PDA

View Full Version : Brett Keisel- Team MVP?

tony hipchest
10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
when aaron smith was injured the big talk was how hood, kirchke, and/or eason were going to do filling in for him.

but i havent seen any conversation on how it is none of the above. brett keisel has been moved over to the right side to play aaron smiths position and kirchke is primarily filling in for him on the left side (where he played quite well last season when brett was injured).

he is holding the point and the lb's are getting loose. the running game has been just as staunch as ever and hes even getting some action on the qb.

pat kirwan said that short of the qb (ben), keisel is the team mvp to this point, due to his production and relative lack of depth at the position.

i would have a hard time picking anyone over troy or harrison, but we know aaron (along with the other 2 on the line) are the lynch pins of the defense. if they arent doing their job, everyone suffers.

anyways, its good to see real football heads recognizing not only smith, but now the deisel. (fwiw pat and tim ryan love brett and try to have him on their show 3-4 times a year).

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Sorry Tony to contradict Pat and Tim, but I think defensively that Farrior, Harrison, Clark, Hampton and Ike have had more of an impact than Keisel this season. He has been solid as ususal, but to this point he has still performed as the 2nd best DE on the team.

GridironWarrior
10-30-2009, 06:28 PM
?? I thought Keisel was lined up at his usual spot and not Smith's. I'll have to watch the game again. I think Harrison, Troy and Farrior are the MVPs.

tony hipchest
10-30-2009, 06:35 PM
?? I thought Keisel was lined up at his usual spot and not Smith's. I'll have to watch the game again. I think Harrison, Troy and Farrior are the MVPs.remember the strip/sack/fumble of favre? thats the first play that quickly comes to mind. i am usually paying attention to who is blitzing and dropping into coverage, and didnt really notice myself.

and i agree, he isnt the mvp, but i sure would hate to lose him. the drop off from him to eason or hood could be much greater than say hines and wallace.

GridironWarrior
10-30-2009, 06:39 PM
remember the strip/sack/fumble of favre? thats the first play that quickly comes to mind. i am usually paying attention to who is blitzing and dropping into coverage, and didnt really notice myself.

and i agree, he isnt the mvp, but i sure would hate to lose him. the drop off from him to eason or hood could be much greater than say hines and wallace.

No doubt that was a great play, but in the nickle, dime I beleive that's where he normal lines up and Smith is the other spot. And in the base D he lined up next to Harison I thought, Smith lines up next to Woodley. But I could be wrong and maybe they did move him.

devilsdancefloor
10-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Im impressed with the dline period! they are absorbing the Oline blocks and letting teh LBers do what they do best!Coach dad saw something special in the keisel that he wanted him signed ASAP. He would know best! :tt04::tt04::tt04:

MasterOfPuppets
10-30-2009, 07:37 PM
i was pretty convinced, especially after drafting hood that keisel was not gonna see a new contract from pittsburgh.... thank god i was wrong....

steelwalls
10-30-2009, 07:38 PM

Aint that the truth.

HometownGal
10-30-2009, 07:47 PM
i was pretty convinced, especially after drafting hood that keisel was not gonna see a new contract from pittsburgh.... thank god i was wrong....

I had the same feeling, MOP - thank God we were both wrong. :drink:

Keisel flys under the radar and is an unsung hero on this team. :tt03:

Vincent
10-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Keisel flys under the radar and is an unsung hero on this team. :tt03:

That and he's a "good Steeler". That gets extensions.

Remember the belly aching when they announced the extension?

NV STEELERS 723
10-30-2009, 08:22 PM
What about Ben as team MVP ? Wow !