PDA

View Full Version : " Offsides" , Hamp. ??

dpc13
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
what is up with with the continual penalties by Hamp? please offer an explanation for this aggregious lack of concentration by such high priced nose-guard .

fansince'76
10-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Bad day at the office. It happens. I noticed AP got NOTHING up the middle all day.

steelballs
10-26-2009, 12:28 PM
what is up with with the continual penalties by Hamp? please offer an explanation for this aggregious lack of concentration by such high priced nose-guard .

OK...I'll take a swipe at it.

Hampton was reacting to Favre's patented cadence inflections that have cost many a NT's encroachment penalties.
I'm not saying that Casey wasn't at fault (seeing as the ball's right in front of his face) but you have to assume that Casey's trying to make a play and getting of the ball fast.

Dino 6 Rings
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Bad day at the office. It happens. I noticed AP got NOTHING up the middle all day.

Heck yeah! he got nothing!

SteelC7
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
big deal, we won the game, hes a big guy, sometimes he gets offsides, alot of the best nose tackles do, like jamal williams and vince wilfork, they get offsides too, just not as much as big snack...also, "All Day" Peterson didnt run 'all day' and he didnt gain any yds up the middle, they were all on the outside

steelerchad
10-26-2009, 01:32 PM
If we had lost, we'd all be b****ing and moaning about it today. after the 2nd one I would have thought he learned his lesson not to jump on the cadence, but no there it was again for a 3rd time.
Favre is obviously good at this, I think he got Timmons also. In Casey's defense, I think inertia took over. Once 360lbs starts moving forward it's awfully hard to stop.
And yea, he deserves at least some of the credit for holding the best running back in the game to 69 yards rushing. One of which was for 29 yards. That means only 40 yards on 17 carries the rest of the game, which means AP was stuffed at the line all day.

Christian Snyder
10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
what is this? bitching after a win? i've never seen that before. If the Steelers don't score 100 points and shutout the opposing team, people complain. They should just be happy that we are 5-2 instead, they complain because we're not 7-0. It's very annoying. :banging::banging::mad:

fansince'76
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
If we had lost, we'd all be b****ing and moaning about it today.

No, if we'd have lost, the idiots calling for Reed to be cut would be calling for Mendenhall to be cut instead.

AllD
10-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Two unusual penalties by Hampton. I heard that coach T was going to limit him to only 3 trips to the buffet as punishment.

ricksteelers55
10-26-2009, 02:31 PM
trust me you will miss his ''encroachments''(although i would instead give credit to Favre's silent count) next year if he leaves steeltown

The_WARDen
10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
What a bum! Cut him!

Shoes
10-26-2009, 02:55 PM

Favre had one of these under the ball.. :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/thumbnailaspx-1.jpg

OneForTheToe
10-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Favre had one of these under the ball.. :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/thumbnailaspx-1.jpg

I beg to differ. It was one of these.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/vond0057/architecture/images/cheeseburger.jpg

steeltheone
10-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Win or not...3x is to much for a vet..Get em' next game Casey!

Christian Snyder
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I beg to differ. It was one of these.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/vond0057/architecture/images/cheeseburger.jpg
:chuckle::rofl::toofunny::sofunny:

Preacher
10-28-2009, 02:48 AM
No, if we'd have lost, the idiots calling for Reed to be cut would be calling for Mendenhall to be cut instead.

Didn't Ben fumble a ball? You KNOW it isn't too late for THAT bandwagon to start up again!

psusteelers4life
10-28-2009, 03:00 AM
not sticking up for Hamp but if you go back to the one time he did jump I remember seeing the center move his left hand and forearm and flinch like he was gonna snap the ball and start blocking... you could catch the center doing that when they replayed it to show Hamp jumping offsides. the center twitched his arm that didnt have the ball they never called it and in turn that twitch made Hamp jump...I dont know if anyone else caught that or not. no excuse the ball is in front of his face...no bellyaching here shit happens its part of the game .

solardave
10-28-2009, 04:16 AM
That guy was offsides like he invented it. Seems like every game has its weird quirk that it spits out, and that was it this time. It's not like this happens every week.

We have to keep the experts talking about how we're flawed and having SB hangover and all that. That's if we even get mentioned. After all you have Manning and Brady beating up on winless teams. THEY ARE GREAT!!!:jerkit::jerkit:

Steelers & I
10-28-2009, 05:06 AM
not sticking up for Hamp but if you go back to the one time he did jump I remember seeing the center move his left hand and forearm and flinch like he was gonna snap the ball and start blocking... you could catch the center doing that when they replayed it to show Hamp jumping offsides. the center twitched his arm that didnt have the ball they never called it and in turn that twitch made Hamp jump...I dont know if anyone else caught that or not. no excuse the ball is in front of his face...no bellyaching here shit happens its part of the game .

That's what I was going to say, he only jumped once. The other calls were neutral zone infractions, flagged because his helmet was in the neutral zone. Casey Hampton didn't line up any different last week than he does any other week. Last weeks officiating crew for whatever reason decided to make those chicken $hit calls.

Kaeg
10-28-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure if it was any of the times Hampton jumped, but I'm sure I saw about twice where the center raised his head up in a deliberate fashion and caused the jumps and we got the flag. Isn't that a false start? I'm not extremely educated on the finer points of the rules, but I was expecting those times for it to be a false start penalty rather than an encroachment.

djay
10-28-2009, 07:33 AM
I'd have paid more attention to this post had the poster NOT butchered the word 'EGREGIOUS' !!!!:wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure if it was any of the times Hampton jumped, but I'm sure I saw about twice where the center raised his head up in a deliberate fashion and caused the jumps and we got the flag. Isn't that a false start? I'm not extremely educated on the finer points of the rules, but I was expecting those times for it to be a false start penalty rather than an encroachment.

That raising of the head is more of an accepted signal used in every team as a silent count thru the NFL. Its become accepted movement.

Notice on that play though, how the center flexes his left hand before the snap...........THAT is an old trick that O linemen use to get aggressive D linemen to try and jump on a hard count.

As for bitching about a couple 5 yard offside penalties in WINS the past 2 weeks............cant we go back to complaining about block letters instead?? :doh:

SteelMember
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Notice on that play though, how the center flexes his left hand before the snap...........THAT is an old trick that O linemen use to get aggressive D linemen to try and jump on a hard count.

That goes right along with the QB bobbing his head on the hard count. Some guys just get away with it more than others. *cough* Favre *cough*

As for the numbers, The new ones are "slimming". They're just not working out for Casey. :chuckle: