PDA

View Full Version : face mask

vasteeler
10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
just courious why is a running back aloud to stiff arm a face mask and not get a penelty called any ideas:noidea:

The_WARDen
10-28-2009, 10:52 AM
just courious why is a running back aloud to stiff arm a face mask and not get a penelty called any ideas:noidea:

You are allowed to put your hand on a facemask as long as you don't grab hold and pull it or turn the head....I believe.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I don't know how many times I have seen backs grab the facemask and snap the head back or turn the head.

I guess it's fine to keep a defender from tackling you by trying to tear his head off.....but oh no, don't you dare tackle someone that way.....15 yard personal foul!

Nadroj 20
10-28-2009, 01:20 PM
You are allowed to put your hand on a facemask as long as you don't grab hold and pull it or turn the head....I believe.

Pretty sure this is correct yet i never see it called.

Psyychoward86
10-28-2009, 04:59 PM

stiff arming is fine, you just cant GRAB the facemask, or yank on it and whatnot. Easy.

AllD
10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
The league wants to open up the offense just like the NHL. The O gets more leeway in rule interpretation just like if you sneeze on Brady it's 15 yards.

The only thing they have left to do is create another rule to protect RBs.

steelwalls
10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Throwing that hand up (esentially open hand punching) the mask is very effective in keeping guys off in the open feild when you're running higher up. I have no qaurlms with this rule.