PDA

View Full Version : Getting away from rumors, We're ranked 5th overall

JeromeBusBettis93
10-30-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.powernfl.com/
This site combines the rankings, i've mentioned it in another thread i think.

Anyways we are ranked 5th overall, with most of the sites giving us 7th and nfl.com giving us 4th.

do u think thats too high or too low or just right.

i know there are gonna be a bunch of people saying :blah: that this don't matter and what not.... who cares.... we are fans.... we need something to do tuesday - saturday :)

theplatypus
10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
The only thing I care about this year is the health of the players and SB win #7.

Christian Snyder
10-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I think 5th is about right..... But why are the Saints ranked in front of the Colts!?:noidea:

:tt04:

tyler289
10-30-2009, 08:34 PM
I think 5th is about right..... But why are the Saints ranked in front of the Colts!?:noidea:

I think the Saints are better than the Colts.

Christian Snyder
10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I think the Saints are better than the Colts. I'm not so sure.... The Saints are better than the Colts on off. and the Colts are better than the Saints on def (stats-wise).:noidea:

SteelC7
10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
i like stats, i know they dont measure up to wins, but hey its fun to see our QB 2nd in the league in passing and our WR 2nd in the league in receiving, i like stats, its great to see your team in the upper echelon of the league

JeromeBusBettis93
10-30-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm not so sure.... The Saints are better than the Colts on off. and the Colts are better than the Saints on def (stats-wise).:noidea:

Colts have had a very very very very easy schedule....

Saints have proved their strength against the Giants by smashing them up.

Colts have alot to prove in 2 weeks, where they meet the hard part of their schedule (or rather, the part that has actual teams)

saints are way better in my opinion.

Nadroj 20
10-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Colts have had a very very very very easy schedule....

Saints have proved their strength against the Giants by smashing them up.

Colts have alot to prove in 2 weeks, where they meet the hard part of their schedule (or rather, the part that has actual teams)

saints are way better in my opinion.

BINGO...this is why the saints are ahead of the colts, colts havent played anyone yet, however they are still a good team.

sharkweek
10-31-2009, 12:05 AM
power rankings are silly, you're either going to rank a team based on how they're performing up to that point or you can rank them based on how good you think they really are and how far they'll go... that being said I think #5 is way too low as I think we're going to be #1 at the end of the year

rbryan
10-31-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't think it matters till after Thanksgiving.......that when the final BCS poll is right?

steelreserve
10-31-2009, 04:50 AM

Because the Colts haven;t played anyone worth half a shit, and as soon as they get to the playoffs, they're done in the first round again. If I've ever seen a team in decline, they're it.

Galax Steeler
10-31-2009, 05:01 AM
I have to say that the Saints are a better ball club. I don't think either team will go undefeated.

steel striker
10-31-2009, 05:24 AM
Right now I the the saints are better than the colts because, they have more balance. Plus an improved defense and, it says alot when your qb throws three picks and you still score 40 + points. As we know it is way to early to crown them.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
10-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Because the Colts haven;t played anyone worth half a shit, and as soon as they get to the playoffs, they're done in the first round again. If I've ever seen a team in decline, they're it.

I'd say they're very close:

The Saints have the #1 Offense. The Colts are #4.
The Colts have the #9 Defense, The Saints are #11.

Peyton has only been sacked 2 times in 215 attempts. #1 in the NFL.
Brees has been sacked 9 times in 197 attempts.

I know the Colts have had a cake schedule, but they're close...

But I can't make an argument that they're a "team in decline..."

Christian Snyder
10-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Because the Colts haven;t played anyone worth half a shit, and as soon as they get to the playoffs, they're done in the first round again. If I've ever seen a team in decline, they're it. I'll remind you of that when the Colts are in the Superbowl.... As of right now I don't think anyone in the AFC is better than the Colts.... I think there is a Colts/Pats game later this season and I'm looking forward to it, because I think these are the 2 best teams in the AFC.

I'm now dodging all of the rotten tomatoes being thrown at me.

Nadroj 20
10-31-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll remind you of that when the Colts are in the Superbowl.... As of right now I don't think anyone in the AFC is better than the Colts.... I think there is a Colts/Pats game later this season and I'm looking forward to it, because I think these are the 2 best teams in the AFC.

I'm now dodging all of the rotten tomatoes being thrown at me.

Colts in the Superbowl? :mad:

They are 6-0 yes but there last 6 opponents combined record is 11-26

The only team that they have played currently with a winning record is the 4-2 cardinals

Before making the BOLD prediction they will be in the superbowl (by the way if they are in, the Steelers arent...) i would wait until AFTER the pats game when they have actually played someone

Christian Snyder
10-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Colts in the Superbowl? :mad:

They are 6-0 yes but there last 6 opponents combined record is 11-26

The only team that they have played currently with a winning record is the 4-2 cardinals

Before making the BOLD prediction they will be in the superbowl (by the way if they are in, the Steelers arent...) i would wait until AFTER the pats game when they have actually played someone Okay, maybe my prediction was a little premature ( if that's even the word I'm looking for?) but I still think the Colts are the best team in the AfC.

BTW, I think the Steelers are the 3rd (maybe 2nd) best team in the AFC.:tt04:

Steelboy84
10-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Okay, maybe my prediction was a little premature ( if that's even the word I'm looking for?) but I still think the Colts are the best team in the AfC.

BTW, I think the Steelers are the 3rd (maybe 2nd) best team in the AFC.:tt04:

No lower than 2nd. Broncos will prove to be a fluke.

Christian Snyder
10-31-2009, 06:16 PM
No lower than 2nd. Broncos will prove to be a fluke. We will probably beat them and they will go 11-5 maybe 12-4.