PDA

View Full Version : World Series

Shea
10-27-2009, 09:56 PM
So it's the Yankees versus the Phillies in the WS.

Anyone interested or are the majority of posters here Pirates fans and because of recent ownership have come to loathe baseball? :chuckle:

I'm mostly hoping for a seven game series just to make it more interesting and intense. But I am rooting for the Yankees to win due to the fact that I'm a huge Pens fan and can't root for anything Philly because of it.

Who will the other baseball fans here be rooting for?

Nadroj 20
10-27-2009, 10:02 PM
So it's the Yankees versus the Phillies in the WS.

Anyone interested or are the majority of posters here Pirates fans and because of recent ownership have come to loathe baseball? :chuckle:

I'm mostly hoping for a seven game series just to make it more interesting and intense. But I am rooting for the Yankees to win due to the fact that I'm a huge Pens fan and can't root for anything Philly because of it.

Who will the other baseball fans here be rooting for?

I hate the yankees and im an Atlanta Braves fan therefore i hate the phillies

So this WS pretty much sucks for me lol

Shea
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Ok, Nadrog not feeling this match-up. :chuckle:

Anyone besides me that will be watching and following the outcome? Although I'll probably be irritated when there's no SNF due to conflict with viewership for the WS.

Football and Pens trump baseball anyday.

Nadroj 20
10-27-2009, 10:29 PM

Anyone besides me that will be watching and following the outcome? Although I'll probably be irritated when there's no SNF due to conflict with viewership for the WS.

Woah lol its Nadroj...read it backwards and itll make more sense

Im bored and have nothing better to do then correct you so im sorry :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
10-27-2009, 10:48 PM

Amen to that. And I might add Nascar, college football, march madness, Winter Olympics ect. Sorry, I'm just so down on baseball because of the Pirates. The Pirates and baseball were my first sport as a kid, but thanks to the Steinbrenners and their ilk (including the Nuttings), I have a hard time getting excited.

That said, it is sports and I will root for the anybody but Yankees team.

KeiselPower99
10-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I hate the Yankees. Not a fan of the Phils either but I like Cliff Lee and Charlie Manuel.

tony hipchest
10-27-2009, 10:54 PM

that would be me. recent ownership???

i might take actual rooting interest if pittsburgh still had a MLB team like before '93 when they transferred to the minors.

other than that, i root against the yankees and have always pulled for the philly teams ever since i was five. it was pittsburgh first and pennsylvania second since i was a kid.

i hope the phillys win in 4, but this is probably the year g. steinbrenner proves you can only hold good money down for so long.

he's probably paid out a billion dollars to get this next crown, so i guess he deserves and has "earned" it.

NEPAsteeler
10-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Not really big on baseball in general, but most of my friends are Yankees fans so I guess I'll be pulling for them. My friends would kill me if I didn't. :chuckle:

cubanstogie
10-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I am the one guy not living in NY rooting for the Yanks. Hate the phillies and especially Pedro. I used to play and love baseball, now I only watch the games in person when I see the Giants or on tv during playoffs. I am a Giants fan but love the Yankee tradition with all the great players.

Shea
10-27-2009, 11:44 PM
My apologies Jordan. :wink02:

Tony, current instead of recent should have been the more appropriate word I used to describe the Pirates' ownership. I have a huge love for the Steelers and Penguins, and would love to see the Pirates succeed because of how I can relate to all the fans and people within the city and beyond in the two sports. But I've never stepped foot in the state of Pennsylvania, so I just can't feel or root for Philly.

The evil empire that is the Yankees are in. It's definitely bought, I agree, but I still can't get myself to root for Philly.

SteelMember
10-28-2009, 07:07 AM
I hate the yankees and im an Atlanta Braves fan therefore i hate the phillies

So this WS pretty much sucks for me lol

I'm with you there. It's like picking the lesser of two evils.

Although, I am a national league fan at heart, so I'll probably back the Phills.

Nadroj 20
10-28-2009, 07:16 AM
My apologies Jordan. :wink02:

Tony, current instead of recent should have been the more appropriate word I used to describe the Pirates' ownership. I have a huge love for the Steelers and Penguins, and would love to see the Pirates succeed because of how I can relate to all the fans and people within the city and beyond in the two sports. But I've never stepped foot in the state of Pennsylvania, so I just can't feel or root for Philly.

The evil empire that is the Yankees are in. It's definitely bought, I agree, but I still can't get myself to root for Philly.

:thumbsup: no problem Shea lol

stlrtruck
10-28-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm torn between the two.

1) My father-in-law is a Yankees fan and in turn he does pull for the Steelers (probably more so for his daughter's sake).

2) I use to work for the Phillies in their minor league office. Still got friends that work there.

Christian Snyder
10-28-2009, 07:52 AM
As a Boston Red Sox fan I loathe the Yankees.... So, GO PHILLIES!:thumbsup:

TheWarDen86
10-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Die hard Yankees fan. GO YANKS!!!

Christian Snyder
10-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Die hard Yankees fan. GO YANKS!!! The Spankees are going DOWN!

Phils in 5

Nadroj 20
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Even though this world series makes me SICK lol my prediction would have to go to the Yankees.

Yanks in 6

TheWarDen86
10-28-2009, 07:11 PM
The Spankees are going DOWN!

Phils in 5

*sigh* Maybe. Maybe not. We'll have to see, won't we. But now I know whose face I'm going to rub it in if we do win it.

Christian Snyder
10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
*sigh* Maybe. Maybe not. We'll have to see, won't we. But now I know whose face I'm going to rub it in if we do win it. I know whose face I'm gonna' rub it in if the Phillies win also.:chuckle:

1-0 PHILLS

tony hipchest
10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
its raining, its pouring....

im snoring.

:yawn: this game is boring.

*searches for a charlie brown halloween special that ive seen a hunnerd times*

hindes204
10-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Im a die hard Pirates fan first........which means alot of dissapointment and pain year after year, but i refuse to give up, we will be good again, i know it in my heart. Born and raised in Pittsburgh so i have to go with the phillies due to the pennsylvania connection

Shea
10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Well it's looking good for the Phillies so far. Up by two and two on with no outs in the top of the eighth. Would be nice to see the Yankees find a way to tie it up and maybe go extra innings. Now that the Pens game is over, I could go for some more baseball.

Christian Snyder
10-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Phillies win!!!!

TheWarDen86
10-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Phillies win!!!!

Congratulations. Cliff Lee pitched his ass off! C.C. pitched well too (one bad pitch by my count) but our bullpen SUCKED. Hopefully we can go into Philly 1-1.

Get ready for the "Who's Your Daddy" chants tonight! lol

Steelboy84
10-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Yanks and Cavs lose on the same night.

Works for me. :-)

TheWarDen86
10-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Yanks and Cavs lose on the same night.

Works for me. :-)

If basketball ceased to exist, it would take me yeeeaaaars to notice.

OneForTheToe
10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
The anybody but the Yankees won.:thumbsup:

Nadroj 20
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
If basketball ceased to exist, it would take me yeeeaaaars to notice.

WOW really? Do you mean just the NBA or all basketball?

I think the one of the best times of the year is March Madness.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2009, 05:24 PM

NBA. I like watching my son play.

Baseball and Football is all I have time for. I sometimes watch a little NASCAR to get me from the Super Bowl to Spring Training, but......to be honest I'd rather watch soccer over the NBA. Then again, I love the sport of soccer.

Christian Snyder
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Congratulations. Cliff Lee pitched his ass off! C.C. pitched well too (one bad pitch by my count) but our bullpen SUCKED. Hopefully we can go into Philly 1-1.

Get ready for the "Who's Your Daddy" chants tonight! lol Ain't going to happen. The Phillies will win tonight.

Prediction: 7-4 Phillies.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Ain't going to happen. The Phillies will win tonight.

Prediction: 7-4 Phillies.

You talk too much. We've handled Pedro in the past (for many years). We've also come back from an 0-2 start to win four straight in the WS.

What's with the "Go Iggles" crap in here BTW?

cubanstogie
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM

I agree March madness is awesome, and then there is the fact that the Masters in only weeks away. The NBA is pathetic. I don't even watch the playoffs anymore.

tony hipchest
10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
joe girardi = joe camel.

i aint even gonna dig up the images to prove it. y'all know its true.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
joe girardi = joe camel.

i aint even gonna dig up the images to prove it. y'all know its true.

I don't care if he looks like mighty joe young, joe lewis, joe schmoe, john doe OR Jane; he better mangage a frickin WIN tonight!!

:banging:

:wink02:

Christian Snyder
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM
You talk too much. We've handled Pedro in the past (for many years). We've also come back from an 0-2 start to win four straight in the WS.

What's with the "Go Iggles" crap in here BTW? The Eagles are my second favorite team.

cubanstogie
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Stairs strikes out Yanks win.

Christian Snyder
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, the Yanks played a great game and the Phils lost their bats. Encouraging.... St least Pedro pitched a decent game.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I have all the faith in the world in Andy Pettite to pitch game three down in Philly. Not sure if we're going to stay with the three man rotation, but that bull pen needs to get it together and Mo needs to NOT save any consecutive 2 inning games.

IMO The worst case is the Yanks coming back to NYC down 3-2.

Galax Steeler
10-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Damn Yankees won that sucks.:banging:

Shea
11-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Yanks up 2-1. I don't see them winning the next two in Philly, so we should get a series that goes six games, hopefully seven. Winner takes all always makes for a great game in any sport.

Christian Snyder
11-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Well, that sucked.... The Phillies need to win game 4.

TheWarDen86
11-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Well, that sucked.... The Phillies need to win game 4.

Would you say they "must win" game 4? lol

And no, that game was AWESOME! Mo closed it out with about 5 pitches too.

TheWarDen86
11-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Yanks up 2-1. I don't see them winning the next two in Philly, so we should get a series that goes six games, hopefully seven. Winner takes all always makes for a great game in any sport.

Well, the Phils have the bats but in a match-up between CC Sabathia and Joe Blanton, I'd tend to lean towards Sabathia. But, I won't get too over-confident until the Yanks have won 3 and are up by 10+ in the next one.

GO YANKS!!!

SteelTalons
11-01-2009, 02:08 PM
As long as the Phillies lose... Whatever... Rooting for the Yankee's is pretty shitty though. That'd be like having Baltimore beat us in the AFCCG and having to root for Dallas. :horror:

Oh well maybe next year...

http://www.lasportscentral.com/.a/6a011168b5213f970c01156f4037fb970c-320wi

Christian Snyder
11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Would you say they "must win" game 4? lol

And no, that game was AWESOME! Mo closed it out with about 5 pitches too. Okay, it's a must win game.

Shea
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Phillies just tied it up in the eighth. We got ourselves a game now.

TheWarDen86
11-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Oh HEELLLLLLLL YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! 3-1 Baby!!!

Shea
11-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Phillies backs are now against the wall. Will be interesting to see how they respond tomorrow.

AJ Burnett versus Cliff Lee is the match-up. Lee has been pitching well, so I'm predicting a Philly win, and then back to the Bronx for game six.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 11:27 PM
its over.

congrats yankoffs (i guess).

now PLEASE mlbsuck dont ever screw with my sunday night football again. (im getting sick of this shit even if it is only 1 time a year).

Christian Snyder
11-02-2009, 06:03 AM
I thought the Phillies were the best team in the MLB.... The Spankees have proven me wrong. The Phillies may win tonight, but they will lose game 6 or game 7 then.

:banging::banging::banging:

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 08:21 AM
its over.

congrats yankoffs (i guess).

now PLEASE mlbsuck dont ever screw with my sunday night football again. (im getting sick of this shit even if it is only 1 time a year).

That's not MLB screwing with Sunday NIght Football. That's thw NFL's Thursday Night Football screwing with your SUnday NIght Football.

Just because you don't understand baseball Tony, don't be a hater. :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
11-02-2009, 08:30 AM
I think the phillies will win the game tonight to keep the series going with Lee pitching, but the yankees will still win the series.

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I think the phillies will win the game tonight to keep the series going with Lee pitching, but the yankees will still win the series.

I'd almost like the Yanks to sacrifice a pitcher tonight so: A). it goes back to the Bronx and B). we don't waste the efforts of A.J. Burnett against Cliff Lee.

On the other hand, having lost the last two WS, I'd just as soon get it over with too. :noidea:

Nadroj 20
11-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I'd almost like the Yanks to sacrifice a pitcher tonight so: A). it goes back to the Bronx and B). we don't waste the efforts of A.J. Burnett against Cliff Lee.

On the other hand, having lost the last two WS, I'd just as soon get it over with too. :noidea:

Yes i know what you mean, using a good pitcher against Lee almost seems like a waste even more so when Lee is pitching at home.

But if you want a chance to beat Lee you have to give yourself the best chance on D so i would say burnett is you best option i guess.

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Yes i know what you mean, using a good pitcher against Lee almost seems like a waste even more so when Lee is pitching at home.

But if you want a chance to beat Lee you have to give yourself the best chance on D so i would say burnett is you best option i guess.

