PDA

View Full Version : Steelers favorite over the Broncos

Venom
11-02-2009, 07:43 AM
I couldnt beleive to see that the Steelers are favorite by 3 over the Broncos in Denver . Usually the home team with the better record are the favorites . I hope the Steelers dont look past this game for the Bengals on the 15th

Kaeg
11-02-2009, 07:46 AM
I prefer the underdog role, but I guess it doesn't matter really. It's probably just a superstition that I've developed by now. :flap:

HometownGal
11-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Don't care whether they're faves or underdogs personally. As long as they go out on that field on Monday night, play kick ass Steelers football and come away with the W, I'll be happy. :tt03:

Crow-Magnon
11-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I couldnt beleive to see that the Steelers are favorite by 3 over the Broncos in Denver . Usually the home team with the better record are the favorites . I hope the Steelers dont look past this game for the Bengals on the 15th

Right now the Ravens are favored by 3 over Cincinnati, who are at home and a game ahead in the division and a win already over Baltimore.

Sometimes I think the people that set these lines are all on mind-altering drugs.

I know the Broncos were exposed a little yesterday, but Denver at home is always tough. And Cincy at home will be tough, also.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-02-2009, 09:39 AM
That means the Steelers would be favored by 6 if they were at home. Pretty much right IMO. The Steelers took down the undefeated Vikings and are on a win streak, while the Broncos are coming off a loss to a formerly 3-3 team.

Should be a good game and hopefully the Steelers come out on top. But really, if you said its gonna be a defensive struggle and the real duel will between offenses of Ben, Ward, Holmes, Miller, Mendenhall vs. Orton, Marshall, Royal, Moreno, Stokley..........I think the Steelers get the edge.

WindyCitySteelerFan
11-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I liked seeing the breakdown of Orton's passes, his percentage was 70% under 10 yards, and were significantly lower anything beyond that.. Keep him from throwing these screen passes, and the game is ours.

solardave
11-02-2009, 09:45 AM
That means the Steelers would be favored by 6 if they were at home. Pretty much right IMO. The Steelers took down the undefeated Vikings and are on a win streak, while the Broncos are coming off a loss to a formerly 3-3 team.

Should be a good game and hopefully the Steelers come out on top. But really, if you said its gonna be a defensive struggle and the real duel will between offenses of Ben, Ward, Holmes, Miller, Mendenhall vs. Orton, Marshall, Royal, Moreno, Stokley..........I think the Steelers get the edge.

I think the first half will be low scoring but look out in the second.Just like the Rats we will wear them down.

tyler289
11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
If the Steelers D plays like the Ravens D did yesterday (aka play like usual), they should be able to hold back the Broncos' offense.

revefsreleets
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
The Bronco's have a solid defense that showed a couple holes yesterday. They overachieved to reach 6-0. I'm not surprised they have this game as even (Denver getting 3 for being home).

This will be a very tough game for the Steelers regardless. If the offense can't get things rolling it could be a long day.

steelreserve
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I think a lot of people are still expecting the Broncos to collapse, or at least turn into a .500 team from here on out. Which, although I have to give them credit for playing out of their minds lately, is realistically probably about their true talent level.

Crow-Magnon
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I think a lot of people are still expecting the Broncos to collapse, or at least turn into a .500 team from here on out. Which, although I have to give them credit for playing out of their minds lately, is realistically probably about their true talent level.

True, but playing Denver at home is never easy.

Fire Haley
11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Dink and dunk Kyle Orton is the next Brian Griese for Denver.

Write that down.

I ain't ascared of Ryan McBean.

Angina
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Anyone else worried that the Broncos are embarrassed and angry about their loss to the Ravens and looking to make a statement against the Steelers?

Angina

LVSteelersfan
11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Orton sucks at QB. It was obvious that a good defense pretty much shut him down. He can't throw the ball with any accuracy over 10 yards. Harrison and Woodley should have a field day. The donkeys are just pretenders.

kirklandrules
11-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Anyone else worried that the Broncos are embarrassed and angry about their loss to the Ravens and looking to make a statement against the Steelers?

Angina

I'm not worried at all. That game will provide a pretty good blue print on how to get after them. Besides, they aren't going to play any more angry than James Harrison :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Angus Burgher
11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Right now the Ravens are favored by 3 over Cincinnati, who are at home and a game ahead in the division and a win already over Baltimore.

Sometimes I think the people that set these lines are all on mind-altering drugs.

I know the Broncos were exposed a little yesterday, but Denver at home is always tough. And Cincy at home will be tough, also.

Yeah, picking the Ravens in that game puzzles me a bit. I know that they very well could win it, but Cinci already beat the Rats on their own turf once, are coming off a bye week, and just had an explosive win over the Bears. The Ravens might have been coming off a win, but that was after dropping three straight games.

I swear, sports writers everywhere are just dying to see Baltimore win it all this season, for some reason or another. They're acting like Flacco is Peyton Manning right now. Give me a break.

steel striker
11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
We all know this a primetime game on mnf and, I know the broncos will be fired up playing at home with the champs coming to town. I know Tomlin will have our guys ready to play as well. Like HTG said as long as we come out of there with the W and, hopefully everyone healthy. Point spreads I could care less about.

Steel_Bus_24
11-02-2009, 06:47 PM
this is such a dicey game for us

The Broncos are pretty much the anti-Steelers of this year

we won't have Clark either,

If our O isn't ready to throw short slants and dump offs, then we could be looking at another Eagles 08 game

Fire Haley
11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Think Defense.

Clog up the middle, shut down the run, close up the corners and make Orton beat us deep.

Put Ben and Holmes and Ward and Wallace in the spread offense early and beat them deep.

No screwing around this time, Denver couldn't even handle Flacco's no-huddle....watch and learn.
Patience Ben, patience.

No turnovers.

#1 Big Ben Fan
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
The Donkies are over-rated and Orton is a bum. I know the guy is having a really good year so far but they're entire offense is Brandon Marshall and a bunch of smoke and mirrors. I know Royal is also a good WR and they have some talented RB's but I don't the Steelers need to fear that much. I also think their defense has been playing above their head all year to. Really the Broncos should be 5-2 just like the Steelers. A fluke play won them the game vs the Bengals.

Steelers-34

Broncos-17

cubanstogie
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I liked seeing the breakdown of Orton's passes, his percentage was 70% under 10 yards, and were significantly lower anything beyond that.. Keep him from throwing these screen passes, and the game is ours.

I think our D matches up well against Orton. We tend to play guys like Favre, Palmer and Cutler with a big cushion for fear of not getting beat with the big play. I don't think Orton instills the fear of the big play like the other guys so I don't see him being able to dink and dunk. Let him try and beat us deep, I love our chances. They have about a 5 percent chance of running on us as well. I could see us shutting them down for 16 points max. 31-16 Steelers.

Steelboy84
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
The Donkies are over-rated and Orton is a bum. I know the guy is having a really good year so far but they're entire offense is Brandon Marshall and a bunch of smoke and mirrors. I know Royal is also a good WR and they have some talented RB's but I don't the Steelers need to fear that much. I also think their defense has been playing above their head all year to. Really the Broncos should be 5-2 just like the Steelers. A fluke play won them the game vs the Bengals.

Steelers-34

Broncos-17

Yea, the defense is really carrying them.

BlackAndGold4Ever
11-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not ready to just chock this one up as a win just yet. The defense is carrying the Broncos right now however the offense can be explosive even with Kyle Orton

steelwalls
11-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Sorry....(dont want to jinx) but we are clearly the better all around team. If we loose this one it will be because of luck on their part.

stb_steeler
11-03-2009, 12:46 AM
If the Steelers play a masterful defense like the Ravens did, i wouldnt worry to much. Orton was rushed the whole game on Sunday. Steelers just have to get that win on the road mode kickin in.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:12 AM
This is a classic trap game. The Steelers O line is much bigger than the Broncos and should run all over them with Mendenhall, Parker and Moore. The Broncos O line couldnt establish the run vs the Ravens, so should also struggle with the Steelers defense.

Ben > Orton
Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller > Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Graham
Steelers defensive front 7 > than Broncos front 7

A lot of things can happen like turnovers, special teams plays, home field crowd. I just hope the Steelers play mistake free football and dominate.

Galax Steeler
11-03-2009, 05:24 AM

Angina

I don't see how they could be embarrassed they played a very good Baltimore defense. If they would have lost to someone like the Stains or Detroit then I would say that was an embarrassment.:wink02: