PDA

View Full Version : AFC North- 3 playoff teams?

steelerchad
10-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking there is a real possiblility that both wildcards could come from the North.
When you look at the other divisions I think that they each have 1 really good team and then blah for the rest of the division. Our division this year seems to have 3 solid teams.
If you look at the standings right now the Ravens would be left out. But I would say they are significantly better than the teams they are competing with for that spot.
Texans, Jets, Chargers.

Fire Haley
10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Ratbirds play Denver and Cincy next two games - if they lose them - they are toast.

CantStop85
10-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Pittsburgh and Cincy should make it...the Ravens' chances are looking bleak though.

tyler289
10-27-2009, 12:32 PM
The Raven's schedule is brutal. They really have to step it up if they want to make it. 3 teams from one division is really difficult.

Dino 6 Rings
10-27-2009, 12:37 PM
The Ravens would really have to Step up their game to make the playoffs at this point of have the Bengals have a total collapse.

Steelers 5-2
Bengals 5-2
Pats 5-2
Colts 6-0
Broncos 6-0

That's five teams already in front. Only 6 teams get in.

Jets are 4-3 and the Texans are 4-3. Chargers and Ravens are tied at 3-3.

At this point, the Ravens will really need to win the next two games, Broncos and Bengals. If they split and are at 4-4 they are in serious trouble. At this point they are against the Jets, Texans and Chargers for that final WC spot. If they go on a 10 game winning streak sure, they will get in, but if they keep playing crap ball the way they have been, goin down early in games, having their defense let them down week in and week out, and refusing to run the ball like they did last year, they are going to struggle to get to .500, nevermind the playoffs.

Steelboy84
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Cinci will fold late in the season. Steelers and Ravens (ugh) get in.

SteelerFanInStl
10-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't see the Ravens getting in. Their defense just isn't good enough this year.

Jmat
10-27-2009, 02:02 PM
The Ravens are more interested in kissing Ray Lewis's ass and letting him go through his histrionics than in being a winning team. Now that they have a decent offense the defense is too old and relying more on their thug reputation than talent.

The problem the Bungles will have is dealing with success. They've never been good at that.

Mags87
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
i dont see why you think that the ravens are better than the jets (or the texans for that matter). the ravens havent really beaten a solid opponent yet: Cleveland, KC, and SD. they have losses to: Cincy, MN, and NE. the jets have shown signs of competence in beating the pats. and i honestly dont think the texans are all that bad. not too mention they get bonus points from me for beating the bungles last week.
Now Cincy as much as i dont like to admit are in pretty good shape. for the rest of the schedule, they have Bal, us, MN, SD, and the jets as their tougher games (according to how things are going so far). in all seriousness they have a really legit shot at winning 10-12 games this year.

Christian Snyder
10-27-2009, 03:13 PM
The Steelers and Bengals will be in the playoffs.... The Ravens chances are looking bleak (at this point).

:tt04:

AllD
10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Cinci will fold late in the season. Steelers and Ravens (ugh) get in.

2 out of 3 get in. Cincy has a better shot over the Ravens because they have a better running game right now. Anything could happen though. The Ravens and Bungles are both famous for their end of season swoons.

steelerchad
12-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking there is a real possiblility that both wildcards could come from the North.
When you look at the other divisions I think that they each have 1 really good team and then blah for the rest of the division. Our division this year seems to have 3 solid teams.
If you look at the standings right now the Ravens would be left out. But I would say they are significantly better than the teams they are competing with for that spot.
Texans, Jets, Chargers.

This is looking possible again.