If they Yanks would battle each at bat we'd have a great chance at putting up a few runs on Lee, but they don't seem to want to make the pitcher work (save Johnny Damon and Derek Jeter). You know, another thing is that although Cliff Lee was brilliant in game one, his record is still 14-13. He IS hittable. We'll see, but I'm pretty confident in the Yanks ability to get it done. If not tonight, then back home on Wednesday.

That said, I think the ump was very erratic/inconsistent in the first 4 or so innings. I don't think I'm being bias here, but I believe it made CC look more average and Joe Blanton look better than he is.

SteelMember
11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
If the Yanks do indeed pull this off, how much will be made of them shortening their rotation as opposed to the Phills not getting their best guys out there as many times as possible? 4 or 5 men rotations are great to get you through a long summer, but in a head to head series, I just don't get it. I like the Yanks approach there.

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 02:52 PM
If the Yanks do indeed pull this off, how much will be made of them shortening their rotation as opposed to the Phills not getting their best guys out there as many times as possible? 4 or 5 men rotations are great to get you through a long summer, but in a head to head series, I just don't get it. I like the Yanks approach there.

Well, the Yanks did it out of necessity. I think the Phils believe they have a quality rotation.
Either way, it's been an exciting series so far.

stlrtruck
11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
My prediction is that the Yankees don't give it 100% tonight in order to go back to the new stadium and win it there.

I wouldn't be surprised if MLB wants it that way too.

fansince'76
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
You mean someone actually cares about the contest to see who's the best between the "we have one player on our roster who makes more than the combined payrolls of the bottom 10 MLB teams plus the combined GDPs of at least 40 third world countries" baseball franchises?

Hope it's over soon - I'm tired of this shit preempting Sunday night football.

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 03:47 PM
You mean someone actually cares about the contest to see who's the best between the "we have one player on our roster who makes more than the combined payrolls of the bottom 10 MLB teams plus the combined GDPs of at least 40 third world countries" baseball franchises?

Hope it's over soon - I'm tired of this shit preempting Sunday night football.

No love for baseball???? It's about as American as it gets.

fansince'76
11-02-2009, 04:13 PM
No love for baseball???? It's about as American as it gets.

Baseball? Sure - I watch the Little League World Series every year. The "haves vs. have-nots" MLB? No thanks. And I'll ditch the NFL in a heartbeat if the Robert Krafts, Jerry Joneses and the Dan Snyders of the league get their way and the NFL goes down the same road, because the Steelers will be pretty much guaranteed to become noncompetitive at that point. I'm not interested in watching billionaire asshats like Steinbrenner buy championships.

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Baseball? Sure - I watch the Little League World Series every year. The "haves vs. have-nots" MLB? No thanks. And I'll ditch the NFL in a heartbeat if the Robert Krafts, Jerry Joneses and the Dan Snyders of the league get their way and the NFL goes down the same road, because the Steelers will be pretty much guaranteed to become noncompetitive at that point. I'm not interested in watching billionaire asshats like Steinbrenner buy championships.

I can appreciate the whole money thing, but to be honest money cannot buy Championships. Last time the Yanks won anything it was with predominantly home grown talent (FA here and there). Jones won with drafted talent too and Snyder hasn't won squat. Krafts scheme is a little bit different than the rest of 'em, plus they cheat.

Yanks lost the last two WS to teams whose salaries were roughly 25% of what the Yanks roster was worth.

I've said it before, I'm glad the Yankee organization puts all that money back into the team. Some organizations don't.

fansince'76
11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
I can appreciate the whole money thing, but to be honest money cannot buy Championships. Last time the Yanks won anything it was with predominantly home grown talent (FA here and there). Jones won with drafted talent too and Snyder hasn't won squat. Krafts scheme is a little bit different than the rest of 'em, plus they cheat.

The only real reason that Snyder hasn't won anything yet is because the current structure of the NFL (thankfully) doesn't allow a team to simply outspend everyone else to get into the postseason every single year. Without a salary cap, Snyder could buy a team that is so laden with talent, even he couldn't eff it up.

Yanks lost the last two WS to teams whose salaries were roughly 25% of what the Yanks roster was worth.

Yeah, but have those two teams stayed competitive? The Diamondbacks have been back to the postseason a grand total of two times in the eight years since they beat the Yankees in 2001, and the Marlins haven't been back to the postseason since they they beat the Yankees in 2003. The Yankees, meanwhile, have missed the postseason ONCE in the last fourteen years. I don't want the NFL turning into a league where the Steelers might make the postseason once a decade (and even then only because they're so well-run and probably only to be knocked out in the WC round) because they simply don't have an owner with deep enough pockets to compete year-in and year-out.

tony hipchest
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I've said it before, I'm glad the Yankee organization puts all that money back into the team. Some organizations don't.peter king wrote how it was pretty cold at the yankee stadium last series.

hot chocolate was being sold in the stands for $9.

thats nine bucks for some hot water and artificial chocolate flavored powder.

yep. thats about as american as it gets. :dang:

buck faseball. i'll care once my team is able to compete.

some shitrag just named the pirate rookie "ROTY". if he keeps it up its nice to know he will be a yankee or redsock within 2 years.

:mad:

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 05:20 PM
The only real reason that Snyder hasn't won anything yet is because the current structure of the NFL (thankfully) doesn't allow a team to simply outspend everyone else to get into the postseason every single year. Without a salary cap, Snyder could buy a team that is so laden with talent, even he couldn't eff it up.

Yeah, but have those two teams stayed competitive? The Diamondbacks have been back to the postseason a grand total of two times in the eight years since they beat the Yankees in 2001, and the Marlins haven't been back to the postseason since they they beat the Yankees in 2003. The Yankees, meanwhile, have missed the postseason ONCE in the last fourteen years. I don't want the NFL turning into a league where the Steelers might make the postseason once a decade (and even then only because they're so well-run and probably only to be knocked out in the WC round) because they simply don't have an owner with deep enough pockets to compete year-in and year-out.

We'll have to agree to disagree here my friend.

As far as the Steelers; Pittsburgh isn't New York or L.A. but the Steelers are a premiere franchise and I couldn't see them not competing even without a salary cap. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would seem to me that our scouting department is where it starts.

BTW - We also forgot to mention Al Davis. :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
peter king wrote how it was pretty cold at the yankee stadium last series.

some shitrag just named the pirate rookie "ROTY". if he keeps it up its nice to know he will be a yankee or redsock within 2 years.

:mad:

Hey, the Pirates are the MLB's farm team. I hate that too, but they like to trade their stars. It's not all F/A.

Concessions in most venues is outrageously priced. Especially in this area, But the avg income is higher too so it's all relative.

