gold
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Then he found his rightful place in the universe where he'll probably be until he retires at 65..

:rofl::chuckle: :tt04:

SteelC7
10-26-2009, 01:14 PM
its cuz potsy doesnt talk like ray ray, and doesnt do a little dance like merriman or the others, he just goes about his business at an all pro level...if the pro bowl voting were done solely on what the players mean to their teams and their performance on the field only, then hed be in hawaii every year, sadly hes only gone 2-3 times and its because of ppl who are impressed with rays dancing and others' talking...but yes james farrior is in the top 3 MLBs in the game today and at 34, hes not showing his age, which makes me think hell play thru his whole contract which is like 4 more years...i hope for the rest of his career, he mentors timmons and helps him become what he is, cuz timmons definitely has the talent and ability to be our next james farrior, and to help ease whats gonna be a rough time for our defense wen he retires...plus timmons and farrior share the same 1st name, thats gotta count for something lol

Indo
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
The guy is just incredible----
He was in Lord Faaaaav-ra's face all day.
He plays the game like it was meant to be played--with controlled Violence that is a Thing of Beauty to watch

Angus Burgher
10-26-2009, 02:43 PM
plus timmons and farrior share the same 1st name, thats gotta count for something lol

Huh?
:confused:

AllD
10-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Speaking of players that were acquired that way, here's to hoping that they extend Mewelde Moore's contract at the end of this season. The Vikes gave him the boot, so he became a playmaker for a Super Bowl team.

Farrior is a warrior. No doubt at all Moore will be extended.

smokin3000gt
10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
its cuz potsy doesnt talk like ray ray, and doesnt do a little dance like merriman or the others, he just goes about his business at an all pro level...if the pro bowl voting were done solely on what the players mean to their teams and their performance on the field only, then hed be in hawaii every year, sadly hes only gone 2-3 times and its because of ppl who are impressed with rays dancing and others' talking...but yes james farrior is in the top 3 MLBs in the game today and at 34, hes not showing his age, which makes me think hell play thru his whole contract which is like 4 more years...i hope for the rest of his career, he mentors timmons and helps him become what he is, cuz timmons definitely has the talent and ability to be our next james farrior, and to help ease whats gonna be a rough time for our defense wen he retires...plus timmons and farrior share the same 1st name, thats gotta count for something lol

That is the biggest non sentence, sentence I have ever seen. A period here and there, along with line breaks can be a paragraph's best friend.

steeltheone
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
We really need to find his replacement. It's just smart football. He is playing well but at 34 the end is near.

Vincent
10-26-2009, 09:07 PM
plus timmons and farrior share the same 1st name, thats gotta count for something lol

Whuzzin dat dam pipe? Gimme dat!!

Farrior is a warrior. No doubt at all Moore will be extended.

Dass cuz dey hafta same last names.:couch:

psusteelers4life
10-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Agreed with Farrior being underrated he has been my favorite player for years now and like what was said before he plays the game how it should be played{like Hines} he has a nose for the ball. It will be interesting who will take his place when the time comes to hang up the pads. God willin not for a few years cause i think he is under contract for 3 more years correct me if i'm worng. He will retire a STEELER,I'm not sure anyone outside the Steeler nation will think of him as a HOF inside backer it would be nice though just like Hines deserves to be there someday!

Galax Steeler
10-27-2009, 05:25 AM
Huh?
:confused:

I was wondering the same thing.:noidea:

HometownGal
10-27-2009, 08:24 AM

Geez, I wish I was that "up there in age" again. :horror: :chuckle:

Potsie is da man! I've loved that guy since the day he first donned the black 'n gold and he is the true definition of what Pittsburgh Steelers football is all about. :tt03::hatsoff:

Cheppy
10-27-2009, 06:21 PM
I was just thinking today about how great of a player he is. Defending the pass, run, blitzing the quarterback, he does all of those thing extremely well and shows no signs of slowing down. And if that wasn't enough, he's one of the smartest players in the sport, a natural leader of a perennially awesome defense and seems like a guy of integrity & quality character.

Arguably the best free agent signing in Steelers history and that's saying something.

ChrisKemoFan
10-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah, it is a bit annoying that Ray Lewis constantly gets all the media attention just because he acts like a douchebag, while hard-hitting, non-showboating guys like Farrior are constantly ignored. I'd take our D over those overrated Baltimore idiots any day of the week.

This might not be a Farrior/Lewis comparison, but if you want a good example of how much the media likes to promote Ray Lewis and the Ravens D over Pittsburgh, compare two plays: that tackle Ray Ray made on Darren Sproles in the backfield at the end of San Diego game and the tackle Troy Polamalu made on Chris Johnson at the beginning of the Titans game. Both tackles occurred in the backfield for a loss. The difference was that Johnson is a faster RB than Sproles and Polamalu came from 10-20 yards away to make his tackle, whereass Ray Ray was a yard or two from the line of scrimmage.

Yet if you talk to any of the guys at NFL Network or Jason Whitlock, Ray Lewis' tackle was the greatest moment in NFL history. Give me a f**king break.

I think the RayRay one was made a bigger deal out of because it won the game and it was a big hit... media loves big hits. Polamalu's tackle was a perfect form tackel, but not really a pad popper.