PDA

View Full Version : Which was better-Colts game 95 or 05?

3 to be 4
01-22-2006, 06:25 AM
I always like to find out how fans of other teams feel about their own history.
I've always felt one of the most underated all time great games i ever saw was the 1995 AFC Championship Game. And THAT one had a heart attack ending for Steeler fans too that came up ok. This week ive heard how this years Colts game was a classic.
How do you guys compare the games. of course, the 1995 game meant a trip to the Super Bowl.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-22-2006, 08:57 AM
I always like to find out how fans of other teams feel about their own history.
I've always felt one of the most underated all time great games i ever saw was the 1995 AFC Championship Game. And THAT one had a heart attack ending for Steeler fans too that came up ok. This week ive heard how this years Colts game was a classic.
How do you guys compare the games. of course, the 1995 game meant a trip to the Super Bowl.

I was AT that game when Harbaugh threw that pass. The entire 3 Rivers held a breath I think.

I think both games are classic in their own right. This year, I think was different though, because if we lost, it was going to be to the REFS, which is sooooooooooo wrong. I'm gonna have to make my vote for this game this year. We worked hard and had to EARN everything we got this year, and for it to end like that was awful. Aside from the last 5 minutes of heart attacks, the first 55 minutes were beautiful. We proved everyone wrong, not just for beating the Colts, but that Ben isn't just a manager of the game.

Stlrs4Life
01-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Even though we went on to the SB that year, it was still heart wrenching watching that pass in the air. It seemed like hours in the air. I remember sitting at my seat, actually kneeling in the row, thinking, OMG, not again! So I would have to say last weeks game was better.

BB2W
01-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I would have to say this past Sundays game was better. :twocents:

Man_Of_Steel
01-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I would have to say this past Sundays game was better. :twocents:

I agree. Going in as huge underdogs made even more special. Nobody, I mean nobody, nobody gave the Steelers a chance. They dominated that game from start to finish. If it weren't for poor refereeing in that game, it would have been a blowout.

Last weeks game was sweeter then the 1995 game.