Oh c'mon Tone. Sour Grapes do not become you. :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
peter king wrote how it was pretty cold at the yankee stadium last series.

:mad: Hey, I like the Pirates... They develop players for teams like the Red Sox and Spankees. So, I'll like the Pirates as long as they develop players for my favorite team, the Boston RED SOX!

:chuckle::toofunny:

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey, I like the Pirates... They develop players for teams like the Red Sox and Spankees. So, I'll like the Pirates as long as they develop players for my favorite team, the Boston RED SOX!

:chuckle::toofunny:

Wait, you're a Sawx fan?

Don't ever speak to me again in this life or the next.

:wink02:

Christian Snyder
11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Wait, you're a Sawx fan?

Don't ever speak to me again in this life or the next.

:wink02: THE SOX RULE! The Spankees drool!:chuckle:

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 06:47 PM
THE SOX RULE! The Spankees drool!:chuckle:

"Nineteen-Eighteen. Ninet...... er....Two thousand five." :chuckle:

Congrats on ditching the curse, but we still own your asses.

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 07:40 PM
If it make syou feel any better Tone, I can't listen to the World Series anywhere on Satellite radio because MNF (between two teams I could care less about) are being broadcast on THREE DIFFERENT STATIONS. :banging:

Nadroj 20
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Series now 3-2, going back to New York, i think the yanks win thier first game back at home and if they dont CC is going game 7

I just think it will be very difficult for the phillies to win this series, but they kept it going tonight.

Christian Snyder
11-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Phillies win... Now we need it to rain or snow for 4 days straight, so Lee can pitch game 5.

Nadroj 20
11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Phillies win... Now we need it to rain or snow for 4 days straight, so Lee can pitch game 5.

Lol that would be nice.....game 6 :wink02:

KeiselPower99
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Who is Manuel gonna throw out in game 6? Cause game 7 will be Sabathia and Lee part 2

Nadroj 20
11-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Who is Manuel gonna throw out in game 6? Cause game 7 will be Sabathia and Lee part 2

Game 7 is 3 days away if there is a game 7. Im pretty sure Hamels will pitch game 7, Lee hasnt ever pitched on 3 days rest

As for game 6 i think pedro is going to pitch.

TheWarDen86
11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Well, came down to the wire, but......I still can't believe Jeter of all people hit into a DP.

Anyway, the ideal scenario for a Yankee fan:

Andy Pettite wins it at home in the new stadium over the hated Pedro "I may as well just call dem my Daddys" Martinez.

Let's go Yanks!

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Lol that would be nice.....game 6 :wink02: Oops. I mean Game 6.:chuckle:

stlrtruck
11-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Sorry but the WS won't go to game 7. I picked last nights victory for the fightin' phils only because NY has a brand new house and you can bet your bottom dollar they want to end it's first year with a big arse party!

That party starts Wed night.

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Well, came down to the wire, but......I still can't believe Jeter of all people hit into a DP.

Anyway, the ideal scenario for a Yankee fan:

Andy Pettite wins it at home in the new stadium over the hated Pedro "I may as well just call dem my Daddys" Martinez.

Let's go Yanks! He pitched a decent game in G2 of the WS, the Phillies offense didn't supply (don't know if that's the word I'm looking for) him with any runs. Hopefully, Pedro will pitch another good game and the Phillies will score alot of runs.

GO PHILS! The WS ain't over until it's over.

The_WARDen
11-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Steroid boy on 3 days rest? Bring it!

Chase is waiting for you!

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Steroid boy on 3 days rest? Bring it!

Chase is waiting for you! Yes, I hope Chase hit's 4 HR's against Petitte (I'm sure I spelled his name wrong). I also hope Ryan Howard finds his lost bat.:banging::banging:

TheWarDen86
11-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm more hoping for Tex and Cano to find their lost bats. Aside from that I'd say the Yanks have proven their toughness.

And the_Warden you can take your steroid comment and shove it.

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm more hoping for Tex and Cano to find their lost bats. Aside from that I'd say the Yanks have proven their toughness.

And the_Warden you can take your steroid comment and shove it. I'm hoping the whole Spankees team lose their bats for the rest of the series.:chuckle:

TheWarDen86
11-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm hoping the whole Spankees team lose their bats for the rest of the series.:chuckle:

Oh I'm sure you are CS. :chuckle: but don't count on it. I'd settle for just Chase Utley losing his bat. He's 75% of the Philly offense all by himself.

BTW - No bold predictions CS? You seemed to be pretty confident a few days ago. lol

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh I'm sure you are CS. :chuckle: but don't count on it. I'd settle for just Chase Utley losing his bat. He's 75% of the Philly offense all by himself.

BTW - No bold predictions CS? You seemed to be pretty confident a few days ago. lol Oh, I forgot.... Pedro earns 3 runs and then the Phillies bullpen falls apart but the Yankees just can't get the tying run home.

Final score: 8-7 Phillies

TheWarDen86
11-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh, I forgot.... Pedro earns 3 runs and then the Phillies bullpen falls apart but the Yankees just can't get the tying run home.

Final score: 8-7 Phillies

You think that Chase Utley's gonna get 8 at bats? Okay, :noidea: whatever.

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
You think that Chase Utley's gonna get 8 at bats? Okay, :noidea: whatever.

:chuckle: come on man not 8 at bats just 2 grand slams :rofl:

But seriously utley has been playing great, and for some reason i feel like they are forcing a game 7....i think pedro will pitch a good game.

We will just have to wait and see :popcorn:

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 09:02 PM
You think that Chase Utley's gonna get 8 at bats? Okay, :noidea: whatever. No, Jayson Werth will score 3 out of the 8 runs and Chase will score 4 of the 8 runs and Raul Ibanez will score 1 run.

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
No, Jayson Werth will score 3 out of the 8 runs and Chase will score 4 of the 8 runs and Raul Ibanez will score 1 run.

If your right you and me are going to vegas lol :thumbsup: :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 09:05 PM
If your right im picking you up and we are going to vegas. :thumbsup: :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 09:21 PM
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Im only kidding though im 18 and your 13 so dont think they would let us into any casinos lol :rofl: :rofl:

TheWarDen86
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
No, Jayson Werth will score 3 out of the 8 runs and Chase will score 4 of the 8 runs and Raul Ibanez will score 1 run.

Well, you got one thing right; they'll all be solo shots. :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Im only kidding though im 18 and your 13 so dont think they would let us into any casinos lol :rofl: :rofl: You're only 18? I wouldn't have guessed that. I would've said 25-27.

Christian Snyder
11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, you got one thing right; they'll all be solo shots. :chuckle: I can't wait until Chase passes Reggie Jackson (and someone else I can't think of) for most HR's in a single WS. He is 1 HR away.

Nadroj 20
11-03-2009, 09:45 PM
You're only 18? I wouldn't have guessed that. I would've said 25-27.

Yep, im amoung the younger members lol

TheWarDen86
11-03-2009, 09:48 PM
I can't wait until Chase passes Reggie Jackson (and someone else I can't think of) for most HR's in a single WS. He is 1 HR away.

Let him have it; all I care about is winning that 4th game and #27...at home.

tony hipchest
11-03-2009, 10:01 PM
If it make syou feel any better Tone, I can't listen to the World Series anywhere on Satellite radio because MNF (between two teams I could care less about) are being broadcast on THREE DIFFERENT STATIONS. :banging:
hehehe. i guess you only have sirius. baseball is exclusive to XM.

yuck the fankees. (and it would make me feel better if i thought you were a dick. enjoy the inevitable champ. youre teams owner payed a pretty price for it and thus deserves it.) :drink:

:scratchchin:... then again, the penguins did win the final two of the stanley cup series....

Im only kidding though im 18 and your 13 so dont think they would let us into any casinos lol :rofl: :rofl:

:sofunny: now that is funny.

TheWarDen86
11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
hehehe. i guess you only have sirius. baseball is exclusive to XM.

yuck the fankees. (and it would make me feel better if i thought you were a dick. enjoy the inevitable champ. youre teams owner payed a pretty price for it and thus deserves it.) :drink:

:scratchchin:... then again, the penguins did win the final two of the stanley cup series....

:sofunny: now that is funny.

Gee Tone....Thanks? :chuckle:

Bro, you DO realize that the Yanks have lost their last two WS appearances. I still stand to have my heart broken (yes despite having 26, hearts still get broken). :wink02:

:drink:

Oh yea, ESPN still had it on sirius and I'm "Siriusly" pissed that they haven't added it yet. They OWN XM for crying out loud so WTF? :noidea:

Shea
11-04-2009, 12:30 AM
If the Yankees are destined to be champs this year then I'm hoping it will happen tomorrow night since I'll be watching.

If it goes to a seventh game, which is what I originally wanted, then I won't be watching. Come to find out a game seven would come on the same night the Pens are playing. Pens come before baseball always.

I've therefore come to the conclusion that I don't care who wins. But I'll miss baseball after the WS. Even though I don't watch it very much, I'll often have a game on the television for background noise. Nothing more soothing than the sounds of being at the ball park, reminds me of listening on the radio as a child.

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 12:52 AM
27 Time World Series Champions has a nice ring to it.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 01:03 AM

OMG Chep, are we going to actually agree on something?? :chuckle:

I'll drink to that! :drink:

I'm thinkin' game 6 is it.

The_WARDen
11-04-2009, 07:02 AM

And the_Warden you can take your steroid comment and shove it.

heh...I'm sure he and his cheater friend Clemens enjoying shoving things.

HometownGal
11-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Sorry guys - I'm pulling for the Phils as they are the "other" PA team. :banana:

stlrtruck
11-04-2009, 07:34 AM
I'd like to see the Phils win too, but only because I still have a lot of friends that work for the organization.

However, I just get the feeling that tonight the "spank-mees' are going to end it.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 08:57 AM

Lame. :coffee:

But I guess being from Filthadelphia, the city of bodily harm, you know no other way than to talk shit. They seem to be good at that down there....and not much else.

The_WARDen
11-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Lame. :coffee:

But I guess being from Filthadelphia, the city of bodily harm, you know no other way than to talk shit. They seem to be good at that down there....and not much else.

talk about lame. Filthadelphia? That's all you got?

I'll give ya one thing...the NY cesspool is better at sticking each other in the asses.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 09:34 AM
talk about lame. Filthadelphia? That's all you got?

I'll give ya one thing...the NY cesspool is better at sticking each other in the asses.

Really??

http://www.funrose.com/wp-content/uploads/philadelphia-movie.jpg

Christian Snyder
11-04-2009, 09:39 AM
No, it doesn't.

YANKEES SUCK! YANKEES SUCK!

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 09:41 AM
No, it doesn't.

YANKEES SUCK! YANKEES SUCK!

I've always wondered how people can say that. Because if they suck, what does that say about a team like the Brewers, or for that matter, the Pirates?

Shouldn't it just be "(screw) THE YANKEES?" :noidea:

Christian Snyder
11-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I've always wondered how people can say that. Because if they suck, what does that say about a team like the Brewers, or for that matter, the Pirates?

Shouldn't it just be "(screw) THE YANKEES?" :noidea: You're actually right.

Screw the Yankees, then.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 09:49 AM
You're actually right.

Screw the Yankees, then.

:toofunny:

I remember when I was stationed up in Cape Cod, the Army gate guard is supposed to just check my ID and wave me through. He sees my Yankee duffel bag in the back seat and says, "Yankee's Suck" in a bout the goofiest voice I've ever heard.

That was in like 2000 and I believe I replied "1918." :chuckle:

Christian Snyder
11-04-2009, 11:42 AM

I remember when I was stationed up in Cape Cod, the Army gate guard is supposed to just check my ID and wave me through. He sees my Yankee duffel bag in the back seat and says, "Yankee's Suck" in a bout the goofiest voice I've ever heard.

That was in like 2000 and I believe I replied "1918." :chuckle: Red Sox rule.

2004 and 2007.:chuckle::chuckle:

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Red Sox rule.

2004 and 2007.:chuckle::chuckle:

What do they have, 7 titles in almost a 108 years? And how many do the Phillies have? 2 in a 126?

They're so adorable. Cute even..

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM

That was in like 2000 and I believe I replied "1918." :chuckle:

I was on the Cross Sound Ferry in CT just two days ago and asked a girl working the deli if she saw the game. A guy sitting down behind me mentioned that he saw it and we got to talking. Turns out he's a die hard Red Sox fan. So the conversation was flowing in a congenial manner then the topic got to roids. I said the only player I can say for sure that didn't take HGH throughout the whole steroid era was Jeter. Then I brought up how David Ortiz clearly was a user. (due to his last couple of unproductive years and his physical appearance being altered) He didn't agree & I couldn't help but let out a gutteral laugh.

The guy's a die hard Pats fan too & I was tempted to bring up the fact that the Pats 3 super bowl wins (by a combined 9 points) were tainted due to them cheating but I figured the rest of the ferry ride was going to be awkward enough:chuckle:

The_WARDen
11-04-2009, 01:06 PM

Shouldn't it just be "(screw) THE YANKEES?" :noidea:

actually, they probably don't stop at sucking and go straight to swallow.

