PDA

View Full Version : Titans still trying to shake "the curse" of the towel

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.dnj.com/article/20091029/SPORTS/91029040/1006/SPORTS/Pair+sign+towel+hoping+to+end+any+%E2%80%99curse%E 2%80%99+

:popcorn: Good luck fellas....

Pair sign towel hoping to end any 'curse'
Associated Press • October 29, 2009

Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck and running back LenDale White autographed a Terrible Towel after practice Thursday with the towel shipped by a Nashville radio station to the Alleghany Valley School.

That’s the Pittsburgh non-profit group that benefits from sales of the towel developed by the late Myron Cope.

The Titans haven’t won since Bulluck and White stepped on a towel Dec. 21 after a 31-14 win over Pittsburgh. That skid stands at eight games counting their playoff loss. Steelers’ fans insist it’s due to the disrespect shown to the towel.

Thom Abraham, host of the show on WNSR-AM, said Bulluck even asked if he could make an extra donation since it was for charity.

http://shop2.tennessean.com/article/20091030/SPORTS01/910300359/0/shop06

Curse lifted?: The Titans have lost eight straight games since beating the Steelers on Dec. 21. 2008 — the day several players stomped on the "Terrible Towel.''

The Titans hope they took a step Thursday toward lifting what some have deemed a curse.

Radio host Thom Abraham of WNSR 560-AM and former Titans offensive lineman Brad Hopkins arranged for running back LenDale White and linebacker Keith Bulluck to sign a Terrible Towel.

It was shipped overnight to Pittsburgh's Allegheny Valley School, the non-profit organization that benefits from former Steelers broadcaster Myron Cope's "Official Terrible Towel" sales.

"We can't figure out what has happened to this team," Hopkins said, "so we figure it had to be the towel.''

RoethlisBURGHer
10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
It might work...........but I don't think they can get rid of the suck surrounding them that easily.

Dino 6 Rings
10-30-2009, 11:55 AM
That's actually Classic. Its officially in their Heads.

stlrtruck
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
It might work...........but I don't think they can get rid of the suck surrounding them that easily.

I don't see how it can work. First they step on it and then they disgrace it even more with marking on it with their crayolas. Myron isn't going to take kindly to that either (imo).

I say the CURSE continues and that the only way to redeem themselves is to rid the team of the villians who desecrated it to begin with.

Raynestorm
10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.dnj.com/article/20091029/SPORTS/91029040/1006/SPORTS/Pair+sign+towel+hoping+to+end+any+%E2%80%99curse%E 2%80%99+

:popcorn: Good luck fellas....

Pair sign towel hoping to end any 'curse'
Associated Press • October 29, 2009

Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck and running back LenDale White autographed a Terrible Towel after practice Thursday with the towel shipped by a Nashville radio station to the Alleghany Valley School.

That’s the Pittsburgh non-profit group that benefits from sales of the towel developed by the late Myron Cope.

The Titans haven’t won since Bulluck and White stepped on a towel Dec. 21 after a 31-14 win over Pittsburgh. That skid stands at eight games counting their playoff loss. Steelers’ fans insist it’s due to the disrespect shown to the towel.

Thom Abraham, host of the show on WNSR-AM, said Bulluck even asked if he could make an extra donation since it was for charity.

http://shop2.tennessean.com/article/20091030/SPORTS01/910300359/0/shop06

Curse lifted?: The Titans have lost eight straight games since beating the Steelers on Dec. 21. 2008 — the day several players stomped on the "Terrible Towel.''

The Titans hope they took a step Thursday toward lifting what some have deemed a curse.

Radio host Thom Abraham of WNSR 560-AM and former Titans offensive lineman Brad Hopkins arranged for running back LenDale White and linebacker Keith Bulluck to sign a Terrible Towel.

It was shipped overnight to Pittsburgh's Allegheny Valley School, the non-profit organization that benefits from former Steelers broadcaster Myron Cope's "Official Terrible Towel" sales.

"We can't figure out what has happened to this team," Hopkins said, "so we figure it had to be the towel.''

Not a bad move, really. But I think it should come with an apology. Lendale and the others need to come out and say they shouldn't have done it.

The curse stuck with Cincy until they traded TJ.

Stlrs4Life
10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...d-luck-charm/1 (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/10/fix-for-terrible-towel-hex-titans-players-autograph-steelers-good-luck-charm/1)

Fix for Terrible Towel hex? Titans players autograph Steelers' good-luck charm.

If the switch to Vince Young doesn't help the winless Titans, maybe a plea to the Terrible Towel gods will.
Tennessee's Keith Bulluck and LenDale White autographed a Terrible Towel on Thursday in a charity effort. The two stomped on the favorite of Steelers fans in the last game the Titans won -- against Pittsburgh last Dec. 21.
Former Titans player Brad Hopkins asked the players to autograph the towel and send it to the Allegheny Valley School, which benefits from the sale of Terrible Towels.
Hopkins joked it could be the end to the Titans' eight-game winless streak. "We can't figure out what is wrong with this organization," he said, via (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/281073-titans-players-past-and-present-try-to-reverse-terrible-curse) Bleacher Report, "so we figure it had to be the towel." -- Sean Leahy

fansince'76
10-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Not good enough. They're gonna have to get rid of the actual offenders (namely Bulluck, Lenwhale and Kearse). Notice how Cincy is off to their best start in 4 years now that Douchemandzadeh has gone to Seattle?

SteelerEmpire
10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Those guys that stepped on the towel were eventually brought to their knees by it.... It does not get any better than this..... Ha Ha... :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
10-30-2009, 03:23 PM
those dumbasses further desecrated a towel by writing on it ??? :doh: .....don't they know only steelers can write on the towel ???

MasterOfPuppets
10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Not good enough. They're gonna have to get rid of the actual offenders (namely Bulluck, Lenwhale and Kearse). Notice how Cincy is off to their best start in 4 years now that Douchemandzadeh has gone to Seattle?
and look at where seattle is now....:chuckle:

tyler289
10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Hilarious.

smokin3000gt
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
LMFAO if they go 0-16 this year

stillers4me
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Actually, I think it's freaking hilarious. A sizable donation to the Allegheny School would also be a good way to make amends to the Steelers Nation and have some fun with the notion, too. Funny it's in their heads............ :chuckle:

I still hope they go 0-16. Don't mess with The Towel!

stb_steeler
10-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Surprisingly i cant believe Bulluck and White even admit its associated to the towel. Only us Steeler fans know the real meaning to the Towels power. Let that be a lesson to all that mess's with it.

:tt04: :tt02: :tt:

Godfather
10-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Seems like the curse started when Myron gave the trademark to the Allegheny Valley School.

So signing one for the AVS--which will presumably be auctioned off for charity--just might be a good way of making reparations and lifting the curse.

rbryan
10-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Maybe now the talking heads will acknowledge the real problem with the Titans this year.

I could be wrong but I haven't heard any mention of the curse outside the Burgh. It's time for everyone to become aware of what we've all known since they went into the dumper.

Hawkeye
10-30-2009, 09:41 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/exorcist.jpg

there is only way to fix this....

call in the old priest...

NEPAsteeler
10-30-2009, 10:00 PM
If doing this makes them think they'll win, then hell, go for it.

:tt04::tt02::tt03::tt:

steelwalls
10-30-2009, 10:22 PM
hahaha

Insert my usual: I can't stand Jeff Ficher

arge5809
10-30-2009, 10:32 PM
And why is it that they (White and Bullick) think that anyone at the Allegheny valley School wants there freakin' autograph anyway? :noidea: A couple of loser Titans signing the Towel is not gonna help!

Further Terrible towel desecration!! Way to go boys!

:doh:

:tt03: :drink: :tt02: :toofunny:

stillers4me
10-30-2009, 10:56 PM
I still wish someone would hand OchoAssholio a terrible towel. You just know he'd do something stupid with it.

