PDA

View Full Version : The Blindside

Steel-Bryan
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
A new movie based on Baltimore ravens Lineman Michael Oher. Dont know when its gunna come out but i just saw a commercial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blind_Side:_Evolution_of_a_Game

Nadroj 20
10-27-2009, 10:10 PM
This movie looks REALLY good, cant wait to go watch it.

tony hipchest
10-27-2009, 10:30 PM
i just saw the commercial today also. pretty strong cast. ive been interested in the book based on el-gonzo's recommendation and am impressed it was made into a movie. :thumbsup:

i wont go to the theaters for it but will most likely get it on disk when its released.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
I can't wait to see this movie, it looks real good. It's got a very good storyline to it, which makes it better than just being about football.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-28-2009, 12:03 AM
I normally like movies made from books, but I honestly don't know how it can be better than the Michael Lewis book. The book has so many layers from the evolution of the LT position, The history of Oher's guardian Sean Tuohy as a Ole Miss point guard to his wife's seemingly indominable spirit............and that doesnt even start to describe Oher's past, good luck and development as a student, athlete and young man.

I will for sure see the movie, but think its an inevitable........"the book was better" judgement.

Preacher
10-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I normally like movies made from books, but I honestly don't know how it can be better than the Michael Lewis book. The book has so many layers from the evolution of the LT position, The history of Oher's guardian Sean Tuohy as a Ole Miss point guard to his wife's seemingly indominable spirit............and that doesnt even start to describe Oher's past, good luck and development as a student, athlete and young man.

I will for sure see the movie, but think its an inevitable........"the book was better" judgement.

I hate to say this, but I can't remember one movie that I thought even equaled the book.

Ravnet
10-28-2009, 09:10 AM

Isn't that true with every book made into a movie?

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Isn't that true with every book made into a movie?

Maybe you guys are right. It just seems so cliche. Go buy the book kids!!!! reading IS fundamental. :chuckle:

Nevermore
10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
The story in the book is good, but the analysis of how Lawrence Taylor changed the linebacker position and created the multi-million dollar demand for the left tackle is absolutely fascinating. It is almost two great books in one. Highly recommend it!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Just saw a review of the movie. Sounds like it was a big departure from the book. Both AO Scott and Michael Phillips of "At the Movies" suggested it was a skip. I'll now probably wait until it goes to DVD. The book was GREAT!!!

http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/atm/index.html

MasterOfPuppets
11-24-2009, 08:20 PM
I hate to say this, but I can't remember one movie that I thought even equaled the book.

how bout spiderman...i thought it was better than the book ....:noidea:

Godfather
11-24-2009, 08:25 PM
how bout spiderman...i thought it was better than the book ....:noidea:

I'd guess that any kind of horror/thriller story would be better as a movie because that's where special effects add the most.

MasterOfPuppets
11-24-2009, 09:01 PM
I'd guess that any kind of horror/thriller story would be better as a movie because that's where special effects add the most.

:uhh: actually that was kind of a joke.... spiderman wasn't really a book . i thought maybe a "captain obvious" , would point that out...:noidea:

4xSBChamps
11-25-2009, 05:44 AM
Fiancee enjoys Sandra Bullock flicks, and is on-vacation this week, so we are planning to go later this dayas part of our 'dinner & a movie' ritual

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/SandraBullockTheBlindSide-2.jpg

besides, Bullock as a blonde in a dress can't be all-bad

:wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Fiancee enjoys Sandra Bullock flicks, and is on-vacation this week, so we are planning to go later this dayas part of our 'dinner & a movie' ritual

besides, Bullock as a blonde in a dress can't be all-bad

:wink02:
I hear ya. There can be a lot worse date movies to goto. FYI, my wife's coworker saw it and she liked it.

The knock on the film is that it seems to be centered around Bulloch's character(Leanne Tuohy) and not Oher. While the book focuses on Oher and his journey from the description of the authors interviews with Sean Tuohy.

anyways, enjoy the dinner and a movie!! If you are not hung up on blondes....rent Bad Santa, as Lauren Graham has a great performance in it. :thumbsup: