PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball 2009-2010

Nadroj 20
10-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Im pretty pumped for college basketball, cant wait to see my pitt panthers play this year, even though they are down alot from last season.

Anyone else as excited as I am?

revefsreleets
10-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Absolutely! My Bucks will be better, and my MAC Champion Zips return every player but one, and added a 7 foot center (rated pretty highly). Loves me some college hoops! Much purer than the pro game, although it has gotten better in the last 5-10 years...

Nadroj 20
10-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Absolutely! My Bucks will be better, and my MAC Champion Zips return every player but one, and added a 7 foot center (rated pretty highly). Loves me some college hoops! Much purer than the pro game, although it has gotten better in the last 5-10 years...

Woah ..lol i actually follow both teams being an ohio native myself....Akrons Anthony "Humpty" Hitchens should have a good year i watched him play in the State tourneys 2 years ago and he was awesome! had a decent freshman year last year looking to be better this year im sure.

Ohio State should actually be pretty darn good, they only lost mullens (who cares?lol)

So they will have turner, lighty, diebler as the key guys back

Saw Diebler the same year in the state tourny and he can be lights out if he gets on, sometimes he as trouble finding the switch though lol

revefsreleets
10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Humpty was named to the MAC ALL-East team...he should have a good year. The McKnight Bros. will really be the key to a great season. The Zips DESPERATELY need a "statement" victory over a marquee opponent. They'll have a few chances this year with NC State, Niagara, Texas A&M, and Valparaiso on the schedule, plus the bracket buster game.

TackleMeBen
10-31-2009, 08:37 AM
I was happy to see my Duke Blue Devils in the top 10 preseason poll. I cant wait to see them kick UNC's butt this year.

Nadroj 20
10-31-2009, 08:41 AM
I was happy to see my Duke Blue Devils in the top 10 preseason pole. I cant wait to see them kick UNC's butt this year.

I cant wait to watch them play next year when Seth Curry is eligible, that will be fun to watch!

Im not a Duke fan or anything lol, but i like watch any good team and if Seth is anything like is bro Steph, watch out!

TackleMeBen
10-31-2009, 09:53 AM
I cant wait to watch them play next year when Seth Curry is eligible, that will be fun to watch!

Im not a Duke fan or anything lol, but i like watch any good team and if Seth is anything like is bro Steph, watch out!
I am not sure how much longer coach K is going to be around coaching, so i would like to see my blue devils win one more national title for him. i much rather watch college basketball than pro basketball.

Nadroj 20
10-31-2009, 01:14 PM
I am not sure how much longer coach K is going to be around coaching, so i would like to see my blue devils win one more national title for him. i much rather watch college basketball than pro basketball.

Agreed and im sure many other people feel the same way.

Steelboy84
10-31-2009, 02:40 PM
I was happy to see my Duke Blue Devils in the top 10 preseason poll. I cant wait to see them kick UNC's butt this year.

They had a senior team in 2006 and was picked to go deep when all of UNC's stars left. LSU put them out that year.

Then a young man named Tyler Hansbrough ruined their senior night.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Nadroj 20
11-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Le Moyne takes out #25 Syracuse in an exhibition game last night 82-79 lol

ummm who the hell is Le Moyne you ask?

They are a Division II school in syracuse New york and they just took out the supposed #25 ranked team in the country.

I know this is an enhibition game but if you saw the highlights syracuse thought Holy sh*t we cant lose this game! and they were trying hard, toward then end. That was pretty cool to see an upset like that.

SteelDevilNC
11-06-2009, 09:09 PM
In 7 days the season starts for my blue devils against UNCG( the school Iattend haha) and I will be in Cameron to see it GO DUKE!!!

iloveben7
11-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm kind of worried about Pitt :(

TackleMeBen
11-07-2009, 10:56 AM
They had a senior team in 2006 and was picked to go deep when all of UNC's stars left. LSU put them out that year.

Then a young man named Tyler Hansbrough ruined their senior night.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:
i hate hansbrough and hope he sucks in the NBA:wink02:

Nadroj 20
11-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm kind of worried about Pitt :(

Yea i am little worried myself, not a whole lot of experience coming back

There is some though...

hindes204
11-07-2009, 02:02 PM

There is some though...

Never count them out, they always dig deep and end up playing good ball......love me some PITT basketball

iloveben7
11-07-2009, 03:41 PM

There is some though...

We don't have any good rebounders until Gilbert Brown is off of academic probation.

Nadroj 20
11-07-2009, 04:41 PM
We don't have any good rebounders until Gilbert Brown is off of academic probation.

Yea our 6'9" freshman Dante Taylor should get some minutes and he should be able to get some boards

Im excited about that kid

Nadroj 20
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Ohio State wins last night big, Turner had 14 pts 10 ast and 17 rbs

Diebler led all scorers with 22 ( 6 threes)

Buford dropped 19 as well.

revefsreleets
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Ohio State wins last night big, Turner had 14 pts 10 ast and 17 rbs

Diebler led all scorers with 22 ( 6 threes)

Buford dropped 19 as well.

They will be pretty good this year...it'll be nice to not have half the freaking Sophomores declaring for the NBA for a change...

revefsreleets
11-11-2009, 08:14 AM
NICE debut for 7 footer Zeke Marshall (McKeesport)for the Zips: 5-6 from the field, 4-6 from the line, 6 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal and EIGHT blocked shots, and that was in limited playing time off the bench.

Nadroj 20
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Ohio State plays tonight on the big ten network at 7. (if any one has the big ten network lol)

revefsreleets
11-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Ohio State plays tonight on the big ten network at 7. (if any one has the big ten network lol)

A) They destroyed James Madison
B) Next up is no other than the North Carolina Tar Heels (should be a real nice early season test)
C) First there was the "Thad Five"....now there is the "Super Six"...Matta's new recruiting class is the best in the country according to rivals, including the #2 prospect in the Country. If he can hold onto these guys for more than a year there are some NC's in the Buckeyes near future...

Nadroj 20
11-13-2009, 12:46 PM
A) They destroyed James Madison
B) Next up is no other than the North Carolina Tar Heels (should be a real nice early season test)
C) First there was the "Thad Five"....now there is the "Super Six"...Matta's new recruiting class is the best in the country according to rivals, including the #2 prospect in the Country. If he can hold onto these guys for more than a year there are some NC's in the Buckeyes near future...

Yep #2 guy is probably Sullinger right?....hes good Mr. Basketball in Ohio last year and i see no reason why he wont win this year

Couple of other guys who are going to Ohio State who i have seen play and like alot

Jordan Sibert and J.D. Weatherspoon

J.D. can jump out of the gym and Sibert is another nice guard

Steelboy84
11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Harrison Barnes, the top ranked player in ESPNU 100, selects the University of North Carolina to play for Roy Williams and the Tar Heels.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/nov/13/harrison-barnes-chooses-north-carolina/

See ya Duke!!

:tt03: :applaudit: :thumbsup: :drink: :wave: :wave: :wave: :flap:

Nadroj 20
11-13-2009, 10:51 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=293170221

Pitt has a close one first game of the year but pulled it off

Nadroj 20
11-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Pittsburgh is on ESPN 2 for anybody wanting to watch

Nadroj 20
11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Ashton Gibbs is on fire he can shoot it

Nadroj 20
11-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Ohio State and North Carolina play tonight!! I hope the buckeyes knock em off!! lol

GO BUCKS!

iloveben7
11-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I <3 Ashton Gibbs. He's on fire

T&B fan
11-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Le Moyne takes out #25 Syracuse in an exhibition game last night 82-79 lol

ummm who the hell is Le Moyne you ask?

They are a Division II school in syracuse New york and they just took out the supposed #25 ranked team in the country.

I know this is an enhibition game but if you saw the highlights syracuse thought Holy sh*t we cant lose this game! and they were trying hard, toward then end. That was pretty cool to see an upset like that.

yes it was ugly ..... but thats why SU don't play man to man they suck at it ... it Zone or a bad year ...

looked a lot beter kickin UNC butt :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
12-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Evan Turner for Ohio State will miss 8 weeks because of fracturing his back in todays game. Im glad its not as serious as it could have been and that he'll be able to return

This will hurt the bucks as he was their best player.

revefsreleets
12-07-2009, 01:40 PM
It's adversity...they will still be pretty good, as they reload instead of rebuild.

My only worry is that when he comes back the team has trouble re-adjusting. If OSU, who probably would be a 25 game winner this year WITH Turner, only wins 20 without him (meaning they only go 13-11 the rest of the way) PRE-Big Ten tournament, and they win a couple games, or maybe even the whole tourney itself, they will be a VERY dangerous draw in the NCAA tournament.

Nadroj 20
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
It's adversity...they will still be pretty good, as they reload instead of rebuild.

My only worry is that when he comes back the team has trouble re-adjusting. If OSU, who probably would be a 25 game winner this year WITH Turner, only wins 20 without him (meaning they only go 13-11 the rest of the way) PRE-Big Ten tournament, and they win a couple games, or maybe even the whole tourney itself, they will be a VERY dangerous draw in the NCAA tournament.

I agree

Can you imagine them next year if turner stays?? Even if he leaves they'll still be good
Getting Sullinger and Weatherspoon next year with almost everyone back watch out!

Nadroj 20
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Also the other team i love to follow the Pitt Panthers play tonight at 9 on espn against Indiana.....GO PANTHERS

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 01:08 PM
On ESPN tonight at 7 some good high school basketball is on.

Findlay Prep (Nevada) vs. Northland (Ohio) is playing tonight. Any buckeye fans out there should watch because two top OSU recruits play for Northland. Jared Sullinger #34 (Ohio's Mr. Basketball last year as a JR.) and J.D. Weatherspoon #24

Other notable players on the Northland team is JR. Trey Burke (#3) and SO. Jordan Potts (#10)

I have seen this team play in person and they won the State Championship in Ohio Division I last year and i see no reason why they cant repeat this year.

Should be some good ball.

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Northland just upset the #1 team in the nation 53-52 which i didnt realize they were number 1. That makes that win for Northland awesome!!

Sullinger had 32 Points and bunch of rebounds 17 or 18 i dont know the exact #.

Really looking foward to seeing him on Ohio State next year.

revefsreleets
12-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Evan Turner said he'd be back in 3 weeks....like 3 weeks sooner than estimated. They look OK without him, but Butler beat them. Tough to lose your #1 scorer, #1 in assists and #1 in rebounds and NOT have your game suffer...

Nadroj 20
12-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Evan Turner said he'd be back in 3 weeks....like 3 weeks sooner than estimated. They look OK without him, but Butler beat them. Tough to lose your #1 scorer, #1 in assists and #1 in rebounds and NOT have your game suffer...

Butler shutting down Diebler sure didnt help things either.

revefsreleets
12-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Butler shutting down Diebler sure didnt help things either.

Matta changed strategies...Diebler was relying ONLY on his outside shot. He was driving the bucket a lot against Presbyterian...if he's a dual threat (and he should be), he'll get a lot more open 3-ball looks.

Nadroj 20
12-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Matta changed strategies...Diebler was relying ONLY on his outside shot. He was driving the bucket a lot against Presbyterian...if he's a dual threat (and he should be), he'll get a lot more open 3-ball looks.

True but i saw that game and Butlers Defender whoever it was on Diebler was stuck to him the whole game not letting him do anything else, it was good D, and i think credit needs to go to that kid for shutting him down. Diebler wasnt relying only on outside shots really because he only got off 5 or 6 shots altogether.

Next game he did better getting to the bucket yes but Butler didnt let him lol

revefsreleets
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
True but i saw that game and Butlers Defender whoever it was on Diebler was stuck to him the whole game not letting him do anything else, it was good D, and i think credit needs to go to that kid for shutting him down. Diebler wasnt relying only on outside shots really because he only got off 5 or 6 shots altogether.

Next game he did better getting to the bucket yes but Butler didnt let him lol

He wasn't trying to drive the basket...he hasn't really at all this year. He's relying SOLELY on his 3-point shot, and that made Butlers job of shutting him down that much easier. Matta changed his role after it became obvious how one-dimensional he was getting...

Preacher
12-19-2009, 04:27 AM
bump

Nadroj 20
12-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Mods~ Now that football season is winding down would it be possible to sticky this thread in the near future?

If so thanks :thumbsup:

Nadroj 20
01-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Pittsburgh has beat Syracuse and now UConn on the road, ive been pretty impressed with their play and just love watching them

Ashton Gibbs better win most improved player

Gilbert Brown and Jermain Dixon being back has been HUGE

revefsreleets
01-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Evan Turner is BACK, baby! 32 as a previously slumping OSU handed #6 Purdue their first home loss. And he's not even 100% yet.

He just took Purdue's highly vaunted defense apart single-handedly, especially down the stretch...I think he scored something like 14 of the last 18 Buckeye points.

They won't have the record for a top seed in the tourney, but they will be a DANGEROUS team to face come March.

T&B fan
01-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Pittsburgh has beat Syracuse and now UConn on the road, ive been pretty impressed with their play and just love watching them

Ashton Gibbs better win most improved player

Gilbert Brown and Jermain Dixon being back has been HUGE

yes Beat Syracuse they did and bad :banging: your # 1or 2 in the big east and on your way to a top 5 or better in all the polls . we will see you agen in NY .. the big east is back ..

Nadroj 20
01-15-2010, 10:50 AM
yes Beat Syracuse they did and bad :banging: your # 1or 2 in the big east and on your way to a top 5 or better in all the polls . we will see you agen in NY .. the big east is back ..

Big East is the best basketball conference imo :tt04: I love big east ball

revefsreleets
01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
OSU on a roll! First #6 Purdue, then #13 Wisconsin....Evan Turner being back makes all the difference...

T&B fan
01-27-2010, 11:41 AM
32 yrs with 20 + wins Syracuse

Nadroj 20
02-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Pittsburgh plays a good Marquette team tonight on espn2 at 9:00 p.m. eastern time

Big game to win for Pitt on the road because then sunday we get Nova at home, and we gotta stay in the top 4 of the Big East to get that nice 2-round bye

Nadroj 20
02-27-2010, 01:13 PM
College Basketball Headlines

Notre Dame goes to Georgtown and defeats the #13 ranked hoyas

#19 Tenn knocks off #2 Kentucky

#16 Pitt beats St. Johns to mover closer to that important double bye in the big east tourny

#9 Ohio State beats rival Michigan to improve to 13-4 in Big Ten play

tony hipchest
03-07-2010, 11:52 PM
how the hell is UNM lobo's steve alford not being mentioned as coach of the year?

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2010, 07:01 PM
how comes steelcityman hasn't mentioned the beatdown the terps put on duke....:chuckle:

Nadroj 20
03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Pittsburgh playing in their first big east tourney game on ESPN right now against Notre Dame.

Nadroj 20
03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
how the hell is UNM lobo's steve alford not being mentioned as coach of the year?

I think it should be Jamie Dixon.

Pitt was predicted 9th in Big East finished 2nd....and big east is crazy tough

steelerdude15
03-12-2010, 01:30 AM
We lost. :mad:

Nadroj 20
03-12-2010, 07:56 AM
We lost. :mad:

Notre Dame scared me before the game started.

So out of the 4 double bye big east teams (seeds 1-4)....seeds 1 (syracuse), 2 (pitt) and 4 (nova) all lost and the 3rd seed WVU only won because a guy from cincy cant dribble and rolled the ball out of bounce only to let butler bank a game winning shot in :doh:

T&B fan
03-12-2010, 08:59 AM
every game in the big east is a tuff game .syracuse may have lost there big man for the NCAA , that was the bigger loss to us ..

steelerdude15
03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I hate West Virginia! :mad:

Nadroj 20
03-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Lol yea ill admit i would have rather seen georgetown win.....but oh well i guess i dont see wvu doing that great in the tourney i see them getting to the sweet 16 and losing.

steelerdude15
03-13-2010, 10:33 PM
I honestly feel that next year, Pitt will be better and do better. I hope they win the Big East next year.

Nadroj 20
03-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I honestly feel that next year, Pitt will be better and do better. I hope they win the Big East next year.

Oh for sure man....i was impressed this year with everyone they lost i though this year would be a rebuilding year but they did great and they are only losing dixon for next year....they will be tough im sure

steelerdude15
03-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh for sure man....i was impressed this year with everyone they lost i though this year would be a rebuilding year but they did great and they are only losing dixon for next year....they will be tough im sure
The team will have more experience and will be ready to fight back. I'm really glad of what Jamie Dixon has done for the Panthers. I also like Ashton Gibbs, he's going to make a great NBA player IMO. My favorite player is center Gary McGhee and he's returning next year. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200912/20091229mfpitt5_500.jpg

T&B fan
03-14-2010, 11:43 AM
next yr hell the NCAA 's are just getting started . that was just the big east doing what it always do knocking each other out .. BE gets 8 teams in, 4 sweet16's , and 2 in the last game .....

Nadroj 20
03-15-2010, 07:51 PM
For those who care I am going to brake down the NCAA bracket the way i see it playing out (my predictions)....Let me know what you think, a love picking upsets but i usually have decent reason behind them, but I do think this year is the best year to pick upsets because of the weak at large field....

All projections are based on what I have read, teams I have watched, my opinions, and sometimes educated guesses lol

NOTE: To understand everything it will probably be best if you have a bracker sitting next to you to refer to while reading this.

Midwest Region

#1 overall seed Kansas probably has the toughest road to get to the final 4 out of this region which i find odd since they are techinally the #1 seed in the whole tournament and who i think is the best team in the country. This is the only part of the bracket in which i have no upsets happening so all of the higher seeds i have moving on......

so that leaves Kansas vs UNLV, Michigan St. vs. Maryland, Tennessee vs. Georgetown, and Oklahoma St. vs. Ohio St.

