PDA

View Full Version : Cowher Rumor back again

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
The Chin is lurking: Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is expected to end his three-year sabbatical and return to coaching in 2010, according to a league source who has spoken to associates of Cowher.

Cowher has been a popular studio analyst on "The NFL Today" on CBS since retiring as coach of the Steelers in 2007. Since he relocated to Raleigh, N.C., Cowher consistently has been linked to the Carolina job, should it open up.

Nobody expects Cowher to tip his hand until the end of the season, because he respects the coaching profession and does not want to influence any team owners from deciding the fate of their coaches with the expectation of him becoming available.

Cowher was pursued by Browns owner Randy Lerner in January, but told him in a meeting in New York the day before the 2008 season finale that the time was not right for him to re-enter the coaching ranks. A source said that Cowher joked in the meeting, "Can you wait 'til next year?"

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/10/as_losses_mount_are_reins_bein.html

I don't see it for a couple of reasons, I don't think he'd like to offend you guys by taking the Brownies job, I can easily see him taking the Carolina job and if he did I can easily see him leading them to a Super Bowl apperance. I can't blame him for taking the job either, the Panthers are right there, already built and are just missing a few pieces. The Browns?! Going to take about 2-3 years to get to be a legit NFL franchise and that's being generous. Carolina is where the guy lives and he's already made a few apperances.

Steelboy84
11-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Wouldn't shock me at all to see him back in the NFL.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 12:11 PM
cowher WILL be back in cleveland and have the browns sb contenders in 3 years. :rofl:

now im going to go hang myself for typing something SO idiotic.

Steeler in Carolina
11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Why would he go to the Browns. They have a Mangenius at coach already. :sofunny:

Vis
11-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Cowher will want the Carolina job based on location or the SD job based on talent.

jev7452
11-01-2009, 01:19 PM
definitely think he'll go to carolina especially with all there busts that theyve had, john fox will be out shortly if they dont turn it around.. and i think he'll take out delhommo and bring in someone like brady quinn

KeiselPower99
11-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Carolina is the job he will want. Im sure the Browns will give Mangina a second year to show something.

SteelCityMan786
11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
If he comes back at all, the only place that would make sense for him to be coaching is Carolina.

hindes204
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM
It wouldnt suprise me at all if he ended up at Carolina...and more power to him, id be happy for him, hes a helluva coach and should be back in the NFL where he belongs

Angus Burgher
11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I think there's a stong chance of him ending up in Carolina. Then again, the Panthers are showing signs of life right now as they're putting a whupping on the Cards... if they can magically turn their season around, maybe John Fox's job is safe after all.

nojobny
11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
*sigh*

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Not sure if you guys saw the game, but did you guys happen to see Rob Ryan on the sidelines talking trash to Cutler and overall acting a bit like his old man?

I'd be for him staying on his defensive coordinator, I've seen some improvement in the defense. Mind you, I think Mangini is a TERRIBLE head coach, but I'd like to see Ryan under a guy who auctually knows what he's doing, and isn't a jerk.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
rob ryan has a potty mouth. atleast you didnt suggest him as HC.

the fact that shottie or cowher dont wanna touch the franchise with a 10 foot pole is alarming. it would probably take an offer of 5% ownership to get either to even take a phone call (not saying they would accept).

i think you guys are stuck with vangini for atleast another year (maybe 2 if youre unlucky).

the thing that sucks about that is the #1 overall pick you all select next year will either be traded or benched by the new regime.

if not brady slimm, atleast j. cribbs should be starting qb right now. wtf?

fansince'76
11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
The Chin is lurking: Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is expected to end his three-year sabbatical and return to coaching in 2010, according to a league source who has spoken to associates of Cowher.

I agree, but I think it will be for the Panthers after Fox gets handed his pink slip.

MACH1
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM
The mangina is going to be around for at least a good three years. Look at how long it took them to get rid of grimace crennel.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
The mangina is going to be around for at least a good three years. Look at how long it took them to get rid of grimace crennel.

You so sure about that?

http://blogs.cantonrep.com/freshbrownies/lerners-halftime-staredown/

And :Lerner usually likes to hide in the ownership box, he's not that type of owner. I think this speaks volumes.

T&B fan
11-01-2009, 06:13 PM
If he comes back at all, the only place that would make sense for him to be coaching is Carolina.

:iagree: . but IMO he stays off the side lines yet another yr or 2

4xSBChamps
11-01-2009, 06:15 PM
now that I live in central Floriduh, I'm 'trying' to become a fan of the Yuccaneers, and these toothless-wonders down here are anxious for anybody to come-in and win instantly:
I try to tell 'em it's gonna take time, but they think it's easy to build an organization & a team that is capable of winning year-after-year-after-year

RoethlisBURGHer
11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I don't think Cowher would go to Cleveland.

He has fond memories of his time in Cleveland as a player and assistant coach. However he is from the Pittsburgh area and when you think Cowher, you think Black and Gold.

His wife doesn't want to live in the crap weather. That is a big reason why they bought a house in North Carolina. Almost always good weather, and never any snow. In Cleveland the four season are: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction. His wife won't have it.

The Browns are an absolute mess. They aren't a team that is a piece or two from being a Super Bowl contender. There is a lot of work to do in Cleveland, and I don't think he wants to take that hit to his win-loss record.

I can see him coaching the following teams, or none at all: Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, or Chargers.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 06:24 PM
His wife doesn't want to live in the crap weather. That is a big reason why they bought a house in North Carolina. Almost always good weather, and never any snow. In Cleveland the four season are: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction. His wife won't have it.

Steeler fan I know said he got divorced during the 2006 season and that was sort of the reason, Him and Rooney best agreed to go seperate ways because it was impacting his gameplan?

I take it this isn't true?

beSteelmyheart
11-01-2009, 06:35 PM
now that I live in central Floriduh, I'm 'trying' to become a fan of the Yuccaneers, and these toothless-wonders down here are anxious for anybody to come-in and win instantly:
I try to tell 'em it's gonna take time, but they think it's easy to build an organization & a team that is capable of winning year-after-year-after-year
I also live in Central Flori-DUH & my teeth are fine, thank you very much.

HometownGal
11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Even though Carolina beat the Cards today, John Fox will be canned at the end of the season and Cowher will step right in. Almost a guarantee.

MACH1
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Even though Carolina beat the Cards today, John Fox will be canned at the end of the season and Cowher will step right in. Almost a guarantee.

Yep. Cowher would be a perfect fit for them.

Jmat
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
I don't think Cowher would go to Cleveland.

He has fond memories of his time in Cleveland as a player and assistant coach. However he is from the Pittsburgh area and when you think Cowher, you think Black and Gold.

The Browns are an absolute mess. They aren't a team that is a piece or two from being a Super Bowl contender. There is a lot of work to do in Cleveland, and I don't think he wants to take that hit to his win-loss record.

I can see him coaching the following teams, or none at all: Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, or Chargers.

Let me preface this by saying that I really don't give a damn what Bill Cowher does or where he coaches. He is three years removed as head coach of the Steelers and I prefer Mike Tomlin over him anyway.

Now I'll say that I think that he'll go wherever he'll get the most power. He'll want a deal that will give him at least the same control as he had in Pittsburgh, probably more. He'll get the money he wants without a problem wherever he goes.

Vis
11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I really don't give a damn what Bill Cowher does or where he coaches. He is three years removed as head coach of the Steelers and I prefer Mike Tomlin over him anyway.

Now I'll say that I think that he'll go wherever he'll get the most power. He'll want a deal that will give him at least the same control as he had in Pittsburgh, probably more. He'll get the money he wants without a problem wherever he goes.

So he won't go to Dallas or DC

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree, but I think it will be for the Panthers after Fox gets handed his pink slip.

That makes too much sense to be true. But, I heard he told some Charlotte area auto dealers that he would love to be the head coach in Carolina.

4xSBChamps
11-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I also live in Central Flori-DUH & my teeth are fine, thank you very much.
I didn't mean any offense, personally, but I hear so-many people locally who continue saying 'Gruden wouldn't have let this happen to the Bucs', when all he could do was fail to provide any offense during his tenure, allow the defense Dungy built to grow-old, and use veterans to build patch-work 9-7 or 7-9 teams in recent years:
I think you'll agree that the Bucs are several players and years away from being respectable again, and that 'Chuckie' wasn't the answer.

:drink:

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Afterward, Lerner said, I dont fault anyone for criticizing us.
So have at it. WOOHOO....we got the green light to make fun of the browns...:tt03: .......:sofunny:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 06:56 PM
WOOHOO....we got the green light to make fun of the browns...:tt03: .......:sofunny:

Nu-uh! We got first dibs!

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Why would he go to the Browns. They have a Mangenius at coach already. :sofunny:
its disgusting how impatient browns fans are ... you'd think all those AFL championships would tide them over till at least 2020, but noooo...they wanna win now...:sofunny:

4xSBChamps
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
WOOHOO....we got the green light to make fun of the browns...:tt03: .......:sofunny:

Nu-uh! We got first dibs!

:thumbsup:

I agree, the long-suffering fans in Cleveland, known for loving their football team as-much-as Pittsburghers love their Stillers, deserve to throw the first brick.

Here's hoping your team becomes a power-house in the future, befitting that organization's history established 60+ years ago, and I seriously-hope that the Stillers will beat the living snot outta yinz in a 'meaningful-game' in the near future.

:drink:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
its disgusting how impatient browns fans are ... you'd think all those AFL championships would tide them over till at least 2020, but noooo...they wanna win now...:sofunny:

AAFC Championships. But it's not so much impatientience as being tired of being a joke stuck in the mud and not being able to beat our "rivals" in 12th straight times, tired of it.

you know since I've been alive (since the '89 season where they lost the AFCCG to Denver). The browns have only made the playoffs TWICE and have never won the division? and in total they've had THREE winning seasons.

Sort of hard to have something like that tide me over while we're "rebuilding" for the 90000th time.

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
:thumbsup:

I agree, the long-suffering fans in Cleveland, known for loving their football team as-much-as Pittsburghers love their Stillers, deserve to throw the first brick.

Here's hoping your team becomes a power-house in the future, befitting that organization's history established 60+ years ago, and I seriously-hope that the Stillers will beat the living snot outta yinz in a 'meaningful-game' in the near future.

:drink: are you nuckin futs ? then who will we make fun of ? :doh:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
are you nuckin futs ? then who will we make fun of ? :doh:

http://cincinnatibengals.contentquake.com/files/2008/04/bengals1.gif

or hopefully after Stabby Ray-Ray retires, the Rats as well.

I dream of a Steelers-Browns AFC Championship game someday. I got to see Michigan-TOSU go 1-2, I want to see Steelers-Browns count for the same thing, and hopefully when they meet the Browns will have at least ONE win on the Steelers during that season. :).

4xSBChamps
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
are you nuckin futs ? then who will we make fun of ? :doh:

after we beat 'em , in a play-off game, we'll laugh at 'em again

..... in the immortal words of Myron Cope

"..... Cleveland is the only place in America, where when you see a couple, walking down the street carrying their groceries.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MyronCopeon-airatWTAE1250.jpg

..... their neighbors think they have matching-luggage!!!!!"

:wink02:

..... besides, Clevelanders love their football, and there's always the Purple-Browns, da Bungals, the Cryboys, Philthadelphia, Oakland Al's assortment of societal-misfits.....
it's a target-rich environment!

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
http://cincinnatibengals.contentquake.com/files/2008/04/bengals1.gif

or hopefully after Stabby Ray-Ray retires, the Rats as well.

I dream of a Steelers-Browns AFC Championship game someday. I got to see Michigan-TOSU go 1-2, I want to see Steelers-Browns count for the same thing, and hopefully when they meet the Browns will have at least ONE win on the Steelers during that season. :).
so you'd rather we hate you than feel sorry for ya ?

DA had another outstanding outting again...:chuckle: ... if they aren't gonna play quinn... then why isn't ratliff under center ? :noidea:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-01-2009, 09:06 PM
so you'd rather we hate you than feel sorry for ya ?

DA had another outstanding outting again...:chuckle: ... if they aren't gonna play quinn... then why isn't ratliff under center ? :noidea:

'cuz Mangini is a stubborn fool. :banging:

And yes, I'd rather be hated than to have pity on. If we're hated, that means we're good and we've pissed you guys off by winning against you guys. Pity is probably the lowest a franchise can get.

XxKnightxX
11-02-2009, 04:30 AM
If cowher comes back, most likely it will be to the Panthers, or some other franchise. He wont get along with Snyder, and I really dont think he will go to the Bolts. Remember that Bill Cowher was a Schottenheimer disciple and AJ Smith basically went on a power trip and fired him.

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 08:52 AM
cowher WILL be back in cleveland and have the browns sb contenders in 3 years. :rofl:

now im going to go hang myself for typing something SO idiotic.

But what if I'm right? If I was you, I'd leave the board in shame (although if you HAD any shame you'd have already left).

Fox isn't getting fired, so Carolina is out. Mangini has GOT to be the coach on the hottest hot seat in the NFL. This is a very real possibility, and it's quite myopic to think not simply because you the poster who first suggested it owns you in the political forum and, to a lessor degree, in the football one. You really need to stop letting blind hate and frustration cloud your judgment....

A couple more things:
-Cowher will go where the money is. The Browns will almost certainly pay him 10+.
-Cowher will go where he has the most control. The Browns gave Mangini, an NFL failure, almost complete control, even as far as letting him make a bunch of stupid and expensive changes to their facilities in Berea (and at the same time they released a bunch of personnel)
-Cowher will go where he's most motivated. Remaking Cleveland into a winder cements the dude for HOF balloting.

I'm NOT saying this is definitely going to happen, I'm saying it's ridiculously short-sighted to dismiss the possibility that it COULD happen out of hand, and it's RETARDED to say that it's idiotic to suggest that it could.

BlastFurnace
11-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I would hate it if Cowher went to Cleveland...but if he does...Oh well. I'm very happy with the coach we have now and the success he will bring us. I would be much more upset if Tomlin left us to go to Cleveland than Cowher.

The problem I could see happening is that he would go after some of our players.

4xSBChamps
11-02-2009, 10:07 AM
..... Mangini has GOT to be the coach on the hottest hot seat in the NFL.....

I'd think that O.A.'s son is on an equally-hot, if-not hotter, seat

:noidea:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
But what if I'm right? If I was you, I'd leave the board in shame (although if you HAD any shame you'd have already left).

Fox isn't getting fired, so Carolina is out. Mangini has GOT to be the coach on the hottest hot seat in the NFL. This is a very real possibility, and it's quite myopic to think not simply because you the poster who first suggested it owns you in the political forum and, to a lessor degree, in the football one. You really need to stop letting blind hate and frustration cloud your judgment....

A couple more things:
-Cowher will go where the money is. The Browns will almost certainly pay him 10+.
-Cowher will go where he has the most control. The Browns gave Mangini, an NFL failure, almost complete control, even as far as letting him make a bunch of stupid and expensive changes to their facilities in Berea (and at the same time they released a bunch of personnel)
-Cowher will go where he's most motivated. Remaking Cleveland into a winder cements the dude for HOF balloting.

I'm NOT saying this is definitely going to happen, I'm saying it's ridiculously short-sighted to dismiss the possibility that it COULD happen out of hand, and it's RETARDED to say that it's idiotic to suggest that it could.

I just think flatout if he does come back, it's to Carolina. It just seems like too good of a fit. He seems to consider Carolina his 2nd home, they've got some talent on the roster and just seem genuninely a better situation than the Browns.

I don't see him going to the 'skins because I don't think he'd like the idea of having someone like Dan Snyder as an owner, Cleveland? I think he respects the Browns and their fanbase alot, he had pictures of the old stadium and seats from the old stadium in his office, he played here and he's still friends with a couple of former Browns players (Doug Dieken, current Browns color guy on the radio was his room mate during training camp in the Kardiac Kids), but I see him as being too loyal to the Rooneys and his hometown to auctually go through with it.

Not saying I don't like what I'm hearing from you Rev., I just think that the Browns if they're hiring a new Team President or H.C. they're going to have look elsewhere and away from the Belichick coaching line.

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 10:50 AM
The "Loyal to the Rooney's" talk is all homer nonsense. There are some good and compelling reasons why he would NOT come back and coach the Browns, but that ain't one of them.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
It all "could" happen.........but I dont know if Lerner is gonna be thrilled with having to pay for 3 coaching staffs. He is still paying the Phil Savage/Romeo Crenell regime, then he would have to pay the Mangini/ Kokinis staff.

If the Browns clean house, Lerner will owe millions of dollars in salaries to his top men. Crennel, Savage and offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski all signed extensions last season through 2011. Crennel and Chudzinski alone would be owed an estimated $20 million over the next three seasons. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/11/browns_coach_romeo_crennel_and.html

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
The "Loyal to the Rooney's" talk is all homer nonsense. There are some good and compelling reasons why he would NOT come back and coach the Browns, but that ain't one of them.

What do you think those would be?

SteelMember
11-02-2009, 01:35 PM
It all "could" happen.........but I dont know if Lerner is gonna be thrilled with having to pay for 3 coaching staffs. He is still paying the Phil Savage/Romeo Crenell regime, then he would have to pay the Mangini/ Kokinis staff.

That was my point.

Even if all these guys get fired, they will all still be making "guaranteed" money thanks to their contracts.

That's a tough pill to choke on. Besides the fact you'd be admitting...again, that you (lerner) made the wrong decision.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
That was my point.

Even if all these guys get fired, they will all still be making "guaranteed" money thanks to their contracts.

That's a tough pill to choke on. Besides the fact you'd be admitting...again, that you (lerner) made the wrong decision.

Lerner is going to have to. Period.

Better he admit the mistake now to the fanbase and start fresh, then leave Mangini in charge and have the fanbase be driven away even further.

A bitter pill? Yeah, a lot of the fans are angry at him for making a bad choice like this AGAIN, but it would be even worse if he sticks around with the same bad choice for the next 2 years hoping it'll get better (it won't)

MasterOfPuppets
11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
i'm normally against shit canning a coach so quick and not giving him a chance to get the players to "buy in", but i just don't see it happening. i'd shitcan this clown asap. then again, i'd have never rushed to hire him to begin with...

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 02:25 PM
If the Titanic saw the iceberg a little sooner, would they continue course and ram into it?

Perhaps, if the Browns FO was at the helm.

To answer your question, RWWPC, the biggest reason why Cowher would pass is the cursed nature of the franchise. I also happen to believe it may the biggest reason he WOULD take the job. If you can right THAT sinking ship, it proves the ultimate coaching ability.

Finally, to address the money issue. The Browns have shown very little wisdom or fiscal responsibility so far, so why would they start now? If they can get Cowher for 10 mil a year, they will.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-02-2009, 03:09 PM
i'm normally against shit canning a coach so quick and not giving him a chance to get the players to "buy in", but i just don't see it happening. i'd shitcan this clown asap. then again, i'd have never rushed to hire him to begin with...

He blew a load in his damn pants when he heard Mangini was fired by the Jets.

I mean, he hired the head coach first. That was a huge mistake. Nobody was knocking down Mangini's door to hire him as a head coach, it's not like Lerner needed to hire his ASAP or risk losing him to another team.

Now he is stuck with a head coach that has never proven he's anything but an okay coordinator on Bellichick's coaching staff who is on a power trip.

Angus Burgher
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I'd never have hired Mangina in the first place. I don't see him lasting the season, but well, it is Cleveland. Crennel was awful but they kept him around for a while too.

I hope they get rid of Rob Ryan though. I don't know how good or bad he really is, I just seriously don't need to keep seeing two Ryans in weekly press conferences on ESPN. One blowhard fatass is enough. I don't need to see his deranged mountain man brother too.

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I'd never have hired Mangina in the first place. I don't see him lasting the season, but well, it is Cleveland. Crennel was awful but they kept him around for a while too.

I hope they get rid of Rob Ryan though. I don't know how good or bad he really is, I just seriously don't need to keep seeing two Ryans in weekly press conferences on ESPN. One blowhard fatass is enough. I don't need to see his deranged mountain man brother too.

Mangini had already failed on a major scale, taking a Jets team that was heading the right direction and auguring it in in the second half of 2008. He's the perfect placemat if you're an owner waiting for a REAL coach like Cowher.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Lerner is going to have to. Period.

Better he admit the mistake now to the fanbase and start fresh, then leave Mangini in charge and have the fanbase be driven away even further.

Your fan base isnt going anywhere. Rob Ryan is correct in that Cleveland fans will continue to come out and watch Browns football.

The Browns have sucked for decades and every once and a while, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar or Kelly Holcombe come along to almost help the franchise climb out of the pit of despair...........then somebody(usually the own franchise) comes along and whacks the Browns over the head with a shovel and puts them back in the pit.

Browns football fans are like Chicago Cubs baseball fans, except on Lake Erie without the ivy covered walls, 7th inning stretch or anything cool. Just a history of rednecks throwing batteries at opposing teams.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Your fan base isnt going anywhere. Rob Ryan is correct in that Cleveland fans will continue to come out and watch Browns football.

The Browns have sucked for decades and every once and a while, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar or Kelly Holcombe come along to almost help the franchise climb out of the pit of despair...........then somebody(usually the own franchise) comes along and whacks the Browns over the head with a shovel and puts them back in the pit.

Browns football fans are like Chicago Cubs baseball fans, except on Lake Erie without the ivy covered walls, 7th inning stretch or anything cool. Just a history of rednecks throwing batteries at opposing teams.

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/theunsportsmanlikes/August%202009%20Photos/steeler_fan_proudly_waving_terrib_2.jpg

http://www.rammerjammeryellowhammer.com/weblog/archives/Steelerstattooguy.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/media/2009/01/steelers-fans-425ds.jpg

With all due respect Gonzo, Don't you guys have your fair share of 'Necks in the fanbase? Not a slam on anyone here on the site (you guys are great folks :) ), just probably not good to generalize like that. ;).

steelwalls
11-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I also think BC would want the carolina job. and I do think he will certainly be coaching somewhere at least.

43Hitman
11-02-2009, 07:09 PM
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad293/theunsportsmanlikes/August%202009%20Photos/steeler_fan_proudly_waving_terrib_2.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/media/2009/01/steelers-fans-425ds.jpg

With all due respect Gonzo, Don't you guys have your fair share of 'Necks in the fanbase? Not a slam on anyone here on the site (you guys are great folks :) ), just probably not good to generalize like that. ;).

:sofunny: I would never get that many tats, but I have to admit that is some really good work on that back piece. At least he had enough smarts to have a good artist do it.

Angus Burgher
11-02-2009, 08:43 PM

LOL, good point.

Every football team has fans like this. PIttsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, wherever.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2009, 11:56 PM

I know. I crossed the line a bit, but was just feelin it on a good rant....sorry.

But that is one thing that while I can respect Browns fans for hanging in despite their teams decades without consistent success...I never could get with the dawg pounders throwing batteries, snowballs, etc. Those antics are reserved for Philly fan booing Santa and cheering for injuries.

KeiselPower99
11-03-2009, 08:09 AM
I love this picture,

ricksteelers55
11-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Cowher is going to the Carolina Panthers unless they finish strong and the owner changes his mind.

Everything there is perfect for Bill except the base defense of the Panthers but they could keep Julius Peppers happy if they switch to 3-4 base defense the defense in which he wants to play.

The only thing Bill would have to find to be a serious contender is getting a good QB and the Panthers chances of going to the SB would double.

revefsreleets
11-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Fox will not be fired in Carolina.

Dino 6 Rings
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Two Words

Dan Snyder

43Hitman
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM

Why not?

Nadroj 20
11-04-2009, 04:34 PM

Why wont he?, he cant seem to figure out when you starting QB cant take care of the football he needs to be handed a headset and clip board.

SteelDevilNC
11-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I live in NC and have heard my friends praise the Fox Delhomme combo one year then raise hell the next for like 7 years now. And while everyone here is calling for Delhomme's head right now the fact is that John Fox WILL NOT bench Jake. They are connected at the hip and they will either turn it around or go out together. That being said i dont think Fox gets fired after this season so no job in carolina for cowher for at least another year and a half

SteelMember
11-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Folks keep bringing up Carolina as a possibility. Is it because he lives in NC? It's not like it's right around the corner. Form where he lives, to where the panthers practice and play is like a 4 hour drive. He would need to move again anyway. Unless he gets a small plane licence. :noidea:

revefsreleets
11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
The Panthers started slowly, but beating Arizona in the desert will help (although losing to the lowly Bills is never good).

The reason I don't think he gets canned is the panthers, maybe more than any other team in the NFL really model themselves after the Steelers, and they value continuity. They are 3-4 now, and I think .500 or better is all they need for him to stay put...and maybe even a sub .500 record for one more year.