PDA

View Full Version : Clearing up some things

mesaSteeler
10-28-2009, 07:39 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Clearing up some things
There's been a lot of talk back and forth between Pittsburgh and Minnesota fans about what did and did not occur in Sunday's meeting between the two teams.

First, Heath Miller did interfere with the Minnesota defender at the goal line. Was it away from the play? Yes. But Miller extended his arm on contact and that's going to get called every time.

Second, Jeff Dugan threw his legs up backward on his cross body block on James Harrison which is going to get called as a trip every time. Had he just dove at Harrison's legs, he'd have been OK. He didn't.

Finally, Harrison did not take a dive at Brett Favre's knee. He was held on the play by Bryant McKinnie - which was rightfully called for a penalty and his momentum from that hold carried him into Favre's knees.

Last time I checked, the Vikings have a big game coming up this week with Green Bay. Maybe the Vikings trolls will finally start thinking about that game.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 12:39 AM 17 comments Links to this post

Fire Haley
10-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Sounds nice, but Dale Lolley is a homer.

Why should we believe his opinion blog?

AllD
10-28-2009, 08:40 PM
The line is Green Bay by three points. It will be interesting to see how the Vikings respond to such a heartbreaking defeat. They may have peaked in Week #6. Will they create a new upward trend or will they be a Jekyl and Hyde team from here on out?

steeltank
10-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Jets...circa '08

slippy
10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
i thought childress was going to cry in his post game press conference.

SteelC7
10-28-2009, 10:33 PM
ya i agree i cant wait to see if we ruined minnesotas season or theyre gonna be a good team and shake it off and move on...i dont care which, unless we see them in the super bowl, in which case i hope it ruins them, but then i guess they wouldnt make it to the SB...ANYWAY vikings fans, gotta laugh at em huh?