In those games I advance the favorite Kansas, then Maryland, GT, and Ohio State....so that leaves

Kansas vs. Maryland and Ohio State vs GT

I like Maryland because of Vasquez but I do not think he is good enough to carry the team over Kansas....in my opinion Kansas has the least amount of problems/ Questions that the other #1 seeds have They advance in my bracket

Next OSU vs. Georgetown, in my opinion Freeman is a big gaurd that could cause some problems for the buckeyes especially if turner gets into foul trouble....If he keeps his fouls down the game stays close BUT The biggest issue/question that I have is who will guard Greg Monroe? at 6'10" he is the best passer in the country for his size and he has driving ability...Lauderdale going to gaurd him? Madsen? I dont think so, this is were only being 6 or so deep for the buckeyes hurt them....GT advances.

Kansas vs. GT

Im sticking with the team I feel is the best in the tourney...Kansas wins the Midwest region.

West Region

Ok this is where my crazy upsets begin to happen, all of the favorites win the first games EXCEPT I have UTEP beating Butler and Murray St. beating Vandy. Yep...i do. Why? UTEP has a great guard in Culpepper and a good post presence in Character, making a really good inside out tandem..I know Butler hasnt lost in like 2 months but UTEP is tough and is also one of the favorite upsets of the tournament and Im jumping on it too.

Murray State is not as common, I decided that one myself.....They have 6 players all scoring about 10 a game, they are consistent and I dont think Vandy is....also no matter who wins I have UTEP going to the sweet 16, so i thought why not try for an upset? especially when its not absolutely out of the question of happening.

So like i said UTEP in sweet 16 vs Syracuse, and also Pittsburgh vs. Kansas St.

UTEP's run ends to syracuse and sadly i go against my panthers and advance K State

My West region winner is...........Syracuse.....that 2-3 zone is a killer BUT if they werent to get to the final 4, it could be due to losing Onuaku so watch for that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EAST and SOUTH coming in a little while.

Nadroj 20
03-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok Time for the other 32 teams on the other side of the bracket starting with the

East Region

Ok, of course i have Kentucky winning game 1 along with Texas......now time for another upset! CORNELL beats Temple, Temple feels like they should have been like a 3 seed, but Cornell also feels like they should have gotten a better seed. When it comes down to it my choice is based on Ryan Whitman sharp shooter from Cornell, i think he makes the difference along with their 7 footer Foote and Cornell knocks off Temple.

Wisconson, Marquette, New Mexico, Clemson and WVU all advance from their first games too.

One of them i want to talk about is the Marquette Washington match up...um Big East vs. Pac-10.....nuff said imo

so that leaves Kentucky vs. Texas, Cornell vs. Wisconsin, Marquette vs. NM, and Clemson vs. WVU

I advance Kentucky and WVU of course then stick with my darkhourse Cornell (i have been on their bandwagon since mid season and im not jumping off now) and Marquette who i think is an underrated team coming out of the big east to end NM tourney leaving.....

Kentucky vs. Cornell and Marquette vs. WVU for the sweet 16 games.

This is the game i get off the cornell train and come back to my senses and take Kentucky and also i pick WVU

Kentucky vs. WVU

I am not as high on Kentucky as many others seem to be....why? youth....They are good but young and i think WVU is a smarter basketball team so i go with...

WVU as the East winner.

South

This is the part of the bracket that will make me look like a genious or an idiot.

All favorites win first game EXCEPT louisville and Siena (purdue is just terrible now imo) move on too

I have duke moving to sweet 16 and A&M and Baylor...

Now i have Richmond beating VIllanova......yea i know it could be a stretch but Nova has lost 5 of 7 and Richmond's Defense is tough.....im going with the upset

So that leaves Duke vs. A&M and Baylor vs. Richmond

I advance Duke of course and then yep again RICHMOND....hey i liked richmond from the beginning then i saw Doug Gottlieb on ESPN had them in the Elite 8 as well, and i thought well maybe im not so crazy now lol but idc what he or anyone else thinks they get to face Duke in the elite game.

But they lose

Duke wins the South region.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Final 4

Kansas vs. Syracuse WVU vs. Duke

Im taking Kansas because I think they are the best like ive said many times and i also pick WVU who i feel as a big chip on their shoulder and they will be out to prove they should have been a #1 seed

Championship Game

Kansas vs. WVU

Im taking Kansas if you havent guessed by now......Collins is the best big game player i feel and imo kansas is the best team in the country even tho that isnt by much......

I hope everyone enjoyed my thoughts....Feel free to rip me or agree i dont care and Im up for any kind of discussion :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
03-15-2010, 08:59 PM
good job nadroj.

this will be a great tournament for me. i think for the first time in my life (and possibly history) 4 of my 5 favorite teams are IN!

UNM, PITT, NMSU, and UTEP (the only one missing is my arizona wildcats).