Christian Snyder
11-04-2009, 01:13 PM
What do they have, 7 titles in almost a 108 years? And how many do the Phillies have? 2 in a 126?

They're so adorable. Cute even.. The Red Sox spen to many years ( especially the 40's) worried about having a great offense and 1 good pitcher. What I'm saying is had the Red Sox had good hitting and good pitching (instead of great hitting and mediocre pitching) they probably would've one more WS games and that they took a stupid approach for many years.. JMHO, though. Maybe I'm wrong, feel free to correct me then.:thumbsup:

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 01:17 PM
What I'm saying is had the Red Sox had good hitting and good pitching (instead of great hitting and mediocre pitching) they probably would've one more WS games..

That applies to every team in history.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
I was on the Cross Sound Ferry in CT just two days ago and asked a girl working the deli if she saw the game. A guy sitting down behind me mentioned that he saw it and we got to talking. Turns out he's a die hard Red Sox fan. So the conversation was flowing in a congenial manner then the topic got to roids. I said the only player I can say for sure that didn't take HGH throughout the whole steroid era was Jeter. Then I brought up how David Ortiz clearly was a user. (due to his last couple of unproductive years and his physical appearance being altered) He didn't agree & I couldn't help but let out a gutteral laugh.

The guy's a die hard Pats fan too & I was tempted to bring up the fact that the Pats 3 super bowl wins (by a combined 9 points) were tainted due to them cheating but I figured the rest of the ferry ride was going to be awkward enough:chuckle:

Wasn't Clemens accused of doing them while with the Sawx and then again with the Astros?

I'm not sure any Yankees were accused while they played in NY.

Those sawx fans always have to find an injustice. Like you said, it's "cute".....in a pathetic sort of way. :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 02:31 PM

actually, they probably don't stop at sucking and go straight to swallow.

uh-oh, looks like somebody's obsessed with penises and sticking things in asses.....:sissies:

:coffee:

SteelMember
11-04-2009, 02:47 PM
That applies to every team in history.

I wouldn't say that.

Look at the last 20 years of braves baseball. Good to great pitching...zero offense. :noidea:

I think he just meant balance. Like everything else in life. :karate:

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't say that.

Look at the last 20 years of braves baseball. Good to great pitching...zero offense. :noidea:

Their bullpens were never anything to write home about. At least after Leyritz hit that 3 run bomb in game 4 of the 96 World Series:grin:

Pitching ultimately is what wins championships.

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Wasn't Clemens accused of doing them while with the Sawx and then again with the Astros?

I don't recall.

I'm not sure any Yankees were accused while they played in NY.

I'm sure some were using though. (just like on every team) Clemens for instance... Jeter really is the only person I can definitively say did not use.

Those sawx fans always have to find an injustice. Like you said, it's "cute".....in a pathetic sort of way. :chuckle:

Indeed..

SteelMember
11-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Their bullpens were never anything to write home about. At least after Leyritz hit that 3 run bomb in game 4 of the 96 World Series:grin:

Pitching ultimately is what wins championships.

Listen, I'm not trying to make this a pissing contest, I'm just saying you gotta have both phases to win, because if pitching alone wins championships...the braves would have a lot more.

Now that all becomes much easier to do when you have a money is no object owner that dosen't care about any type of cap and simply pays the fine each and every year. No guarantees, but easier none the less.

Twizted
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Listen, I'm not trying to make this a pissing contest, I'm just saying you gotta have both phases to win, because if pitching alone wins championships...the braves would have a lot more.

Now that all becomes much easier to do when you have a money is no object owner that dosen't care about any type of cap and simply pays the fine each and every year. No guarantees, but easier none the less.

I haven't read all of the back and forth here but I'll definately take your side on this. If pitching were all that's needed to win championships the Braves would've easily had more than 1 title in 14 straight trips to the post season. You've got to have some offfense to go along with that pitching as well.

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 03:47 PM

But the Yankees postseason pitching was better than theirs and they were the team of the decade. If only the Braves had that squad in the 80s.

That surely applies now, but the Yankees dynasty of the 90's weren't signing huge free agent after huge free agent. The two that come to mind are Clemens & Tino. Other than that you had, smart, integral & modest free agent signings like O'Neill, El Duque, Scott Brosius, Jeff Nelson, Mike Stanton, John Wettleland, David Cone & David Wells. None of those were "break the bank" type signings.. And it's not like they didn't have the cash in the 80's. (the only decade they never won a championship)

Then you had the group that came up from their farm system. Players like Mariano, (the best reliever of all time by far) Jeter, Bernie, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettite & lesser known guys that came up huge in the postseason like Shane Spencer, Ricky Ledee & Ramiro Mendoza. Once that dynasty was broken up they started sign huge free agent after huge free agent and what do you know, they went 8 years without a championship.

I'll always be a die hard Yankee fan for they are the only team I was raised to root for. But I'm pretty much good for the rest of my life because I got to see that 90's/2000 dynasty which was the most likable (how can you not like players like bernie williams & tino martinez) and greatest group of Yankee teams of my lifetime. (the 98 yankees are just flat-out the greatest baseball team since murderer's row, maybe even better)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5140E1XBKAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Yeah, I'm good:grin:

SteelMember
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
:cheer:

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 05:12 PM
You guys should look at the Mariners roster from the mid 90's. They had EVERYBODY and still didn't acheive what they should have. Money does not and can not buy a championship. The funny thing is that this has been proven time and time again.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
But the Yankees postseason pitching was better than theirs and they were the team of the decade. If only the Braves had that squad in the 80s.

That surely applies now, but the Yankees dynasty of the 90's weren't signing huge free agent after huge free agent. The two that come to mind are Clemens & Tino. Other than that you had, smart, integral & modest free agent signings like O'Neill, El Duque, Scott Brosius, Jeff Nelson, Mike Stanton, John Wettleland, David Cone & David Wells. None of those were "break the bank" type signings.. And it's not like they didn't have the cash in the 80's. (the only decade they never won a championship)

Then you had the group that came up from their farm system. Players like Mariano, (the best reliever of all time by far) Jeter, Bernie, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettite & lesser known guys that came up huge in the postseason like Shane Spencer, Ricky Ledee & Ramiro Mendoza. Once that dynasty was broken up they started sign huge free agent after huge free agent and what do you know, they went 8 years without a championship.

I'll always be a die hard Yankee fan for they are the only team I was raised to root for. But I'm pretty much good for the rest of my life because I got to see that 90's/2000 dynasty which was the most likable (how can you not like players like bernie williams & tino martinez) and greatest group of Yankee teams of my lifetime. (the 98 yankees are just flat-out the greatest baseball team since murderer's row, maybe even better)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5140E1XBKAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Yeah, I'm good:grin:

Still don't understand why we let Jimmy Key go.

Christian Snyder
11-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't say that.

I think he just meant balance. Like everything else in life. :karate: That's exactly what I meant.

Nadroj 20
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
2 run homer by the yanks makes it 2-0 yankees in the bottom 2nd....lol

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
2 run homer by the yanks makes it 2-0 yankees in the bottom 2nd....lol

Batsui!!

steelpinstripe72
11-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Yankees all the way. If they win, that means all three of my teams get their championships this year.

jev7452
11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
dont know if this has already been posted on here or not but i think its quite disturbing that ARod alone makes more than the entireeee pirates team combined... that being said i guess im still probably pulling for the yankees cause i strongly dislike phili (and baseball for that matter)

Shea
11-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Matsui is absolutely killing the Phillies tonight. They need to quit pitchin' to the guy and just walk him.

Nadroj 20
11-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Well it looks like the yankees are ending this tonight, congrats to them ( i guess :chuckle:)

Heres to the ATLANTA BRAVES winning it next year lol :cheers:

Christian Snyder
11-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Congratulations, Yankees... Your team is much better than I thought previously and the Phillies aren't as good as I thought Previously.

Hopefully, next year the Red Sox will win one.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Congratulations, Yankees... Your team is much better than I thought previously and the Phillies aren't as good as I thought Previously.

Hopefully, next year the Red Sox will win one.

7-3. It's not over just yet. A lot can happen in just one inning, much less three. I won't celebrate until that last out in the top of the 9th.

Nadroj 20
11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
7-3. It's not over just yet. A lot can happen in just one inning, much less three. I won't celebrate until that last out in the top of the 9th.

Its building up inside of you isnt it :chuckle: your ready to explode! haha

In all honesty i hope you get too because i probably dislike the phillies more then the yankees and since they won last year im ok with seeing someone else win.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Its building up inside of you isnt it :chuckle: your ready to explode! haha

In all honesty i hope you get too because i probably dislike the phillies more then the yankees and since they won last year im ok with seeing someone else win.

I'm calm. :popcorn: lol

I decided to wear my lucky Yankee hat at work tonight. They won all three games I wore it and lost the two that I didn't. :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
11-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm calm. :popcorn: lol

I decided to wear my lucky Yankee hat at work tonight. They won all three games I wore it and lost the two that I didn't. :chuckle:

:sofunny: good call on wearing it then, they should give you the MVP lol.....not sure who they will give that too....what do you think?

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 09:43 PM
:sofunny: good call on wearing it then, they should give you the MVP lol.....not sure who they will give that too....what do you think?

Batsui.

He's batting .666 w/ 8 RBI's in 12 AB's.

tony hipchest
11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
totally forgot and didnt tune in til the 3rd inning with the score 4-1.

i have no idea why i went against better judgement and didnt change the channel immediately (being as i knew it was over, then).

definitely switching now, and most certainly wont be tuning in to sportscenter.

perhaps i can catch "fried green tomatoes" on some ladies network and jerk off with some 40 grit sandpaper before bed. :hunch:

Shea
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Fried Green Tomatoes................love that movie. :sofunny:

Shea
11-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Yanks win.

Sorry for everyone that was rooting for the Phillies. :hug:

The boys of summer have officially been put to bed.

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Yanks win.

Sorry for everyone that was rooting for the Phillies. :hug:

The boys of summer have officially been put to bed.

Phillies fans, you have great team. Congratulations on a great year as Champs.

Now I am happy and celebrating. :tt03:

tony hipchest
11-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Fried Green Tomatoes................love that movie. :sofunny:

HA! *rolling up a sheet of sandpaper*

lol :wink02:

congrats to the pirates. all you young players who have an ounce of promise may have a legitimate shot of winning a ring when you are shipped off to NY in '10.

come to think of it... that should be the pirates slogan next year :idea:

NY in '10 :tt02:

*sigh* baseball sux

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't say that.

That's exactly what I meant.

And it was a stupid thing to say considering it took the Red Sox 86 years to find that "balance" you speak of. Basically you're both admitting that the players & front office got to work on a short bus. (& just plain old suck)

Number 27 baby! Mariano is god!

Shea
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
HA! *rolling up a sheet of sandpaper*

lol :wink02:

Good luck with that, might want to add some lotion, and further updates we could all do without! :sofunny:

Cheppy
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/77717/godzilla_2.jpg

TheWarDen86
11-04-2009, 11:25 PM
:rofl:

He deserved it!

tony hipchest
11-04-2009, 11:41 PM
lol.

crazy if you think about it.

only in america.

"americas past time" salutes the MVP... (thanks for the translator)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/mr_baseball1.jpg

Venom
11-05-2009, 06:16 AM
What a great World Series . Being that Im a diehard Steeler fan for over 35 years , Im also a diehard Yankee fan for the same amount of time . What a year I had . Steelers win the Super Bowl in Feb and then Yanks win the World Series in Nov . !!!!!!! Sweet !

HometownGal
11-05-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm not happy (except for Jeter) but I'll congratulate the Yanks anyway. :drink:

SteelMember
11-05-2009, 08:07 AM
And it was a stupid thing to say considering it took the Red Sox 86 years to find that "balance" you speak of. Basically you're both admitting that the players & front office got to work on a short bus. (& just plain old suck)

Number 27 baby! Mariano is god!

Retarded!

I have yet to see a pitcher be the determining factor on OFFENSE for any team. Besides AL pitchers don't even bat. A pitching dual can yeild a 0-0 score. What does a slugging dual yeild? runs!

Matsui=MVP
Howard=MIA

Hello?

Mariano is GOD? You need to re-think your standards.

SteelMember
11-05-2009, 08:20 AM
dont know if this has already been posted on here or not but i think its quite disturbing that ARod alone makes more than the entireeee pirates team combined... that being said i guess im still probably pulling for the yankees cause i strongly dislike phili (and baseball for that matter)

And that was my point about the payroll. I wasn't talking free agency, although the yanks pick up the players with the higher salaries. I was talking base salary.

Yankees $201,449,189
Pirates $48,693,000
The highest-paid player is still the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez, making $33 million, a $5 million raise from 2008.

And you can't tell me that this only started "the last few years". They have been spending the most for a long while.

No, you can't buy a championship, but how many years have the yanks missed the playoffs with NO chance to compete for it. That is my point.

The_WARDen
11-05-2009, 08:27 AM
So, my dad was wrong...cheaters do win.

