10-31-2009, 03:33 PM
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1008614

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beSteelmyheart
10-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Wouldn't we love to see Ben doing something like that, just once?:tt03:

steelwalls
10-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Seen some simular plays when playing HS ball. IMO.... bad Idea in the big leagues.

Nadroj 20
10-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Kids spiral wasnt that bad being thrown behind his back, that was awesome!

NEPAsteeler
10-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey, whatever works! :thumbsup:

Preacher
11-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Seen some simular plays when playing HS ball. IMO.... bad Idea in the big leagues.

Big leagues are way too fast, that ball would have been intercepted.

I don't know... it seems a bit of showing off. Mainly because it really wasn't necessary. The guy was wide open. Had a whole almost half the endzone to run through. Just didn't seem like a necessary play.

MACH1
11-01-2009, 01:59 AM
And to think people get pissed because Santo points at his arms.

A 58-0 game = showboating.

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 01:07 AM
how can you throw it behind your back without it being a forward lateral ?
:noidea:

Preacher
11-01-2009, 02:21 AM
how can you throw it behind your back without it being a forward lateral ?
:noidea:

It was... just another pass.

Galax Steeler
11-01-2009, 06:25 AM
I don't know but I would take it if I had the chance to score. Whatever works.

Godfather
11-01-2009, 08:41 AM
And to think people get pissed because Santo points at his arms.

A 58-0 game = showboating.

What was the score when they ran that play?

I've heard a couple of locals say that happened early in the game.

Nadroj 20
11-01-2009, 08:54 AM
What was the score when they ran that play?

I've heard a couple of locals say that happened early in the game.

Article said 13-0 so tha play woulda made it 15

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 12:30 PM
It was... just another pass.
ok...maybe i used the wrong term...

In American football a lateral pass or lateral, officially referred to as a backward pass, and an "onside pass" in Canadian football; is a sideways or rearward throwing of the football. The pass cannot itself advance the ball, though of course the receiver can advance after catching it. This is distinguished from a forward pass, which moves the ball in the direction of the opponent's end zone.

you can't throw it behind your back without it being an underhand pass, which is a "lateral"...which is illegal forward pass.

steelreserve
11-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Wouldn't we love to see Ben doing something like that, just once?:tt03:

No, because then some idiot sportscaster would go "OMG THAT REMINDS ME OF BRETT FAVRE" and then I'd be forced to track him down and choke him to death, and come on, I hardly have any spare time as it is.

steelreserve
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
In American football a lateral pass or lateral, officially referred to as a backward pass, and an "onside pass" in Canadian football; is a sideways or rearward throwing of the football. The pass cannot itself advance the ball, though of course the receiver can advance after catching it. This is distinguished from a forward pass, which moves the ball in the direction of the opponent's end zone.

you can't throw it behind your back without it being an underhand pass, which is a "lateral"...which is illegal forward pass.

Huh? That doesn't say anything about underhanded passes. It just says a lateral means a pass that doesn't go forward.

Unless I missed something in there, I've never heard of anything saying you can't throw the ball underhanded if you want. Obviously, nobody ever does because it's stupid. But as far as I know, you're allowed to roll the ball down the field like a bowling ball if you want, although they'd probably count that as a fumble.

I swear I've seen certain QBs throw an underhanded pass while a defender has a hold of them and tries to drag them down, and without getting flagged for it.

The_WARDen
11-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Aren't "shovel passes" underhanded? They go foreward.

steelreserve
11-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought a shovel pass wasn't really an underhanded pass; more like a one-handed "push pass" in basketball. I don't know; maybe sometimes they are underhanded. I just think there's no rule against throwing the ball forward however you want, as long as it doesn't touch the ground and you're not over the line of scrimmage and you don't do anything that would make it a fumble instead.