PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben and the late hit

T&B fan
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
has anyone got info on to how much the fine will be from the NFL for the late hit (head speare )in the back that was layed on Ben as he was going out a bounds ??
Ben did not look to happy when it was over .

stillers4me
10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
I hope it's big one.

He was livid. If Brady* would have been hit like that, the guy would have been ejected.

Psyychoward86
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
I dont know. But Lamaar Woodley had a late hit on Brett Favre himself that we were lucky not to get penalized on

fansince'76
10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
I hope it's big one.

He was livid. If Brady* would have been hit like that, the guy would have been castrated and then executed, in that order.

Fixed.

TackleMeBen
10-27-2009, 06:51 PM
I hope it's big one.

He was livid. If Brady* would have been hit like that, the guy would have been ejected.
not only would he have been ejected from the game, goodell would have then suspended indefinately also :chuckle:.

i dont think i have ever seen ben get that peed about being hit, good to know that he has some fire in him, i would put my money on ben beating the dude down though :wink02:

Nadroj 20
10-27-2009, 06:51 PM
I dont know. But Lamaar Woodley had a late hit on Brett Favre himself that we were lucky not to get penalized on

I got very uncomfortable FAST when i saw that.....since it was on old man Favre so i thought they were calling something for sure

Just glad they didnt

steelwalls
10-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Dont kow the answer to the post, but I can say this.... (I know Im a Homer) but teams get away with ALOT of questionable hits on Ben IMO, some blatent......yeah yeah..the haters will say that it's due to the way he plays...BS... the rules are clear on late hits.

iloveben7
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Dont kow the answer to the post, but I can say this.... (I know Im a Homer) but teams get away with ALOT of questionable hits on Ben IMO, some blatent......yeah yeah..the haters will say that it's due to the way he plays...BS... the rules are clear on late hits.

I agree with you a 100%. Ben probably gets hit like this more than once a game and hardly any of them are ever called, but they would be called on Brady or Manning. And that's what they all say too because Ben is so tough.
I hope the guy gets a huge fine for this

AllD
10-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Somebody with mean intentions misses Brady and there is still a flag.

HometownGal
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
He was livid. If Brady* would have been hit like that, the guy would have been castrated and then executed, in that order.

:laughing: :rofl: :laughing:

Ben is just one tough hombre. He's like one of those punch clowns where you knock him down and he bounces right back. Must frustrate the living shit out of opposing D's. :thumbsup:

I haven't heard anything about a fine, but dude definitely should have one levied on him. That was as CHEAP as it gets. :mad:

tyler289
10-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't think he should be fined.

WIKDCUT
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, that hit was cheap. Alot of the garbage roughing the passer calls this year, were as stupid as you can get. Brady comes to mind:crying02:

If anyone even looks at Brady with a menacing demeanor, they get flagged. If anyone gets near, Brady, Manning, Brees it's a penalty. Trent Edwards about got ripped in half a few weeks ago and no penalty. Only select QBs get the roughing calls.

devilsdancefloor
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
My money is on NO fine cause he wasnt wearing black and gold

Steelers & I
10-28-2009, 12:35 AM
The NFL has probably posted a bounty on Ben Roethlisberger because they want him out to ensure that the Patriots will win it all this year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I think it was the intent of launching at Ben that pissed him off. There wasnt much contact and the play might see a $5000 fine.

I would have loved to see Colon or Kemo come in and clean house like a hockey enforcer or like Jack Lambert after the Gerela missed FG. A little fronteir justice would have been appropriate. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
10-28-2009, 04:39 AM
I don't think he should be fined.

I don't know why you think he shouldn't be fined. Ben was stepping out of bounds when this guy left his feet and went at Ben with his helmet first. That could have costed us Ben for the year. It was a cheap shot.

T&B fan
10-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I think it was the intent of launching at Ben that pissed him off. There wasnt much contact and the play might see a $5000 fine.

I would have loved to see Colon or Kemo come in and clean house like a hockey enforcer or like Jack Lambert after the Gerela missed FG. A little fronteir justice would have been appropriate. :thumbsup:

your right there was not alot of contact but intent was to take him out ( IMO )

one of the best ,loved it . seen a replay of it just this summer .. :thumbsup: with all the Jeff Reed post anyone recall the play last yr when he went after a guy for running over the holder ??? it reminded me of the Lambert play alittle ..

and yes it would have been very cool to see Kemo kick some butt :tt02:

Glace
10-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm actually pretty sick of fines, so no, don't fine the guy.

Ben is ok, and the vikings got the penalty.

It's hypocritical for us to complain about BS fines and then ask for one in this case.

It's football.

steelreserve
10-28-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope it's big one.

He was livid. If Brady* would have been hit like that, the guy would have been castrated and then executed in an extremely gay fashion, in that order.

Fixed again for further accuracy.

steelreserve
10-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh .. and I honestly don't remember the play too well, but I doubt I'd think there should be a fine. That bullshit should be reserved for blatant dirty plays. Not for late hits out of bounds, and not for being too aggressive, and not for some dumb touchdown celebration, or any of that type of stuff.

Preacher
10-28-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm actually pretty sick of fines, so no, don't fine the guy.

Ben is ok, and the vikings got the penalty.

It's hypocritical for us to complain about BS fines and then ask for one in this case.

It's football.

I think the understanding is, if you ARE going to fine us for everything, then fine others as well.

T&B fan
10-30-2009, 05:53 PM
I think the understanding is, if you ARE going to fine us for everything, then fine others as well.

well it looks like no fine ,its end of the week and I have seen nothing . :helmet:
so Preacher its NOT going to be equal ,as is the norm for us :banging:

stb_steeler
10-30-2009, 07:34 PM

If Lambert was still playing there wouldnt be any hesitation. He would have cleaned his clock.... I miss old school football!