:puke:

Vincent
11-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm not happy (except for Jeter) but I'll congratulate the Yanks anyway. :drink:

The best team money can buy! :chuckle:

SteelMember
11-05-2009, 08:41 AM
So, my dad was wrong...cheaters do win.

:puke:

No. There's no talk of steroids. See, if you just deny it, and then admit it, then all is forgivin and becomes a non issue.

Barry Bonds single handedly ruined baseball. Didn't you know that.

Cheppy
11-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Retarded!

I have yet to see a pitcher be the determining factor on OFFENSE for any team. Besides AL pitchers don't even bat. A pitching dual can yeild a 0-0 score. What does a slugging dual yeild? runs!

If you don't think pitching is what ultimately wins championships then you don't really know what you're talking about. Fact.. And yeah, that was a retarded thing to say. This is what you said in a nutshell: well, if the Red Sox put together a better team they would've won more championships:chuckle:

You know, if the Saints added better players to their roster during Archie Manning's tenure they would've won more games. That doesn't sound retarded to you?

The Red Sox had 86 years to do just that but didn't. Overall they're an organization that deserved to be made fun of.

Matsui=MVP
Howard=MIA

Hello?

Yanks don't win the series or even get there without Rivera. Fact.. You can say the same about Arod but the offense is stacked from top to bottom. And Rivera's presence is that much more paramount considering Hughes & Joba decided to start sucking coming out of the pen in the postseason.

Mariano is GOD? You need to re-think your standards.

Considering I'm an Aethiest he's more god-like than a ghost.

cubanstogie
11-05-2009, 09:10 AM
good pitching beats good hitting (baseball)= defense wins championships(football). They both same the same thing and those were motto's ingrained in my head growing up. It obviously isn't fact, its opinion but great D and great pitching go farther than having just a great offense.

TheWarDen86
11-05-2009, 09:15 AM
And that was my point about the payroll. I wasn't talking free agency, although the yanks pick up the players with the higher salaries. I was talking base salary.

Yankees $201,449,189
Pirates $48,693,000
The highest-paid player is still the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez, making $33 million, a $5 million raise from 2008.

And you can't tell me that this only started "the last few years". They have been spending the most for a long while.

No, you can't buy a championship, but how many years have the yanks missed the playoffs with NO chance to compete for it. That is my point.

You're right, they should just stop spending so much money. It's JUST NOT FAIR! :rolleyes:

BTW - Mariano IS GOD.

SteelMember
11-05-2009, 10:05 AM
If you don't think pitching is what ultimately wins championships then you don't really know what you're talking about. Fact.. And yeah, that was a retarded thing to say. This is what you said in a nutshell: well, if the Red Sox put together a better team they would've won more championships:chuckle:

No, that's not what I said.

You sound like Tim Mcarver. another idiot.

And you are STILL missing the point. See you keep wanting to bring this my team vs. your team smartassology to this discussion, and that's not about. I know it was a bit silly of me to get in the middle of your Hatfield and McKoys banter with a Saux fan, but my point of defending what he said is consistent to all baseball teams, And that "in a nutshell" is why I brought the Braves into this. Yes, pitching is important and can keep you IN games, but isn't the end all, be all. That, you see, would be one dimensional. You still need runs to win. I realize your pride won't let you admit that.

Actually, I knew this was going to be a waste of time with you. Just another reason the yankee my wankees are so universally hated. Loud mouth, wise ass fans.

Considering I'm an Aethiest he's more god-like than a ghost.

Good luck with that. Go polish you false idol. :noidea:

SteelMember
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
You're right, they should just stop spending so much money. It's JUST NOT FAIR! :rolleyes:

:chuckle: Typical. Some teams don't have the money, so they should just give up.

The point is they drive up salarys, so other teams can't afford their own talent.

Glad to see it finally paid off for you. :rolleyes: :flap:

TheWarDen86
11-05-2009, 11:41 AM
:chuckle: Typical. Some teams don't have the money, so they should just give up.

The point is they drive up salarys, so other teams can't afford their own talent.

Glad to see it finally paid off for you. :rolleyes: :flap:

If you look at the top 20 salaries in the MLB the Yanks have I think 6 of those players (two are home grown). So 4 out of 20+ players (there are a couple ties) hardly sounds to me like they're the ones driving up the price. People hate the Yanks because they can afford to sign MORE F/A's than anyone else not because they drive up the cost.

But again, what would you expect them to do? I'm glad they put the money back into the team. How many owners pocket more of the profits?

SteelMember
11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm glad they put the money back into the team. How many owners pocket more of the profits?

I couldn't argue against that. That is basically what Lemieux did to save the Pens. He knew the profits would eventually come. And to follow that analogy, if the Pens end up losing some of there stars, it will be solely because of money. To the previous point I was making, they can only keep a finite number of high dollar players. Because when you have a "budget", once the money is spent...that's all there is.

A simple case of have and have nots.

I'm not sure you can argue the point though when your admitting that 6 of the 20 highest paid players are on your team. What is that? Potentially 67% of your starting lineup. 30% of the entire league. Just sayin'

And listen, I stated earlier in the thread that I had no dog in this race. It really dosen't matter to me one bit. I'm just trying to rationalize to you why it is that the yanks are a love 'em or hate 'em team. It's probably nothing you haven't heard before, I know.

I also have no problem giving props to fans who are level headed and have earned some respect, but I will, however not offer the same for those who demand it.

TheWarDen86
11-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I couldn't argue against that. That is basically what Lemieux did to save the Pens. He knew the profits would eventually come. And to follow that analogy, if the Pens end up losing some of there stars, it will be solely because of money. To the previous point I was making, they can only keep a finite number of high dollar players. Because when you have a "budget", once the money is spent...that's all there is.

A simple case of have and have nots.

I'm not sure you can argue the point though when your admitting that 6 of the 20 highest paid players are on your team. What is that? Potentially 67% of your starting lineup. 30% of the entire league. Just sayin'

And listen, I stated earlier in the thread that I had no dog in this race. It really dosen't matter to me one bit. I'm just trying to rationalize to you why it is that the yanks are a love 'em or hate 'em team. It's probably nothing you haven't heard before, I know.

I also have no problem giving props to fans who are level headed and have earned some respect, but I will, however not offer the same for those who demand it.

For the record, I would LOVE to see the Buc's stop trading away all of their home grown talent. It's a shame.

Christian Snyder
11-05-2009, 05:56 PM

For the record, I would LOVE to see the Buc's stop trading away all of their home grown talent. It's a shame. NO! They should trade them all to the Red Sox!!!!!!:banging::mad: