PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Championship Ring

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Not a basketball fan but live in So Cal and saw the lakers got their championship rings today. I find the stories behind the rings interesting.

The sides are weird portrait of the player one side and the NBA logo on the other. They couldn't think of anything better than that? They got 15 championships you'd think they'd be pretty good at designing rings. :noidea:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/09championshipring.html

MACH1
10-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Probably running out of ideas. lol

The ring is two toned, with white gold representing the Lakers Sunday whites uniforms that honor legendary broadcaster Chick Hearn.

Thought that was nice though.

SteelersinCA
10-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I think they look pretty awesome, not big and balky but blingy!

Steelboy84
10-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Lakers over the Celtics in 6 this year.

tony hipchest
10-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Lakers over the Celtics in 6 this year.

wrong thread.

nice ring. i actually like the simplicity of it.

i would almost say traditional and classic if kobe didnt demand his face be emblazoned onto the sides. his teammates must be pissed. :noidea:

SteelersinCA
10-29-2009, 08:37 PM
wrong thread.

i would almost say traditional and classic if kobe didnt demand his face be emblazoned onto the sides. his teammates must be pissed. :noidea:

I think each player gets their face on it haha. Not just Kobe's, although that would be comical.

tony hipchest
10-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I think each player gets their face on it haha. Not just Kobe's, although that would be comical.that would make sense in the real world.

but we are talking about the kobe bryant egosystem here...

anyways, nice effort for the lakers to personalize each ring (i just feel sorry for luke walton who is gonna have an engraving of that freak from the goonies on the side of his).

SteelersinCA
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
that would make sense in the real world.

but we are talking about the kobe bryant egosystem here...

anyways, nice effort for the lakers to personalize each ring (i just feel sorry for luke walton who is gonna have an engraving of that freak from the goonies on the side of his).

HAHA Poor Luke. Ron Artest is probably salty watching them get their ring.

Steelboy84
10-30-2009, 10:16 AM
wrong thread.

Any thread I want.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: