PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi on the Bush tax cut

Vincent
10-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Watch Pelosi's decrepit linguistic contortions as she argues that a $1.4 trillion dollar tax increase -- one of the largest in America history -- on middle class families and small businesses isn't a tax increase at all. No, no. It isn't a tax increase. "It is eliminating a tax decrease that was there". Yes yes. That's it. I feel much better.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CiyjhP-bXM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CiyjhP-bXM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GBMelBlount
10-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Pelosi saying it is not a tax increase, but simply "eliminating a tax cut" is an insult to the intelligence of the average American.

I think liberals & conservatives alike can agree she is arguably the most arrogant, yet least capable house speaker in the history of the United States.

RunWillieRun
10-29-2009, 09:25 AM
There is no doubt that she is the worst Speaker of the House this nation has ever seen. She's a disgrace to the office.

HometownGal
10-29-2009, 09:41 AM
http://tlsringer.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/pelosi-obama.jpg

GBMelBlount
10-29-2009, 10:20 AM
The biggest travesty is the sense of entitlement by the politicians in our country.

Her statement is evidence of the belief that what we, as individuals, "have", is simply what belongs to the government that they allow us to keep.

Scary.....at least to those of us who have or own anything......not so scary to those who benefit from their legalized plundering.

SteelersinCA
10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I am continually amazed they let her speak.

GBMelBlount
10-29-2009, 10:45 AM

Fortunately for her, the majority of her base is so steeped in class envy and "getevenwithemism" that they will hold their nose & vote for the likes or her, regardless.

Let's face it, a vote for the likes of Pelosi and Reed and even Obama is moreso a vote against conservatives and their principles than it is a vote FOR them.

HometownGal
10-29-2009, 11:07 AM

Personally, I think its high time this bitch was permanently muzzled.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EN58swFCmfY/Sd-fCk4_rtI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/B01Nsnx6Y3o/s400/nancy+pelosi+californian+finger+pointer+dog.jpg

MACH1
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I just hope I can keep my business's open. Just can't shed that sinking feeling though if all this crap is shoved down our throats.

SteelersinCA
10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Good thing I'm my only employee!

revefsreleets
10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
"It's um, um, um....it's um....eliminating.....uh.....a uhhhhh.....ummm....eliminating a tax cut that was there"

So....if I get a raise, and then it's taken away from me, it's not a pay cut, it's "eliminating a former raise that was there".

Vincent
10-29-2009, 02:21 PM
So....if I get a raise, and then it's taken away from me, it's not a pay cut, it's "eliminating a former raise that was there".

You're "growing" Rev. Baby steps. I'm proud of you!!

revefsreleets
10-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Huh? That's....an odd interpretation.

Hang on for a day or two and I'll have a position you'll be diametrically opposed to...trust me.

St33lersguy
10-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Eliminating tax decrease, results an increase in taxes. What's more amazing, the fact that she is expecting people to actually believe her crap or the fact that some idiots actually allowed her to hold a position like congresswoman in the 1st place.

GBMelBlount
10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Good thing I'm my only employee!

That sounds like unbearable working conditions.

You should demand a raise.

NJarhead
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
"Eliminating a tax cut." That's good.

I wonder if I could use that in court should I ever meet the b*tch, "No your honor, I didn't smack her in the mouth. I merely eliminated her face from my view. You see, it wasn't there originally. Then it was so I wanted things back to when it wasn't. k?"

Tar and feathers need to make a comeback!

SteelCityMan786
10-29-2009, 07:15 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EN58swFCmfY/Sd-fCk4_rtI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/B01Nsnx6Y3o/s400/nancy+pelosi+californian+finger+pointer+dog.jpg

And not to mention was fired by her congressional district.

SteelersinCA
10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
That sounds like unbearable working conditions.

You should demand a raise.

I know it. I think I will.

KeiselPower99
10-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I swear they are having a contest to see who can say the dumbest thing in politics.

augustashark
10-30-2009, 12:39 AM

Now that is one ugly "BITCH"!!!!

At least it looked like a female.

Vincent
10-30-2009, 06:24 AM
You folks ought to get involved.
You wouldn't believe how much rot and corruption is in the parties at the State and county level. This environment makes it nearly impossible for a decent person to get elected.
If you want to get rid of politicians like Pelosi, join a party, become a precinct chair, and help clean it up.

As the donkeys say - "Think globally. Act locally".

I agree with you. The parties are hopelessly corrupt. The only way to take the country back is through precinct by precinct action. But at some point that will require national management and we risk returning to "square one".

IMHO, of the two parties, the elephants would be the easier to influence. There are enough folks that would respond to a very simple and focused platform as they did with the "Contract with America". I suspect the elephants would be "open" to such a movement. The donkeys are definitely not.