PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn "official bust" Jr.

tony hipchest
10-27-2009, 09:50 PM
word is miami secretly wishes the trade deadline were this week so they could call the ravens and desperately beg them to take ginn off of their hands. they now regret not selling high after he actually caught a ball on MNF 2 weeks ago. now that he is in the doghouse it is likely he will ride the pine in a reserve/3-4 wr role, and the dolphins will cut their losses after the 09 season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/611/story/1301566-p2.html

If you want a microcosm for this demoralizing defeat, let Sparano off the hook for a second and look to a more proper goat:

Ted Ginn Jr.

Sparano's mistake was a one-time thing that cost Miami momentum but not the game.

Ginn is the gift that keeps on not giving. He is the 2007 Cam Cameron-regime draft misstep that continues to haunt and hurt Miami.

It is time for Sparano and Bill Parcells to pull the plug on Ginn and at least admit he does not deserve the starting job he continues to be handed and must earn it back.

Ginn, the fastest receiver on the squad but someone unable to consistently get open, had eight passes thrown his way Sunday and caught two for a negligible 16 yards.

It was the damage he did when not catching the ball that killed the Dolphins.

Everybody is obsessing about Sparano's timeout late in the second quarter -- how about Ginn's gaffe early in the third?

`A VERY GOOD THROW'

Third-and-11, Chad Henne throws deep left for Ginn, who sees the ball go off his hands and watches it returned 42 yards for a touchdown by Saint Darren Sharper.

``I thought it was a very good throw,'' Sparano admitted.

In other words, a pass that Ginn should have caught for a huge first down instead was a pick-six for which Henne was blameless, a crushing turnaround.

Ginn had two other drops by my count, and that's not even counting one deep pass that he cowered from rather than fought for. Let's not even get into the time he daintily stepped out of bounds one yard shy of a first down.

Sparano had been asked about Ginn's big drops after the game Sunday and had said, ``Today he had some opportunities. We'll coach the heck out of it and try to get the guy better.''

A day later, asked about Ginn's failings again, Sparano did the coaching tap-dance. Tony is so forthright, so detailed. Usually. Except when he's pulling a muscle bending over backward to not fricassee a player publicly. That's when something like this comes out:

``Well, I thought some of the situations, right now, that have occurred [with Ginn] have been, quite honestly, circumstances.''

Huh?

``In other words,'' Sparano elaborated, ``what I mean by that is, there is a lot of things that go into some of these things.''

OK then.

In other words, and these are my words, Ginn isn't very good but his head coach can't say that.

``I think Ted is a young guy who is getting better, has been improving along the way and just didn't have a real good ballgame yesterday.''

CUT YOUR LOSSES

When those not-real-good games far outnumber the games in which a draft's ninth overall pick plays to that level, well, I dunno, it might be time for a team to eat its loss and try something else.

Journeymen Davone Bess and Greg Camarillo are consistently more productive than Ginn. And, based on Sunday's effort, rookie Brian Hartline probably deserves to start getting more of the snaps wasted on Ginn.

The problem is, more opposing defenses will start doing what the Saints did to Miami on Sunday: stacking up to stop the run and daring Miami to pass, gambling that single-coverage will be enough against a Dolphins receiving corps that presents nobody to cause a cornerback the slightest indigestion.

Ginn is supposed to be the answer there, the go-to guy, the game-breaker. Instead he keeps presenting him oppositely, as the frail, undersized wideout who is the physical antithesis of the tough team Miami wants to be.

This isn't scapegoating Ginn or putting Sunday's collapse all on him. But if you like things simple and neat with your blame, well, you can have that one bad timeout.

I'll take the No. 1 draft pick who continues to not be what the Dolphins thought they were getting and so desperately need.

good call revs...

Oh boy...

Ted Ginn Jr.

Know the name. You'll be hearing a LOT of it for the next 15 years, and maybe for another 15 after that.

:chuckle:- irony.

AllD
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Nick Saban, before Cameron, would chase college players he could not sign when he was coaching NCAA. WRs can be so unpredictable in the draft like QBs and other skilled positions. Just because you excel in college does not necessarily translate to the NFL.

Look at all the hype surrounding Stafford and Sanchez before the draft. Crabtree might work out after a lengthy holdout. We have our "Sweed". Will be interesting to see how high Tebow goes.

Nadroj 20
10-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Ted Ginn drops too many passes and if HE is considered there #1 i feel really bad for them

IMO a guy that needs to get thrown to more and i think could be a really good possession WR is Brian Hartline, at least he catches almost everything thrown his way, his buckeye buddy fails to do that.

KeiselPower99
10-27-2009, 11:48 PM
And to think they couldve had Brady Quinn.

tony hipchest
10-27-2009, 11:57 PM
And to think they couldve had Brady Quinn.

...another bust.

tim couch walking.

SteelMember
10-28-2009, 08:31 AM
I think we made off with the better OSU receiver.

stlrtruck
10-28-2009, 08:47 AM
One of my best friends is a dolphins fan and he loathes Ted Ginn Jr. He says that he has no idea how to play WR, he drops too many balls, and he's afraid to get hit. He can't wait for him to be out of a dolphins uniform.

AllD
10-28-2009, 10:34 AM
You can teach a rookie to run routes. You can teach him to block. You can teach him how to avoid direct hits. It's difficult to teach him the basic fundamentals of catching. He can either put it all together between his brain, eyes, and hands when the ball is thrown to him, or he cannot.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-28-2009, 10:51 AM
I am one that thought the Dolphins should have taken Brady Quinn instead of Ginn that draft year. I still think Quinn will be a good NFL QB, but he needs to get out of Cleveland if he is gonna have any kind of success. As for Ginn, he always seemed like a more accomplished KR than WR and was selected too high IMO.

arge5809
10-28-2009, 10:53 AM
...another bust.

tim couch walking.

Give the guy a chance... he is on the Browns afterall ...

:rofl: :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
10-28-2009, 06:11 PM
who's ted ginn....:huh:

stlrtruck
10-29-2009, 08:26 AM

It's a new version of the gin and tonic. Looks good and even the first drink tastes awesome, then after that it just loses flavor.

revefsreleets
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
good call revs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim View Post
Oh boy...

Ted Ginn Jr.

Know the name. You'll be hearing a LOT of it for the next 15 years, and maybe for another 15 after that.
- irony.

Obsess much weirdo?

Anyway, I went back (in response to this) and found some of your gems from the past...some predictions about players from you preceding the '07 draft...interesting stuff.

Brian Leonard. In 2 1/2 years he has 91 carries for 321 yards. You predicted he could be "the next Jerome Bettis". FAIL.

You called Dwayne Jarrett “A taller Jerry Rice”: In 2 ½ seasons he has 19 catches for 218 yards and 0 TD’s. No WONDER you like Sweed so much! FAIL

Jacoby Jones: “Has Steelers written all over him”. “He could be like T.O. out of Chattanooga”. In 2 ½ years he has 26 catches for 365 yards and 3 TD’s. 3 TD’s? And you liked him? That’s an awful lot of TD production for a Tony backed WR…FAIL.

Ginn hasn't been stellar, BUT his stat line is miles ahead of all three combined (and I only spent about 5 minutes looking....I could probably find many more horrifically awful predictions of yours if I was so inclined)...

In 2.5 years, Ginn has:

108 catches for 1421 yards(respectable 13.2 per)
67 of those catches were for 1st downs
5TD's

He ALSO has:
103 KR's for 2280 yards (22.1 average)

AND 33 PR's for 293 (8.9 average)
1 PR for TD

He also plays for a bad team with a new QB that runs the ball 70% of the time. He was never a real WR to begin with, and the learning curve was always going to be long for him. Notice I said FIFTEEN YEARS?

Anyway, Sweed is a fail, and so are you. Stop pathetically stalking old posts of mine....

Indo
10-29-2009, 04:20 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10453

or, you could look at his own website:

http://www.tedginnonline.com/

(you weren't being sarcastic were you? Sorry, if that's the case---I'm just an idiot!)

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2009, 04:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10453

or, you could look at his own website:

http://www.tedginnonline.com/

(you weren't being sarcastic were you? Sorry, if that's the case---I'm just an idiot!)yes i was being sarcastic....:popcorn:

Indo
10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
yes i was being sarcastic....:popcorn:

sorry...I'm a douche...
We REALLY need the "Sarcasm Smiley" for the slow ones like me...

tony hipchest
10-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Anyway, I went back (in response to this) and found some of your gems from the past...some predictions about players from you preceding the '07 draft...interesting stuff.

:sofunny: must be fun in fantasy land. i see you provided no links or actual quotes just bolded "you said's....".

but then that might expose you as a liar, right?

HILARIOUS! none of the deflection or detraction takes away from the fact that sparano has demoted ginn and reduced his playing time, and the fans think he is a puss that needs to be cut.

the third year is when a wr usually comes into his own. we saw it with santonio last year.

4 dropped balls in 1 game. :chuckle: = loss.

He also plays for a bad team

its a bad team because hes on it and the 1 and done head coach who drafted him went 1-15 and quickly got the boot.

they were the division winners last year. parcells would trade ginn and a 5th round pick for sweed in a heartbeat if he could.

but youre right in one aspect- they certainly will talk about ginn 15-30 years from now...

much like the steelers talk about drafting rivera instead of marino in '83.

BUST defined. :hatsoff:

cubanstogie
10-29-2009, 07:09 PM
I would take Ginn bust or not right now over Sweed. I am sure his salary is slightly higher though.

revefsreleets
10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm not going to the trouble of posting all your quotes, as that is a little bit of extra work I'm not interested in doing. They are all there in the War Room forum, circa 2007 draft. There were more, but what's the point? You obsess over me, not vice versa, 3rd stringer...

Anyway, Sweed busting out is what this all really about anyway...and nothing you post can or will change that...

43Hitman
10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm not going to the trouble of posting all your quotes, as that is a little bit of extra work I'm not interested in doing. They are all there in the War Room forum, circa 2007 draft. There were more, but what's the point? You obsess over me, not vice versa, 3rd stringer...

Anyway, Sweed busting out is what this all really about anyway...and nothing you post can or will change that...

So you are willing to stick to your guns on Gin Jr. but refuse to be patient with Sweed. Okay. Your credibility is going down fast man.

revefsreleets
10-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Ginn had 34 catches his rookie season. He ALSO contributed in the KR and PR game. He had 56 catches last year. He's about on track for that this year as well. He has 108 catches SO far and he's still playing every week.

Sweed, in 1.5 years, has 7 catches for 69 yards. He hasn't even DRESSED for the last two weeks.

108 plus KR and PR duties over 2.5 years >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7 catches for 69, one PR for 0 yards and a fumble over 1.5 years.

At what point will you guys give up the "Sweed dream" and start facing reality? Even if Ginn busts out (which is doubtful, he'll probably just end up being a solid #2), the matter is TOTALLY irrelevant to Sweed. This whole thread is Tony trying to bust me down for a prediction I made about Ted Ginn. In fact, given his new weird cyber-stalking fascination with me, he's actually starting to become quite the creeper....

Aussie_steeler
10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
At what point will you guys give up the "Sweed dream" and start facing reality?

The reality I face with Limas Sweed is

7/25/2008:
Signed a four-year, $3.265 million contract. The deal included a $1.56 million signing bonus.
2009: $385,000,
2010: $470,000,
2011: $555,000,
2012: Free Agent

Based on those numbers I think the earliest I give up on Sweed is 2011 if he is not offered a RFA tender. Until then he is squad member. Touch wood - but if someone gets injured he will be needed at some stage even if he is sitting #5 on the current depth chart. I hadnt given up hope for Bruce Davis until he was actually cut. Sweed gets the same level of respect from me.

Sorry but no matter how much you lobby for us to give up on him, I cant.

PS: I lobbied for Adarius Bowman a few years ago so my track record with drafting WR's carries zero credit. Thats why I will back the steeler FO with their call until they give up on him.

revefsreleets
10-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Or he'll be cut next year....or after this season. Then the decision will be made for you....

Aussie_steeler
10-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Or he'll be cut next year....or after this season. Then the decision will be made for you....

I can live with that scenario if and when it eventuates.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
looks like the blind squirrel has found a nut.

ginn being benched and not being thrown to nets 2 100 yd KO td's. i guess 2 jobs is just too much for the dunce.

since ginn never was a real wr, it looks like solid #2 is out of the question, but he may have a dante hall roll in his future.

spending the 9th pick overall for hall production still = bust.

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 06:05 PM
looks like the blind squirrel has found a nut.

ginn being benched and not being thrown to nets 2 100 yd KO td's. i guess 2 jobs is just too much for the dunce.

since ginn never was a real wr, it looks like solid #2 is out of the question, but he may have a dante hall roll in his future.

spending the 9th pick overall for hall production still = bust.

glass always half empty, instead of giving a guy props for a phenomenal day you $hit on him, to justify you calling him a bust. Its not always about you and right and wrong Tony.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 06:51 PM
glass always half empty, instead of giving a guy props for a phenomenal day you $hit on him, to justify you calling him a bust. Its not always about you and right and wrong Tony.
i think he may have found his nich and saved his job in miami. once he learns some wildcat he may be up to joshua cribbs lever.

what??? you expect me to bow down and worship him like some others here?

get real. :rolleyes: ...and get a room already, or dont worry about telling me who i should give "props" to.

i didnt notice you telling others to give brady props for his phenomenal day a few weeks back. :noidea:

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 07:04 PM
i think he may have found his nich and saved his job in miami. once he learns some wildcat he may be up to joshua cribbs lever.

what??? you expect me to bow down and worship him like some others here?

get real. :rolleyes: ...and get a room already, or dont worry about telling me who i should give "props" to.

i didnt notice you telling others to give brady props for his phenomenal day a few weeks back. :noidea:

don't be so sensitive, I didn't tell you to give him props. I noticed how you couldn't give him props, instead you had to build your argument about him still being a bust. I would never tell you what to do, I would be wasting my breath. Brady doesn't need props, although no one here likes a$$ chin I don't think anyone would call him a bust.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 08:36 PM
are you comparing a 6th round pick who has won 3 super bowls and set nfl passing records to a number 9 overall pick, who has steadilly regressed and relegated to special team duties?

i notice you haven sung the praises of tom brady, p manning, or c. johnson either. what gives?

if youre a t. ginn fan, i am sorry i hurt your feelings, too. :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
ginn is a lesser version of mark clayton....:doh:

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
are you comparing a 6th round pick who has won 3 super bowls and set nfl passing records to a number 9 overall pick, who has steadilly regressed and relegated to special team duties?

i notice you haven sung the praises of tom brady, p manning, or c. johnson either. what gives?

if youre a t. ginn fan, i am sorry i hurt your feelings, too. :drink:

No, not a Ted Ginn fan at all.Although I was impressed with his performance today. I was just pointing out how hard it was for you to actually praise someone you called a bust. Its just a baby step, you don't have to declare him a non bust yet. It is quite humorous how I make a statement about it, and a few posts later I am supposedly comparing Ginn to Brady. Never have never will, how you came up with that I'll never know. But since I have seen you spin political threads I am not surprised you put words in my mouth.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
It is quite humorous how I make a statement about it, and a few posts later I am supposedly comparing Ginn to Brady. Never have never will, how you came up with that I'll never know. But since I have seen you spin political threads I am not surprised you put words in my mouth.

although no one here likes a$$ chin I don't think anyone would call him a bust.

i didnt spin nothing. your own words are there for you to clarify.

2 ST td's on a single day are spectacular. not even the beerman for the saints has accomplished that feat. neither has d. hester or ed reed.

then again reed and hester are actually able to contribute on regular downs on a consistant basis and neither were a top 10 pick.

and just to be consistant... s. logan could run back 2 kicks in the same day and i would never declare him worthy of a top 10 pick in the draft.

that would just be stupid.

devilsdancefloor
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
this is just a observation please dont jump all over me, but here it goes

Rev the only reason you are standing behind ginn is because he is from "the" Ohio state Buckeyes and you are SOOOOOOOO against Sweed panning out is because he is a Texas longhorn. But you dont get it Sweed is a steeler & Ginn is a Dolphin forget where he came from. It is almost like you are holding a grudge for his catch agaist OSU :noidea:

Tony the only reason you are poking Rev is because the different political viewpoints the 2 of you have.

:drink:

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Rev the only reason you are standing behind ginn is because he is from "the" Ohio state Buckeyes and you are SOOOOOOOO against Sweed panning out is because he is a Texas longhorn. But you dont get it Sweed is a steeler & Ginn is a Dolphin forget where he came from. It is almost like you are holding a grudge for his catch agaist OSU :noidea:

Tony the only reason you are poking Rev is because the different political viewpoints the 2 of you have. i dont drag politics into football (unlike some others). i could care less about anyones political affiliation when it comes to ball.

the only reason i am poking is for the hypocricy you (and many others) have noted, which is quoted above. naturally he is going to be livid that i am the one to bring it to the table.

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 10:19 PM
the fhinfans have labeled ginn a bust....guess they'd know more than we do...apparently ginn has a knack for dropping passes...:noidea:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261422

He plays to not get hit, hurt and with no heart. I bet if NE were to pick him up, he'd somehow learn to catch or at least return a KR.

If you go to you tube and watch his highlights from college and then go watch his pro highlights you will notice the speed,fire,and will to get in the endzone are not like they were when ginn was in college...just look at the speed it's a very noticeable difference.

What bothers me is we used a 9th overall pick on Ginn and what has he accomplished? When the ball comes to him he looks like he is scared to catch it or worried about the hit he is going to take so he flinches and drops the ball. On long throws to him down the field he losses his concentration and the ball bounces off his helmet or shoulder pads. I just don't know if these are things you fix. You look at guys like Hakeem Nicks and other young WR's and they seem to get it. You have to wonder if Ginn is going to be another Derek Hagan.....a total bust. isn't this what has gotten sweed labeled a bust ? only with much fewer oppurtunities...:noidea:

Ginn is garbage.

Not in this town. Just checked Walmart and there are no more "XS" jockstraps in stock. I assume that is the size supporter he wears because he sure hasn't shown he has much balls out on the field of play.

I don't really like him much right now, but I still support him. He has potential, it's just mental with him. It can be fixed, but will it? I don't know. sound like anyone we know ?

I will NEVER give up on a fellow Buckeye! NEVER!! oh noooo....not a homer !!! :chuckle:

Maybe this will be a good thing and he can concentrate on Returning kicks...If he improves on that end then he'll be back in my good graces...He had three obvious drops that cost us points or first downs in a crucial game for is...Un-Acceptable on any level. We can't trust him anymore...not even with a 3 TD lead...I know that Henne will be looking on the other side of the field on third down...and rightly so as Bess and Camarillo are chain movers....Seems as though Ginn is a little soft mentally and this last game could mean his confidence goes down more and more in the coming weeks...I think Camarillo and Bess being undrafted do better in adverse situations...Meanwhile 1st round pick gets scared during big moments in big games for us and comes up small because he is "expected" to catch those balls...as well he should....He brought all this onto himself...Noone else...The camera doesnt lie and last week the camera said Ginn didn't couldn't make a play for his team when they needed him to

plenty of more ginn love to be found...follow the link...

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 10:21 PM
i didnt spin nothing. your own words are there for you to clarify.

2 ST td's on a single day are spectacular. not even the beerman for the saints has accomplished that feat. neither has d. hester or ed reed.

then again reed and hester are actually able to contribute on regular downs on a consistant basis and neither were a top 10 pick.

and just to be consistant... s. logan could run back 2 kicks in the same day and i would never declare him worthy of a top 10 pick in the draft.

that would just be stupid.
just like Obama, keep lying in hopes of people starting to believe. No comparison was ever made.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
just like Obama, keep lying in hopes of people starting to believe. No comparison was ever made.just like "dont look at me, i voted for mccain", keep being stupid. nobody here ever called ass chin a bust.

Originally Posted by cubanstogie
although no one here likes a$$ chin I don't think anyone would call him a bust.

the only liar in this thread is revs, and he has already been exposed.

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 10:43 PM
just like "dont look at me, i voted for mccain", keep being stupid. nobody here ever called ass chin a bust.

again, that is not a comparison. You brought Brady into it. I rebutted with no one would call him a bust. THAT IS NOT A COMPARISON you brought him into it, I then responded. You can not turn it around. Liberal political tactics will not work here. Go back and read the thread. If you keep saying it you and maybe 3 other libs will believe it. Me and the smart cons will go back and read the thread and prove you wrong.

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 10:46 PM
just like "dont look at me, i voted for mccain", keep being stupid. nobody here ever called ass chin a bust.

so revs is a liar and I am stupid. I thought you were above name calling.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 10:55 PM
so revs is a liar and I am stupid. I thought you were above name calling.
revs has aready exposed himself as a liar in this thread. and you have already told me to keep lying like obama, which indeed is a stupid remark.

you thought i was above name calling??? :rofl:

the only reason i hold my tongue is because i respect this board, the mods, and most of the members.

and being that i make people constantly cry WITHOUT the name calling and personal attacks, its probably a good thing i hold back.

i'll leave all the AH, straw men attacks, and name calling to the amateurs.

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
revs has aready exposed himself as a liar in this thread. and you have already told me to keep lying like obama, which indeed is a stupid remark.

you thought i was above name calling??? :rofl:

the only reason i hold my tongue is because i respect this board, the mods, and most of the members.

and being that i make people constantly cry WITHOUT the name calling and personal attacks, its probably a good thing i hold back.

i'll leave all the AH, straw men attacks, and name calling to the amateurs.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp
you said stupid remark I made. I say no. And proof of your lying is when you go back to the thread where you say I compared Brady to Ginn. Never happened. Obamas lying is non stop. I posted 50 for you.

fansince'76
11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
i dont drag politics into football (unlike some others).

Right. :rolleyes:

mccains loss has left alot of people bitter. :noidea:

people like to gripe on the same thing, over, and over, and over. crimson and clover. :clover: we see it in the arians bashing threads.

arians = obama

its just typical board culture. i dont think anyone should be discouraged from coming here and posting. the steelers will "right the ship".

oh, and woodley has an nfl record 2 sacks in 4 straight playoff games (or is it 3?)

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=664494#post664494

remember the good ol days when the only thing people had to constantly complain about and repeatedly beat to death was obama?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=670157#post670157

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 11:30 PM
ok...lets get this one back on topic...

the browns suck.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 11:33 PM
:rolleyes: i could pull up a dozen to my one fansince, and you know that (even though many have since changed their bitter sigs). :coffee:

cuban.. i never thought ginn would be on snopes. kudos to you.

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 11:38 PM
:rolleyes: i could pull up a dozen to my one fansince, and you know that (even though many have since changed their bitter sigs). :coffee:

cuban.. i never thought ginn would be on snopes. kudos to you.

Nice spinning, I back up my statements you change the subject. Nice talking to ya.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice spinning, I back up my statements you change the subject. Nice talking to ya.:wave: ....you back up football related topics with posts of obama. :toofunny:

im glad your posts of hypocricy finally got a room to scurry off to.

Shea
11-01-2009, 11:48 PM
ok...lets get this one back on topic...

the browns suck.

Ted Ginn is a Brownie? I missed something somewhere......:wink02:

sharkweek
11-02-2009, 03:51 AM
Watching Ginn play at Ohio State he never really was a marquee player strictly as a WR, he really did cement his superstar status with his multi role abilities as a kick return man and general x-factor on gadget type plays as well as something of a deep threat whenever he did catch balls a wide out.

That being said, there was no way he deserved to go as high as he did while a player like Holmes is a much better WR and value at the position as well as for a team in general.

Galax Steeler
11-02-2009, 05:18 AM
Looks like he did a pretty good job yesterday to be a bust returned kicks for touchdowns.

stlrtruck
11-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Looks like he did a pretty good job yesterday to be a bust returned kicks for touchdowns.

Yeah he had ONE breakout game. That doesn't make him a stud all of a sudden. Especially for the number of bone head plays he's gathered on this year.

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 09:05 AM

I call BULLSHIT.

Where did I lie? You need me to dig up your actual quotes? I mean, I can if you like, but why would you want me to? Do you wish to be FURTHER embarrassed? That's odd even for you.

Just so nobody gets the wrong impression, I'm not the slightest bit upset here. I get quite a kick out of these little infantile implosions of Tony's...sad and pathetic, but funny as Hell.

As for Ginn, he was never really a WR at OSU, true...but he is one now, and I expect he'll be fine. He's on a longer learning curve.

Comparing him to Sweed is ridiculous. Sweed is a flat out, 100% bust. Ginn still has some life in him, Sweed is headed to the CFL....or worse, the Raiders.

Finally, please STOP trying to pin college allegiances on me. I made it quite clear that once college ball is over I could care less where a player played once he puts on the B&G. I pulled for Sweed, and gave him 7-8 chances, and he's let me down each and every time. Him playing at Texas is a Red Herring.

In fact, right now, I'm pulling for an Alabama/Texas NCG, which is hardly what a blind hater would be rooting for...but I would want the Tide to roll in that one...

The_WARDen
11-02-2009, 09:12 AM

Who was that? Obama or McCain? This thread has me confused as to what it's about.

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Who was that? Obama or McCain? This thread has me confused as to what it's about.

Yeah, it's a little confusing. Catch Tony in some bullshit and he's liable to drag ANYTHING out in a lame attempt at deflection.

cubanstogie
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah, it's a little confusing. Catch Tony in some bullshit and he's liable to drag ANYTHING out in a lame attempt at deflection.

very true statement. I never realized how bad he was at deflecting, or should I say how good he is until this thread. I make one statement about him not being able to man up and give props to Ginn for a great game and the next thing I know he says I compared Ginn to Brady, when he brought a$$ chin up. Maybe he has a man crush:noidea: Anyway, I have learned my lesson by wasting an hour of my life responding to his warped, and dreamed up posts.

Crow-Magnon
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
The Ravens will beat the Steelers twice and win the AFCN.

If THAT doesn't change the attitude in this thread, nuthin' will!

devilsdancefloor
11-02-2009, 12:26 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/107l7py.jpg

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Actually, the thread was fatally flawed from the very beginning. Garbage in, garbage out...so, with that in mind, the "Ravens winning the AFCN" is perfectly at home here....right along with other sentiments like "Dewey Beats Truman"...here are some others....

http://fundivision.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/new1.jpg

http://fundivision.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/new7.jpg

stlrtruck
11-02-2009, 04:42 PM
The Ravens will beat the Steelers twice and win the AFCN.

If THAT doesn't change the attitude in this thread, nuthin' will!

Oh look the crack heads are back. :flap:

Have you been spending time with the ravens #1 fan TIMMAH Lumber? :rofl:

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
There are some new posts in the War Room....but only a few. I was asked and I answered and that's all i have to say about that....

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Nevermind...apparently I was not allowed to delve into the past so my posts were erased.

BUT I did go back and dig up the quotes from Tony from the 2007 draft, the quotes he called me a liar about.

tony hipchest
11-02-2009, 07:21 PM
none of revs and stogies deflection and diversion can erase the fact that the entire dolphin fanbase thinks ginn is a bust and the entire coaching staff benched him and relegated him to ST duties alone.

that is a FACT that has nothing to do with sweed.

Brian Leonard. In 2 1/2 years he has 91 carries for 321 yards. You predicted he could be "the next Jerome Bettis". FAIL.

Stop pathetically stalking old posts of mine....

:chuckle: (how many threads did you bump today? FAIL. here is what was actually posted, liar (since i knew you wouldnt sack up and post the link yourself)-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12390&highlight=brian+leonard

im not talking about replacing willie or jeromes career stats, but this guy seems like he would be the perfect addition and replacement for the role jerome had for his final 2 seasons. peter king wrote this after rutgers upset #3 louisville
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/13/week10/1.html

(the rest are lies also, which everyone already knows)

I'm not going to the trouble of posting all your quotes, as that is a little bit of extra work I'm not interested in doing. .

oh really????

There are some new posts in the War Room....but only a few. I was asked and I answered and that's all i have to say about that....

:sofunny: couldnt resist... could you? EPIC FAIL. bumping 3 year old posts, really? learn some board etiquitte, why dont you?

I call BULLSHIT.

Where did I lie? [...see above

Just so nobody gets the wrong impression, I'm not the slightest bit upset here. :crying01:

too late. i called BULLSHIT first. :coffee:

Actually, the thread was fatally flawed from the very beginning. Garbage in, garbage out.and how was it "fatally flawed".

are you really suggesting to the rest of the members of SF who DARE to disagree with you, their thoughts and opinions are fatally flawed?

:applaudit: narcissist defined.

dont blame me. i didnt bench ginn, and it was dolphin nation who declared him a bust. i just predicted and expected this tyrannical and maniacal reaction once it was posted on this board.

but hey, atleast your boy ginn and vince young have 3 things in common. from champ game to epic busts, they both proved they could actually come back and contribute to a an nfl team win.

:hatsoff:

cubanstogie
11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
quote: none of revs and stogies deflection and diversion can erase the fact that the entire dolphin fanbase thinks ginn is a bust and the entire coaching staff benched him and relegated him to ST duties alone.

Stogie doesn't care if Ginn is a bust or not. Quite putting words in my mouth. I just stated the obvious about your negative outlook and not even being able to give a guy credit of having a historic day. I will stand by my statement of taking Ginn over Sweed though. The rest of you rant is utter BS and spin. I also stand by my statement of you bringing Brady into it not me. Thats all, Ginn could get cut tomorrow and I wouldn't blink an eye. I still would give him credit for 2, 100 yd returns though unlike yourself.

tony hipchest
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
i gave him credit.... twice. where have you been?

and who the hell are you to tell me who i need to applaud, praise, or give credit to?

ginn is a bust. brady is not.

there is a thread floating around where nobody gives credit to him for his historic day of 5 td's in a single quarter. why dont you go play "captain save-a-ho" in that thread?

much appreciated. :cheers:

cubanstogie
11-02-2009, 08:34 PM
i gave him credit.... twice. where have you been?

and who the hell are you to tell me who i need to applaud, praise, or give credit to?

ginn is a bust. brady is not.

there is a thread floating around where nobody gives credit to him for his historic day of 5 td's in a single quarter. why dont you go play "captain save-a-ho" in that thread?

much appreciated. :cheers:

never told you what to do, just noticed how insecure you were not being able to acknowledge a record setting day,instead you had to point out he was still a bust. I think your feathers are a little ruffled. There is a big difference in telling you what to do and noticing your insecurity. Sorry if you misunderstood.

tony hipchest
11-02-2009, 08:44 PM
You called Dwayne Jarrett “A taller Jerry Rice”: In 2 ½ seasons he has 19 catches for 218 yards and 0 TD’s. No WONDER you like Sweed so much! FAIL

oh really???

are you talking about this-

The official 'Pimp Slap' the players you don't want thread !

3) Dwayne Jarrett...what do you call a 6'4 WR that runs a 4.62 forty in the NFL ? ...a DE!

a taller jerry rice?

any wr or convert in the 1st round.

eric wright in a later round

any qb that will bump st pierre off the roster, only to move on and sell our playbook to the bengals.

any rb over bush in the 3rd round or higher if hes still on the board.

any rb who makes you think "the next jerome". if hes not a top 10 pick he is not "the next jerome"

:rofl: thats it?!?!?!? thats all you got in this bout of desperation???

pretty easy to see i was referencing the 40 times, and it was USC alums such as k. johnson and t. ryan who made the absurd jerry rice references.

i posted about jarrett that one time.

the difference is you were pimping ginn, and warning the nfl to watch out in MULTIPLE threads as you repeatedly declared him the greatest thing since sliced bread.

you were the only one trying to sell ginn on this board. nobody else was buying. everybody simply talks draft without all the absurd predictions.

not our fault the chickens have come home to roost.

own it as opposed to deflection with lies and hocus pocus diversion.

its lame. and uber pathetic.
more pathetic than some absurd suggestions, in regards to c. humes, that i remember. now onward with your quest, young padiwan.

tony hipchest
11-02-2009, 08:48 PM
:noidea: Anyway, I have learned my lesson by wasting an hour of my life responding to his warped, and dreamed up posts.

oh really? you'll be back. i guarantee it. :wave:

:popcorn:

never told you what to do, just noticed how insecure you were not being able to acknowledge a record setting day,instead you had to point out he was still a bust. I think your feathers are a little ruffled. There is a big difference in telling you what to do and noticing your insecurity. Sorry if you misunderstood.

what are you a psychiatrist?

well then, Dr. Freud, i notice you never slob tom bradys knob like the rest of the media. what is it that YOU are insecure about?

revefsreleets
11-03-2009, 08:44 AM
You compared Leonard to Bettis...it's there in black and white.

And, rather than just dig up old quotes which can easily be faked, like this

I have a super gay unhealthy man crush on revs

I went and actually pulled the whole THREAD back up...apparently that is not allowed by the rules though, so the posts were deleted and I was warned about bringing up old threads.

Trust me, that works to YOUR benefit, Tony.

Anyway, the quotes are real, Ginn ain't a bust, you're deflecting, and Sweed will be out of the NFL by 2011. But, really, this is nothing new...you're just whining a little harder and louder than usual this time when caught.

GoFins11
11-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Just for reference, Ted Ginn Jr is no longer a starting reciever. The guy couldn't catch a cold. However he is a good kick returner.

Indo
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM

can somebody please pass the salt?

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Just for reference, Ted Ginn Jr is no longer a starting reciever. The guy couldn't catch a cold. However he is a good kick returner.

I am not debating that he has stone hands, but he is ahead of Brian Hartline, Greg Camarillo and Patrick Turner on the fins depth chart. Whatever that is worth :noidea:

revefsreleets
11-03-2009, 01:44 PM
He was on the field for 16 of 45 snaps with the offense against the Jets. He'll be starting this Sunday at NE. He's still #1 on the depth chart.

And, in any case (since this thread was started by Tony because I called Sweed a bust and liked Ginn in the draft), no matter WHAT, he'll be playing both ST AND with the offense from Sunday to Sunday, unlike a certain other 2nd round pick that will remain nameless who is not even dressing).

cubanstogie
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Is it Bu Bu Bu Bush, or Bu Bu Bu Bust? Which response will the lib use.

revefsreleets
11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Irrelevant. This was a stupid and premature thread to start regardless....the "mistake" was calling attention to that....now we all have to hear Tony whine and cry about it interminably....

tony hipchest
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
You compared Leonard to Bettis...it's there in black and white.

And, rather than just dig up old quotes which can easily be faked, like this

Originally Posted by Tony Hipchest
I have a super gay unhealthy man crush on revs

I went and actually pulled the whole THREAD back up...apparently that is not allowed by the rules though, so the posts were deleted and I was warned about bringing up old threads.

Trust me, that works to YOUR benefit, Tony.

Anyway, the quotes are real, Ginn ain't a bust, you're deflecting, and Sweed will be out of the NFL by 2011. But, really, this is nothing new...you're just whining a little harder and louder than usual this time when caught.

"Trust you"??? :rofl: who the hell would trust such a blatant liar of epic proportions?

aso grasshoppa. indeed it is there in black and white for everyone to see what a deflective liar you are. not only that, but it exposes your complete lack of reading comprehension. i havent witnessed such an utterly comlete lack of reading comprehension, and desperate attempt to spin anothers words, into something they are not since......LITP.

congratulations! in a span of a few posts, you have been owned by me, owned by the board owner, owned by a dolphin fan, and the icing on the cake is you were so kind as to own yourself!

great work as you enter the final stage of self destruction.

all of this seems eerily similar to me. its like deja vu all over again. you are on the exact same path of implosion as your nemesis LITP.

while you were busy commiting suicide by mod, and cowering in the background under a new identity, you mustve been studying LITP real hard (i'll get to your dissertation on him derived through internet stalking errrr.... investigative reporting, later).

all the telling signs are there.....- right before he cracked there was the....

continual making up things tony hipchest supposedly said and desperately trying to convince everyone else it was true. CHECK = desperation.

pathetically accusing tony hipchest of diversion after a blatantly lame and failed attempt of diversion himself. CHECK

inventing false quotes. CHECK

changing the name of tony hipchest in all quoted posts to something derrogatory. CHECK

changing the quotes of tony hipchest to include homo slurs, innuendos, accusations, and insinuations. CHECK

taking a self imposed hiatus from the board out of higher minded disgust, only to return just a few days later. CHECK

damn, the only thing missing is for you to start wearing around my name or one of my posts as your signature....

oh wait, that honor is bestowed upon steel head! :toofunny:

yes sir, it is all there in black and white for everyone to see.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20212&page=19

post #182 is a good reference point, but i highly recommend several pages earlier, where the clown was still pretending to ignore me and finally cracks in a tirade.

the sad thing about it being black and white is if anyone reads the posts themselves without associating the name of the poster they ALL would swear they were reading posts by you. it is true that you have become that which you detest.

this dichotomy is simple psychology 101.

LITP is banned and Suit makes his triumphant return...

"garbage out, garbage in", indeed.

:chuckle:

(have fun not being mad or angry) :mad:

:cool:

X-Terminator
11-04-2009, 01:53 AM
At the risk of being flamed, if you're a WR picked 9th overall and the only thing you excel at is returning kicks, then IMO, you are a bust. And if both Ginn and Sweed fail, then Ginn is still a bigger bust since he was a top 10 pick, who was paid a king's ransom to boot.

Just my opinion.

*dons flame-retardant suit*

tony hipchest
11-04-2009, 02:06 AM
anyone who dare speak out against an OSU player better be prepared to don the suit. (no pun intended)

since *checkmate* is eminent , let me just say the next obvious move is for revs to call me ignorant, play dumb, and pretend he dont know what the hell i am talking about. :rolleyes:

after all, that has ALWAYS been his (and LITP's) easy "out" in the past.

hmmmm... :scrachchin: could it be that....

nah, nevermind.. that would just make TOO much sense....

this version is just 1/10th of the mild irritant that the housefly patfan was.

everyone but hOmerSU know ginn is a bust.

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 09:38 AM
LOL at checkmate...what a reach. I'm ignoring the rest of the garbage in that post...(actually, I didn't even bother reading it...sorry, Tony)

Back on task...Sweed was picked 53rd overall and has done NOTHING but absorb salary.

Ginn pretty much single-handedly won the game for the Fins Sunday. He hasn't torn it up catching the ball (although he did have 56 catches last year on a run-first team), but as has clearly been stated all along, he wasn't a real WR at OSU, and is still growing into the position even in year 3.

If Ginn somehow falls apart and becomes a bust, I'll sack up and admit as much. I make mistakes all the time, and the evidence is all over the board. I'm certainly NOT going to whine and cry and make up a bunch of shit in deflection and diversion if he busts out...he's a Dolphin now, anyway, so my interest in him is minimal.

BUT when people start whole threads simply because I call bullshit on them, I'll defend my earlier picks. That's the right and proper thing to do, even if I'm no longer allowed to pull up old posts that prove my point.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2009, 10:22 AM
At the risk of being flamed, if you're a WR picked 9th overall and the only thing you excel at is returning kicks, then IMO, you are a bust. And if both Ginn and Sweed fail, then Ginn is still a bigger bust since he was a top 10 pick, who was paid a king's ransom to boot.

Just my opinion.

*dons flame-retardant suit*

Where does Desmond Howard fit in that analysis then???

Picked #4 overall. Bust as a WR, but Super Bowl MVP as a kick returner. Uh oh....Howard from Michigan and Ginn from OSU.......I think I know where this is going. :stirthepot:

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
My three favorite players on the Steelers are(in no particular order):

-Troy. USC....NOT my favorite college football program
-Ben. Miami Ohio....hated conference foe of my Zips.
-Harrison. KSU arch-nemesis, bitter rival of my Zips.

You guys can toss the college bias argument out the window...but it's a cute attempt at deflection nonetheless...

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Bust might be too harsh of a word since Ginn does have "some" value to the team. Without a doubt Ginn is a dissapointment "as a 1st round WR". There is no if's and's or but's about that....that is a fact!!! NOONE drafts a 1st round kick returner.

His KR ability helps him avoid the "bust" label BUT that being said, it isnt like he is going to return two kicks for TD's a game like he did last week. That was an aberration.

Ted Ginn is a 3rd round talent that was taken in the 1st round. He is not a bust, but he is not a blue chip player.

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 11:07 AM
He is an impact player, nonetheless...I stand by my earlier statement. I think he will be making big plays in the NFL for years to come.

This whole thread was a HUGE reach to begin with, and it was started for all the wrong reasons...

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2009, 12:32 PM
My three favorite players on the Steelers are(in no particular order):

-Troy. USC....NOT my favorite college football program
-Ben. Miami Ohio....hated conference foe of my Zips.
-Harrison. KSU arch-nemesis, bitter rival of my Zips.

You guys can toss the college bias argument out the window...but it's a cute attempt at deflection nonetheless...

OK, but you refer to Lamaar Woodley as fat and slow. Was that sarcasam or Michigan hate???

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 12:44 PM
OK, but you refer to Lamaar Woodley as fat and slow. Was that sarcasam or Michigan hate???

Complete and utter sarcasm (there's a certain sunshiny poster on here who loves to bash Wood...that was in his honor)...I loved the pick from the second we made it and still do....but thanks for reminding me of yet another example of me loving a player from a bitter rival.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Complete and utter sarcasm (there's a certain sunshiny poster on here who loves to bash Wood...that was in his honor)...I loved the pick from the second we made it and still do....but thanks for reminding me of yet another example of me loving a player from a bitter rival.

Man, we need a sarcasm emoticon on this board.

I still think Ginn was a reach, but I also thought Pat White was a reach.......but maybe he becomes the next Kordell Stewart. :chuckle:

cubanstogie
11-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Man, we need a sarcasm emoticon on this board.

I still think Ginn was a reach, but I also thought Pat White was a reach.......but maybe he becomes the next Kordell Stewart. :chuckle:

There aren't many "sure things" coming out of college and into the NFL. Lamberts Lost Tooth summed the Ginn thing up perfectly IMO. You have to compare players to other players in their respective positions though. WR's rarely come in and make an impact first couple of years, that is the only reason I haven't said Sweed is a bust as of yet. Huge disappointment though. Ginn still has time to be an impact player. They need to get him the ball on short passes and let him work his magic instead of throwing the ball down field which is not his strength. Run after catch is the only place I see him excelling.

SteelMember
11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
NOONE drafts a 1st round kick returner.

Are we keeping the raiders out of the possibilities? I mean, didn't they go kicker in the 1st?

and what year did we get Troy Edwards? :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Are we keeping the raiders out of the possibilities? I mean, didn't they go kicker in the 1st?

1) Never use Crazy Al as the barometer for drafting.

2) A Troy Edwards comparison would pole-vault Ginn into the "bust" category.

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh, by the way, I, too thought that Ginn at #9 was ludicrous. BUT Miami DID pick him as much for his return ability as for his WR potential. For those of you who may not know, Ginn was a cornerback who converted to WR...hence the longer learning curve...

stlrtruck
11-04-2009, 02:56 PM
There aren't many "sure things" coming out of college and into the NFL. Lamberts Lost Tooth summed the Ginn thing up perfectly IMO. You have to compare players to other players in their respective positions though. WR's rarely come in and make an impact first couple of years, that is the only reason I haven't said Sweed is a bust as of yet. Huge disappointment though. Ginn still has time to be an impact player. They need to get him the ball on short passes and let him work his magic instead of throwing the ball down field which is not his strength. Run after catch is the only place I see him excelling.

From what I've seen of Ginn in those short situations is that he gets scared fingers and doesn't catch the ball (I would assume because he's afraid of taking a big hit), before he takes off (or attempts to take off). Just like Sweed, he needs to work on his hands. Considering who they gave away the year before (Wes Welker) to New England, they could have forgone the trade, drafted a position with greater need, and had a much better kick return specialist, sure handed WR, and someone who wasn't afraid to take a hit.

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
A much better return specialist? Huh? Now his return abilities are being marginalized?

C'mon guys...

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM

I know what you are doing. :poke: Don't get me started on Jon Tait again. :pin:

tony hipchest
11-04-2009, 08:35 PM
2) A Troy Edwards comparison would pole-vault Ginn into the "bust" category.

that may actually be the best comparisson.

troys rookie year- 61/714/5
ginns 2nd (and best) year- 56/790/2 (+2 rush)

the main similarity is both totally regressed by their third year (steelers dumped edwards, and reports are parcells just wishes he wouldve dumped ginn by now).

the main difference is sparano was forced to play with the hand he was dealt and make the kid the #1 wr, whereas the steelers had hines and plax ready to break out, and take over, which made it much easier to cut ties with our bust.

Oh, by the way, I, too thought that Ginn at #9 was ludicrous. BUT Miami DID pick him as much for his return ability as for his WR potential. For those of you who may not know, Ginn was a cornerback who converted to WR...hence the longer learning curve...

"ludicrous"? :bs: being that you heavilly pimped the steelers taking no name scrubs such as martin nance and cedric humes with their 2nd and 3rd round pick, one can only assume that you wouldve applauded any team that wouldve taken the great OSU ginn 1st-9th. after all being that we will all hear about him 15-30 years from now only suggests that he is going to set, multiple records, attend many pro-bowls, win many lombardis, and go into the HOF.

either that or you thought he would go down as one of the biggest flame out busts of this decade, that people would scoff at for years to come.

newsflash... in the world of bill parcells, bench time isnt part of a "longer learning curve".... it is a death sentence.

case in point- anyone hear from bobby carpenter lately?

tony hipchest
11-04-2009, 08:49 PM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/10/28/ted-ginn-jr-off-to-the-side-as-1st-and-2nd-team-offenses-run-plays/

Wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. is officially in the Dolphins’ doghouse.

While the 1st- and 2nd-team offenses ran two plays each at the beginning of practice, Ginn was off to the side with rookie WR Pat Turner and practice squad WRs Julius Pruit and James Robinson.

A bit later, Ginn lined up in one-on-one passing drills, beat new practice squad safety Nate Ness and dropped an over-the-shoulder catch in the end zone.

This comes a few days after Ginn dropped three passes during a loss to the Saints. The killer was a bobble of a perfect pass from Chad Henne that was deflected into the hands of Darren Sharper, who returned it for a TD to cut the lead to 24-17 early in the second half.

Coach Tony Sparano said Monday rookie Brian Hartline would get more playing time, leading one to guess Ginn’s playing time would be reduced. Hartline had a 67-yard catch to set up the team’s final touchdown in a 46-34 loss.

On the 1st team’s first snap, Davone Bess lined up in a one-WR set, with Hartline joining him on the next play with the starting team.

Greg Camarillo lined up with the second team both times.

responses-

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!! Bench him and give Turner a shot. What’s he gonna do drop a game wining TD pass and tip another easy catch in the hands of a defender for a game changing pix 6? The worse he can do is not get open and force Henne to throw it away or look somewhere else.

’bout time…damn it. Time to start looking for who’s available at the end of the season.

Jesus christ Ginn drops a pass in the end zone on 1 on 1 drills lmao

Ginn same as usual can’t even catch a pass in practice!!! Please get rid of his sorry ass,he’s the laughing stock of the NFL!!!!

To “THE FUTURE” get your sorry ass offthis site you moron. Send Ginn to the Colts or the Pats his worthless ass will still drop any & everything thrown to him!!! Ain’t a DAMN THING wrong with the trifecta except they BELIEVED in this worthless Ginn and so did I.Well now I am done and I hope they are as well. Send Jr’s. ass packin.

tony hipchest
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/5226/ginn-on-the-outs-in-miami

Ginn on the outs in Miami

October 27, 2009 1:02 AM
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

South Florida has about had it with Ted Ginn.

AP Photo/Jeffrey M. Boan
Ted Ginn Jr. bobbled a pass that led to an interception that was returned for a TD against the Saints.
The Miami Dolphins receiver has been exasperating because of drops, flops and sprints out of bounds since they drafted him ninth overall in 2007 ahead of players such as Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Darrelle Revis, Lawrence Timmons and Dwayne Bowe.

Not that any of those players would look good in a Dolphins uniform or anything.

But Ginn might have torn it for good with his performance in Sunday's collapse against the New Orleans Saints.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Ginn is going to see reduced playing time, and the Dolphins would be actively shopping him if the trade deadline hadn't already passed.

Ginn had more glaring drops Sunday. The worst should have been a first down, but went for a Saints touchdown.

Saints safety Darren Sharper intercepted a pass that bounced off Ginn's hands and ricocheted off Saints defender Tracy Porter. Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said Chad Henne made "a very good throw." But Ginn batted the ball, and Sharper ran it back for a touchdown.

Miami Herald columnist Greg Cote writes "Ginn is the gift that keeps on not giving. He is the 2007 Cam Cameron-regime draft misstep that continues to haunt and hurt Miami."

Cote adds: "Ginn is supposed to be the answer there, the go-to guy, the game-breaker. Instead he keeps presenting him oppositely, as the frail, undersized wideout who is the physical antithesis of the tough team Miami wants to be."

The Miami New Times, a weekly alternative known for its ability to carve personalities like jack-o'-lanterns, put together a top 10 list of ways Ginn can make it up to South Florida.

10. Build a time machine, go back to 1993, and take up tennis.

9. Dress up as Edward Rubberhands for Halloween.

8. Swim to Cuba, depose the Castro Bros., and hold democratic elections.

7. Buy every vacant condo unit downtown and turn them into affordable housing.

6. Steal every single Romero Britto sculpture, melt them down into the liquid crap they're forged from, and fertilize Homestead's family farms.

5. Convince his dad, Ted Ginn, Sr., the Michael Jordan of Educators, to move the Ginn Academy to Miami.

4. Get bitten by a radioactive spider.

3. Set up Channing Crowder and Gibril Wilson to fall in love, so they quit football and run away to South Beach.

2. Direct traffic at Biscayne Blvd and 36th Street.

1. You're an Ohio guy. Get LeBron to sign with the Heat on July 1, 2010 and we'll call it even.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/11/01/hey-there%E2%80%99s-ted-ginn-jr/

Hey, there’s Ted Ginn Jr.!

For much of his short career, Dolphins’ receiver Ted Ginn Jr. has been a ghost. While he remains a threat to take it to the house every time he gets his hands on the ball, the problem is that he can’t get open. He can’t beat jams off the line, he doesn’t have good enough technique to shake defenders and despite his speed, he’s slow getting in and out of his routes.

But for at least one game, Ginn found a way to be useful.

Ginn failed to record a single reception and was targeted just once, but he returned two kickoffs for touchdowns to spark the Dolphins in their 30-25 win over the Jets in Week 8. His 299 total kickoff return yards rank him second behind Tyrone Hughes (who compiled 304 yards in a 1994 game for the Saints) for the most return yards in a single game in NFL history.

Ginn’s first touchdown came after the Jets had taken a 6-3 lead early in the third quarter and the second came after Mark Sanchez had cut Miami’s lead to 17-13 with a 1-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter. He set the Dolphins up with great field position as Miami went on to score 27 points in the second half.

As for the Jets, I think this is the team many expected them to be with a rookie quarterback and a first year head coach. There’s a lot of season left, but this is probably a .500 team at best and there’s nothing wrong with that. Under Ryan, they’ve played with more of a swagger and the defense has been more aggressive. Sanchez has a long way to go in his development, but he has flashed promise in his rookie year and has proven on some levels that he can handle being a franchise quarterback.

Both the Dolphins and Jets will remain competitive throughout the year, but the playoffs seem unlikely for both teams. They just don’t have enough overall depth to challenge the top teams in the AFC.

But hey, at least Miami found where Ted Ginn has been hiding. He remains a massive bust, but a bust that has electrifying return abilities.

:laughing:

stlrtruck
11-05-2009, 09:16 AM
By the sounds of it Ginn is the dolphins version of Braylon Edwards. Useless and wasted talent!

revefsreleets
11-05-2009, 10:48 AM
LOL...try and try again, but the bust label ain't gonna stick, not at least while the guy is scoring TD's and winning games. And your pathetic little vendetta against me gets weaker and weaker by the day...But, then again, that's part of the beauty of proving you wrong, Tony....you'll NEVER back off your position no matter how wrong it originally was or continues to be. Well, except that one time...remember this? I do...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/20011216SiteR.jpg

Stupid thread.

stlrtruck
11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
LOL...try and try again, but the bust label ain't gonna stick, not at least while the guy is scoring TD's and winning games.

Stupid thread.

So let's see Ginn has ONE rec TD in 7 games and only his stint as a ST's player made him a decent option for the dolphins last week. Other than, he's had one game of more than 2 catches that was week 2 when he had 11. Yeah, this guy has been scoring loads of TDs and winning tons of games.

Come on revs, just because he went to OSU doesn't make him an automatic success in the NFL. I'd have to agree with the fanbase that has him inhouse and recognize that he can't carry the jock strap of their practice squad members.

revefsreleets
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
So let's see Ginn has ONE rec TD in 7 games and only his stint as a ST's player made him a decent option for the dolphins last week. Other than, he's had one game of more than 2 catches that was week 2 when he had 11. Yeah, this guy has been scoring loads of TDs and winning tons of games.

Come on revs, just because he went to OSU doesn't make him an automatic success in the NFL. I'd have to agree with the fanbase that has him inhouse and recognize that he can't carry the jock strap of their practice squad members.

Back to THAT?

The OSU argument? That is patently absurd and I have done plenty to dispel that erroneous notion...

Dismissed.

Ginn isn't ever going to become Jerry Rice II, but he has contributed 10,000X more than Sweed has. And THAT is what this is really all about...

stlrtruck
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Back to THAT?

The OSU argument? That is patently absurd and I have done plenty to dispel that erroneous notion...

Dismissed.

Ginn isn't ever going to become Jerry Rice II, but he has contributed 10,000X more than Sweed has. And THAT is what this is really all about...

He was a top 10 pick, he should have been contributing more than he has in the past two years. His motions on the field show that he's afraid to take a hit, and the only thing he's good at is returning KOs and punts.

Other than his two returns for TDs last week, he's done absolutely nothing, not even try to catch the ball. While Sweed may be dropping them, at least I've seen Sweed throw a block and catch a few balls without fear of getting hit.

Ginn wasn't worth the top 10 when he came out, personally I don't think he was worth a first rounder.

tony hipchest
11-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Come on revs, just because he went to OSU doesn't make him an automatic success in the NFL. I'd have to agree with the fanbase that has him inhouse and recognize that he can't carry the jock strap of their practice squad members.the delusional denial is village idiot brilliant! (but only if played in a village full of idiots).

meanwhile, in the real world, only a moron believes ted "drop it a" ginn jr. is single handedly "winning games"... :toofunny:

take his fabulous 11 catch game in week 2-

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/22/coach-killer-week-2-ted-ginn-jr/

Coach Killer, Week 2: Ted Ginn Jr.

Every week, NFL FanHouse hits the lowlights from Sunday's action, looking at those players who did the most to move their head coaches that much closer to returning to the Bed and Breakfast business.

After Monday night's 27-23 Colts win over the Dolphins, Chad Pennington had this to say: "It's not about statistics, it's about scoring points and winning football games." He was referring to the now-infamous advantage in time of possession the Dolphins wildcat'd together, and how the game proved to be the exception to the rule that typically links time of possession with victory.

He could have just as easily been talking about his "No. 1 receiver," Ted Ginn Jr.

You might question my use of quotations in referring to Ginn as a top pass-catcher. After all, he is listed first on the depth chart. Literally, then, he is a No. 1 receiver. But he's not a No. 1 receiver.

I mean, yeah, 11 catches for 108 yards looks pretty good for a No. 1 receiver (despite a Michael Clayton-esque 9.8 yards per catch; dig that deep threat ability!). But No. 1 receivers don't just let an amazing run game make the plays and take advantage of the scraps of space. No. 1 receivers make game-breaking plays when they count.

... It's not about statistics, it's about scoring points and winning football games ...

It should be noted that Ginn did neither. None of his 11 catches resulted in points, and when it came time to win the game Ginn buckled.

Yes, I did see that 12-yard catch on 4th-and-10 with 22 seconds left, a catch that kept the Dolphins' hopes alive in spite of perhaps the most inept two-minute drill in the history of modern football. I also saw the very next play, in which Ginn had single coverage with Jacob Lacey, an undrafted rookie. I saw Ginn get to the end zone, get position on Lacey, outjump him for the ball, and ... d'oh.

Now tell me: who's the No. 1 receiver, Ginn or this guy?

You can point the finger, I suppose, at the Dolphins defense, which buckled a little too easily in the fourth quarter. You can also point the finger at the team's display of "urgency" in crunch time, giving them only two real cracks at the end zone. Or you can point the finger at Pennington and his noodle arm, which isn't equipped to pick up the big chunks of yards needed when you have to score a touchdown in a limited amount of time.

Still, the fact remains. The Dolphins did have two cracks at the end zone, and on one of them Pennington did get the ball the required 30 yards downfield and right into Ginn's hands. As a result of his inability to catch it, the Dolphins are an unsavory 0-2.

That doesn't seem that impactful on the coaching situation in Miami at this point -- the team was 11-5 last year and we're only two games into the season (by the way, fans of all 32 teams, relax -- there's a lot of season left). But if it continues to go south in Miami, and if Bill Parcells decides to vacate his throne as Chris Mortensen suggested over the weekend, this heartbreaking loss might be the first domino that leads to a new boss bringing in a new coach.

OK, so that's a lot of flimsy speculation (a special talent of mine), but one thing's for sure in the here and now -- Ginn's drop has made Tony Sparano's Tuesday a lot less pleasant.

it is impossible that one single hOSUmer is right, and millions of the dolphins fanbase and their entire professional coaching staff is wrong.

homer loses this one. :doh:

MACH1
11-05-2009, 08:47 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/kiss.gif

Its Cold Ginn time again.

43Hitman
11-05-2009, 08:48 PM

Wow! Where did you get those smiley's!! :toofunny:

revefsreleets
11-06-2009, 11:08 AM
the delusional denial is village idiot brilliant! (but only if played in a village full of idiots).

meanwhile, in the real world, only a moron believes ted "drop it a" ginn jr. is single handedly "winning games"... :toofunny:

take his fabulous 11 catch game in week 2-

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/22/coach-killer-week-2-ted-ginn-jr/

it is impossible that one single hOSUmer is right, and millions of the dolphins fanbase and their entire professional coaching staff is wrong.

homer loses this one. :doh:

I was INFRACTED for calling you a child....and warned to stop, WELL before you issued this response....which is filled with far worse than what I posted.

Interesting...

Anyway, I already answered the false and deflective claims about college having anything to do with this. FAIL.

devilsdancefloor
11-06-2009, 12:02 PM

:nw: :nw: :nw: you rock! :nw: :nw: :nw:

tony hipchest
11-08-2009, 04:42 PM
He was on the field for 16 of 45 snaps with the offense against the Jets. He'll be starting this Sunday at NE. He's still #1 on the depth chart.
.:wtf: dude, do you even know what you are talking about anymore? what part about the coaches demoting him do you not understand?

he saw about 5-6 offensive snaps this week for the final 2 and a half series when the dolphins were in desperation mode to tie the game.
good for ginn. he killed both drives, on 3rd and 10 and finally another drop where the ball was put right on the money on 4th and 15 (of course he alligator armed it, shying away from a hit).

final stats- 1 rec./7yds (cant tell yet if he will be attributed for 1 or 3 drops, either way he can be attributed for killing 2 drives for even being a target.)

the dolphins are better off throwing to c. henne out of the wildcat. camarillo and bess are the starters, and hartline is getting the majority of #3 looks.

time to face the FACTS.

cubanstogie
11-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Ginn did a great Sweed impersonation today. Ginn over the middle and alligator armed it to end Miami's chances. It was pathetic, I think he is now a bust.:rofl:

43Hitman
11-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Ginn did a great Sweed impersonation today. Ginn over the middle and alligator armed it to end Miami's chances. It was pathetic, I think he is now a bust.:rofl:

Just for the record, Sweed is NOT afraid of getting hit. Sweed has NOT had the plays or opportunity's(not saying that Sweed deserves them, but do think it's to early to call HIM a bust, like REVS has, but refuses to do the same with Gin, his hero) that Gin has had. Sweed has not been in the league as long as Gin. Sweed was NOT a top ten pick, Gin was. So there really is no comparison to the two. Unless, you want to compare, like Tony has, the hypocrisy and arrogance of one Mr. Revs in the fact that he refuses to call Gin a bust, but has no problem labeling Sweed as such.

cubanstogie
11-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Just for the record, Sweed is NOT afraid of getting hit. Sweed has NOT had the plays or opportunity's(not saying that Sweed deserves them, but do think it's to early to call HIM a bust, like REVS has, but refuses to do the same with Gin, his hero) that Gin has had. Sweed has not been in the league as long as Gin. Sweed was NOT a top ten pick, Gin was. So there really is no comparison to the two. Unless, you want to compare, like Tony has, the hypocrisy and arrogance of one Mr. Revs in the fact that he refuses to call Gin a bust, but has no problem labeling Sweed as such.

I couldn't resist the post after seeing Ginns drop, or lack of effort. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I will say its too early to call either a bust. It has been stated earlier they both are disspointments. A top ten pick with only production coming in returns, which is not want they drafted him for is a disappointment. A receiver drafter 2nd round, especially since Sweed is the "big" 6-4 guy everyones wanted failing to get in uniform is also a major disappointment. We all hoped he would step in and be the Randy Moss for us, minus the attitude. Only time will tell, I don't like being a negative nelly but I wouldn't bet on either to have a career that validates them being picked as high as they were. On the other hand you take the good with the bad and be very excited we stole Wallace.

43Hitman
11-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I couldn't resist the post after seeing Ginns drop, or lack of effort. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I will say its too early to call either a bust. It has been stated earlier they both are disspointments. A top ten pick with only production coming in returns, which is not want they drafted him for is a disappointment. A receiver drafter 2nd round, especially since Sweed is the "big" 6-4 guy everyones wanted failing to get in uniform is also a major disappointment. We all hoped he would step in and be the Randy Moss for us, minus the attitude. Only time will tell, I don't like being a negative nelly but I wouldn't bet on either to have a career that validates them being picked as high as they were. On the other hand you take the good with the bad and be very excited we stole Wallace.

I am very excited by Wallace, which in my opinion, actually buys us much more time with Sweed, this is not true with the Gin situation. I will remain patient with Sweed, and if he is terrible again next season, I will be more inclined to bitch about him then. I think all guys deserve 3 seasons to adjust to the pro game.

revefsreleets
11-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Tedd Ginn stat line Sunday:
1 catch for 7 yards
4 KR's for 97 yards

Limas Sweeds stat line (Today...or two weeks ago...or three weeks from now)
0 for 0
0 KR's
0 PR's

Sweed's stat like for the ENTIRE year:
1 catch for FIVE YARDS!

A demoted Ginn STILL has a better stat line in one game that Sweed has for the entire year!

This is really becoming retarded...I'm clearly stating that Ginn was overrated, but at least he contributes SOMETHING. This isn't even about Ginn, it's about Sweed...and how he's a real and true bust....and how some people would rather clobber others over the head like neanderthals rather than face the obvious.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-09-2009, 10:32 AM
When can we officially call the Wildcat a bust????

43Hitman
11-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Tedd Ginn stat line Sunday:
1 catch for 7 yards
4 KR's for 97 yards

Limas Sweeds stat line (Today...or two weeks ago...or three weeks from now)
0 for 0
0 KR's
0 PR's

Sweed's stat like for the ENTIRE year:
1 catch for FIVE YARDS!

A demoted Ginn STILL has a better stat line in one game that Sweed has for the entire year!

This is really becoming retarded...I'm clearly stating that Ginn was overrated, but at least he contributes SOMETHING. This isn't even about Ginn, it's about Sweed...and how he's a real and true bust....and how some people would rather clobber others over the head like neanderthals rather than face the obvious.

That goes both ways junior.

revefsreleets
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
That goes both ways junior.

Junior?

Really now...

Look, this is getting out of control...I realize there is a lot of anti-OSU sentiment on this board, particularly after the beat down they handed PSU Saturday. Couple this with the weird love affair people have with Limas Sweed, and emotions run high....I get that. But can't we keep this real? There are now threads running bashing Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn and even Anthony Gonzalez is now getting dumped on, but I ask again, what does ANY of that have to do with the lack of production from Sweed? Why am I getting bashed for calling a second year player who contributes NOTHING a bust? It's not like he's done ANYTHING to dispute that...Hell, the guy can't even get off the bench.

I'm getting pretty tired of the bullshit flying around in these threads. Some of these attacks are out of control. I have no problem debating with anyone here, but you guys have GOT to bring something to the table better than calling me names and bashing players simply because you don't like the school they went to.

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2009, 03:11 PM
ted ginn = troy edwards

stlrtruck
11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Ginn - 1st round pick
Sweed - 2nd round pick

There tends to be a greater grace period for the later round draft picks, especially those who continue to show potential during various times of their career. Why do I have hope for Sweed? Because I still remember the block he laid on the ratbirds DB last year in the AFCCG. He's not afraid of contact, he's not afraid to put himself out there. Yes he needs to learn to catch the ball, just like Ginn.

And while I would hope that both would produce, the difference between the two right now is that the Steelers have the depth to bench Sweed. The dolphins lack the depth to bench Ginn. His productivity comes from STs and the Steelers have other players involved for that.

Ginn isn't a game changer. He's a wuss wearing football pads. He might as well be engaged to Tom Brady the way he avoids contact.

And my dislike for Ginn has nothing to do with the beating PSU took Saturday afternoon. Especially considering that PSU has given them a beating in the past. It might have to do with the fact that you seem to have a greater support for someone who is equally lacking production as Sweed, but yet have no grace period for someone who wasn't a top 10 pick. Whether you like it or not, the standards for draft picks change based on where they are taken.

SteelMember
11-09-2009, 03:31 PM
ted "drop it a" ginn jr.

:toofunny:

cubanstogie
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Ginn - 1st round pick
Sweed - 2nd round pick

There tends to be a greater grace period for the later round draft picks, especially those who continue to show potential during various times of their career. Why do I have hope for Sweed? Because I still remember the block he laid on the ratbirds DB last year in the AFCCG. He's not afraid of contact, he's not afraid to put himself out there. Yes he needs to learn to catch the ball, just like Ginn.

And while I would hope that both would produce, the difference between the two right now is that the Steelers have the depth to bench Sweed. The dolphins lack the depth to bench Ginn. His productivity comes from STs and the Steelers have other players involved for that.

Ginn isn't a game changer. He's a wuss wearing football pads. He might as well be engaged to Tom Brady the way he avoids contact.

And my dislike for Ginn has nothing to do with the beating PSU took Saturday afternoon. Especially considering that PSU has given them a beating in the past. It might have to do with the fact that you seem to have a greater support for someone who is equally lacking production as Sweed, but yet have no grace period for someone who wasn't a top 10 pick. Whether you like it or not, the standards for draft picks change based on where they are taken.

How about they both suck so far. Serious question though, would you Ginn haters swap Ginn for Sweed right now?

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2009, 04:50 PM
ginn...5 yrs.... 19.6 million
sweed...4 yrs ...3.265 million

i'd say ginn's drops are a lil more costly

tony hipchest
11-09-2009, 05:12 PM
How about they both suck so far. Serious question though, would you Ginn haters swap Ginn for Sweed right now?
"ginn haters"? take off the revs colored glasses. the only hater here is a sweed hater.

but let me ponder your question... :scratchchin:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1309879.html

Miami Dolphins great Bob Kuechenberg calls Ted Ginn Jr. an `embarrassment'

The Dolphins' disappointing start generated plenty of commentary from team alums at Don Shula's and O.J. McDuffie's charity events last week. Ted Ginn Jr. drew derision from several former Dolphins for drops and his penchant for running out of bounds.

``He's an embarrassment and a coward,'' Bob Kuechenberg said. ``He's got alligator arms. It's sad. I don't even know that he has the ability. I haven't seen it.''

McDuffie lamented, ``Every good team has a solid No. 1 receiver, and we have nobody. Just a bunch of twos and threes. Teddy can run, but how much of a football player is he? You either have it or not. Teddy is not as astute a player as I thought he would be. I've seen him go down when nobody is around.''

Jim Kiick diagnosed Ginn's problem as mental. ``He doesn't concentrate. And his route running is not good.''

Mercury Morris said Ginn ``needs to talk to either me or [inspirational speaker] Tony Robbins about becoming enlightened and doing the opposite of the things he thinks are right.'' Mark Duper said he sent Ginn an e-mail, offering tutoring, but Ginn never responded.

``The only way you're going to get better is if you get somebody to come in and work with him,'' Duper said. ``I would do that for him. I wouldn't charge. As far as not wanting to get hit, I could [fix] that. He's got the speed I had when I came into the league. You can't teach that. What you can teach is technique and fundamentals, which he's been missing. I was fortunate enough to have Nat Moore to play with. Ted doesn't have that.''

Still, Duper, McDuffie, Shula, Dan Marino and others said the Dolphins should not bench him.

``No way,'' Shula said. ``If you have a guy with that talent, you've got to give him every opportunity and the time and confidence to do it. He's got all the tools, but he's got to start making those plays he's capable of. Some of the things haven't been his fault.''

Marino's take: ``They need more playmakers [but] Ginn has his place. You have to play him. He was a high pick. He makes some plays, sometimes he doesn't. What are your other choices, really?''

ummm yeah, no thanks.

the dude is so c0cky he wont even respond to mark duper???? :headshake:

who the hell would ginn replace? he cant beat mcdonald as a receiver, and the steelers dont like soft players anyways.

maybe...just MAYBE... i would trade him for stefan logan assuming the contracts were the same, but we all know that wouldnt be the case.

9 out of 10 fin fans would take you up on that trade in a heartbeat though. just read their forums. they absolutely hate ted va"ginn"a jr. and cant wait until he is sent packing.

spinning this as MY hate is mere deflection and diversion and everyone see's it. it is what it is. dont kill the messenger.

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
``No way,'' Shula said. ``If you have a guy with that talent, you've got to give him every opportunity and the time and confidence to do it. He's got all the tools
this is my thoughts on sweed... you can't redeem yourself from the bench. wallace has clearly earned the 3rd spot , but i still think sweed should be dressing and getting a few game reps to see if he can fix the problem. obviously he CAN play well enough to play in the nfl, he DID win the 3rd spot in training camp and preseason, so its got to be a matter of game time confidence which can be worked thru...but not from the bench.

tony hipchest
11-09-2009, 05:46 PM
this is my thoughts on sweed... you can't redeem yourself from the bench. wallace has clearly earned the 3rd spot , but i still think sweed should be dressing and getting a few game reps to see if he can fix the problem. obviously he CAN play well enough to play in the nfl, he DID win the 3rd spot in training camp and preseason, so its got to be a matter of game time confidence which can be worked thru...but not from the bench.

but appearantly revs knows better than don freaking shula, the winningest coach in nfl history. :doh:

excuse me, but who the ef are you? wake up! this thread is about ginn. you dont say who is and is not a bust. quit trying to shove your opinions down everybodys throats as if they are REAL and TRUE and FACT.

you have shown to not bable to see beyond your nose when it comes to declaring who is a bust or not.

you are a nobody on a messageboard just like the rest of us. the only difference is virtually nobody agrees with you on sweed and just about the entire dolphin fanbase (and coaches, and former players) disagree with you on ginn.

THAT IS FACT! quit with the deflection, diversion, and "woe is me and the poor osu players", act.

im sure all the attacks you perceive will cease as soon as you quit ramrodding your opinions into everyones heads as the "be all, end all".

it is EXTREMELY hypocritical to relentlessly rag on sweed (something youve been doing since the afcc game in his ROOKIE season, yet defend the likes of ginn and robiskie to no end.

EVERYONE sees it and it reeks of homerism.

"steelers born and steelers bred, and when i die, im steelers dead".>>>> i have no other football loyalties or allegiances.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 08:49 AM

Probably, just for the sake of getting Ginn off the team.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 08:51 AM
"steelers born and steelers bred, and when i die, im steelers dead".>>>> i have no other football loyalties or allegiances.

:iagree:
now that my friend is the most truest statement I've read in a very long time!

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Sweed had one thrown at him last night.

It was a drop.

I also clearly stated Ginn was overrated...but at least he contributes. I guess my definition of bust simply differs from others, since I consider a player who contributes SOMETHING of infinitely more than a player who contributes nothing....but it IS amusing to watch a certain posters repeated temper tantrums...

Nadroj 20
11-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Sweed had one thrown at him last night.

It was a drop.

Really? :doh: your saying this? I hope you saw it was a low throw and would have been hard for anyone to catch

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Really? :doh: your saying this? I hope you saw it was a low throw and would have been hard for anyone to catch

Would it have mattered?

Look, I'm not going to apologize for calling the guy a waste of a jersey. He ranks right up there with Alonzo Jackson and Duce Staley...It's fine to defend him if you wish, but....well, time is running out for him....

Nadroj 20
11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Would it have mattered?

Look, I'm not going to apologize for calling the guy a waste of a jersey. He ranks right up there with Alonzo Jackson and Duce Staley...It's fine to defend him if you wish, but....well, time is running out for him....

Im not really defending him really im just saying for you to use that against him (this play only not talking about any others) really isnt fair because it was a low throw.

However i am more willing to let him develop then you are i guess lol

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Just saying, if it was me, and I'm fighting to even DRESS, and even a BAD pass hits my hands, I'm catching that mutha...sure, it was a low thrown ball, but it hit his hands.

Also, I don't "hate" Limas Sweed, nor do I care where he played college ball, I just want us to have 53 CONTRIBUTING players dressing week to week. He'll have to the end of the season to prove himself and then he needs gone.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Would it have mattered?

what's become comical is that you want to write off a second round pick as being a waste of uniform but hold true that Ginn isn't. Seems like you're more warranted to give Ginn a pass, although he's a top 10 first round pick - but won't give Sweed a second glance, although he's a second round pick and has dropped just as easy a pass as Ginn has dropped.

Just saying, if it was me, and I'm fighting to even DRESS, and even a BAD pass hits my hands, I'm catching that mutha...sure, it was a low thrown ball, but it hit his hands.

Also, I don't "hate" Limas Sweed, nor do I care where he played college ball, I just want us to have 53 CONTRIBUTING players dressing week to week. He'll have to the end of the season to prove himself and then he needs gone.

So you would have been able to catch a ball thrown low to the ground and behind you?

Then why the hell aren't you playing in the NFL? :noidea:

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 01:29 PM
what's become comical is that you want to write off a second round pick as being a waste of uniform but hold true that Ginn isn't. Seems like you're more warranted to give Ginn a pass, although he's a top 10 first round pick - but won't give Sweed a second glance, although he's a second round pick and has dropped just as easy a pass as Ginn has dropped.

So you would have been able to catch a ball thrown low to the ground and behind you?

Then why the hell aren't you playing in the NFL? :noidea:

1. Ginn is still playing. Ginn is still returning kicks. Ginn isn't being benched. I'm not saying Ginn will EVER live up to the hype, but even if the guy stops playing WR altogether (and he won't...he'll keep playing the position just probably not as a #1), he'll STILL be in the NFL for a long, long time to come because there is a place for execeptional, game changing kick returners. He won't be worth the #9 pick, but he won't bust out of the league.
2. IF I WAS an NFL WR I would hone my craft and be the best I could be. I'd catch every pass that hit my hands (or as close to humanly possible as that aspiration can be). THAT is my very point. It's HIS JOB to catch passes, good and bad. He's proven he can't catch even perfectly thrown balls that land softly right in his hands.
3. My biggest beef is how other threads and other issues are creeping into these threads and posts. I guarantee that this thread would never had been stated had I not A) Called Sweed out and B) Defended Ginn elsewhere. Hell, Tony went WAY back to find a quote from me because this thread is NOT about Ginn, it's about Sweed and me refusing to keep supporting this dud.

Fact is, I really don't care much one way or the other about Ted Ginn. I wish him well as an ex-Buckeye, but that's about it, and I never expect to see him in the B&G. WAY too much has been made of my college allegiances (In fact it's a synthetic prop created to boost REALLY weak arguments against me even as they crumble apart). This is me saying the sky is blue, and certain posters just wanting to take umbrage with just about anything is say, regardless of my statement's merits.

I'm finding it increasingly comical to see people literally bend over backwards, do all sorts of illogical mental gymnastics in order to support Limas Sweed, but will use the flimsiest of logic in order to rip up someone like Anthony Gonzalez simply because he played for a school i support. It's weak. It's transparent. It's laughable. It's been exposed....and yet, it continues....

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 02:22 PM
1. Ginn is still playing. Ginn is still returning kicks. Ginn isn't being benched. I'm not saying Ginn will EVER live up to the hype, but even if the guy stops playing WR altogether (and he won't...he'll keep playing the position just probably not as a #1), he'll STILL be in the NFL for a long, long time to come because there is a place for execeptional, game changing kick returners. He won't be worth the #9 pick, but he won't bust out of the league.

And that one trick pony gets old very quick and can end your career when they find a younger man to fill your shoes. Since those shoes aren't very big, it shouldn't take a team long to find someone to do the same thing.

2. IF I WAS an NFL WR I would hone my craft and be the best I could be. I'd catch every pass that hit my hands (or as close to humanly possible as that aspiration can be). THAT is my very point. It's HIS JOB to catch passes, good and bad. He's proven he can't catch even perfectly thrown balls that land softly right in his hands.

I haven't found one NFL WR that catches 100% of everything thrown his way. Even Ginn has dropped the easy ones. Sweed has also made a few tough catches. Are they as often as they should be? No, but again maybe the man is attempting to hone his skills and we just don't know about it yet.

3. My biggest beef is how other threads and other issues are creeping into these threads and posts. I guarantee that this thread would never had been stated had I not A) Called Sweed out and B) Defended Ginn elsewhere. Hell, Tony went WAY back to find a quote from me because this thread is NOT about Ginn, it's about Sweed and me refusing to keep supporting this dud.

I've seen your posts about Ginn and there are days where it seems you have a hard-on for the guy like the media does marsha! What you haven't cleared up, at least from the posts I've read, is how you can support a player who drops passes, is afraid of contact, and his only trick is that he's a ST player. Limas plays STs, he's not a return man - because the Steelers have someone for that position. And it came at a price a lot less than Ginn.

Fact is, I really don't care much one way or the other about Ted Ginn. I wish him well as an ex-Buckeye, but that's about it, and I never expect to see him in the B&G. WAY too much has been made of my college allegiances (In fact it's a synthetic prop created to boost REALLY weak arguments against me even as they crumble apart). This is me saying the sky is blue, and certain posters just wanting to take umbrage with just about anything is say, regardless of my statement's merits.

I'm finding it increasingly comical to see people literally bend over backwards, do all sorts of illogical mental gymnastics in order to support Limas Sweed, but will use the flimsiest of logic in order to rip up someone like Anthony Gonzalez simply because he played for a school i support. It's weak. It's transparent. It's laughable. It's been exposed....and yet, it continues....

Fact is that you continue to bring up that others are mentioning yoru college allegiance to deflect your weak points about Ginn vs Sweed. Seems to me you've made a bed and don't want to lie in it now. And as illogical as you think others are about supporting Sweed, you obviously have some Ginn colored glasses on if you don't see your own double dismount along the way?

Talk about exposed! And yet other rants continue as if they were written by God himself! Not that's laughable! :rofl:

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Here are my "weak" points again.

Sweed: 16 games. 7 catches. 69 yards. 1 punt return. 1 fumble. 0 TD's.
Ginn: 40 games. 109 catches. 1428 yards. 8 TD's. 113 KR's. 2676 yards. 33 PR's. 293 yards.

Those are the numbers...the cold hard facts.

I read through quite a few of your posts just to see what you were bringing to the table.

Not much....but you are a little whiny.

Ignore...buh-bye....

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Ginn: 40 games. 109 catches. 1428 yards. 8 TD's. 113 KR's. 2676 yards. 33 PR's. 293 yards.

I read through quite a few of your posts just to see what you were bringing to the table.

Ignore...buh-bye....

Now that's freakin hilarious. You calling someone whiny! I obviously brought enough to the table to frustrate you because I was drinking your Ginn kool-aid and/or Sweed hater-ade.

I must have hit a nerve. Let's see no name calling, no fishing, just a difference of opinion that the only thing you have to counter is STs...and I get ignored!

Now that is classic! :applaudit: :thumbsup: :toofunny:

I guess this is the old, "Take my ball and go home" stance? :crying01:

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't need a reason to ignore you, but if you insist...I'm just bored with you and there's not enough real content in your posts for me to actually be missing anything (You basically post behind Tony and say "That's right Tony, you tell 'em)...so it's really no bread off my table.

43Hitman
11-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't need a reason to ignore you, but if you insist...I'm just bored with you and there's not enough real content in your posts for me to actually be missing anything (You basically post behind Tony and say "That's right Tony, you tell 'em)...so it's really no bread off my table.

Bwahahahaha..you are quickly becoming a joke..hahahaha.

stlrtruck
11-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Oh, and your posts have been made of real steak and potatoes stuff there.

AllD
11-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I would trade Sweed for Ginn all day long and even throw in a case of Terrible Towels.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2009, 04:16 PM

Ignore...buh-bye....
one fact that your facts doesn't point out, is how much playing time was actually involved in those games. sweed didn't start 16 games.. that only means he dressed for 16 games. ....i'm pretty sure out of ginns 40 games he has started about all of them.

tony hipchest
11-10-2009, 10:16 PM
since "drop it a" ginn is an obvious bust as a wr i wonder how much he really is contributing to the team (and since its a bit unfair to compare him to "real" wr's)...

stefan logan- 27 KO ret. 705 yds. 26 yd ave.
8 punt return- 119 yds

total- 824 yds

ted ginn- 18 KO ret. 586 yds 32 yd ave.
2 punt return- 9 yds

total- 595 (throw in his "receiving" and rushing and he has a whopping grand total of - 849!) :jawdrop:

so in addition to dropping about 3-4 balls a game, he is "contributing" 20 touches on returns in 8 games (3 of which he had 0 KO return yardage).

:laughing: logan >>>>>> ginn

(ive even seen logan on coverage units. how bout "dont ever ask me to make a tackle a" ginn?)

I just want us to have 53 CONTRIBUTING players dressing week to week. He'll have to the end of the season to prove himself and then he needs gone.

thats nice and all, but of the 53 man roster, nfl teams are only permitted to dress 45 week to week. :coffee:

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I stand corrected. 45, not 53.

I never called Logan a bust. That, too, is quite a reach....bust is defined (at least in football terms) as a failure. Logan is not a failure. I want to correct a couple obvious selectively missing stats from the comparison, though.

KR
Logan, 27 total returns 26.1 avg, 705 yards, 0 TD's
Ginn 18 total returns, 32.6 avg, 586 yards, TWO TD'S

So far, Sweed has been a failure. If you want to get into semantics, you could argue that Ginn has failed to live up to his draft status, but it takes quite a leap of logic to call him a flat-out failure.

Finally, as to the amount of looks and playing time, Sweed not making it onto the field is simply an extension of his own failure. You're attempting to say that if he was one the field more, his numbers would improve, however, his failure to get on the field is directly related to his inability to actually produce. Tomlin will dress the 45 players who give him the best chance to win, as will any other coach. If he can't get off the bench, that will continue to contribute to his status as current failure, and it is not a legitimate excuse for that failure. He needs to earn playing time, which he has repeatedly failed to do.

I have no problem continually being attacked for my position. It's a well-reasoned and logical assertion, and very little has happened either on or off the field to change to change it, and I have certainly read NOTHING on this board to suggest anything contrary to what I've clearly stated, although it's cute to repeatedly watch people take out their frustrations on me for calling it as it actually is.

Finally...

Thank you for contributing so very much in the form of articulated opinion, stats, facts, and analysis to the conversation. What's next? Because I think Sweed is a bust I suck? I don't understand football? I put the dude on ignore because I don't really see anything of any relative value being posted form him, and he's certainly a guy who let's emotions cloud his judgment. Besides, I don't need yet another guy stalking behind my posts taking the contrary position simply because it's me posting, with no regard to the actual content or validity of the posts themselves...I already have Tony doing that...

stlrtruck
11-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Thank you for contributing so very much in the form of articulated opinion, stats, facts, and analysis to the conversation. What's next? Because I think Sweed is a bust I suck? I don't understand football? I put the dude on ignore because I don't really see anything of any relative value being posted form him, and he's certainly a guy who let's emotions cloud his judgment. Besides, I don't need yet another guy stalking behind my posts taking the contrary position simply because it's me posting, with no regard to the actual content or validity of the posts themselves...I already have Tony doing that...

POT meet KETTLE

We've all seen it time and again that you do the same thing the moment people don't agree with you. Becuase you don't agree with me or others doesn't mean that it's based on emotion or that my logic is flawed.

And this isn't stalking, this is replying to your posts, but then again why would we do that if we aren't drinking your kool-aid? I mean this is a forum where it requires one to type and give out thoughts that may be contrary to your own.

It also isn't about being contrary to your position and then posting. It, again, is about having a difference of opinion. Because you don't like the stance you what to minimize it and make it seem less important than your own stance and in turn will use various terminology to try to speak "over" someone's head to attempt to make a point.

So keep calling others out for the same thing you do.

And Ginn is still a bust!

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Ahhh...here comes yet another wave of over-emotional personal attacks...

Fun!

tony hipchest
11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Sweed not making it onto the field is simply an extension of his own failure....and this is exactly why i feel your entire premise is flawed and your argument crumbles from the beginning. sweed not making it onto the field is a TESTAMENT to how great hines, holmes, and wallace are playing.

hines is the steelers all time leading receiver and him and holmes are both superbowl MVPs. wallace is having a phenomenal rookie season. he has freakish speed and rarely drops the ball. there is only a tiny handful of players today who are taking the top of the coverage off like he does. perhaps only randy moss and desean jackson are doing it better.

how the hell is sweed (or anyone else) gonna steal reps away from these guys?

according to the logic you are using, shawn mcdonald is also a bust, because he cant beat a rookie or 2 mvp vets for reps.

the fact is, they are both riding the pine for the exact same reason (and being a bust is not it).

theres also another very important point you are missing, but started to sniff it in your last post. we do need our best players on the field.

you do realize that anytime we go to a 4 wr set, we have to take heath miller or rashard mendenhall (or even m. moore) off the field, right? if we go 5 wide we take them both off the field.

nobody is arguing that sweed OR mcdonald are better than any of these wr's or other skill players, but it is clearly not because they suck, that they see so little time.

fact is our team is freaking stacked with talent.

but a"ginn", this isnt about sweed. I could really care less what your OPINION of him is, as i think it obviously flawed and erroneous from the get-go, plus i see a built in bias. passing said opinion off as "be all- end all" fact and truth, is the only problem i have.

now ginn as a bust is legitimate talk in nfl circles. i just watched a great nfl films piece on the giants phil mckonkey, and how he was revered by bill parcells. lets not forget he had the likes of him and dave meggett as returners. they were also clutch work horses who were able to contribute to championships.

parcells hates spending a high pick on a skill guy. he loves the curtis martins, or marion barbers (miles austins) who can be found in the later rounds.

theres a reason he called terry glenn "she" and complained about having to cook the dinner but not being allowed to shop for the groceries. theres a reason he quit the patriots after appearing in the SB.

i believe, as do many, that the writing is on the wall for ginn. his arrow is definitely pointing down, not up. he has steadily regressed as a receiver, and is clearly in the dog house. he has FAILED to live up to his draft status, so for all intents and purposes, going by your set definition, he is a bust.

and if you contend that he was drafted that high for his return skills, i have already illustrated how stefan logan (the last man to make the steelers 53 roster, who us an UDFA in his first year as an NFL player) has just as good of production as a 9th overall pick, making millions of dollars, who is in his 3rd year as a pro.

in no way is that calling logan a bust, but it is a great indication that the ginn experiment in miami will be over sooner than the steelers will be cutting any of their receivers.

i see your argument towards back ups used all the time on this board buy others. hell, in week 2 and 3 tyrone carter was supposedly a stiff, who should be cut and never see the field again. people been calling for his head since 1 missed tackle against jax in the playoffs. yet there he was monday night stepping up when it was asked of him.

i still believe sweed can step up. ginn has only proven to step down at a time when 3rd year pro receivers show to either "get it" or flame out.

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Thank you for removing the flames from that post.

We'll have to agree to disagree...and the beauty is that, as always, time will bear the validity of these arguments out...

As for my quote, I still believe we'll be reading about Ted Ginn in 12 years (in re NFL news), and I do NOT believe the same will hold true for Limas Sweed.

43Hitman
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree...and the beauty is that, as always, time will bear the validity of these arguments out...

As for my quote, I still believe we'll be reading about Ted Ginn in 12 years (in re NFL news), and I do NOT believe the same will hold true for Limas Sweed.

...How can you not see the obvious fallacy in that?

tony hipchest
11-11-2009, 04:19 PM

As for my quote, I still believe we'll be reading about Ted Ginn in 12 years (in re NFL news), and I do NOT believe the same will hold true for Limas Sweed. no prob. :hatsoff: i had noticed you had done the same thus deserved a respectful response. :drink:

i would just like sweed to be afforded the same opportunity that nate washington was given. after he supposedly lost that game against the bungles several years back, many fans relentlessly called for his head, yet if you watch last years championship dvd it is chock full of hellacious catches he made as the #3 wr (and he filled in great on mnf when hines was injured and for holmes vs the giants when he was suspended).

i can easilly admit he may not be afforded that opportunity with the steelers because we are loaded with talent (which is a great problem to have).

ben, miller, holmes, mendenhall are all 1st rounders and our defense still steals the show. WOW!

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
...How can you not see the obvious fallacy in that?

Huh?

Do you even know what the word "fallacy" means.

Part of the original post was a quote of mine about how I though Ginn would still be making headlines 15 years from when he was drafted. He's 3 years in now, and he just LIT up the headlines by returning two kicks in one game for TD's.

And Sweed? Um....not so much....

43Hitman
11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Huh?

Do you even know what the word "fallacy" means.

Part of the original post was a quote of mine about how I though Ginn would still be making headlines 15 years from when he was drafted. He's 3 years in now, and he just LIT up the headlines by returning two kicks in one game for TD's.

And Sweed? Um....not so much....

So you can rightfully predict that Gin will still be making headlines 12 years from now, and Sweed is a bust. That doesn't even make sense!! You literally are going from one end of the spectrum to the other, with no proof of either. You are either inept at seeing this point(which I doubt), or you are just refusing to admit that you painted yourself in a corner and perhaps were......gasp.....wrong. So which is it?

revefsreleets
11-12-2009, 09:14 AM
How can I be wrong?

A) Sweed so far has been a ridiculously awful bust
B) Ginn is still playing, impacting games, and making headlines.

Sweed could turn things around. Ginn could fall flat on his face. But, as of this moment, Ginn has a 10,000X better chance of having some longevity in this league than Ginn does.

stlrtruck
11-12-2009, 09:18 AM
How can I be wrong?

A) Sweed so far has been a ridiculously awful bust
B) Ginn is still playing, impacting games, and making headlines.

Sweed could turn things around. Ginn could fall flat on his face. But, as of this moment, Ginn has a 10,000X better chance of having some longevity in this league than Ginn does.

Ginn has impacted one game. One! And the only headlines he's making is how the dolphins want him gone.

Nice slip in that last quote.

revefsreleets
11-12-2009, 09:41 AM
One more note on this.

We are working with predictions here...simple prognostication.But the EDUCATED guess, the informed opinion I'm suggesting is that, based on the simple numbers, Sweed will most likely bust out of the NFL. His CAREER numbers after 1.5 seasons are 7 catches for 69 yards, 1 return for 0 yards, and a fumble. He is having trouble beating out a journeyman WR for the 4th roster spot, having difficulty staying off the bench. These are NOT leading indicators of a bright and prosperous future in the NFL.

As for Ginn, he has definitely regressed as a WR from last year to this. BUT he posted decent numbers last year, and he's on a steeper learning curve. Even if he does slip to a #2 or #3 WR, he'll still play WR for awhile, and as a return specialist, he could literally play for YEARS. Some guys, like Eddie Drummond and Allan Rossum have made a career out of being return specialists. As for the impact these players have, look at Josh Cribbs and Devin Hester. If these guys can learn to contribute on the offense, that's icing on the cake.

cubanstogie
11-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I just went to the Dolphins forum and they have a long thread that states"Limas Sweed is a bust". People are actually arguing if he is a bust or not. LOL

stlrtruck
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM
I just went to the Dolphins forum and they have a long thread that states"Limas Sweed is a bust". People are actually arguing if he is a bust or not. LOL

Go figure the irony!

Nadroj 20
11-12-2009, 08:16 PM

:link:

I believe you lol just wanna see it

tony hipchest
11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
cubanstogie is obviously just bullshittin....

i know this because dolphin fans would absolutely love to have sweed and demand he be a starter immediately.

their receivers flat out suck (and he would become the #1 target w/in 3 weeks).

Nadroj 20
11-12-2009, 08:34 PM

i know this because dolphin fans would absolutely love to have sweed and demand he be a starter immediately.

I still think they need to throw to Hartline more.

cubanstogie
11-12-2009, 10:17 PM

I think we can agree Sweed would be starting on the fins. Number 2 receiver though.

tony hipchest
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I think we can agree Sweed would be starting on the fins. Number 2 receiver though.im watching the bears right now. jay cutler would absolutely love him even if he did drop 2 balls a game.

the ravens would try to claim him in about 5 minutes if he was ever cut. the rams and browns would make him the franchise.

MasterOfPuppets
11-12-2009, 11:27 PM
One more note on this.

We are working with predictions here...simple prognostication.But the EDUCATED guess, the informed opinion I'm suggesting is that, based on the simple numbers, Sweed will most likely bust out of the NFL. His CAREER numbers after 1.5 seasons are 7 catches for 69 yards, 1 return for 0 yards, and a fumble. He is having trouble beating out a journeyman WR for the 4th roster spot, having difficulty staying off the bench. These are NOT leading indicators of a bright and prosperous future in the NFL.

As for Ginn, he has definitely regressed as a WR from last year to this. BUT he posted decent numbers last year, and he's on a steeper learning curve. Even if he does slip to a #2 or #3 WR, he'll still play WR for awhile, and as a return specialist, he could literally play for YEARS. Some guys, like Eddie Drummond and Allan Rossum have made a career out of being return specialists. As for the impact these players have, look at Josh Cribbs and Devin Hester. If these guys can learn to contribute on the offense, that's icing on the cake. what was the indicator that brought james harrison back to the steelers after they and baltimore cut him ? :noidea:

revefsreleets
11-13-2009, 09:54 AM
what was the indicator that brought james harrison back to the steelers after they and baltimore cut him ? :noidea:

Undrafted Free Agent who worked hard, never quit, and GOT BETTER....contrasted against a second Rd draft pick (who FELL into the second round due to an injury...that has been kind of whitewashed so far). One had high expectations, the other, none. One improved, the other seems to be digressing...

There are a LOT more draft busts than there are FA success stories. I see the angle you are working, but...

You guys clearly want Sweed to succeed so much that you are willing to, um.....overlook his obvious problems. Kudo's to you on your optimism. I wish to remain pragmatic concerning Limas Sweed, and I won't apologize for that position.

stlrtruck
11-13-2009, 10:35 AM
You guys clearly want Sweed to succeed so much that you are willing to, um.....overlook his obvious problems. Kudo's to you on your optimism. I wish to remain pragmatic concerning Limas Sweed, and I won't apologize for that position.

I don't think people are overlooking Sweed's "problems" as much as you think. I know there are a lot of things that he needs to work on. But I still believe he's got some hidden talents that, for whatever reason, he continues to let remain hidden.

Ad yes I am optimistic on Sweed as much as you are hell bent to label him a bust and Ginn a success. And even as you mentioned, only time will tell and unless you've got a time machine somewhere, even your "be-all, end-all" statements are just your opinion and even you can't predict what will happen next year, the year after, etc.

But I guess I'd rather be optimistic.

Aussie_steeler
11-14-2009, 01:05 AM
208 NFL Draft WR class rounds 1 & 2.......................REC YDS AVG LNG TD

Donnie Avery............ Round 2 Pick 33.............Career 75 960 12.8 69 5

Devin Thomas.......... Round 2 Pick 34 ...........Career 22 191 8.7 22 1

Jordy Nelson ............Round 2 Pick 36 ........... Career 40 470 11.8 33 3

James Hardy ............Round 2 Pick 41 ...........Career 9 87 9.7 17 2

Eddie Royal ...............Round 2 Pick 42 .............Career 116 1212 10.4 93 5

Jerome Simpson ......Rd 2 Pick 46 ....................Career 1 2 2.0 2 0

DeSean Jackson....... Rd 2 Pick 49 ...................Career 88 1442 16.4 71 6

Malcolm Kelly ..............Rd 2 Pick 51 ........... .......Career 11 95 8.6 18 0

Limas Sweed .............Rd 2 Pick 53 ....................Career 7 69 9.9 17 0

Dexter Jackson ..........Rd 2 Pick 58 .....................Career 0 0 0.0 0 0

If we draw a line in the sand now and compare the progress of the 2008 NFL Draft wide receiver class I think it would be fair to say that not all have lived up to the expectations held for all.

So far Dexter Jackson has been released by the Bucs and picked up by the Panthers.
The others are finding their feet or beginning to. Eddie Royal, Desean Jackson and Donnie Avery are well on their way to productive careers. The remainder are waiting for opportunities to arise. I was expecting Sweeds stats to be individually the worst of the 2nd round group. I am a little surprised to see the significant struggles of the others too.

I look forward to seeing how these stats evolve over the next 2 or 3 years. At this point I am glad that we didnt land Dexter Jackson, and yes I am still OPTIMISTIC that Limas Sweed will develop into a player that will contribute to the Steeler squad.

It is quite interesting that the 3 tall guys touted in that draft Kelly, Hardy and Sweed have all had very slow starts to their respective careers.

I do look back at that draft and ponder the possibility of a CB pick in round 2 but Sweed definitely was the BPA at that given point in time. THe Bruce Davis pick however was an absolute bust.

MasterOfPuppets
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
looks like ginns allergic reaction to passes reoccured this week...they've opened fire with a new barrage of ginn bashes...:chuckle:

Add it to the lowlight reel of Ginn drops. About a 40 yard pass up the middle. Henne coudn't have thrown it much better.

Ginn pisses me off to no extent and I have been bashing him since week 1. This drop wasn't near as bad as the rest, we still need to keep throwing to him deep, it backs off the defense, it opened up alot of stuff today. LIke I have said before EVENTUALLY THIS BLIND SQUIRREL WILL FIND HIS NUTS!!!!! So for the rant I will try and find the video for you.

It looked like a perfect pass right on Ginns hands to me, no excuse for the drop.

I think this is what happens when you aren't used to actually catching the ball. It was like it stuck in his hands and he was like OH **** , but by then to late to drag his feet.

How about the fact that Sperry, on the roster for all of 1 day has more yards and catches then Tedd Ginn has in the last 3 games

I just don't understand where the hell this is coming from?! He was known for being sucky after the catch, or not getting open but.... this issue of his hands makes NO sense.

Oh, another Ted Ginn thread. Never saw that coming. He is a bust and if he makes plays for us it will be miracle like (i.e Jets game).

Btw this is coming from a Ginn fan. Guess i've finally seen what everyone else has.

Whats there to see another easy Good catchable pass thrown from Henne droped byginn

what i thought was funny was the one pass he finally caught he couldn't get both feet inbounds, haha

I didn't see it either.....I'm sure it isn't much different than the other drops.

He sucks.

I wanted to jump through the tv at the bar and go shank teddy ginn!!! I was so hyped for this game watching it at the bar with friends....FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME!!! A PERFECT PA PASS RIGHT OFF HIS CEMENT *** HANDS....it really could not of been worse. PERFECT PASS!!

It was a tough catch because it hit him in the hands...lol !

MasterOfPuppets
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
now....his kick return critique thread...

Im fine with him running out of bounds when there is nothing to gain. However, When there is a huge whole if he cuts back inside and can gain 10+more yrds but he decides to run out of bounds is when I get pissed.

It also looks to me he tries to get to the sideline the second he gets the ball which is fine but if you see a whole inside take it.

Honestly, if he could catch, I could probably overlook his fear of contact. But every time he plays wide receiver he makes a case for why he shouldn't. The dude drops passes like Carrie Prejean drops sex tapes.

I agree totally, if there's 5 guys ready to kill you then by all means run out of bounds, all thats going to happen is your going to get killed and possibly fumble, but he runs out of bounds like a QB when he's scrambling

He is leave 3-5 yards out there on the field every time he returns the ball. As soon as he gets near the sideline and sees he can't "go all the way"...he ducks out of bounds. It is sick...he's a *****. I'm sure there will be someone coming along saying how good he is and that it is better if he doesn't hurt is poor delicate little body...

More important he is on pace to shatter Braylon Edwards single season record for dropped passes!!

been saying that all along,
dropping pass is about lack of skill and talent,
running out of bounds is about lack of heart.
the first make me sick, the latter make me want to kill myself.

tony hipchest
11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
well he is obviously not a receiver and was drafted #9 over all for his return skillz.

the good news is, he is keeping pace with the steelers udfa nfl rookie returner-

logan- 2 pr/30 yds. 5 kr/110 yds

ginn- 1 pr/7 yds. 5 kr/90 yds

btw does ginn play on coverage teams?

43Hitman
11-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Rev's might know...:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
11-16-2009, 09:46 PM
he taught reed how to takle....:chuckle:

tony hipchest
11-16-2009, 10:19 PM
(oops.. double post)

anyways, i looked for a sweed tribute site, but couldnt find anything as good as this-

tony hipchest
11-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Ted Ginn Sucks
Dropping Passes in Miami since 2007

http://www.tedginnsucks.com/ :chuckle:

(its actually a well done website complete with a message board and cut ted ginn petition...

and highlight films)-

ZYSxJgjjJFc

MasterOfPuppets
11-16-2009, 10:32 PM
the hateraid is flowin in miami....good find...:thumbsup:

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Considering he's a converted CB, he's probably a pretty solid defender on ST...but what do I know, I'm just an ignant homer hater with a vendetta against future HOFer Limas Sweed....

43Hitman
11-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Considering he's a converted CB, he's probably a pretty solid defender on ST...but what do I know, I'm just an ignant homer hater with a vendetta against future HOFer Limas Sweed....

:sofunny: NO ONE has said Limas is a future HOFer :rofl:. Just some of us would rather exercise some patience with him instead of just kicking him to the curb like you have suggested. By the way, when you make statements like the one in bold, you DO look like a homer. :doh:

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, the dude DID play CB on a perennial powerhouse HS football team, and he was recruited onto a perennial top 5 college football program AS a CB. I don't think it's some wild leap of logic to think that he has some tackling skills...

In fact, I wonder if he DOES bust out at WR if he couldn't try switching back to CB? He's a tad small, but he has blazing speed and that is his natural position.

Does THAT make me a homer even though people have been asking if Sweed might not contribute by switching sides of the ball?

The point is, this turned at some point into some kind of sideshow venue to attack me, which is very flaky and weird. If you want to have faith in Sweed, more power to ya, but QUIT killing the messenger just because you don't like the message!

43Hitman
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I am attacking the message not the messenger, don't be so sensitive. In my opinion, Ginn is afraid of contact and that is the reason he was converted to WR...Then he realized that he would have to run crossing routes in the NFL and got scared aGinn. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah, NOT attacking me like in post 107:

And calling me a joke in #135

Or here…this is all about me…#148

So you can rightfully predict that Gin will still be making headlines 12 years from now, and Sweed is a bust. That doesn't even make sense!! You literally are going from one end of the spectrum to the other, with no proof of either. You are either inept at seeing this point(which I doubt), or you are just refusing to admit that you painted yourself in a corner and perhaps were......gasp.....wrong. So which is it?

Or #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest

Rev's might know...

To be fair, your AH attacks pale in comparison to Tony's. Take those away and he only has about 3 posts left in this entire thread...but don't try to tell me you only attacked the arguments. You didn't.

tony hipchest
11-17-2009, 07:01 PM
i havent seen such horrible form in argument and debate in quite a while. whining about AH just 2 posts after such a lame and transparent use of a straw man argument???

what is most ironic is while absolutely NOBODY has even came close to suggesting that sweed will be in the hall of fame, you essentially declared that ted ginn would be.

i love how the initial excuse was that ginn was primarily drafted with the 9th overall pick as a return specialist. thats bunk, because everyone in the entire football world knows he was drafted as a wr/kr return guy (everyone also knows miami drafted him to be their #1 wr).

now the excuse of the day is that he was a cb convert (what... like 6 years ago?) and still needs time to develop his craft. :doh:

steelers have a name for players like that- ike taylor (4th round).

what is really flaky and weird is the blatant hypocricy or your stance and all the circular arguments.

fwiw- ginn isnt exactly racking up the special teams tackles. :laughing:

revefsreleets
11-18-2009, 11:13 AM
I saw nothing of any relevance in that last post...

I'm outta this thread for good...have fun!

43Hitman
11-19-2009, 10:38 AM

Promise?

MasterOfPuppets
11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4064/thatsallfolksporkypig.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/thatsallfolksporkypig.jpg/)

tony hipchest
11-19-2009, 11:20 PM

sure thing!

Yeah, NOT attacking me like in post 107:

To be fair, your AH attacks pale in comparison to Tony's. Take those away and he only has about 3 posts left in this entire thread...but don't try to tell me you only attacked the arguments. You didn't.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/attack.jpg

:wave:

augustashark
11-20-2009, 02:34 AM
If ever a thread needed to die, this sure as hell would be the one.

stlrtruck
11-20-2009, 04:29 PM
And last night

4 catches and a whopping 32 yards, with half of that in one catch.

Burning his way to the HOF.

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
I havent commented on this thread, but to really be a "great" receiver, you kind of need someone that can actually get you the ball. Just saying, Miami hasn't a great QB since 1999.

43Hitman
11-20-2009, 05:00 PM
I havent commented on this thread, but to really be a "great" receiver, you kind of need someone that can actually get you the ball. Just saying, Miami hasn't a great QB since 1999.

That would be true if the other receivers on the team weren't doing jack, but that's not the case. To be honest Henne has thrown the ball pretty good since getting to start.

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok, but I'm not sure I'd call the guy a bust is all.

Rookie year he starts in 9 games, 34 catches for 420 yards 2 tds.
08 he starts 14 games, 56 catches 790 yards (lead the team)
09 he's started 9 games, 23 catches 250 yards not great.

But you would also have to look at his return skills.

in 3 years, he has 2851 yards and 2 TDs for KO Returns with a 23.8 Return average that has only gone up each year.

I mean he isn't "setting the world on fire" but the kid has some skills.

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
but when they have gotten him the ball....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYSxJgjjJFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYSxJgjjJFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM

Rookie year he starts in 9 games, 34 catches for 420 yards 2 tds.

But you would also have to look at his return skills.

in 3 years, he has 2851 yards and 2 TDs for KO Returns with a 23.8 Return average that has only gone up each year.

I mean he isn't "setting the world on fire" but the kid has some skills.
those stats look similiar to, troy "the bust" edwards stats. ... keep in mind his average salary is about 4 million a year . and he was a top 10 pick. theres 13 rookies that have 20 or more catches so far this year. all but 3 of those have more yards than ginn.

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
those stats look similiar to, troy "the bust" edwards stats. ... keep in mind his average salary is about 4 million a year . and he was a top 10 pick. theres 13 rookies that have 20 or more catches so far this year. all but 3 of those have more yards than ginn.

Not so...Troy Edwards' production got Worse each season. From 714, to 218 to being deligated as basically just a returner his 3rd season, And he didn't have nearly the return yards that Ginn has in just his first 2 1/2 years.

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Not so...Troy Edwards' production got Worse each season. From 714, to 218 to being deligated as basically just a returner his 3rd season, And he didn't have nearly the return yards that Ginn has in just his first 2 1/2 years.
you pointed out the qb as a possable reason for lack of ginns production...who was throwing balls to edwards ?:wink02:

i bet you'd be hard pressed to find a phin fan that would agree with you that he's not a bust... i check out thier site every now and again...last year there were a few still holding out... they threw in the towel this year.

tony hipchest
11-20-2009, 07:46 PM

sorry, but that weak excuse simply isnt going to fly in this thread. chad pennington is historically one of the most accurate passers of all time with a career 66.1%.

last year- 67.4% and 3653 yds 7.7 ypa (this year through 3 games- 68.9%)

his return skills this year are on par with rookie undrafted free agent stefan logan. :hunch:

as for the rest of his stats, it looks like the team leader in 08 barely accounted for 20% of the receiving yards. it would also seem that as the #1 target, with only 56 catches and pennington throwing for over 3600 yds and 66%, dropped a hell of alot of accurately thrown passes. :noidea:

you dont have to believe me. just see the game 2 loss at his fingertips and his subsequent benching this season.

i mean, even braylon edwards, the butterfinger king, put up pro bowl numbers with an absolute turd throwing him the ball.

finally, it simply doesnt matter if you would call him a bust or not. it doesnt matter what anyone would call him, because revs is the only one around here who can set the definition of what a "bust" is... anybody elses opinion doesnt matter (although you may gain more credence if you agree with him). :noidea:

he has made that perfectly clear and everyone else is supposedly wrong.

if you need a clearer definition, just ask him if brian robiskie is a bust and watch the waters REALLY get muddied. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
11-20-2009, 09:29 PM
He's just the kind of player that gives us fits...great Kickoff Returner, Average Receiver, Very Shifty with Great Speed.

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2009, 11:42 PM
He's just the kind of player that gives us fits...great Kickoff Returner, Average Receiver, Very Shifty with Great Speed.
actually if he was an average receiver he'd still be starting.... :noidea:

tony hipchest
11-21-2009, 12:03 AM
09 he's started 9 games, 23 catches 250 yards not great. .

:confused:

actually if he was an average receiver he'd still be starting.... :noidea:

according to dino's "stats" and revs fantasies, he is and will be :laughing:

meanwhile... back in the real world....

:coffee:

(what part of ginn was benched a month ago do people not understand????) :dang:

MasterOfPuppets
11-21-2009, 12:12 AM
on a side note.....sweeeeeed :tt02:

Sweed makes progress

Wide receiver Limas Sweed, who has dressed for the past two games, has climbed back into favor of sorts with the coaching staff after three good weeks of practice.

"He's done it in practice. He's earned the right to get back out on the field," Arians said. "I have confidence in him, but we're not going to take Heath [Miller] out to put a fourth wideout in right now, especially with the zone blitz packages we're seeing. He just has to bide his time.

"He's got a bright future. He's had three great weeks of practice. I would have no qualms putting him in the ballgame."

Sweed has been inactive in four of the Steelers' nine games.

revs says fans don't know jack shit compared to the coaches and FO....sooooooo....:noidea:

JPPT1974
11-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Seems that people that are from the college ranks and do awesome, don't do as awesome in the pros. There is a difference you know!

tony hipchest
11-21-2009, 01:03 AM
but what does arians know?

:rofl:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ono_whap.gif

tony hipchest
11-21-2009, 01:49 AM
If ever a thread needed to die, this sure as hell would be the one.hey aughusta, good to see ya! here i thought you were banned permamently.

nice new avi! is that you with your fist up the puppets ass.....

or are you the dummy?

nevermind...

redundancy defined.

revefsreleets
11-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Errrr....just wanted to correct a few MORE errors.

Ginn was never BENCHED. Benched means he ain't playing...that's what happened to Sweed. He was 'inactive in 4 games", i.e. "benched".

Ginn was never benched. He was demoted. In the very first game he was demoted he was still on the field with the offense for 16 plays. He still returned kicks. In fact, he caught 4 passes Thursday night. He also had 2 KR's for 85 yards, a hefty 42.5 average. NOT good enough for a #9 overall, but way better than nothing...

Speaking of nothing, nothing to report further on Sweed's stat line...still at 1 catch for 5 yards for the year. Although it does look like he's going to get a chance to play a little at some point this year. Good for him.

43Hitman
11-21-2009, 01:19 PM

Ginn was never BENCHED. Benched means he ain't playing...that's what happened to Sweed. He was 'inactive in 4 games", i.e. "benched".

Ginn was never benched. He was demoted. In the very first game he was demoted he was still on the field with the offense for 16 plays. He still returned kicks. In fact, he caught 4 passes Thursday night. He also had 2 KR's for 85 yards, a hefty 42.5 average. NOT good enough for a #9 overall, but way better than nothing...

Speaking of nothing, nothing to report further on Sweed's stat line...still at 1 catch for 5 yards for the year. Although it does look like he's going to get a chance to play a little at some point this year. Good for him.

I thought you were done with this thread....I feel like you broke a promise, very disappointed. Since your back in the saddle again, why wasn't Ginn in on that final drive by the Fins when it mattered most? Seems like a #9 pick should be out there in the clutch..:noidea:

tony hipchest
11-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Ginn was never benched. He was demoted. .

:toofunny: i bet if you repeat that 20 more times you will actually start to believe it yourself. is that all you got???

is that what you returned to this thread for after declaring your self out (i.e. "self benching")? :laughing: to play semantics and try to be a dictionary cop??? rotfailmao.

nobody really cares what YOUR definition of a bust or being benched is. youre obviously confusing benched with deactivated.

the more you fight it, refute it, or try to redefine it, the sillier you look.

it all boils down to this.... while all the big boys (i.e. "real" football players) are out on the field throwing passes, catching balls, making tackles, and toting the rock, there is your little precious ginn riding the pine (i.e. bench) right alongside the punter and kicker. if he's lucky, on a good day, he gets to see the field as much as those 2 combined. :thumbsup:

ginn = dog and pony show. the sooner you accept that, instead of letting the homeritis suck you in, the better off you will be.

:wave: "bu..bu..bu..sweeeeeeeeed"

really?

HometownGal
11-21-2009, 02:39 PM
First - who gives a rat's patoot about Ted Ginn, Jr.? :banging:

Second - the baiting and attempts at subtle insults is reaching the point where locking down this thread is a possibility. The ball is in the court of those of you still playing in the sandbox.

tony hipchest
11-21-2009, 03:12 PM
First - who gives a rat's patoot about Ted Ginn, Jr.? :banging:

Second - the baiting and attempts at subtle insults is reaching the point where locking down this thread is a possibility. The ball is in the court of those of you still playing in the sandbox.

well, since the subject of "busts" have come up (so often and repeatedly) in the steelers forum, i think ted ginn jr. is a relevant topic in the nfl forum.

after all, he is currently the biggest bust in the nfl this side of alex smith and vince young. but, being that smith and young are actually starting and contributing to wins for their teams now....

well, that leaves ginn (and soon to be vernon gholston). if revs dont like the topic, i suggest he do as he say, show some self restraint, and stay out.

for instance, people hate brett favre. i still enjoy watching him play. it is a relevant topic regardless of who disagrees.

rickey williams and cedric benson are playing great. if circumstances were different and we werent stacked at running back, perhaps they would have looked good in the black and gold (throw larry johnson into that mix). :noidea:

i dont know... but it is still a relevant topic of discussion no matter who disagrees.

i would hate to see it come to the point where nobody can even post a negative thought about jeff gordon, or labron james out of fear of somebody throwing a hissy...

this board is about opinions, and 1 single person's shouldnt be self exalted as the "be all, end all".

EDIT: as an act of good faith, i am going to start a positive thread about a former OSU player... :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
11-21-2009, 03:28 PM
so this is baiting , but the official bash / make fun of democrats wasn't ? seems to me there's a hell of a lot more insults / baiting and bad blood going on in the locker room than there is in this thread...:noidea:

revefsreleets
11-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Ginn cannot, by definition, be judged a bust just yet....even though the expectation are slightly higher for him being a first rd pick instead of a second round pick.

I'm not baiting anyone. I'm just pointing out some inconvenient truths via facts and figures and stats...when I left the thread it turned into a Sarah Palin interview, with lots of fluffy talk puff but zero facts....so I wanted to come back and provide a little bit of a rudder for this off-course ship...

And LOL at dude saying deactivation is >>> to being demoted. When the original argument and post was BS to begin with, and it's called out, I guess the rules are out the window in the desperate scramble to backpeddle and cover tracks...

MAY want to put a little more thought into posting the thread before posting it in the future...

So I'll stay out of this thread in the future with the caveat that it stays on the up-and-up and has some real facts and stuff. Ignorant hate for one player who has at least accomplished SOMETHING coupled with unwarranted love for another player who has done nothing but eat up salary is NO way to run a thread...

tony hipchest
11-21-2009, 04:31 PM
:huh:

"pa... pa... pa... palin" ??? :alcoholic

I'm outta this thread for good...have fun!:footinmou

:wave:

only 1 person has continually brought up sweed in this thread. it is about ginn. stick to your word and stay out instead of laying out guidelines and caveats. :screwy: ignorant love for ginn is completely absurd. :noidea:

fansince'76
11-21-2009, 09:18 PM
so this is baiting , but the official bash / make fun of democrats wasn't ? seems to me there's a hell of a lot more insults / baiting and bad blood going on in the locker room than there is in this thread...:noidea:

Apples and oranges. This thread was started to specifically call out someone's prediction of how Ginn's career would progress and ridicule it and it has devolved from that point.

good call revs...

Oh boy...

Ted Ginn Jr.

:chuckle:- irony.

Due to some confusion on my part, I unknowingly used the incorrect thread to make fun of B.O. and the Democrats. To avoid any further confusion, I have started the official Make fun of/Bash/question/attack Obama/Democrats/or any left leaning Politicians thread. This will include posts and links from "Right Wing Conspiracy" Websites, Conservative Pundits, and of coarse, all B.O. Haters and Bashers.

First on the List

Obama White House Parties on as “Rome” Burns

http://www.freedomwatchusa.org/obama-white-house-parties-on-as-rome-burns/

See the difference between those OPs?

With that, the giant pissing match that is this thread has been allowed to live too long. Thread closed.