PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who enjoys the bye week?

Gnutella
11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Honestly, I think the bye week is relaxing. There's no emotional investment involved, so it's far less nerve-racking. It's also a good time to watch other teams and learn more about them. Sure, it's a little bit harder to cope when the bye week comes after a loss, but even then, I'd view it as a time to retrench.

Does anybody else find the bye week as relaxing as I do?

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Honestly, I think the bye week is relaxing. There's no emotional investment involved, so it's far less nerve-racking. It's also a good time to watch other teams and learn more about them. Sure, it's a little bit harder to cope when the bye week comes after a loss, but even then, I'd view it as a time to retrench.

I don't, I am already anxious for next monday. Due to the fact that we are playing another undefeated team on monday night just makes it that much harder to be patient for me.

Nadroj 20
11-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I go through the week looking foward to the Steelers playing so bye weeks suck

That being said i wont mind watching other games today but will still be thinking about next Monday night.

SteelCityMom
11-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Being able to watch the Pens a few times a week helps some and I also have a ton of Steelers games downloaded on my pc (older classic games and all the ones from this season) that I can watch if I get real antsy, but the waiting still drives me nuts lol, especially if it's a big game like the one against the Donks will be. If we were going to be playing the Browns or Chiefs or someone crappy like that, I don't think it would bother me as much.

steelerchad
11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Heck no.
I should have kept it to myself that the Steelers were on a bye week and disappered to my basement mancave where I have my Sunday Ticket hooked up. That way I could channel surf all the games all day long. Since my wife knows we're on a bye, I now will be mattress shopping all afternoon. I tried to suggest we start this morning, so we could be home early afternoon, but Sunday's they don't open until noon. ****.

Steelboy84
11-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I hate the the bye week, even if it is necessary.

But at least a Cowboys and Ravens loss today would make it all better. :-)

solardave
11-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Heck no.
I should have kept it to myself that the Steelers were on a bye week and disappered to my basement mancave where I have my Sunday Ticket hooked up. That way I could channel surf all the games all day long. Since my wife knows we're on a bye, I now will be mattress shopping all afternoon. I tried to suggest we start this morning, so we could be home early afternoon, but Sunday's they don't open until noon. ****.

I just have one word,man.

Shhhhhhhh! I'm already anxious for a real game and the Steelers are the only REAL TEAM,so. However I'd love to see Denver beat the Rats. Next Sunday the Rats beat the Bungals. We beat the Broncos and week after we beat the Bungals at home. I also believe this will play out in this fashion so we'll be on top to stay in the AFC north.

HometownGal
11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Steelers bye week sucks rotten eggs big time.

That is all.

Fire Haley
11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah - there's not much for me to like about no Steelers football - I can barely tolerate waiting a regular week as it is. I hate bye weeks.

There's really only 1 game worth watching for us - I want to see the Ratbirds soften up them Donks for us just like they did the Vikes.

Gnutella
11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I take everybody's responses as a "yes." *lol*

Jmat
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM

I like the bye week. If nothing else it provides a week off from fellow Steeler fans bitching and moaning about a win or a loss.

X-Terminator
11-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I like the bye week. If nothing else it provides a week off from fellow Steeler fans bitching and moaning about a win or a loss.

This.

stillers4me
11-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I like to because I can get caught up on things at home instead of heading to the Steelers bar. I'm getting ready to put ribs in the oven........ :banana:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Steelers bye week sucks rotten eggs big time.

That is all.

C'mon buddy...just gotta turn down the "Steeler Love" button and crank up the "Raven Hate" button. Then you can (hopefully) just enjoy the Ratbirds losing.

Oh...I am also going to keep my "Browns Amusing" button close to my chair...just to get a chuckle or two at their expense.:chuckle:

Does anyone else plan family events on the bye week, to work around the Steelers schedule?

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I have heard that Bye weeks are PERFECT times to start a "Mwelde Fan Club" thread...Or "Jeff Reed Hate" threads.

:stirthepot:

:couch:

BlastFurnace
11-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I hate the Bye week.

stb_steeler
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah - there's not much for me to like about no Steelers football - I can barely tolerate waiting a regular week as it is. I hate bye weeks.

There's really only 1 game worth watching for us - I want to see the Ratbirds soften up them Donks for us just like they did the Vikes.

I think you may have gotten your wish even tho Denver lost. I knew Donkeys didnt match up with a good defense yet until Ratbirds. Hope the Steelers have the same results.

Christian Snyder
11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
No, I hate bye weeks.

steelergirl07
11-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I enjoy it. No stress. I can sit back and just enjoy football, with no emotional attachment.

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I enjoy it. No stress. I can sit back and just enjoy football, with no emotional attachment.

sounds kind of like a one night stand.

fansince'76
11-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I agree with the OP - a week to relax.

steelwalls
11-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I agree with the OP - a week to relax.

Yeah give me one wek for my blood pressure not to go through the roof during the game. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I think its necessary for the players, but as a fan I dont enjoy it.

For me its slightly better than watching a Discovery channel show on volcanos. Its interesting, entertaining and visually appealing to watch............but I really dont care.

Fire Haley
11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I think you may have gotten your wish even tho Denver lost.

right again

Tackle Harris out with foot injury

BALTIMORE By the looks of the club-like splint and wrap protecting his right foot, Ryan Harris is going to be out awhile.

The Broncos' starting right tackle suffered a serious injury to the two smallest toes on his right foot early in the second quarter of Baltimore's 30-7 win Sunday.

"We'll see," Harris said about the extent of the injury.

He hobbled to the team bus on crutches.

In addition to Harris' toe injury, the Broncos must evaluate safeties David Bruton and Darcel McBath today. Both had leg injuries.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
right again

Tackle Harris out with foot injury

BALTIMORE By the looks of the club-like splint and wrap protecting his right foot, Ryan Harris is going to be out awhile.

The Broncos' starting right tackle suffered a serious injury to the two smallest toes on his right foot early in the second quarter of Baltimore's 30-7 win Sunday.

"We'll see," Harris said about the extent of the injury.

He hobbled to the team bus on crutches.

In addition to Harris' toe injury, the Broncos must evaluate safeties David Bruton and Darcel McBath today. Both had leg injuries.

If Harris cant go, then Brandon Gorin gets his first start since 2007 when he was with the terrible Rams O line. I think that will hurt their pass protection with him facing Woodley.

I still dont see how a D-line of McBean, Fields and Petersen for the Broncos can compete so well, but the seem to every week. I honestly think all football starts up front in the trenches...........and the Steelers D-line is better than the Bronco's O line with the injury and strangely, I give the nod to the Steelers O line over the Broncs D too.

vasteeler
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
another vote for no i hate the bye week sure its necessary but i still hate it

Spinlcrack
11-03-2009, 02:15 AM
:ouch::ouch:Hate the bye, but this week, ended up playing two gigs with the flu - swine or otherwise - and spent all day Sunday sleeping, taking meds and ...well you know how that goes. I couldn'teven watch a game. It was horrible. Actually felt lucky I got hit this week rather than any other of the season.

toughsticks87
11-03-2009, 04:10 AM
I feel like every other week is a bye week, since half the games don't come on TV in the Boston area. But yeah, it is still rough not to have the Steelers for another week.

BuckeyeSteel
11-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Does anyone else plan family events on the bye week, to work around the Steelers schedule?

Bye week? I plan every event around Buckeye & Steeler Football.

sounds kind of like a one night stand.

...not that that is a bad thing.

psusteelers4life
11-04-2009, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=BuckeyeSteel;693393]Bye week? I plan every event around Buckeye & Steeler Football

Same here I plan around Nittany Lion and Steeler football...there wasn't a bye week for me this past weekend with PSU playing on saturday, but atleast I gave my voice a rest on sunday. Rather than yelling at the tv the whole weekend .