PDA

View Full Version : jeff reed's non-tackle redeemed?

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
p. harvin just juked r. longwell out of his jock, on a near return for a td.

atleast jeff reed showed a bit of skill to even get a hand on him and attempt to push him out of bounds.

steelreserve
11-01-2009, 05:05 PM
on the other hand, I don't think Harvin really tried any moves on Reed. He just ran right by him. Maybe against Denver we can have a game with no special teams touchdowns allowed.

cubanstogie
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
too funny we get to talk about this some more. I on the other hand was stuck watching the Raiders and Chargers game and Kaeting took a great angle to run the KR down. I was impressed. It wasn't one on one in the open field but none the less a nice play.

steelerchad
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
We may give up one to Denver also. They've got Royal back there.
Denver has also given up 1 in each of the last 2 games, so maybe we can get a return as well.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 06:13 PM
on the other hand, I don't think Harvin really tried any moves on Reed. He just ran right by him. suprizing considering reeds blazing 5.17 speed.

oh and it was crosby who took the appropriate angle yet still whiffed on a tackle. longwell is on the vikings.

but yeah, with e. royal coming up plus baltimores 3rd round rookie running back a kick, i hope the steelers figure something out real quick. (i dont think jeff reed in tackle drills is the answer though).

fansince'76
11-01-2009, 06:15 PM
but yeah, with e. royal coming up plus baltimores 3rd round rookie running back a kick, i hope the steelers figure something out real quick. (i dont think jeff reed in tackle drills is the answer though).

I think lane discipline by the other 10 guys on the coverage unit is.

HometownGal
11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Holy Mother of God - not this same redundant subject again. :banging: :banging: I know without a doubt that you have good intentions here, Tony, but all this is going to do is stir up the pot all over again. :doh:

If this thread takes the same turn the others did, it will be locked down - sorry.

Preacher
11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Holy Mother of God - not this same redundant subject again. :banging: :banging: I know without a doubt that you have good intentions here, Tony, but all this is going to do is stir up the pot all over again. :doh:

If this thread takes the same turn the others did, it will be locked down - sorry.

ARIANS SUCKS!

:stirthepot:

MasterOfPuppets
11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
when i got home today, there was a can on the sidewalk in front of my house. i kicked it up the sidewalk in front of my neighbors house, cause i'm pretty sure they'll pick it up... i doubt i'll get any recongnition for my effort and good deed...:noidea:

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM

ARIANS SUCKS!

:stirthepot:

i guess i could start a dozen ryan clark threads to get us through the week. :hunch:

anyways, anyone who has watched the vikings the last 2 weeks, realizes that p. harvin is everything as advertized, not only on special teams but as a wr also.

not only does he make kickers look rediculous in coverage he has taken some hella shots as a wr, and just gets back up to take some more.

anyone who wants to argue that jeff reed is still a bum, feel free to get this thread locked down. i had my say. :cool:

sharkweek
11-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I'd rather Reed get schooled by superior athleticism than to get embarrassed with a complete non effort.

jjpro11
11-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Harvin is such a better athlete than Reed that it would have been pretty amazing for Reed to make that tackle alone. there are members on this board who are probably better pure athletes than Reed. it's the kick coverage's job to stop the return man, not the kicker.

tony hipchest
11-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I'd rather Reed get schooled by superior athleticism.

which he did.

if it makes anyone feel better, p. harvin woulda missed 75-80% of the kicks, jeff reed has made in his career.

as one of the best atheletes in the league, i would also hope james harrison could long snap atleast once, but he is to long snapping what reed is to making tackles.

Preacher
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
VngRJXrjXE0

solardave
11-02-2009, 05:49 PM
We may give up one to Denver also. They've got Royal back there.
Denver has also given up 1 in each of the last 2 games, so maybe we can get a return as well.
I think this is Logan's week to get his TD. We need to lay a Slober Knocker on Royal early on to put the fear in him.:thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
which he did.

if it makes anyone feel better, p. harvin woulda missed 75-80% of the kicks, jeff reed has made in his career.

as one of the best atheletes in the league, i would also hope james harrison could long snap atleast once, but he is to long snapping what reed is to making tackles.

I disagree. Any 7 year old can be taught how to tackle another kid........but teaching professional athletes to long snap is much more difficult.

Reed had 2 hands on Harvin and just gave him a push. Should have told Reed that Harvin just took the last paper towel from the dispenser in sheetz and he might have made an effort.