UNM hasnt been this good, and not even close to being this highly ranked since the early 90's with kenny thomas and charles 'the spider" smith. unfortunately they were always the bridesmaids to r. majerus utes when they were a powerhouse with a. miller. k. van horn, and m. doleac.

they always had some hella battles though that always seemed to come down to the last minute and final shot.

im hoping their loss to SDSU on friday night serves as a wake up call, but like you, i fear they may not get past the 2nd round. i also like UTEP for an early upset.

either way, im just glad to see my region back on the map. oddly enough michael jordan won championships with 2 NM players on the bulls roster (r. brown and l. longley).

T&B fan
03-16-2010, 07:25 PM
can someone tell me why did Duke get the play-in game ???? the 3erd #! whats up with that ???

Nadroj 20
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
good job nadroj.

this will be a great tournament for me. i think for the first time in my life (and possibly history) 4 of my 5 favorite teams are IN!

UNM, PITT, NMSU, and UTEP (the only one missing is my arizona wildcats).

UNM hasnt been this good, and not even close to being this highly ranked since the early 90's with kenny thomas and charles 'the spider" smith. unfortunately they were always the bridesmaids to r. majerus utes when they were a powerhouse with a. miller. k. van horn, and m. doleac.

they always had some hella battles though that always seemed to come down to the last minute and final shot.

im hoping their loss to SDSU on friday night serves as a wake up call, but like you, i fear they may not get past the 2nd round. i also like UTEP for an early upset.

either way, im just glad to see my region back on the map. oddly enough michael jordan won championships with 2 NM players on the bulls roster (r. brown and l. longley).

Thanks Tony

SDSU could be an upset team too, a loss to them isnt terrrible, when it comes down to it, i just really like Marquette and they are a team i have seen and im familiar with and New Mexico is not, so im just going with the familiar who i think is underrated.

Nadroj 20
03-16-2010, 09:24 PM
can someone tell me why did Duke get the play-in game ???? the 3erd #! whats up with that ???

Thank you someone else has noticed this too!!

I always thought the #1 overall seed got the play in game and that is Kansas, and instead Duke go it???

Also Kansas probably has the toughest region, how that heck is that?

I dont think Duke is a terrible team at all, but i really would love someone to explain to me why they probably have the weakest region PLUS they get the play in game....

Nadroj 20
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
:injured: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that is Georgetown after the beating Ohio gave them!!!! :rofl:

steelerdude15
03-19-2010, 02:14 PM
This is horrible game so far, come on Pitt, what are you doing!?!?!?

steelreserve
03-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Well, this is probably nothing terribly relevant to most of you, but yesterday my school (St. Mary's) won its first NCAA tournament game in 50 years. So you'll have to forgive me for gloating about it like an idiot. Tomorrow, we play Villanova and I'm going to the campus for one of those things where they show the game in some big hall with 500 people yelling at the screen.

For those of you who didn't go to a small school, it's pretty hard to describe the feeling you get when one moment you're thinking "YES! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!" and then 10 seconds later you see a bracket with your tiny school next to some national powerhouse team with a (2) in front of it, and you go "ahhhh ... shit."

I'm not trying to fool myself here, but at least it looks like there's a small chance of puling it off, partly because Villanova is playing like shit lately and partly because they have big matchup problems inside. If St. Mary's does win, you can expect my next post to be made from a wheelbarrow, or a ditch, or jail, or wherever the hell I ended up passing out.

At any rate, if you're looking for an underdog team to root for tomorrow, I'd be very grateful if this was it. If nothing else, I hope this has at least conveyed some of the unbridled excitement that crops up when your team is not a traditional contender and finally makes some progress. For us, even a little success is something to be proud of for a long time.

Nadroj 20
03-19-2010, 06:14 PM
This is horrible game so far, come on Pitt, what are you doing!?!?!?

Im glad they got it together lol.....pitt and WVU actually represented the big east well

Nadroj 20
03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, this is probably nothing terribly relevant to most of you, but yesterday my school (St. Mary's) won its first NCAA tournament game in 50 years. So you'll have to forgive me for gloating about it like an idiot. Tomorrow, we play Villanova and I'm going to the campus for one of those things where they show the game in some big hall with 500 people yelling at the screen.

For those of you who didn't go to a small school, it's pretty hard to describe the feeling you get when one moment you're thinking "YES! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!" and then 10 seconds later you see a bracket with your tiny school next to some national powerhouse team with a (2) in front of it, and you go "ahhhh ... shit."

I'm not trying to fool myself here, but at least it looks like there's a small chance of puling it off, partly because Villanova is playing like shit lately and partly because they have big matchup problems inside. If St. Mary's does win, you can expect my next post to be made from a wheelbarrow, or a ditch, or jail, or wherever the hell I ended up passing out.

At any rate, if you're looking for an underdog team to root for tomorrow, I'd be very grateful if this was it. If nothing else, I hope this has at least conveyed some of the unbridled excitement that crops up when your team is not a traditional contender and finally makes some progress. For us, even a little success is something to be proud of for a long time.

Good for them and you....I'll be honest I picked Richmond and really gave St. Marys no chance of winning...why? not so much because i thought St. Marys was bad or anything because they are not it was more because Richmond (i thought) had really good guard play and i saw them matching up better with Villanova...even if they do match up better they have to win their first game and did not haha.....but now looking at the St. Marys Nova match-up, I agree with St. Marys having a chance. Nova just has not been playing well lately and that big guy you guys have is a freaking beast. If he is on like he was against Richmond, look out

Good Luck to St. Marys :thumbsup:

steelerdude15
03-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes congrads friend. I'm really happy Pitt picked it up. I only got to watch the first half cause I had to go to work. O well, still happy they won.

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, this is probably nothing terribly relevant to most of you, but yesterday my school (St. Mary's) won its first NCAA tournament game in 50 years. So you'll have to forgive me for gloating about it like an idiot.

i feel your happiness (and pain) bro. a friend confirmed today that this is indeed the 1st time that UNM, NMSU, and UTEP have all made the tournament in the same year. if this were the Mexican basketball league, our region would be an absolute POWERHOUSE!

UNM looked flat and nowhere near their top 10 ranking. UTEP got whipped. NMSU was getting their asses handed to them in the 1st half vs MSU and made a great rally in the 2nd half, only to lose in the end by a basket. just to see them represent and push a l. izzo team to the brink, on the national stage, was good enough for me. :thumbsup:

good luck to st marys in the next round. march madness is always better when you have a legitimate team or cause to root for. i guess once UNM and PITT are eliminated, i will look for the best polish coach remaining and root for them.

tony hipchest
03-20-2010, 02:17 PM

At any rate, if you're looking for an underdog team to root for tomorrow, I'd be very grateful if this was it. If nothing else, I hope this has at least conveyed some of the unbridled excitement that crops up when your team is not a traditional contender and finally makes some progress.if i had to guess, steelereserves next post will be coming from a ditch.

that was a hell of a game. st marys took it to them right out of the gate, and weathered the storm when villanova was able to tie it at 65. i thought they would let it slip away, but were able to crank it up a notch. they showed good mettle and resolve that could get them past the next round.

congrats on the 1st sweet 16 in 50 years! :cheers:

Nadroj 20
03-20-2010, 02:55 PM
if i had to guess, steelereserves next post will be coming from a ditch.

that was a hell of a game. st marys took it to them right out of the gate, and weathered the storm when villanova was able to tie it at 65. i thought they would let it slip away, but were able to crank it up a notch. they showed good mettle and resolve that could get them past the next round.

congrats on the 1st sweet 16 in 50 years! :cheers:

We may have to start raising money to bail him out of jail :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
03-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Well as all of you can see from my predictions my bracket is horrible :doh:

Kansas got beat! and at this point i think its awesome lol since my bracket is so bad im pulling for the upsets aside from the teams i want to see win like Pittsburgh and Ohio State (whos bracket got that much easier with Kansas getting sent home)

So go Panthers and go Buckeyes!

tony hipchest
03-21-2010, 12:10 AM
well the UNM lobos completely screwed the pooch in embarrassing fashion. it is obvious they were way overrated with their #8 ranking at the end of the season. it was shown in their last 3 games.

im not sure if it is because they are so young and relatively inexperienced on the big stage, or if they got caught up in the hype and started believing their ranking and national attention.

if its the latter, i hope they leaned that being the shit in mountain west bb dont mean jack, and can make a return attempt next season.

PITT is the only horse i got left.

go st marys!

steelreserve
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
We may have to start raising money to bail him out of jail :chuckle:

Let's just say I managed to avoid jail, although I'll be lucky to get my voice back before the next round. I am rarely awake at 9 a.m. on a Saturday, much less drinking Olde English "800" in the parking lot at a tailgate party. I cannot even begin to describe the pandemonium that was taking place there, except I vaguely remember being bear-hugged by a bunch of random strangers ... some 70-year-old priest puming his fists in the air and yelling like Randy "Macho Man" Savage as the clock hit 0:00 ... and them clanging the big church bell that they use like once a decade (I think the last time they used it was when the pope died). Then going to the liquor store and they were nearly sold out of everything. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Man. Time to get ready for Baylor.

steelerdude15
03-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Well... Pitt, it was a good run, I wish you guys luck next year and will be there cheering for you when it's that time again. :frown:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-22-2010, 12:27 AM
The Buckeyes road to the Final Four seems to have gotten a good bit easier with the early departures of Kansas, Pitt, and Georgetown. I think of the money I could have made by going with the homer pick instead of going with the "sure thing". lol. Anyone looking for a severly busted bracket? Anyone???

SteelerNation12
03-22-2010, 02:40 AM
The Buckeyes road to the Final Four seems to have gotten a good bit easier with the early departures of Kansas, Pitt, and Georgetown. I think of the money I could have made by going with the homer pick instead of going with the "sure thing". lol. Anyone looking for a severly busted bracket? Anyone???
It was blown up in one day when Nova and Kansas went down.
I didn't wanna go with the homer pick either. I thought we would lose to GT

Nadroj 20
03-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Let's just say I managed to avoid jail, although I'll be lucky to get my voice back before the next round. I am rarely awake at 9 a.m. on a Saturday, much less drinking Olde English "800" in the parking lot at a tailgate party. I cannot even begin to describe the pandemonium that was taking place there, except I vaguely remember being bear-hugged by a bunch of random strangers ... some 70-year-old priest puming his fists in the air and yelling like Randy "Macho Man" Savage as the clock hit 0:00 ... and them clanging the big church bell that they use like once a decade (I think the last time they used it was when the pope died). Then going to the liquor store and they were nearly sold out of everything. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Man. Time to get ready for Baylor.

I watched that whole game and i was impressed. Like i said before that Omar Samhan is a beast and all of your austrailan players are scrappy and tough. #32 (Mcdonald?) is a flat out shooter and that #4 point gaurd made some good plays.

Go St. Marys! lol

Nadroj 20
03-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Well... Pitt, it was a good run, I wish you guys luck next year and will be there cheering for you when it's that time again. :frown:

A very young team that should be better next season :thumbsup: They have some nice recruits coming in (I. Epps and C. Wright) and i think Taylor will be better next season with his frosh year under his belt.

To the seniors Jermaine Dixon and Chase Adams thanks for everything :thumbsup:

Nadroj 20
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Nope got one sitting right next to me :toofunny:

steelreserve
03-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I watched that whole game and i was impressed. Like i said before that Omar Samhan is a beast and all of your austrailan players are scrappy and tough. #32 (Mcdonald?) is a flat out shooter and that #4 point gaurd made some good plays.

Go St. Marys! lol

I swear to god, Omar Samhan is Bald Bull. I could never quite put a finger on what made him so recognizable, but that's it. He's Bald freaking Bull. He gets the ball in the low block, I half expect him to do a headfake and a right uppercut.

Anyway ... when I was no longer drunk on Sunday, I noticed there were, like, a TON of Cinderella teams to go along with us. Northern Iowa, Cornell ... I mean, dang! This is a banner year. Usually we're down to two or three after the first round, and you're lucky if one makes it to the Sweet 16. This is not counting teams like Washington or Butler or Xavier, by the way, who everyone already kind of knew could be good. Hard to beat this year for teams coming out of nowhere.

Godfather
03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Any chance Denis Clemente will be in the NBA next year?

steelreserve
03-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Who knows. I managed to get thrown out of more than one bar last night as a direct result of the tournament. At least I didn't sexually assault anyone in the bathroom, I think.

steelersfanman92
04-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Great win by Butler, its awesome to see a small midmajor like them make it to the championship. Indy is already going crazy and the game ended ten minutes ago.

stlrtruck
04-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Great win by Butler, its awesome to see a small midmajor like them make it to the championship. Indy is already going crazy and the game ended ten minutes ago.

Yeah, now it would be nice if WV could upset Duke. That would turn the NCAA Championship upside down. A place it hasn't been in a long time!

Godfather
04-03-2010, 08:42 PM
At least my women's bracket is somewhat intact. I picked Baylor and UConn for the Final Four.

I would have picked Oklahoma but I didn't think they'd win the Elite Eight game without Whitney Hand.

Nadroj 20
04-03-2010, 09:57 PM
At least my women's bracket is somewhat intact. I picked Baylor and UConn for the Final Four.

I would have picked Oklahoma but I didn't think they'd win the Elite Eight game without Whitney Hand.

What you didnt go with oklahoma and roethlisbergers sister? come on man!! lol just kidding i didnt even fill it out cause i know whos winning, why bother? :chuckle:

fansince'76
04-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Great game last night - was hoping Butler would pull it out, though. Oh well, congrats to Duke. :drink:

Godfather
04-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Great game last night - was hoping Butler would pull it out, though. Oh well, congrats to Duke. :drink:

Me too. We came within about a centimeter of the Hollywood ending.