PDA

View Full Version : Denver Bottleneck.

Edman
10-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Ryan Clark seems to not be the only one with issues playing here.

With the exception of the 2005 AFC Championship, the Steelers have had a hard time beating Denver lately.

2003- Lost 17-14 in Denver
2006- Lost 31-20 in Pittsburgh. SIX turnovers kills a 400+ effort by Ben.
2007- Lost 31-28 in Denver. Made Denver D look like Steel Curtain. Couldn't stop Cutler on D.

And it's not going to get any easier this time. This time Denver is actually a surprisingly good team. Kyle Orton is managing things and their D has an attitude.

fansince'76
10-27-2009, 12:05 PM
There's a really bad bottleneck at I-225 and Parker Road I have to drive through every day. Oh, never mind - different kind of "Denver bottleneck." :chuckle:

On a serious note, this will be the first Monday night football game I've ever been to in person, so I'm looking forward to it. :tt:

The_WARDen
10-27-2009, 12:08 PM
with the excpetion of the 2006 game, they're 1-2 in Denver with the 2 loses being a FG each (even with a 6 turnover game).

:thumbsup:

steelreserve
10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
There's a really bad bottleneck at I-225 and Parker Road I have to drive through every day.

AHA!

Coincidence? I think not.

fansince'76
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
AHA!

Coincidence? I think not.

I walked right into that one. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

randy06
10-27-2009, 01:04 PM
The past is the past worry about here and now.

stlrtruck
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
That bottleneck may be for Denver. They play the ratbirds the week before they play us, and then us coming off a BYE week. Seems like the abuse is going to come quickly. While the ratbirds seem to be mediocre at best this year, they still bring the hammer.

AllD
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
We strolled into Denver in the 2005 playoffs and beat Jake the Snake. Game was over in the thrid quarter. I think we went on to win a couple more road games after that.

tube517
10-27-2009, 04:03 PM
The good news: Tomlin is 10-1 in primetime games.

The bad news: The only loss was in Denver (as you pointed out).

Dino 6 Rings
10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
When we lost to Cutler it was the same year we lost to the Jets and Cardinals in the regular season. We were losing to teams we shouldn't have lost to that year, Denver Included.

I fear NOT the Broncos!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

We are going to break their wills and bring that rookie coach back to reality! Pretty sure we destroyed his offense last year when he was coaching another team.

T&B fan
10-27-2009, 04:41 PM
That bottleneck may be for Denver. They play the ratbirds the week before they play us, and then us coming off a BYE week. Seems like the abuse is going to come quickly. While the ratbirds seem to be mediocre at best this year, they still bring the hammer.

I can here it now ... yea the steelers only win big games after the ratbirds have soffened them up :chuckle: ...

Preacher
10-27-2009, 04:47 PM
I actually am hoping that Denver loses to the Ravens.

We get to put two losses in the Raven's record. We are definitely in the driver's seat there.

However, If we are in a three way tie with Denver for home field advantage, then we need common games won/loss record possibly. If we beat the Ravens and Denver loses to them, then we are in good shape, since a three way tie looks at all head to head games.

NJarhead
10-27-2009, 05:03 PM
*uck Coors. Wait....what?

stlrtruck
10-28-2009, 07:57 AM
I can here it now ... yea the steelers only win big games after the batbirds have soffened them up :chuckle: ...

Yeah, they can make all the excuses they want. Bottom line is good teams win the tough games.

T&B fan
10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, they can make all the excuses they want. Bottom line is good teams win the tough games.

I am with you one that one for sure... and good teams also win with or without the refs help ....IMO the refs have made a lot of bad calls some for us and alot not .

sharkweek
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
We strolled into Denver in the 2005 playoffs and beat Jake the Snake. Game was over in the thrid quarter. I think we went on to win a couple more road games after that.

that was the AFC Championship game, the only "road' game after that was Superbowl XL, where it was a neutral site and with most of the fans in black and gold...

4xSBChamps
10-28-2009, 02:22 PM
any-team that wears those horrid throw-back uniforms, deserves to get their heads flattened by 'em Stillers

The Lakelander
10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
There's a really bad bottleneck at I-225 and Parker Road I have to drive through every day. Oh, never mind - different kind of "Denver bottleneck." :chuckle:

On a serious note, this will be the first Monday night football game I've ever been to in person, so I'm looking forward to it. :tt:

Awesome! Have a great time!

Wear a red wig or something easy to spot you on camera with!

stlrtruck
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
that was the AFC Championship game, the only "road' game after that was Superbowl XL, where it was a neutral site and with most of the fans in black and gold...

One correction, while SB XL was supposedly at a neutral site, there's no way in hell that could be considered neutral with the percentage of black and gold filling the stands! :tt04:

4xSBChamps
10-28-2009, 04:02 PM
that was the AFC Championship game, the only "road' game after that was Superbowl XL, where it was a neutral site and with most of the fans in black and gold...One correction, while SB XL was supposedly at a neutral site, there's no way in hell that could be considered neutral with the percentage of black and gold filling the stands! :tt04:
'technically', 'em Stillers were the home team in SB40, as the AFC representative is designated as the home team in odd-numbered years:
Cowher decided to have the team wear their Whites after winning consecutive road playoff games at Cinci, Indy, and Denver

HometownGal
10-28-2009, 04:04 PM

Exactly and Jake was, imho, a better QB than Kyle Orton.

I take no team for granted and I'm sure not going to start with the Broncs, but I think the Steelers will take it to 'em in Mile High.

LVSteelersfan
10-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Orton is highly playing over his head. The Ravens and Steelers Ds will bring him back to earth. Not worried about them. Every game is winnable. This one has a soso Qb at best. Just gotta keep the ball away from Champ Bailey. That guy and Ed Reed are poison. Just gotta get the ball out fast and work our way down the field. We do that, and this game is pretty much over. Orton is not that great.

Edman
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Well, the Ravens brought Denver back to earth. Orton was exposed by a Raven D that was shredded by the Bengals and Vikings.

Now the Denver game just got even tougher. I didn't want them to lose to the Ravens.

steeltheone
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I agree...getting slaughtered by the Ravens, was not what i wanted to see. I still think they are overrated....We shall see.