PDA

View Full Version : Next three weeks could decide AFC North

mesaSteeler
11-01-2009, 09:45 AM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/11/next-three-weeks-could-decide-afc-north.html

Next three weeks could decide AFC North
The next three weeks may very well decide who wins the AFC North title this season.

While Cincinnati and Pittsburgh are off, Baltimore hosts unbeaten Denver in one of the marquee matchups of Week 8.

A loss by the Ravens, which would be their fourth in a row following a 3-0 start, would all but bury them in the division race.

Week 9 will send the Ravens to Cincinnati, while the Steelers head to Denver.

Again, given that Baltimore has already lost once to the Bengals at home, a loss at Cincinnati would severely damage Baltimore's playoff hopes, even if it defeats Denver this weekend.

A loss by the Steelers in Denver would drop them to 5-3 and would, more importantly, be the team's second AFC loss.

It wouldn't be a killer, but it would hurt.

Week 10 then sees Cincinnati visiting Heinz Field, while Baltimore heads to Cleveland for what should be a cakewalk over the Browns.

Having already lost in Cincinnati, the Steelers have to beat the Bengals at home to have a chance to win the division, particularly with two games remaining against the Ravens.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 1:29 AM

tyler289
11-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Considering our schedule, I'm not terribly concerned about winning in Denver.

Baltimore needs every win they can get. Their schedule is brutal.

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2009, 10:36 AM
The next three weeks present a huge opportunity for the steelers to run away with the division. Frankly I think it's already ours. The remaining schedule is stacked up against Cinci and Baltimore. IMO Cinci and Baltimore's backs are already against the wall.

If we win our next two games - the division is ours. It doesn't matter what the Ravens or Cinci does.

I have a hunch that Cinci is going to lose to Baltimore. Then if we beat Cinci that puts us 2 games up on Cinci and Baltimore.

All the Steelers have to do is worry about them selves. We've got 5 tough games ahead of us (Baltimore x2, Denver, Cinci, and GB) If we win 3 of those 5 that makes us 12-4 on the season. II can see us splitting w/ Baltimore and for some reason GB scares me. I don't think Cinci beats us twice. The only way we lose to Denver is if we beat our selves.

Edman
11-01-2009, 11:04 AM
The Steelers get Green Bay and Cincinnati at home.

We go to Baltimore. It's always tough to win there.

Now would be a good time to get off the shnide in Denver.

btaylor179
11-01-2009, 11:24 AM
we will beat denver by 2 tds

solardave
11-01-2009, 11:55 AM
The Ravens loose to the Broncos today.Then next week they beat the Bengals.(the Bengals are due to implode)
We beat the Broncos and the following week we beat the Bengals. It's our division and they can't have it!

KeiselPower99
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
We should have the mindset that every game starting now is playoff caliber.

OneForTheToe
11-01-2009, 03:18 PM
So the division is over before we even play Baltimore once? And if the Steelers lose to the bungles, but the bungles fall apart down the stretch, and say lose 3 or 4 games, we would still lose the division? You know if you can't find something intelligent to write about why not just not turn an article in for the week?

solardave
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
The Ravens loose to the Broncos today.Then next week they beat the Bengals.(the Bengals are due to implode)
We beat the Broncos and the following week we beat the Bengals. It's our division and they can't have it!
I didn't start off my prediction very well. The Rats are tearing the Broncos a new one.

Crow-Magnon
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM
That article pretty much summed it up for me. A loss to Denver today would have put a fork in Baltimore's chances at the playoffs.

Now, sitting at 4-3 and a game behind the Bengals and Steelers, the Ravens still aren't sitting pretty. If they beat Cincinnati next week, they will be 5-3 and 2-1 in the AFCN, but if they lose, they will be 4-4 and 1-2 in the AFCN, behind Cincy at 6-2 and 4-0 in the AFCN. And if Pittsburgh takes down the Broncos, they will also be at 6-2, with a 2-0 AFCN record.

Next week is a must-win for Baltimore.

T.Richardson
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
That article pretty much summed it up for me. A loss to Denver today would have put a fork in Baltimore's chances at the playoffs.

Now, sitting at 4-3 and a game behind the Bengals and Steelers, the Ravens still aren't sitting pretty. If they beat Cincinnati next week, they will be 5-3 and 2-1 in the AFCN, but if they lose, they will be 4-4 and 1-2 in the AFCN, behind Cincy at 6-2 and 4-0 in the AFCN. And if Pittsburgh takes down the Broncos, they will also be at 6-2, with a 2-0 AFCN record.
Next week is a must-win for Baltimore.

Cinci beat Pittsburgh earlier this year.

Crow-Magnon
11-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Cinci beat Pittsburgh earlier this year.

'Scuse me. I meant 2-1. :noidea:

T.Richardson
11-01-2009, 06:24 PM
'Scuse me. I meant 2-1. :noidea:

I just wanted to correct you. I didnt mean to offend you or anything like that.

Crow-Magnon
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I just wanted to correct you. I didnt mean to offend you or anything like that.

Offense? None at all. I mean, I KNEW the Bengals defeated the Steelers (how could I not?), yet somehow I forgot to count it in the AFCN win-loss column.