Please.

devilsdancefloor
10-31-2009, 12:17 AM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/exorcist.jpg

there is only way to fix this....

call in the old priest...

does that mean kearse,bullock & lenfumble need to wrap themelves in a terrible towel and jump out a window?:tt04::tt04:

rbryan
10-31-2009, 12:54 AM
It's an act of contrition. It was the thought that counted when they desecrated the towel and it's the thought that counts now. They acknowledged that they believe that they cursed their team, and they are making amends the best way they know how.
I hope it really does lift the curse and they trounce Denver. That'll *(&^ with their heads real good. :thumbsup:

I'm still not ready to turn the other cheek. If they had the intestinal fortitude to rise up and beat the patsies, I was ready to acknowledge foregiveness....

Curse lives on.......Titans must no win all rest of this year......1:00, 4:00, whenever.........

Galax Steeler
10-31-2009, 05:13 AM
I hope they carry the curse for the rest of the year. I also hope that White and Bullock keep it another year.

mesaSteeler
10-31-2009, 08:37 AM
Terrible Towel curse lifted?
JIM WYATT, The Tennessean
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2009/10/29/terrible-towel-curse-lifted/
Posted on October 29, 2009
in League News and Team News
. 5 Comments Tags: Keith Bulluck, LenDale White.

The Titans have lost eight straight games since beating the Steelers on Dec. 21. 2008. That was the day several Titans stomped on the "Terrible Towel."

It was shipped overnight to Pittsburgh’s Allegheny Valley School, the non-profit organization that benefits from former Steelers broadcaster Myron Cope’s “Official Terrible Towel” sales.

“We can’t figure out what has happened to this team,” Hopkins said, “so we figure it had to be the towel.’’

mesaSteeler
10-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Titans Try To Break Terrible Towel Curse With Charitable Donation
Keith Bulluck, LenDale White Sign Steeler Towel For Allegheny Valley School
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/21479256/detail.html

Terrible Towel for Allegheny Valley School

Tennessee Titans teammates LenDale White and Keith Bulluck autographed one of Myron Cope's official Terrible Towels for Allegheny Valley School.

Amy Harvilla, a spokeswoman for Allegheny Valley School in Coraopolis, said one of Myron Cope's signature yellow towels arrived in the mail Friday, signed by Titans teammates Keith Bulluck and LenDale White.

The towel will be used as an auction item to raise money for the school, which, per Cope's wishes, already gets a portion of all proceeds from Terrible Towel sales. The school works with children and adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Tennessee hasn't won since Dec. 21, 2008, when Bulluck and White were seen on television stomping a Terrible Towel into the ground in the final moments of a victory over the Steelers.

"This is not an apology," said White, who had a good laugh as he signed the towel. "I'll probably never apologize unless I'm playing with the Steelers one day, but, you know, it is what it is. It's going for a good cause and I'm happy to help it."

By donating the towel, Nashville's WNSR-AM sports radio host Thom Abraham is trying to conjure up some good karma and snap the Titans' lengthy losing streak.

After that fateful moment, the top-seeded Titans went on to lose their final game of the 2008 season, plus their first playoff game. They've also dropped all six games so far in the 2009 season.

Along with the signed towel, Abraham sent the school a handwritten note that said, "LenDale and Keith wish you all the best" and "P.S. Please release the curse!!"

"But I want the curse to stay on, if I had my choice," said Steelers fan Ricky Rawlings, a resident of the school on Ewings Mill Road.

The Titans will play the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. Win or lose, Bulluck says he'll also make a monetary donation to the school.

Godfather
10-31-2009, 10:01 AM
And why is it that they (White and Bullick) think that anyone at the Allegheny valley School wants there freakin' autograph anyway? :noidea: A couple of loser Titans signing the Towel is not gonna help!

Further Terrible towel desecration!! Way to go boys!

:doh:

:tt03: :drink: :tt02: :toofunny:

Given the backstory, I think Allegheny Valley School would be able to auction or raffle off the towel.

It would be better if it were the towel they desecrated, but this one works too.

stillers4me
10-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Titans Players Sign 'Terrible Towel' Hoping To End 'Curse'
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 11:25 PM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A couple of Titans players were so excited at the end of a game last year, they stomped on Pittsburgh's "Terrible Towel," and they haven't won since. People question if the stomp was a curse.

A school in Pennsylvania might hold the key to the curse and a Titans win this weekend.

Last December, as the Titans took on the Pittsburgh Steelers, Keith Bullock took one of the team's famous terrible towels.

"I saw a bunch of them waving around our stadium, so I said, ‘I need to get my hands on one of those,'" said Bullock on Dec. 21, 2008.

Teammate LenDale White actually got his feet on the towel, stomping it after the Titans crushed the Steelers at LP Field. Some believe it's the reason the Tennessee Titans haven't won a game since that cold winter day.

"We just received this package from Tennessee," said Amy Harvilla, Allegheny Valley School.

Friday, in Pittsburgh they received a peace offering of sorts.

"Please accept this towel on behalf of The Thom Abraham Show in Nashville, Tenn. LenDale and Keith wish you all the best. P.S. Please lift the curse," said Harvilla as she read what the players wrote.

The letter arrived with an infamous terrible towel that has the signatures of the Titans' two-some that did the stomping nearly a year ago.

"We had to put our egos aside for a second and do something for a good cause," said White.White and Bullock sent the towel to the Allegheny Valley School in Pittsburgh, so it could be auctioned off.

"I know we ticked off a lot of people up in the steel city, but they are a great franchise and the towel is for a great cause. When you strip the game away from it, it's all about the cause that it's behind," said Bullock. ( I think that's as close to an apology that we are going to get. :sofunny:)

Not everyone's sold on the legend of the curse that comes with the terrible towel.

"We'll know after this game. If after this game, you know things. I might have to call down there and something, have a sit down with the City of Pittsburgh, tell them to do something for me, they got to lift it," said White.

Thanks to the Titans' signature on the terrible towel, the school forgave the players.

"We do lift the curse. Hopefully that will help. Good luck to the Titans," said Harvilla.The people at the Alleghey Valley School hold the trademark to the Terrible Towel and apparently have the power to lift the so-called curse. (You learn something everyday. :hunch:)

They will auction off the towel to raise money for the center that works with people who have developmental disabilities.

Bullock said he and White plan to send an extra donation to the school in Pittsburgh, but it'll be money and not another towel.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11418539

-------------------------------------------------------

The whole thing just makes me chuckle. Props to Lenwhale and Bullock to realize the error of their ways, have some fun, and contribute to a worthy couse.

Man, are they desperate or what? :chuckle:

Hammer Of The GODS
10-31-2009, 11:21 AM
"This is not an apology," said White

That right there proves what a douche nozzle this guy is. He's given an opportunity to redeem himself, but then he opened his mouth and showed he has NO CLASS!

austinfrench76
10-31-2009, 11:40 AM
White is classless. I'm glad to see him failing this year, especially in his big "contract year"!!! He lost all that weightjust to stay a big fat a-hole!

Shoes
10-31-2009, 11:49 AM
This is not an apology," said White, who had a good laugh as he signed the towel. "I'll probably never apologize unless I'm playing with the Steelers one day, but, you know, it is what it is. .

Dream on blubber boy, you'll never play for the Steelers.

stillers4me
10-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Dream on blubber boy, you'll never play for the Steelers.

But keep dishing out the dough to the school. :chuckle:

SteelersMongol
10-31-2009, 12:39 PM
"...Sorry seems 2 B hardest word ..." :chuckle:

Steelillini
10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
not very sincere if you ask me. He was just doing it for show and couldn't care less. Nice try Lendale but the curse will live on for you..........

stillers4me
10-31-2009, 01:04 PM
not very sincere if you ask me. He was just doing it for show and couldn't care less. Nice try Lendale but the curse will live on for you..........

It's all in fun and it was a nice gesture to send a donation and auction the towel. It's more than Humpsallama ever did.

Besides.......I think they are trying to cover all bases! :tt02:

Raynestorm
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
That right there proves what a douche nozzle this guy is. He's given an opportunity to redeem himself, but then he opened his mouth and showed he has NO CLASS!

:toofunny: :rofl:

At your siggy

solardave
10-31-2009, 02:04 PM
White is classless. I'm glad to see him failing this year, especially in his big "contract year"!!! He lost all that weightjust to stay a big fat a-hole!

I must admit I was hoping the Steelers would draft him back when. Man, I'm glad I was wrong,again. I don't like him.

LVSteelersfan
10-31-2009, 03:53 PM
White is a jerk from the word go. I hope the curse stays with him for the rest of his career. And he is an idiot to even think the Steelers would ever pick up a jerk like him in the future.

Steelboy84
10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Wonder what Fatboy Lendale White is thinking now.

:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
10-31-2009, 04:42 PM
haha...found this on the titans board...

Curse Of The Terrible Towel
A Poem By Dave Crawley

There is power, they say, in the towels that wave.
Like black and gold shrouds on the visitor's grave.
It's a mojo opponents should never neglect.
The Terrible Towel requires respect.

Then this! A deed unspeakably foul!
The Tennessee Titans defiles the towel!
Although their crass actions made Steeler fans wince,
You'll notice that Titan team hasn't won since.

They lost to the Colts. Then the Ravens came in,
A game Tennessee was expected to win.
But the curse of the towel gave Tennessee shakes,
As they sank in a series of stunning mistakes.

Our Black and Gold guys had a much different story.
Santonio Holmes led the gallop to glory.
Fast Willie scored, and the Steelers were winning.
For the Chargers the torment was only beginning.

Third quarter. Alas, on the Bolts' only play,
Foote gives them the boot, and he takes it away.
The towels were twirling as Ben let it go,
And the much maligned offense was starting to flow.

That towel brings sorcery into the fray.
If you don't believe it, well, check out this play.
To add to the Chargers' grim feelings of dread,
A punt that careened off this poor fellow's head.

The message, of course, as we hooted with glee,
From the Terrible Towel: Do not tread on me.
A word to the Ravens. The moment draws nigh.
This is the reason you're still flying high.

The Titans besmirched it, and now to our glee
They will be watching this game on TV.
As you enter the confines where Steeler fans howl:
Beware of the curse of the Terrible Towel.

MasterOfPuppets
10-31-2009, 04:48 PM
awesome song ....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDj6kywTm50&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDj6kywTm50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Psyychoward86
10-31-2009, 04:48 PM
It's not like the curse is gonna go away anyways if he apologizes

Godfather
10-31-2009, 04:56 PM
I hope the act of penance works. That would make the Terrible Curse look even stronger and would deter future desecration of the Towel. Plus if anyone is still dumb enough to do it, their teammates will have the Curse in their heads and opponents will smell blood.

steel striker
10-31-2009, 05:55 PM
You mess with the towel and, bad things happen to you and your team.

Texasteel
10-31-2009, 08:22 PM
those dumbasses further desecrated a towel by writing on it ??? :doh: .....don't they know only steelers can write on the towel ???

Thats what I was thinking MOP. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have White stomp on the towel than sign it.

SteelerEmpire
10-31-2009, 11:59 PM
THE TOWEL IS EVIL ....!!! (ha ha...) HAPPY HALLOWEEN STEELER NATION....

beSteelmyheart
11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Titans beat the Jags, 30-13....

Steel-Bryan
11-01-2009, 07:18 PM

Amazing, and the broncos lost. Its like a switch-a-roo . Everything seems like its going back to normal

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM

This whole terrible towel thing must really be screwing with their heads now. :rofl:

SteelerEmpire
11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
This whole terrible towel thing must really be screwing with their heads now. :rofl:

Oh yea.... There's gonna be more than a few stories on this for years to come.... :tt03:

7SteelGal43
11-01-2009, 11:05 PM
:chuckle:It's not like the curse is gonna go away anyways if he apologizes

Seems their little act of repentence worked :thumbsup:

quote: GODFATHER
I hope the act of penance works. That would make the Terrible Curse look even stronger and would deter future desecration of the Towel. Plus if anyone is still dumb enough to do it, their teammates will have the Curse in their heads and opponents will smell blood.

LOL you called it. This couldn't be any cooler. You can't make this stuff up. :chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh yea.... There's gonna be more than a few stories on this for years to come.... :tt03:
I haven't heard a peep from the media on TV...(ESPN/NFL Live) but it's all been about Favre so I don't pay much attention.

tony hipchest
11-05-2009, 11:31 PM
the towel is now up for bids on ebay. ($177)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120489463719

maybe i wil buy it, wash it, and undo the "lifting of the curse" :chuckle: